Kidderminster United: The English La Masia

Good job Dudley didn't get his wish and leave all those transfer windows ago eh! Top of the table is a lot closer than previous seasons, new experience for you :p

I completely forgot about that! To think I was actually happy to let him go for like 200k.. Thank god for that injury..

Just read this story from the start, absolutely brilliant.
Hope you can keep up the good form for the remainder of the League 1 season.

View attachment 29947

November Round Up

View attachment 29946
3 games in the league and 3 games in the cup competitions for us this month, we pass through to the FA Cup 3rd round after beating both Walsall and Bolton, and we get beaten in the Checkatrade Trophy by Forest green Rovers. We continue our great unbeaten run in the league with 1 win and 2 draws.

View attachment 29945
We sit just outside the automatic promotion places on goal difference, at this stage of the season it looks like we can mount a serious challenge for a top 2 finish.

View attachment 29944
Jerome Sinclair has come back into the team this month and performed very well.. He then got injured and sidelined for 4 months, typical..

View attachment 29943

December Round Up

View attachment 29942
4 wins out of 6 in our final games before we enter the new year. We end the month with a 2-1 loss to promotion rivals Barnsley, this also ends our long unbeaten run in the league.

View attachment 29941
We sit in second place, 5 points clear of third placed Exeter City.

View attachment 29940
If you look at the top of the player ratings you will see a forgotten man.. Herman Maragh bursts back onto the scene in December with an average rating of 7.57

This is a player who at the start of the season I dropped into the U23s as I felt he was no where near good enough for the first team.. I check back on him just a few months later and I cannot believe how much he has developed playing for our youth side, he is now an accomplished roaming playmaker and a good player for a League One side. He feels like a new signing!

View attachment 29932

This is really an interesting prospect! Can you tell me the settings you put together in the editor in regards to club details to get this to work? I would love to try this in the Scottish Leagues and work my way up that way as the scottish PA's are generally much lower than the English.

Keep up the good work, I love this save!

This is really an interesting prospect! Can you tell me the settings you put together in the editor in regards to club details to get this to work? I would love to try this in the Scottish Leagues and work my way up that way as the scottish PA's are generally much lower than the English.

Keep up the good work, I love this save!

Thank you! In regards to how I set up the club - I duplicated a normal non league club and then customised all the details how I wanted them (names, logos, stadium etc) and then I set the youth recruitment and youth coaching to the highest level. If you have a look around on YouTube there are loads of videos that will help you out with this.

View attachment 29774

January Round Up

View attachment 29773
We draw Manchester United in the fourth round of the FA Cup! This will be the biggest game in the clubs history..

View attachment 29770
Ok, never mind.

I was actually stupid enough to think we had a chance when Nick Cooper got sent off for United 9 minutes into the match.. They really put us to the sword, but on the bright side the gate receipts from our FA Cup run totalled over £2 million!

View attachment 29764
We started the month with a 2-2 draw to Championship side Swansea City, we went on to beat them in the replay to set up the tie with Man United.

We had yet another brilliant month in the league winning 4 out of our 5 matches. Our only loss coming as a shock 3-0 result away to Mansfield Town.

View attachment 29763
We sit top of the table at the end of the month, 10 points clear in the automatic promotion places. It's looking more and more likely we will be playing Championship football next season! 4 consecutive promotions would just be mental..

View attachment 29762
So far throughout this save I haven't really had any major tactical input other than picking the starting XI and setting their roles due to how well the team seems to perform. As crazy as it might sound I'm really wanting this team to be tested more.

View attachment 29761
Striker Martin Holden departs to join Southampton for £6 million. I had big hopes for Martin Holden, he was a decent player on paper but he never seemed to truly get into his stride, I have no idea how I've managed to get £6 million for him..

View attachment 29760Just the two transfers in January, Holden leaves and we bring in 19 year old Serbian sweeper keeper Dragan Markovic, making him our first ever overseas player.

Bids were coming in thick and fast for players such as Steadman, Tal, Adams, Armstrong, Hoey etc. I even rejected a deadline day £17 million bid from Wolves for Steadman. I'm determined to keep as many home grown players as possible now and only sell if I have to.

View attachment 29759

View attachment 29758
After our big transfers out the past couple of years and our cup run, our finances are looking very, very healthy.
£19 million in the bank sees the long term running of our youth setup secured and will allow us to spend if needed if/when we are promoted to the Championship.

Last edited:
Big money earnt! how much did you make from just the united game alone?

Made £2m from Man Utd game:

"We draw Manchester United in the fourth round of the FA Cup! This will be the biggest game in the clubs history..

1186743d1542909063-kidderminster-united-english-la-masia-man-utd-loss.png

Ok, never mind.

I was actually stupid enough to think we had a chance when Nick Cooper got sent off for United 9 minutes into the match.. They really put us to the sword, but on the bright side the gate receipts from our FA Cup run totalled over £2 million!"

Big money earnt! how much did you make from just the united game alone?

I believe the United game alone made us around £1.8 million, the other games against Swansea etc made us around £500k - so all together well over £2 million

Last edited:
View attachment 29659
February Round Up

View attachment 29658
Our toughest month so far this season. We lose in the Checkatrade Trophy quarter final to Newport County. In the league we get 5 points out of a possible 12, with our only win of the month coming in a 4-1 victory away to MK Dons. In the last post I said I wanted to see the team tested a bit more.. I think I got my wish..

