Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 302317View attachment 302318View attachment 302319View attachment 302320View attachment 302327

Results speak for itself. I using it for a while. When I was at Brighton I start with it and it helps me to fight for promotin. I start in Slovenia with Mura so maybe lenguage was guilty that theam doesn`t play so good. But no one expect from us to promote. Then I came to Newcastle. They was in Championship and I manage to promote them ( we where 1st). I doesn`t buy much just some young tallents for future. But team came familiar with formation and now we are fighting for europe (in our first season in premier division). So everyone who doesn`t belive in this tactic, PLEASE stay with it. I am also national manager of Poland, but there is hard for players to became familiar with formation and thats whay results are not so amazing, but anyway I bring them to European Championship. Once again CONGRATULATIONS from me JP and hope that there won`t be anymore updates or if will be I hope you will create another one which will be as great as this one is.

Last edited:
View attachment 302328Just finished season 2 with Birmingham city, I scored alot of goals but look how many i let in :mad:, Great attacking tactic but defensively my team are awful, Will see if i can get any decent defenders or this tactic just isnt right for me.

Hye Mr Woody, first I want to thank you for your work, plenty of amazing tactics since a long time. Sorry for my poor english/FM level, I'm a froggy, from France. ;) I have a particular question to ask you : I use your tactic since two years with Marseille, i had great results with it, but these (those?) last months my players became very undisciplined, a lot of yellow or red cards, even if the tactics settings about tackling and pressing are low. I don't understand, because all the players are concerned at every line, even if I choose players who suit to roles and positions. Any suggestion about this ? Thank you Sir.

By far the best tactic iv used in FM13.

I started a new game with Tottenham using this tactic and in the first season I won the Premier League, Europa League and Capital One Cup. Im winning with ease beating all the big teams both home and away (just beat Madrid 4-2 away and 5-1 at home in the CL). Great work JP thanks for the upload.

Firstly many thanks for this tactic as I was all for smashing my pc to bits in frustration at FM13! I spent hours on my own tactics and others just to see the same pub team getting pumped on a weekly basis, irrelevant of the level I selected (I usually manage lower league teams). With one last throw of the dice I found your tactic and went Brighton. I won the championship by a country mile and my strikers, Craig Mackail-Smith and Sven Schipplock (bought from Hoffenheim for the CF role) scored 66 goals between them!

I am now in the Prem and hovering around mid table (not too bad as had little money to spend) but my strikers are now properly guff! They have scored zero goals between them and are pityful. I thought they would be fine for the first season, bang in a few goals then maybe look to replace them. I am having to rely on loan strikers now. Has anyone got any tips on how to improve them tactically or otherwise or are there just some players who are not cut out for the Prem? Cheers.

Hi JP, just wondering if you would recommend tactics for smaller teams? Underdog tactics for the latest version? Thanks.

Hi JP, just wondering if you would recommend tactics for smaller teams? Underdog tactics for the latest version? Thanks.

This one is working well for me with Romford in the Isthmian Div 1 North. Predicted 9th and im top after 12 games and my team is absolute poo

Boreham Wood Npower Championship Update. Well in the I'm just outside the playoffs (7th or 8th) 34 games in having at one point been as high as 5th I think. The front 4 are just storming away. Finding it difficult to get any good run going but I am slowly strengthening the squad for a title challenge next season.

I struggle when I use your team talks a little. Aggressive which worked in the early game for me (Blue Square leagues) feels mostly ineffective. I have found after losing or drawing a calm, cautious or assertive "you can now go play without pressure" or "you've got nothing to lose" quite often rallies the team to a very effective performance. Also, "dont get complacent" talks quite often result in a poor second half performance. Again earlier leagues this did not feel so frequent. I have found encouraging the team and telling them "they could do better" more frequently keeps performance levels up.

I'm sure this all depends on:
1. Your coaching style and attributes throughout the game and am guessing it comes from my generally calm or cautious approach to teamtalks.
2. The personalities of the players on the pitch (many players perform better without pressure, when in a nothing to lose situation or when encouraged).

JP if you have a sec would appreciate your thoughts on this?

General Training I never noticed in your initial post until recently and had been using tactics and then once maxed cohesion to build harmony. I am now playing about with it as I feel with better players Balanced will certainly be more effective once tactics maxed and when team harmony is good.

Match training I have set to assistant who I notice often does set pieces and intend to soon take over this (on FM12 I only used Defensive and Attacking depending on opposition and ofc teamwork in midweek!). I don't understand why you use tactics only. How does this make a difference if your team are 100% attuned to your tactics already?

Boreham Wood Npower Championship Update. Well in the I'm just outside the playoffs (7th or 8th) 34 games in having at one point been as high as 5th I think. The front 4 are just storming away. Finding it difficult to get any good run going but I am slowly strengthening the squad for a title challenge next season.

I struggle when I use your team talks a little. Aggressive which worked in the early game for me (Blue Square leagues) feels mostly ineffective. I have found after losing or drawing a calm, cautious or assertive "you can now go play without pressure" or "you've got nothing to lose" quite often rallies the team to a very effective performance. Also, "dont get complacent" talks quite often result in a poor second half performance. Again earlier leagues this did not feel so frequent. I have found encouraging the team and telling them "they could do better" more frequently keeps performance levels up.

