Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah that's football, if it was so predictable we wouldnt love it as much. Hopefully next season will be even more successful for you.

very true . I know its sad because i'm 35 with 2 kids and a missus , and i'm still playing football manager ,but Cisse demanded a move because I coulden't afford 120k a week wages . So I'm going to buy Odemwingie because he's another greedy **** head irl .And they shall both lead my attack next season..........................................In the reserves :p

very true . I know its sad because i'm 35 with 2 kids and a missus , and i'm still playing football manager ,but Cisse demanded a move because I coulden't afford 120k a week wages . So I'm going to buy Odemwingie because he's another greedy **** head irl .And they shall both lead my attack next season..........................................In the reserves :p
nothing sad about it mate im 37 with a wife and 2 kids but still play fm dont know what i would do if i had to stop

Nothing sad about it. FM can hardly be described as a child's game, that's FIFA's job.

Hello, how are friends?
Not if you remember me, I'm the manager who began coaching a team in the fourth division of Spain "Beasain". Today I am in La Liga BBVA, in the Spanish first division. INCREDIBLE! After 15 games, I'm seventh in the standings and have been eliminated in the quarter-finals of the Cup of Spain for Valencia. I have won at Barcelona 3-2, I can not believe. Again I want to thank JP. I've been putting your tactics as you were doing, (solid 4-4-2, 4-4-2 counter, and now this).
I'm really enjoying the game. I mean that I have 39 years and I have a wife, and I do not think I'll stop playing FM ever, despite my wife fights jejejej
P.S. I do not know how to put screenshots so you can see everything that miracles are possible ...

Nice tactic JP. I used this with Port Vale, who start in League 2 with media prediction as 24, and in administration (so no signings). I finished the first season in 3rd place with automatic promotion to L1. To those who say that this tactic does not work with underdog teams - it does, you need to be patient. I changed almost the whole team after promotion, had a difficult start, but once the new team "clicked" magic started to happen.

A couple of questions for Woody:
1) Which training do you use during pre season?
2) Please explain, why is it necessary to keep match preparation at tactics even when the team is 100% familiar with the set up?
3) Does the pitch quality matter? My club still lacks funds for relaying the pitch, and I found that I tend to perform better away...
4) Which individual training focus is best for the players? Usually I just stick it to the individual role (poacher, winger etc), unless something is clearly out of hand (I signed Juan Lescano on a free, and he had composure rating 4, so very high intensity on composure there lol)

And a quick follow-up...
5) When building a team literally from scratch, where do you suggest to start? The classical build from the back, or focus on the talented attacking players first? Assuming both are available, but funds are limited.

Hello, how are friends?
Not if you remember me, I'm the manager who began coaching a team in the fourth division of Spain "Beasain". Today I am in La Liga BBVA, in the Spanish first division. INCREDIBLE! After 15 games, I'm seventh in the standings and have been eliminated in the quarter-finals of the Cup of Spain for Valencia. I have won at Barcelona 3-2, I can not believe. Again I want to thank JP. I've been putting your tactics as you were doing, (solid 4-4-2, 4-4-2 counter, and now this).
I'm really enjoying the game. I mean that I have 39 years and I have a wife, and I do not think I'll stop playing FM ever, despite my wife fights jejejej
P.S. I do not know how to put screenshots so you can see everything that miracles are possible ...

Excellent!! Glad you're enjoying your save with the tactics.

Nice tactic JP. I used this with Port Vale, who start in League 2 with media prediction as 24, and in administration (so no signings). I finished the first season in 3rd place with automatic promotion to L1. To those who say that this tactic does not work with underdog teams - it does, you need to be patient. I changed almost the whole team after promotion, had a difficult start, but once the new team "clicked" magic started to happen.

A couple of questions for Woody:
1) Which training do you use during pre season?
2) Please explain, why is it necessary to keep match preparation at tactics even when the team is 100% familiar with the set up?
3) Does the pitch quality matter? My club still lacks funds for relaying the pitch, and I found that I tend to perform better away...
4) Which individual training focus is best for the players? Usually I just stick it to the individual role (poacher, winger etc), unless something is clearly out of hand (I signed Juan Lescano on a free, and he had composure rating 4, so very high intensity on composure there lol)

1. Nothing different to what i do during the season.

2. Im not saying its necessary im just saying its what i do, if you feel something else will work better you're free to try.

3. Not sure really. Its a short passing fluid tactic so a nice pitch would probably work better for the beautiful football.

