JP's simple & solid 442 & counter version (13.1.3)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 343
  • Views Views 122K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this tactic encourage a high/deep defensive line JP Woody?

I just think it was a case of going up with a squad and a budget that meant I was left with utter dross and struggled to compete when injuries set in. 10 points adrift with 10 games to go looks like I'm going down but I'll be back!

Hey I've read the OP it say the match preparation is tactics only. Did you use attacking movement and others?

Hello Woody ! I`m using it on my 4 season with OM and it is looking good for now, with OM also i have great success with your Germany Style Tactic form 2012,I win Legue 1 two time in a row and two time in a row i was knocked you from Chrampions league in quater finals by Barcelona and if wasnt their Neymar i think thath they should be the one to go behind :) SO thank you for tactics i have aways find them very good !

Another question...

What do you change when your with ten men after a red card.
Take one af the strikers off?

this tactic continues to amaze me, currently in my second season with man u (yea i know not that hard) and welbeck is just turning into a superstar, already 18 goals in 8 league games, 21 in 10 in all competitions!

Hey JP,

Just wanted to congratulate you on your latest tactic, I've been testing it out with Crystal Palace and I have had a really great season. Actually Guaranteed promotion with a few games in hand so it seems like a good time to post my results and a few screenshots.

Truthfully I have struggled with getting the right players as the starting budget was awful and my chairman seems to not want to give any cash injection...not even to sign one star player...but that's how it goes I can always hope for a takeover by someone super rich.

I didn't alter any aspect of your tactic..so here are some screen shots for you.

View attachment 287380View attachment 287381View attachment 287382View attachment 287383View attachment 287384View attachment 287385 Zaha has been my main goalscorer as you can see with an impressive count...I kind of wonder why is CA & PA is not better rated...

Advice

Ok to anyone who is struggling I really suggest you stick with it, I had some bad runs as you can see from the screenshots and also some unlucky things happened. It seems to be the nature of this years FM that micro management is really important, which can be tedious at times.

After more than two losses in a row I recommend a team meeting to try and get the morale of the squad up, this is often easier said than done.

Key things it seems for all tactics to work is Morale and other general squad micro management like talking to the players individually if there form drops, this really worked for me.

Hope that helps anyone who is struggling. (Even if it may seem obvious to some)

The tactic itself is very solid and user friendly, my squad was not the greatest and we were predicted for a mid-table finish so we did really well.

Thanks JP for the great work as always.

Kind regards,

-MHC-

Last edited:
Truthfully I have struggled with getting the right players as the starting budget was awful and my chairman seems to not want to give any cash injection...not even to sign one star player.

I know what you mean, used this with Port Vale and found it really frustrating. After a media prediction of 24th i managed a 6th place finish and unluckily lost the play off final. I lost more than half my squad in close season though because club so in debt and not a penny to replace any. The chairman then demands promotion for following season :O Needless to say sacked 22 games in languishing 9th. So yes frustrating when you know 4 or 5 new players would make all the difference.

Another question...

What do you change when your with ten men after a red card.
Take one af the strikers off?

Take the complete forward off.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, used this with Port Vale and found it really frustrating. After a media prediction of 24th i managed a 6th place finish and unluckily lost the play off final. I lost more than half my squad in close season though because club so in debt and not a penny to replace any. The chairman then demands promotion for following season :O Needless to say sacked 22 games in languishing 9th. So yes frustrating when you know 4 or 5 new players would make all the difference.

Take the complete forward off.

I really feel for you on that Port Vale save, unreal expectations by the chairman there though.
My main problem now that I'm in the Premiership is signing players. Chairman has given me a 9mil budget but player wage demands are off the chart, if I adjust the budget to say sign one player with a 30k wage demand I won't be able to reinforce my squad enough.

For example now, Zaha is moaning about wanting a new contract...he would like 35k a week..I offer 22k and he doesn't want that and my chairman bless his soul won't enhance my wagee budget...talk about a vicious circle lol.

Ah well, we'll see how it goes.

I think my second season is going to be one more of consolidation and avoiding the drop...but I expect to lose a lot.

this tactic continues to amaze me, currently in my second season with man u (yea i know not that hard) and welbeck is just turning into a superstar, already 18 goals in 8 league games, 21 in 10 in all competitions!

Do you keep the tactic on Standard or do you change to attacking? If the answer is yes, when do you do this?

Also, @JPWoody: Is the DLP (D) supposed to be the main playmaker? I know the greyed out box says its the MCR, but i know how fm sometimes confuses itself when selecting players into positions.

Last edited:
@ MHC: Your post keeps me more dedicated to stick to this tactic.

I'm now on the start of the second season with Sunderland. The board wants a midtable finish, but there really no money to strengthen the squad. So I loaned a couple of players, who I hope can make the difference.

Enyeama (GK), Taiwo (DL), Shelvey (MCL), Tello (ML),Chamakh (CF) and Bentini (P) on loan.
Destro (P) free

I only want to get an extra central defender.

In pre season I play four matches against weaker teams in the hope to get more confidence.

Pitch size I still have to change, but the dimensions aren't asked yet. I hope this will come.

Thanks JP, I'll keep you posted.

Do you keep the tactic on Standard or do you change to attacking? If the answer is yes, when do you do this?

Also, @JPWoody: Is the DLP (D) supposed to be the main playmaker? I know the greyed out box says its the MCR, but i know how fm sometimes confuses itself when selecting players into positions.

i changed it to attacking and left it like that all the time and i also make the match training attacking movement.

Quick update on my Swansea save:

After finishing 8th on my first season (not bad), I needed to strengthen my squad rather than sign 1 or 2 star players as unfortunately I made it into the Europa League (somehow). I thought this season can be used as a 'tester' season, just be happy with a top 8 finish again and then season 3 I can kick on with 1-2 big signings and make a push for the Champions League spots. Well... 28 games in i'm 4 points clear at the top. It's incredible. Atm I'm on track for about 85 points (halfway mark I was on 40 points and i've had a better second half of the season).

Very simple, yet impressive tactic. Gonna implement it into my Southampton save on my work PC (gonna be hard as i played 3-2-3-1-1!). Thanks again JP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back