JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, going to start a League 1 save with Notts County. Lets see how this tactic gets on with the lower league teams :)

@ MHC: Your post keeps me more dedicated to stick to this tactic.

I'm now on the start of the second season with Sunderland. The board wants a midtable finish, but there really no money to strengthen the squad. So I loaned a couple of players, who I hope can make the difference.

Enyeama (GK), Taiwo (DL), Shelvey (MCL), Tello (ML),Chamakh (CF) and Bentini (P) on loan.
Destro (P) free

I only want to get an extra central defender.

In pre season I play four matches against weaker teams in the hope to get more confidence.

Pitch size I still have to change, but the dimensions aren't asked yet. I hope this will come.

Thanks JP, I'll keep you posted.

I really hope it goes well for you, your loan signings should certainly help. Good Luck.
Keep us updated and keep going :D

The match training set as Tactics Only, but does it still help even if the tactics familiarity is max out?

Last edited:
The match training set as Tactics Only, but does it still help even if the tactics familiarity is max out?

The OP ive put what i did while testing, I'm not saying that's definitely the best way, its just what i did.

Quick update on my Swansea save:

After finishing 8th on my first season (not bad), I needed to strengthen my squad rather than sign 1 or 2 star players as unfortunately I made it into the Europa League (somehow). I thought this season can be used as a 'tester' season, just be happy with a top 8 finish again and then season 3 I can kick on with 1-2 big signings and make a push for the Champions League spots. Well... 28 games in i'm 4 points clear at the top. It's incredible. Atm I'm on track for about 85 points (halfway mark I was on 40 points and i've had a better second half of the season).

Very simple, yet impressive tactic. Gonna implement it into my Southampton save on my work PC (gonna be hard as i played 3-2-3-1-1!). Thanks again JP.

That's awesome, if you get time some screenshots would be great.

@ MHC: Your post keeps me more dedicated to stick to this tactic.

I'm now on the start of the second season with Sunderland. The board wants a midtable finish, but there really no money to strengthen the squad. So I loaned a couple of players, who I hope can make the difference.

Enyeama (GK), Taiwo (DL), Shelvey (MCL), Tello (ML),Chamakh (CF) and Bentini (P) on loan.
Destro (P) free

I only want to get an extra central defender.

In pre season I play four matches against weaker teams in the hope to get more confidence.

Pitch size I still have to change, but the dimensions aren't asked yet. I hope this will come.

Thanks JP, I'll keep you posted.

Good luck with it.

Do you keep the tactic on Standard or do you change to attacking? If the answer is yes, when do you do this?

Also, @JPWoody: Is the DLP (D) supposed to be the main playmaker? I know the greyed out box says its the MCR, but i know how fm sometimes confuses itself when selecting players into positions.

Yes MCR

Last edited:
Now I'm confused. In the OP I read that the MCL must have creativity, the MCR must have a good tackle. But if the MCR is the main playmaker, he must have creativity also or not?

Is it better to put Jonjo Shelvey on the left or right side?

331kvfb.jpg

Hey JP. Been using your tacs in my new Manutd save. Pretty amazing tac tbh, especially for Manutd.

I won the Premiership easily. Played 38, Won 32, Drawn 4, Lost 2 (Chelsea 1-0 first game of season. Sunderland 1-0 last game of season (super weak team)).

Here's my fixtures:
View attachment 287588View attachment 287589

I didn't take a screenshot of my final team goals/assists etc. So here's them near the end of the season:
View attachment 287590
RVP was injured soooo many times, got really annoying! I sold him next season :)

Here are my transfers (how on earth I got so many, i do not know ^.^):
View attachment 287591View attachment 287592

Can ask any questions too, if people have any

Now I'm confused. In the OP I read that the MCL must have creativity, the MCR must have a good tackle. But if the MCR is the main playmaker, he must have creativity also or not?

Is it better to put Jonjo Shelvey on the left or right side?

331kvfb.jpg

Depends if you have a better quality CM with better tackling or not.

Hey JP. Been using your tacs in my new Manutd save. Pretty amazing tac tbh, especially for Manutd.

I won the Premiership easily. Played 38, Won 32, Drawn 4, Lost 2 (Chelsea 1-0 first game of season. Sunderland 1-0 last game of season (super weak team)).