4. I just ask the assistant to sort it, its not something i really get involved in really, ive always found the training side of the game boring.

And a quick follow-up...
5) When building a team literally from scratch, where do you suggest to start? The classical build from the back, or focus on the talented attacking players first? Assuming both are available, but funds are limited.

5. If it was a tactic based on defence and keeping clean sheets id say defence but its primary focus is scoring so the attacking side would be where i started. However i would say get a decent keeper first.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers. Regarding point 3. I was not trying to imply that something else would work better, I was just curious to know wether there is some particular reason you do that.
Another question: which of the attacking players do you consider to be most important in this set up?

Update: halfway through my 2nd season, and I am pushing for L1 title.

Further update: I WON L1 TITLE AND WENT UNBEATEN THE WHOLE SEASON! AND I WON THE FA CUP!!!! THIS TACTIC IS THE ****!

Last edited:
Last seson with Rangers was the best i had :

y11Lwnm.jpg

At the end of acctuall seson it looks exacly same , I will upload screen when I will end.

At the moment I am after semi final champions league first match away with Real M. - i lost 5-4 and waiting for match home - i hope i will be able to won it :O

One more time exelent tactic JP :D

And i lost at home 1-2 :[ so need to wait for next seson :[

Well, I cruised the Championship 2nd time around with the Wood. I am almost now using both this tactic or a 4-5-1 depending on players available (my squad is tiny).

However, Premiership opening fixtures:
Arsenal (Away), Man City (Home), Liverpool (Away). Lost all 1-0, 3-7 (this was 3-3!!) and 3-1.

I dabbled far too much in the market just like my 1st Championship season and have struggled a little. Maybe 7 or 8 signings and departures and after 6 games and just 5 points I'm sure squad movements have a real affect (as stated by others) on performances even though only 3 of my new signings are regular starters. I just have to push on and survive this first season!

Hello,

below last seson with Rangers , almost same as before :D

qZpncB4.jpg

And one more time we will try to win Champions League.At the moment we have in Scotland 2 teams in Champions League and 4 in Europen Cup - first such seson , becouse i made to get to semi final last seson of champions league and lost with Real M.

Wish me luck.

Once again i enjoy playing FM. THANK YOU. Since i've bought the game i was hating it, as most of the times all the tatics i used i was getting smash.. I only made 3 games with this tatic and i can tell you it's totally BEAST.

Stoke 0 - 4 Tottenham
Tottenham 2 - 0 Aston Villa
Manchester United 0 - 3!!!! Tottenham

My left striker is J.Defoe, he's just killing the net for fun!

Been using a new tactic with Napoli for the last few days. Its a 4-6-0 Barca style tactic and probably the best tactic ive made so far for FM 13. Im certainly enjoying using it anyway.

In 2 seasons with Napoli so far ive won:

2 Serie A titles.
2 Champions league titles.
1 Italian cup
1 Italian super cup
1 European super cup
1 World club championship title

I have no plans to release it on the current patch, with a new patch due so soon it would be pointless but hopefully it will work just as well on the new patch and ill release then.

In the meantime here are some screenshots:

View attachment 307038View attachment 307039View attachment 307040View attachment 307041View attachment 307042View attachment 307051View attachment 307043View attachment 307044View attachment 307045View attachment 307046View attachment 307047View attachment 307048View attachment 307049View attachment 307050

Last edited:
Hey JP, is it possible if you could pm the 4-6-0 tactic please? I have been wanting to use on for ages

Eh do not release that tactic JP becouse my players do not match to this tactic and I need to change about 6 players for it :[ - just joking :D

Waiting for new one and maybe I will try to start new carier.

I will link screen with Rangers after 1/2 seson - I decided to play in league with 1st team only and efect is amazing.After half seson 19 match i have 17-2-0 and goals 90-4 :D if the secound half of seson will go so good with goals i could even score 180 :O

I have only one problem with this tactic. The quality of football played is utterly, utterly horrible. I know this is also (heavily) match engine's fault but it doesn't matter. Wingers just keep dribbling to the middle and shooting out of the field. Even Gotze who has "looks for pass rather than attempting to score", "plays one-twos" and "tries killer balls often" PPMs is just shooting for fun. Backs too. Sometimes they score but it feels so unrealistic. Fabio dribbles 50 meters and then scores? Come on. This can only happen once in a year, at best.

Looking forward for your 4-6-0 tactic, sounds like a dream coming true.

When is the new patch release date anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.