Kidderminster United: The English La Masia

• Thread starter Thread starter UpTheVilla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 142
  • Views Views 29K
View attachment 26205

September Round Up

View attachment 26204
We suffer our first losses of the season coming in back to back to defeats to Sunderland and Derby. Despite us losing all of our homes games this month, we go unbeaten away from home with 2 wins and a draw.

View attachment 26203
We sit in the play off places at the end of September. If we are anywhere near here come the end of the season I will be very happy.

View attachment 26202
Kevin Dudley, as usual is having a brilliant season. 6 goals, 5 assists with an average rating of 7.46

We had some big blows with injuries this month; losing Samuel Adams for 3 months, Steadman for a month and Craig Taylor for a month.

View attachment 25571

October Round Up

View attachment 25570
Identical to last month, we finish with 7 points out of a possible 15 with 2 wins, 2 defeats and 1 draw. The pick of the bunch was a 3-2 away victory at Norwich City in which Kevin Dudley scored a 94th minute winner. We ended the month with a good point against league leaders Swansea.

View attachment 25569
We still sit in the play off places, 2 points clear of 7th placed Derby and 5 points off the automatic promotion places.

View attachment 25568
Craig Taylor returned from his injury with a goal against Norwich. Kevin Dudley as usual is our top performing player over the course of the season so far with 8 goals, 5 assists and an average rating of 7.41

View attachment 25461

November Round Up

View attachment 25460
We've carried on our fairly consistent run of results this season with no major dips in form and no crazy winning runs. 2 wins, 2 losses I'm satisfied.

View attachment 25459
We stay hanging onto a play off spot at the end of November. We are performing well above expectation.. Do I dare dream about playing Premier League football next season?

View attachment 25458
I feel as though we need an out and out striker to really start banging in the goals, I am currently rotating between Keren Tal and Craig Taylor but neither of them can seem to really get firing.

Welcome back mate, glad to see this story up and running again. Going really well in the league, some big BIG teams there as well. A solid striker could well be the difference!

View attachment 25417
December Round Up

View attachment 25416
2 wins and 2 losses in the league in December. We end the year with a great 3-0 victory over Norwich City in the FA Cup in which we played with our reserves and youth players.

View attachment 25412
We drop out of the play off places for the first time this season. Its nothing really to worry about though as the league is ridiculously tight, just 4 points separate Sunderland in the automatic promotion places and 9th place Nottingham Forest. It's all to play for in this league.

Also Exeter City have really surprised me in this save, climbing from League Two to the brink of the play off places for promotion to the Premier League.

View attachment 25411

Glad to see this story is back.
Are there any stadium requirements for the Premier League that have to be met if you gain promotion?

Glad to see this story is back.
Are there any stadium requirements for the Premier League that have to be met if you gain promotion?

I can't imagine we'll have any problem with our stadium, it's a 10,000 all seater due to be expanded to around 12,000 by the end of the season so it should be fine

View attachment 24939

January Round Up

View attachment 24937
Another month of mixed results as we enter the new year, 2 wins, 2 losses and 2 draws in the league.

View attachment 24936
We're still right in the mix to secure a play off place, I still can't believe how tight this league is. Automatic promotion is probably too much of an ask for us this season though.

View attachment 24935
Same old transfer window for me, offers coming in thick and fast for the likes of Tal, Taylor, Dudley, Adams, Steadman, Armstrong, Hoey, Bell and Mutombo.

I didn't negotiate any offers as none of the players are for sale. The board took it upon themselves to accept some of the offers but I battled back saying I would not be able to carry on doing my job if the player was sold.. Surprisingly this worked every time.

The biggest offer I received was £23 million for Kevin Dudley from West Brom. Other big offers included: £9 million for Craig Taylor from Spurs, £12 million for Keren Tal from Blackburn, £19 million for Nathan Steadman from Southampton, £13 million for George Armstrong from Arsenal, £7 million for Sebastian Bell from Manchester United, £8 milllion for Daniel Hoey from Derby.

As I said none of these offers are negotiated so I could rake in some serious cash if needed!

View attachment 24934
Another product of our academy makes us some nice profit as Adam Keane gets a Premier League move from Brentford to Newcastle for £14.75 million.