Here's my fixtures:
View attachment 287588View attachment 287589

I didn't take a screenshot of my final team goals/assists etc. So here's them near the end of the season:
View attachment 287590
RVP was injured soooo many times, got really annoying! I sold him next season :)

Here are my transfers (how on earth I got so many, i do not know ^.^):
View attachment 287591View attachment 287592

Can ask any questions too, if people have any

Excellent work, lots of clean sheets. Quite right about RVP. Injury prone players are super injury prone in this patch so much so that they aren't worth having in your squad no matter how good they are. My advice is scout every potential new signing and if they're injury prone don't touch them. Also ship out any injury prone players from your squad.

Last edited:
Hi woody when you go down to ten men, what changes you do?

Hey JP, just a brief update before my 2nd season starts...and as I was moaning about not being able to sign players. Here is my latest transfers and team screenshots.
View attachment 287644View attachment 287645
The postion I am mainly having trouble filling precisely is the complete forward role, I bought Aristeguieta as I thought I could mold him into that role...well I'm hopeful.
This season is all about avoiding relegation so I am expecting to lose a lot but I am hopeful of managing better than that.

Wish me luck :)

Oh and this is what my team looks like for Season 2 and probably forever :D

View attachment 287608

Interesting, I also considered playing Rooney in that DLP (S) position, but I wasn't sure if he would be any good :s Atleast that way I could play RVP in the support striker role and have hernandez in the poacher role.

Has anyone else had success doing this?

i changed it to attacking and left it like that all the time and i also make the match training attacking movement.

So you have it on Team Cohesion Average and Attacking Movement as Match Prep and your starting strategy in each match is Attacking instead of Standard in every match you play?

Quick Update JP.......So i took on a huge challenge in managing a side called shelbourne from the republic of ireland .....just finished 3rd season last night and won their top flight division plus fa & league cups....below average stats on all their players and they have zero cash...so all in all an EXCELLENT tactic :) I cant wait to try it out with a decent team now :)

Hello everyone.

First of all I would like to say that I am big fun of FM and I am playing this game for 16 years :>

Another thing is that I love JP's tactics.

Tactics looks very nice and works very well but I have two position on field that are not relly doing well - LMC (that attacking one) and RFC (complete forward). I changed about 4-5 very good players on that possition and they always end sezon at rating below 7. RFC is not scoring goals and LMC do not score it two and do not have assist.

Acctuall my two LMC have statistic :
Passing 16 and 16
Creativy 15 and 15
Technic 16 and 13

Other statistic they have very high too.

Also I have two good RFC : Frederico Macheda from MU and Arkadiusz Milik.

Why they are playing so bad as other players have rating 7,5 + ?

This is the first downloaded tactic that actually keeps working for me. These are my results in my first season with Napoli.

View attachment 287866

I had a very good start, i won and lost some during the middle of the season and i lost quite a few matches at the end of the season. I lost in the quarterfinals of the Euro Cup and was the losing finalist in the Coppa Italia. All in all it was a good season.

Hello everyone.

First of all I would like to say that I am big fun of FM and I am playing this game for 16 years :>

Another thing is that I love JP's tactics.

Tactics looks very nice and works very well but I have two position on field that are not relly doing well - LMC (that attacking one) and RFC (complete forward). I changed about 4-5 very good players on that possition and they always end sezon at rating below 7. RFC is not scoring goals and LMC do not score it two and do not have assist.

Acctuall my two LMC have statistic :
Passing 16 and 16
Creativy 15 and 15
Technic 16 and 13

Other statistic they have very high too.

Also I have two good RFC : Frederico Macheda from MU and Arkadiusz Milik.

Why they are playing so bad as other players have rating 7,5 + ?

The complete forward isn't going to score loads, his job is to hold the ball up and bring others into play like the poacher, this is why he needs to be strong with good heading. Many reasons why they aren't playing well. They might not be settled, language issues, they might not be able raise themselves to play for you, they might still be getting used to the style of play etc.

hı jp woody,you're tactıc ıs good, I am trıed 20 matches and took good results,but my 3 strıkers injured 3 months and lost cup and temper changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back