Status
Not open for further replies.
No glitch in the Premier. Got west ham into the champions league as runners up, won prem with spurs and in Italy won serie A with Inter. Some teams just take longer to get the tactics working than others.

Like how long, whole season ?

Currently using this tactic with Leeds and it is a solid tactic attacking, Hit and miss defending wise but i'm sure that is down to my current crop of defenders, Works fine with my core defenders playing but if one or two need resting or pick up knocks my cover just cant cut it at all, Was unlucky early on lost Becchio for 5 month after only two games hes just come back and after 4 games he has hit 10 goals playing the CF role with McCormack netting 4 times playing as poacher, I can see having a big man is key to this formation though, Without Becchio i have had to play Ranger on loan from Newcastle as the CF and he is very hit and miss but solid backup for poacher.

Currently midway through January and 9 points clear at the top of the championship, Unbeaten in the league, Made the semi final of the captial one cup and only lost 1-0 over two legs to Liverpool, Sadly my FA cup run came to a end instantly losing 2-1 to Cardiff but overall it is a solid tactic, The one weakness it has atleast for me is teams who play 5 across midfield, Played against Hull and Birmingham who both played 4-5-1 and both finished 0-0 with very few chances created but they didnt create much neither they just played not to get beat i guess.

OK, first of all apologies for uploading and deleting the total football tactic earlier last week. It worked very well for me in the lower leagues with Bristol Rovers but after further testing with better teams i realised it wasn't quite up to scratch. Basically its no good having a tactic which gets less effective the more you improve the team so it was back to the drawing board, which brings me on to this new one.

In the new improved one i've still wanted a more expansive tactic but made some big changes. I've gone back to a trusty 442, i still think it's by far the best and most effective formation to use on Football manager 2013. This is now an attacking tactic, i've used my Germany tactics from last year as a base but obviously with a 442 rather than 4231.

View attachment 298518

I've tested first with Vitesse in the Dutch league, went very well. Won the league comfortably and scored plenty of goals with beautiful football.

View attachment 298511View attachment 298512View attachment 298513View attachment 298514View attachment 298515View attachment 298516

Im now testing with Spurs in the Prem and going pretty well considering the team still getting used to the new system.

View attachment 298519View attachment 298520View attachment 298521

Regarding players im not going to give a list of who to buy this time, just buy the best players you can, you should all know what attributes make a good defender, striker etc.

WHAT I DID DURING TEST:

Teamtalks,

PRE MATCH: ASK ASSISTANT

HALF TIME IF LOSING: AGGRESSIVE TALK

HALF TIME IF DRAWING: ASSERTIVE "I EXPECT BETTER SHOWING IN 2ND HALF"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 1 GOAL "DON'T GET COMPLACENT"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 2 GOALS "YOU've PLAYED WELL BUT YOU're CAPABLE OF BETTER"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 3 GOALS OR MORE "YOU've BUILT A SOLID LEAD BUT THINGS CAN CHANGE, KEEP YOUR PERFORMACE LEVELS UP"

FULL TIME WIN OR GOOD DRAW: PRAISE

FULL TIME DEFEAT OR POOR DRAW: AGGRESSIVE TALK

Shouts, None.

Pitch, small

Opposition Instructions, none.

Plug & Play, never changed anything home or away.

Training: Balanced and Tactics only like shown in this screenshot:

View attachment 298523

Past Experience Automatic, note that if you pick something lower like sunday league footballer the game will be harder as players have less respect for you.

This tactic won't guarantee you a win every week but hopefully you will have success at whatever level you're playing at. Good luck.

​DOWNLOAD

Do you use individual talks ?

Finished my first season with Leeds on 109 points, Only lost one in the league all season, My away form was very strong in terms of freescoring games scoring 5 goals in 6 games all away from home including Southampton in the Capital One Cup, I thought the step up to the Premiership would be a big ask given my tiny budget of only 6.5m but it has gone amazing so far.

9 games into the second season, Top of the league with 8 wins and 1 draw, Beat Arsenal away 0-1 and Manchester United at home 5-2, That being said from 9 games the results have been tight, Of the 8 wins 5 have been 1-0, One finished 2-1, One finished 3-1 and ofcourse 5-2 over United, The draw was 2-2 so 6 goals conceeded from a newly promoted team is respectable and 5 cleansheets.

Considering my team is below par, Kenny (GK), White (LWB), Byram (RWB), Pearce (CB), Lees (CB), Austin (CM), Strasser (CM), Petrov (LM), Benayoun (RM), Paloschi (ST) and Kozak (ST), My whole defence is the same, My wingers are both in their 30's, My bench consists purely on loans and free signings but somehow its working out.