View attachment 24933
The only signing of the Janurary transfer window for us is 18 year old striker Þórir Jónsson who joins us on a free transfer from Icelandic club 'FH' he's currently playing at League Two level which is decent for an 18 year old player. Could be one for the future - Only if we can do something about his awful finishing..

View attachment 24932
Our wage bill is the lowest in the league as a result of using our home grown players, long may it continue!

Last edited:
View attachment 24857

February Round Up

View attachment 24856
Our best month in the league so far this season. We started the month with arguably our best performance since the start of this save with an away 4-0 win over automatic promotion candidates Sunderland, we continued this into the next game thrashing Bristol City 5-1. Sunderland went on to lose every single game this month..

2 Losses vs Leeds in the FA Cup and league was a bit of a disappointment, but we ended the month really well with a great 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest.

View attachment 24855 We climb back into the play off places after a few very good results. If we play how we played against Sunderland, Bristol City and Notts Forest we should fear nobody in this league.

View attachment 24854
Samuel Adams and Kevin Dudley have been on fire this season.​

View attachment 24794

March Round Up/Youth Intake

View attachment 24793
Reading - A very dull start to the month as we draw to Reading 0-0, not even one clear cut chance in the whole game..

Norwich - It's becoming a reoccurring theme that we are absolutely dominating games in terms of possession and shots but getting no result. Very frustrating match.

Fulham - Keren Tal with 2 goals put us 2-1 up going into half time. Another dominated game bottled with a 82nd minute winner for Fulham.

Swansea - Playing away to second in the league was never going to be an easy game. Keren Tal grabbed a goal, with Kevin Dudley missing a penalty.

Our hardest month so far, this might just have ruined our hopes of reaching the play offs.

View attachment 24792
5 points off the play offs with 7 games to play. It's possible, but its going to be a big ask.

View attachment 24787
I honestly believe we are only a 15/20 goal a season striker away from being a real force in this league. We are dominating teams, creating so many chances but we just don't have that cutting edge. In the summer I may be looking to sign a proven striker until Craig Taylor really develops into a top player.

View attachment 24791

View attachment 24790
A fairly standard youth intake for us on the whole, but I think I might have just found the best player yet..

View attachment 24789
Sebastian Noble - Our first ever Argentine, this kid looks like a serious player. Already playing at a League One standard at the age of 16, this guy looks like he has the potential to become something special.

View attachment 24788
Our scouting range has now been upgraded so that we can scout any player in the world!

Last edited:
It did concern me a bit, but I do play with a sweeper keeper.. Hopefully it will work in my favour eventually

View attachment 24737

April Round Up

View attachment 24736
Bristol Rovers - A solid performance from the team. Kevin Dudley and Dwight McNeil our two goal scorers. Never gave Rovers a look in all game. Unfortunately though Samuel Adams got injured putting him out of action for a month.

West Brom - What. A. Performance. I went into this game thinking we were in for a really tough time with a lot of players not fully match fit and injured. A man of the match performance from Craig Taylor with 2 assists and 1 goal inspired the win. Keren Tal opened the scoring with a 1 on 1, James Garner then hit a thunderbolt on 30 minutes from about 30 yards out, Craig Taylor grabbed his goal in the 73rd minute and substitute Dwight McNeil scored 2 goals in stoppage time to make it a real thrashing.

Preston - Routine win against bottom of the league Preston North End. Keren Tal and Kevin Dudley with the goals.

Ipswich - The run of wins continued against Ipswich. I was very concerned entering this game, we had 1 day of recovery since the Preston game and we were down to bare bones. Keren Tal yet again steps up and grabs us the winner in the 84th minute.

Cardiff - Another very convincing win. We had 20 shots compared to Cardiff's 0.. Kevin Dudley grabbed the only goal just before the break.

Sheffield United - Our great winning run comes to an end. Goals from Tal, Taylor and Dudley weren't enough as Sheffield United scored 4. Results elsewhere mean we have pretty much secured a play off place!! A far superior goal difference and 3 points clear of Sunderland with 1 game to play means that we are in the lottery to go up to the Premier league!

Portsmouth - Our play off spot is mathematically secured as we draw to Pompey. Portsmouth scrapped a draw with 10 men after scoring a 92nd minute equaliser. Our two goals came from Dudley and Garner.

