JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers JP, heres my squad

View attachment 287021

When i beat Man City 9-1 I actually felt embarrassed for them lol

I'd be very interested to see your final league table at the end of the season mate, do you mind uploading it when you reach the end?

just beat fiorentina 6-0 away from home in champions league with this tactic...... after changing mentality to attacking
It seems to me like this tactic, changed to an attacking mentality is really doing the business for some people. I'm not surprised, JPs tactics are mostly always superb. I remember using his 442 last year with my crewe side and I really loved it, the interchange between the 2 strikers was amazing to watch.

I have gone back to fm12 because fm13 was seriously frustrating me. Hopefully, when I find my love for fm again by playing 12 I will come back to 13 and no doubt I will be using JPs 442 (should the me not have been patched by that stage that is)

Good work JP

Finished 8th with Swansea in my first season, just started the second season. Gonna experiment with the 'attacking' mentality with the matches I should be winning (wigan, newly promoted teams etc).

As i'm typing this, just playing ym first league game away to Derby (newly promoted). Changed to attacking mentality, comfortable 5-0 win :)

When you changiing to attacking do you leave defensive line "push up" and playing offside?

When you changiing to attacking do you leave defensive line "push up" and playing offside?

no

basically i start all the matches with the original tactic and change to attacking at about 5 minutes in.. seems to work alot better like this... maybe t confuses the ai

Hope this isn't a silly question but when we say change to attacking mentality do we mean change the tactic strategy to "Attacking"? Cheers guys

Hi JP tried your tactic twice didn't work then just tried it with my Leeds game sitting in 10th in Prem after winning Playoffs with a fairly poor side although Carroll on loan and McCormack are working very well with the CF and Poacher combo. Lost the last couple of games though any tips?

Hi JP tried your tactic twice didn't work then just tried it with my Leeds game sitting in 10th in Prem after winning Playoffs with a fairly poor side although Carroll on loan and McCormack are working very well with the CF and Poacher combo. Lost the last couple of games though any tips?

Just stick with it.

Hope this isn't a silly question but when we say change to attacking mentality do we mean change the tactic strategy to "Attacking"? Cheers guys

I should think so. Give this a try mate (JPs tactics are usually good anyway), I'm going to give Raikan's awesome amc a try and perhaps we can then compare results?

Btw its me, Jimmyrh94 from Si forums :)

Hello which player will be the best position on poacher? Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic or Lewandowski ? Im playing PSG

JP, Just a qucik Q...against big teams away from home do you do anything special i.e. strategy change, team talk, formation? At the moment this is the only sticking point to probably the best tactic i've tried on 13.1.3?

I love a good old simple 442...According to WWFAN on Si the TC is the way forward and ypu've done a cracking good so far!

Having you been tweaking the tactic since you released it?

View attachment 287101

Really Struggling whether to stick with this tactic or not now anyone had problems like this? Wondering whether to move CM to ACM and as I don't really have a full poacher change it to AF

View attachment 287101

Really Struggling whether to stick with this tactic or not now anyone had problems like this? Wondering whether to move CM to ACM and as I don't really have a full poacher change it to AF

I suggest changing nothing, buying a proper poacher instead of a AF.

Doesn't matter how good your tactic is, if you get in a slump and your players morale is rock bottom, it's hard to get out of it. Check your players morale, i'm guessing majority are poor/very poor? Hold team meetings saying things haven't been going your way but keep your heads up etc. Morale is key.

This isnt a tactic that exploits the match engine, you will lose games im afraid :S

Hello which player will be the best position on poacher? Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic or Lewandowski ? Im playing PSG

Lavezzi

View attachment 287101

You need to find a way of raising team morale, it must be rock bottom.

JP, Just a qucik Q...against big teams away from home do you do anything special i.e. strategy change, team talk, formation? At the moment this is the only sticking point to probably the best tactic i've tried on 13.1.3?

I love a good old simple 442...According to WWFAN on Si the TC is the way forward and ypu've done a cracking good so far!

Having you been tweaking the tactic since you released it?

Just follow the instructions given in the OP, no changes.

Last edited:
This isnt a tactic that exploits the match engine, you will lose games im afraid :S

Lavezzi

You need to find a way of raising team morale, it must be rock bottom.

Just follow the instructions given in the OP, no changes.

Yep I know and it's very poor at the moment just had a meeting to raise team morale but the problem is I think I'm going to struggle to stay up as the class of player is OK but a few injuries and I'm knackered as I have Championship and L1 players in reserve.

Yep I know and it's very poor at the moment just had a meeting to raise team morale but the problem is I think I'm going to struggle to stay up as the class of player is OK but a few injuries and I'm knackered as I have Championship and L1 players in reserve.

When you started the game what did you set your past experience as?

Things aren't going that well for me to, but I keep faith and staying up is the only target. With two games to go I'm four points clear of the regeltation zone.

I think it's important to start the season with this tactic. I see some great football, only I conceed to much and that is probably are morale issue.

For next season I contracted Mattia Destro on a free, so with Steven Fletcher my attack must be some stronger.

1. Does your past experience counts a lot a the start of a game?
2. Is it smart to play against weaker teams in pre season to gain some trust?

Things aren't going that well for me to, but I keep faith and staying up is the only target. With two games to go I'm four points clear of the regeltation zone.

I think it's important to start the season with this tactic. I see some great football, only I conceed to much and that is probably are morale issue.

For next season I contracted Mattia Destro on a free, so with Steven Fletcher my attack must be some stronger.

1. Does your past experience counts a lot a the start of a game?
2. Is it smart to play against weaker teams in pre season to gain some trust?

Past experience impacts how much respect your players will have for you which in turn will impact the effectiveness of your team talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back