Only change i have made this season is changing one of the CM's role to BWM mainly due to me having no creative midfielders but 3 defensive midfielders and while its not as freescoring it does seem to have sured up my defence alot more, That is only away from home though at home its the same tactic, Although the freescoring could be down to my wingers and strikers all being new to the club and needing time to gel, The last two games were 3-1 and 5-2 so i'm hoping they have finally gelled.

Finished my first season with Leeds on 109 points, Only lost one in the league all season, My away form was very strong in terms of freescoring games scoring 5 goals in 6 games all away from home including Southampton in the Capital One Cup, I thought the step up to the Premiership would be a big ask given my tiny budget of only 6.5m but it has gone amazing so far.

9 games into the second season, Top of the league with 8 wins and 1 draw, Beat Arsenal away 0-1 and Manchester United at home 5-2, That being said from 9 games the results have been tight, Of the 8 wins 5 have been 1-0, One finished 2-1, One finished 3-1 and ofcourse 5-2 over United, The draw was 2-2 so 6 goals conceeded from a newly promoted team is respectable and 5 cleansheets.

Considering my team is below par, Kenny (GK), White (LWB), Byram (RWB), Pearce (CB), Lees (CB), Austin (CM), Strasser (CM), Petrov (LM), Benayoun (RM), Paloschi (ST) and Kozak (ST), My whole defence is the same, My wingers are both in their 30's, My bench consists purely on loans and free signings but somehow its working out.

Only change i have made this season is changing one of the CM's role to BWM mainly due to me having no creative midfielders but 3 defensive midfielders and while its not as freescoring it does seem to have sured up my defence alot more, That is only away from home though at home its the same tactic, Although the freescoring could be down to my wingers and strikers all being new to the club and needing time to gel, The last two games were 3-1 and 5-2 so i'm hoping they have finally gelled.

Amazing! Have you kept the BWM on support?

I played the BWM on support and when i got ahead (Away) if they pile on the pressure i stick him on defend, I play Austin as my BWM who is average but he is my most consistant player with a average of 7.80 rating, Doesnt win MoM awards but very consistant player, Just need a more attack minded or creative player alongside him to balance out what i lost switching him to BMW, Thats the plan but with my current lineup i dont have the best options creativity wise so i stick Strasser alongside him which gives me two solid defensive midfielders to break up the play.

Concede's far to many goals, I have the best defence in Italy with Juventus but I may as well have 4 Sunday league players when i use this tactic.

Concede's far to many goals, I have the best defence in Italy with Juventus but I may as well have 4 Sunday league players when i use this tactic.

Really? thanks for the heads up. That will save me a lot of money when buying defenders :)

Not sure what people expect from a tactic, You might have the best defenders in the world but i highly doubt those defenders started out at your club and if you expect new signings to walk into a new team, Gel with new players, Adjust to new tactics and maybe a new language and hit the floor running you're expecting too much, FM13 seems very different to FM12 you cant just sign a brand new team, Throw them together and demolish teams instantly, They actually have to adjust to the league, Tactics and new team which is better.

The tactic isnt perfect defence wise more so away from home which is why i switched one CM to BWM and it has helped, Now midway through January 9 points clear at the top of the premiership, Capital 1 cup final, FA Cup 5th round, All as a newly promoted team and unbeaten now in 51 games, Only 3 losses in 1 and a half seasons i would say the tactic is solid you just need to make minor changes to suit your team.

My defence has played a season and a half together now only changing due to injuries and suspensions and they are a solid unit, I just signed Boyata in January and he is now working his way into my team but i am introducing him slowly as a sub late on until he gels into the team.

The average rating for my keeper and 4 main defenders, Kenny 7.98, White 8.04, Lees 7.75, Pearce 7.80, Byram 7.99, The only players with higher ratings are another player from my championship team in Austin at 8.11 and Kozak my main striker with 8.21, It clearly pays to stick by your players and slowly introduce new players slowly rather than bringing in a Brazilian player, From Spain, To England and expecting to get a consistant performance right away, Give the team time to gel and adjust to the tactic and it is solid with a few minor tweaks.

In my first 9 games my average goals per game was 1.04 because my wingers and strikers had'nt gelled at all, Now my average goals per game is 2.11 and my goals conceeded is still only 0.96, A newly promoted team with championship quality defenders and keeper conceeding less than a goal a game in my eyes isnt a tactic that leaks too many goals.