I'm sure this all depends on:
1. Your coaching style and attributes throughout the game and am guessing it comes from my generally calm or cautious approach to teamtalks.
2. The personalities of the players on the pitch (many players perform better without pressure, when in a nothing to lose situation or when encouraged).

JP if you have a sec would appreciate your thoughts on this?

General Training I never noticed in your initial post until recently and had been using tactics and then once maxed cohesion to build harmony. I am now playing about with it as I feel with better players Balanced will certainly be more effective once tactics maxed and when team harmony is good.

Match training I have set to assistant who I notice often does set pieces and intend to soon take over this (on FM12 I only used Defensive and Attacking depending on opposition and ofc teamwork in midweek!). I don't understand why you use tactics only. How does this make a difference if your team are 100% attuned to your tactics already?

The opening post is just what I did during my test. If you find something else that works better for you then by all means use that. I can only put what worked for me, I can't put what might work.

No, I only ever use my own tactics.

Hye Mr Woody, first I want to thank you for your work, plenty of amazing tactics since a long time. Sorry for my poor english/FM level, I'm a froggy, from France. ;) I have a particular question to ask you : I use your tactic since two years with Marseille, i had great results with it, but these (those?) last months my players became very undisciplined, a lot of yellow or red cards, even if the tactics settings about tackling and pressing are low. I don't understand, because all the players are concerned at every line, even if I choose players who suit to roles and positions. Any suggestion about this ? Thank you Sir.

Its usually more about how aggressive your players are. Make sure you discipline them and usually they will calm down.

View attachment 302328Just finished season 2 with Birmingham city, I scored alot of goals but look how many i let in :mad:, Great attacking tactic but defensively my team are awful, Will see if i can get any decent defenders or this tactic just isnt right for me.

It is your first season in the prem with a newly promoted team and it looks like you done well, but if you feel its not the tactic for you then there are plenty of others about.

I am an experienced football manager player and I have used your tactics before JPWoody but unfortunately this one for me just does not work. Your previous 4-4-2 on the old game had a lot better effect. Usually the 4-4-2 is very solid however constantly time and time again this tactic concedes goals. The defenders are far too pushed up and leaks goals constantly. I have tried this tactic with Fulham, Sunderland and Arsenal. None of which were at all successful in any manner. Hopefully future 4-4-2 tactics you do will be as good as the previous games! Keep up the good work but just think this one is too weak defensively. Maybe it works better for defensively strong teams but didn't work for me over quite a few saves.

Just because they haven't worked for you doesn't make them awful tactics. They have worked for plenty of other people.

Last edited:
I understand all that JP. I was only asking for discussion on why you use what you use and what you think of the alternatives. If you don't have time or just don't wish to elaborate or discuss then no problem. Once again, a good and fun tactic.

I understand all that JP. I was only asking for discussion on why you use what you use and what you think of the alternatives. If you don't have time or just don't wish to elaborate or discuss then no problem. Once again, a good and fun tactic.

It's not that. Im at work and on my phone so was just just quickly replying. Ive just found tactical training works best for me. Seems to be much more balanced. Teamtalks can be hit and miss really. Originally I just used the assistant for all of them and that worked ok too. Thanks for the detailed update though. Im sure if you keep improving your team you will climb the leagues. Good luck and keep me posted.

Unfotunately it hasn working good for me with ARSENAL. I have graat succes with OM, but not with Gunners.Is it possilbe to be some kind of problem with premierleague or just Arsenal(oh and also with AC milan, still no sccess)

Unfotunately it hasn working good for me with ARSENAL. I have graat succes with OM, but not with Gunners.Is it possilbe to be some kind of problem with premierleague or just Arsenal(oh and also with AC milan, still no sccess)

No glitch in the Premier. Got west ham into the champions league as runners up, won prem with spurs and in Italy won serie A with Inter. Some teams just take longer to get the tactics working than others.

Somehow due to poor form in 5th and 6th I made the playoffs and the final but lost 4-1 to Sunderland who in fairness have a much better team. I do have a few fantastic youngsters now though to build around for next seasons challenge. What is fantastic is the revenue from reaching the playoffs and final in the millions. For a club like Boreham Wood having had 4 successive promotions till now finances are tight and it's a great boost. The championship has proved a massive leg up and challenge compared to all the other leagues!

The tactics work so far so good for me, but only the Complete Forward isn't performing for me. I'm playing Giroud as that role. But the simple and solid 4-4-2 work for him though.

Hello JP,Apologize for my poor english, i'm from France.Congratulations for this tactics, i'm very fan of it and this is my results after 1 season with Toulouse in Ligue 1.Winner in Ligue 1 88 pt, winner in League Cup, semi final in French Cup.The 2nd season is most difficult because i lost Capoue who is a very good midfield with the tactic.So, I have one question :"What modifications do you make when you're loosing a match ?"Amitiés, Transistor.

JP - Started with Oldham Athletic first season got to play-offs but got beat, seconds season won the play-offs with more or less same players as first season, im now in championship and when i play away from home the Tactic seems to struggle. any ideas? please

Status
Not open for further replies.