View attachment 29657
Despite a bit of a shaky month we still sit top of the league table, 1 point clear of second placed Peterborough United and 5 points clear of third placed Barnsley.

View attachment 29656
Our two wingers Kevin Dudley and Samuel Adams have been our stand out performers this season.

View attachment 29500

March Round Up/Youth Intake

View attachment 29499
A pretty average month for the team as we pick up 8 points out of a possible 15. Our only loss of the month coming as a 2-0 defeat away at Bradford City.

View attachment 29498
With just 6 games left to play in the league we sit 4 points clear in the automatic promotion places and 2 points clear of second placed Peterborough. Lets hope we can hit another good run of form and see through what would be another unbelievable season.

View attachment 29497
It's our favourite time of the year again.. Lets see who could possibly be our next future star.

View attachment 29496 There's one player that really stands out for me in this youth intake. Alex Hayes.

View attachment 29495
A player I'm very, very excited about developing, a complete wing-back that can also play centre midfield, left back and anywhere down the right. He looks like the most versatile player we have had come through the ranks so far and I'm definitely going to be looking to give him some first team minutes this season.

View attachment 29065
April Round Up

View attachment 29064
View attachment 29063
So it all comes down to the last game.. After spending the majority of the season in the top 2, our wobble in form towards the end of the season means that the race for promotion goes to the final day. Bristol Rovers sit 2 points behind us in second place with an inferior goal difference of -4 and third placed Barnsley sit 3 points behind us with a superior goal difference of +2.

View attachment 29062
There it is!! We have done it! Our 4th promotion on the bounce, going up as champions yet again, we will be playing Championship football next season. I honestly did not expect another promotion this season, let alone winning the title.

View attachment 29061View attachment 29060

End of season round up to follow..​

View attachment 29055

End of Season Round Up

View attachment 29054
Here is the final league table, Bristol Rovers and Exeter City will both join us in the Championship.

View attachment 29053
Our final player ratings, unbelievably Kevin Dudley was our top scorer with just 13 goals.. For a title winning team that seems very low.

View attachment 29052
View attachment 29051
As you can see Kevin Dudley truly is on another level. I will do anything to keep hold of this man.

View attachment 29050

Well there it is.. League One completed.. BRING ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Congrats mate! Unbelievable achievements so far! Super Dudley eh, the one who nearly got away, how much is he valued at now??

Congrats mate! Unbelievable achievements so far! Super Dudley eh, the one who nearly got away, how much is he valued at now??

His game value is something stupidly low like 500k, but considering I received an offer of £17m for Steadman I'd value him £15-20m +

View attachment 26460

2022/2023 Season Preview

View attachment 26459
So after a short break from FM, I've made it back to this save. Bring on the Championship!

View attachment 26458
A successful pre season as we brush aside every team we play.

View attachment 26457
We finally see the benefit of one of our sell on clauses as Muhammed Williams makes a move from Sheffield United to Leicester City, we get £5.25m straight into the bank.

View attachment 26456
A seriously torrid summer rejecting bids and transfer requests from our best players, but we managed to keep the core squad together.

I sold two long serving players in James Stewart and James Carrol to Liverpool and Northampton, not sure as to why Liverpool want a 26 year old League Two standard goalkeeper..

Demeaco Duhaney joins us on a free after spending the previous 2 seasons on loan with us. The majority of our signings are squad players to serve as back up to the first team which I am already very happy with.

View attachment 26453
One player that I will be slotting into the starting XI is James Garner who joins from Manchester United for £550k.

View attachment 26452
Another signing I am excited about is left back Fabio Barros, who we have brought in on loan from Portuguese side Maritimo. We have the option to sign Barros for 600k at the end of his loan. He looks like a decent prospect.

View attachment 26451
A mid table finish is expected of me this season, this should be achievable with the team that we have.

View attachment 26450
This is my strongest starting XI in my opinion.

I move young goalkeeper Sebastian Bell into the starting XI as our new number one. He has made great progress in the academy and has now got to a point where I feel comfortable starting him.

The usual front 3 of Tal, Dudley and Adams is still my first choice attack.

Herman Maragh, our main midfield man who has been attracting a lot of interest from the Premier League sits in the heart of midfield with new signing Garner and Virtue who joins on loan from Norwich.

Last seasons back 4 remains with Steadman, Hoey, Armstrong and Duhaney. I had multiple bids for Armstrong from the likes of Man United, Man City, Chelsea and Spurs throughout the summer.

Key players:

View attachment 26449View attachment 26448View attachment 26447View attachment 26446View attachment 26445View attachment 26444View attachment 26443View attachment 26442View attachment 26441

View attachment 26293

August Round Up

View attachment 26292
Our first month in the Championship is a successful one as we go unbeaten in the league with 3 wins and 2 draws. Unfortunately we go out of the League Cup losing 1-0 to MK Dons.

View attachment 26291 After a great start to life in the Championship we sit in second place on 14 points.

View attachment 26290
Samuel Adams has been by far our best player this month grabbing 3 goals and 5 assists. 17 year old striker Craig Taylor is our top scorer with 4 goals.

View attachment 26289
After selling out every league game so far this season the board have agreed to expand the stadium to a capacity of 12,231.​