View attachment 24735
What a first season in the Championship! What ever happens in the play offs I really won't be too bothered as I am so happy with how well we have done in this first season, I did not expect to make the play offs.

Fulham and Palace go up automatically to the Premier League, with Cardiff, Ipswich and Preston getting relegated.

View attachment 24734
One player who deserves a lot of praise this month is centre back Geoff Irish. With George Armstrong not able to play in a lot of games this month Geoff irish stepped up after being pretty much a reserve player for the last 4/5 seasons and was absolutely vital in our winning run to get ourselves into the play offs with about 3 or 4 man of the match performances, we only finally lost when I took him out of the team!​

Last edited:
View attachment 24701

The Play Offs

View attachment 24700
So it is Sheffield Wednesday that we will play over two legs in the chance to make it to the most expensive game in world football; The Championship Play Off Final.

View attachment 24699
Just not good enough. We had a good amount of the ball but just could not create any chances, to concede such a late goal to trail going into the second leg is really annoying.

View attachment 24698
THERE IT IS!!! We are in the Championship Play Off Final!! After a hard fought game and another late goal from Sheffield Wednesday I thought it was all going to go against us, but a Ben Close screamer and two goals from Craig Taylor and George Armstrong ensured that we saw the game out.

View attachment 24697
Well here it is, the biggest game in the history of the club. I genuinley don't know how we've managed to get on the brink of a 5th succesive promotion, but I'm not complaining!

View attachment 24696
0:00 - We get the game started, West Brom are very slight favourites going into the game

|
\/

View attachment 24695
15:00 - GOALLLLL FOR KIDDERMINSTER UNITED Samuel Adams puts us 1-0 up at Wembley with a brilliant finish into the bottom right corner!!

|
\/

View attachment 24694
17:00 - GOALLL FOR KIDDERMINSTER UNITED just 2 minutes after Samuel Adams has put us 1-0 up, we make it 2-0!! Herman Maragh with a stunning free kick. We now have a 2 goal cushion!

|
\/

View attachment 24693
25:00 - Chance for West Brom. Leko 1 on 1 with the keeper somehow manages to miss the target, it should be 2-1.

|
\/

View attachment 24692
40:00 - Goal for West Brom. Nothing we can do about that. Sam McQueen scores an absolute screamer from well outside the box. Game on.

|
\/

HALF TIME - We enter half time 2-1 up. We are just 45 minutes away from potentially playing Premier League football next season.

|
\/

View attachment 24691
56:00 - PENALTY MISSED FOR KIDDERMINSTER UNITED Kevin Dudley steps up after a harsh penalty is given by the referee. Great save by the keeper. Still 2-1.

|
\/

View attachment 24690
60:00 - Goal for West Brom. It's finally come, I knew after missing that penalty that Albion would find a way back into the game.

|
\/

View attachment 24689
90:00 +5 - The 90 minutes is over, we've surrendered a two goal lead in what has been a very open game.

|
\/

View attachment 24688
96:00 - GOALLL FOR KIDDERMINSTER UNITED Matthew Virtue has put us ahead in added time!!!! Can we hold on for the remaining 24 minutes???

|
\/
FULL TIME! WE ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!

View attachment 24687
We managed to hold on and we have reached the top flight!! What a season!

View attachment 24686

View attachment 24685

End of season round up to follow!

Congrats on another promotion mate! Defo need to get a striker in now. How many will you be looking to bring in for the new season?

What an amazing season. Congrats on the promotion. 5 in a row - that's quite something.

Congrats on another promotion mate! Defo need to get a striker in now. How many will you be looking to bring in for the new season?

Thank you mate! I'm unsure whether I'm going to opt for a proven experienced striker for 1 season or invest big in a young one for the future..

A few months ago I arranged transfers for two players to join us in the summer (you will see these soon) but they were signed in anticipation for another season in the Championship.. I have quite a few targets I have been scouting and the fact we are now in the Premier League will now boost our chances of landing them, it's gonna be a long summer.

What an amazing season. Congrats on the promotion. 5 in a row - that's quite something.

Thanks mate! Can't really believe it to be honest. I've done many saves like this before and it's always taken me around 10 seasons to actually get to the Premier League, I don't know if FM is easier this year or I'm just really lucky lol

Back