Not sure what people expect from a tactic, You might have the best defenders in the world but i highly doubt those defenders started out at your club and if you expect new signings to walk into a new team, Gel with new players, Adjust to new tactics and maybe a new language and hit the floor running you're expecting too much, FM13 seems very different to FM12 you cant just sign a brand new team, Throw them together and demolish teams instantly, They actually have to adjust to the league, Tactics and new team which is better.

The tactic isnt perfect defence wise more so away from home which is why i switched one CM to BWM and it has helped, Now midway through January 9 points clear at the top of the premiership, Capital 1 cup final, FA Cup 5th round, All as a newly promoted team and unbeaten now in 51 games, Only 3 losses in 1 and a half seasons i would say the tactic is solid you just need to make minor changes to suit your team.

My defence has played a season and a half together now only changing due to injuries and suspensions and they are a solid unit, I just signed Boyata in January and he is now working his way into my team but i am introducing him slowly as a sub late on until he gels into the team.

The average rating for my keeper and 4 main defenders, Kenny 7.98, White 8.04, Lees 7.75, Pearce 7.80, Byram 7.99, The only players with higher ratings are another player from my championship team in Austin at 8.11 and Kozak my main striker with 8.21, It clearly pays to stick by your players and slowly introduce new players slowly rather than bringing in a Brazilian player, From Spain, To England and expecting to get a consistant performance right away, Give the team time to gel and adjust to the tactic and it is solid with a few minor tweaks.

In my first 9 games my average goals per game was 1.04 because my wingers and strikers had'nt gelled at all, Now my average goals per game is 2.11 and my goals conceeded is still only 0.96, A newly promoted team with championship quality defenders and keeper conceeding less than a goal a game in my eyes isnt a tactic that leaks too many goals.

It doesn't matter how good a tactic works you will always get moaners, people it doesn't work for and people who just say its **** or awful. All i can do is release it and state what i done, i can't play the game for people or make them follow my instructions. Many fiddle with the tactic and change it, don't bother reading the OP and ignore the instructions given, then when it doesn't work they wonder why. At the end of the day its a tactic designed to score goals, if people feel its letting too many in the solution is simple, don't use it. Use another or create your own, im not going to lose any sleep over it. It works for me very well and ultimately that's all i care about.

Anyway glad its working really well for you, your success has been amazing so far.

fantastic!

Total lifesaver! I was doing bad in the Spanish league with Valencia. But after I changed to your tactic I have won almost all my games, including 4-1 to real Madrid and 3-0 against Barcelona.

This tactic is simply amazing! Thank you!

Tactic has made me so angry and happy , heres why . Started a game with Newcastle , just finished the first season and our home form was superb..

Only lost one game all season and was top on home form. But away from home we only won 6 and ended up finishing 5th , which is still good I know . But the bit that really fustrates me is in the caital one cup , we beat Liverpool away , spurs away , chelsea away before unfairly losing to man utd 1-0 in the final.....The euro cup we WON against Barcelona 4-3 cisse with a 119th winner in extra time. Barcelona must of had a shocker in the champions league.

Just don't now why our premier away form was so bad . Oh well ill post some pics tomorrow.

And anyone using this tactic get Glen Whelan from Stoke at the start , either on loan or buy him ,he's transfer listed and he's a beast . Against Barce he was motm and all season was class...

Cheers for the tactic JP ill post some pics tomoz

Total lifesaver! I was doing bad in the Spanish league with Valencia. But after I changed to your tactic I have won almost all my games, including 4-1 to real Madrid and 3-0 against Barcelona.

This tactic is simply amazing! Thank you!

You're welcome! Great results too btw.

Tactic has made me so angry and happy , heres why . Started a game with Newcastle , just finished the first season and our home form was superb..

Only lost one game all season and was top on home form. But away from home we only won 6 and ended up finishing 5th , which is still good I know . But the bit that really fustrates me is in the caital one cup , we beat Liverpool away , spurs away , chelsea away before unfairly losing to man utd 1-0 in the final.....The euro cup we WON against Barcelona 4-3 cisse with a 119th winner in extra time. Barcelona must of had a shocker in the champions league.

Just don't now why our premier away form was so bad . Oh well ill post some pics tomorrow.

And anyone using this tactic get Glen Whelan from Stoke at the start , either on loan or buy him ,he's transfer listed and he's a beast . Against Barce he was motm and all season was class...

Cheers for the tactic JP ill post some pics tomoz

Ah that's football, if it was so predictable we wouldnt love it as much. Hopefully next season will be even more successful for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.