Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
images

MARCH

A fantastic month as we knocked out Real Madrid in the Champions League, reached the final of the league cup and demolished Leiria 10-0!!!!!

The youth intake was average but towards the end of the month the Champions League draw happened and we got Spurs. Quite content!
View attachment 302272

---------------------------------------------------

Maritimo 0-3 FC Porto
Centurion, Vitor Hugo, Janvier

Janvier is a fantastic sub to have - he usually scores!

-----------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Real Madrid (0) 1-1 FC Porto (2)
Torres (pen)
(Agg: 1-3)

Through we go!!!!!!!! Real Madrid had an early goal disallowed but we got in at half-time 0-0. We took the lead on the hour mark and although they levelled late on we were never going to throw it away.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Academica 1-5 FC Porto
Torres 2, Alcami, Otamendi, Damari

Thats us qualified for next years Champions League already lol

FC Porto 10-0 Leiria
Mondragon 2, Torres, Damari 2, Centurion 2, Vitor Hugo, Joao Moutinho, David Luiz

5up at half-time for a change we didnt take our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half.

League Cup SF

Sporting Lisbon 3-4 FC Porto
Damari 4

We were 4-2 at half-time here as Omer Damari was ruthless as he scored 4 goals in 5 minutes!!!! They pulled one back late on but we held on.

-------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OMER DAMARI

images

View attachment 302278

images

APRIL

What a month this was! We played against some big names and largely came out on top as well as clinching the title and the league cup. It is hard to pick out a highlight - the thrashings of Benfica or Man Utd? The cup final victory? (Thrashing of Man Utd wins of course).

Although this is the easiest league I have been in it is by far and away the most enjoyable I have experienced. I rate this Porto side so highly I would say I am a world class striker away from being as good as any side I have had before.

---------------------------------------------------

Sporting Lisbon 0-3 FC Porto
Vitor Hugo, Torres, Centurion

3up at half-time as we cruised this game.

--------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
FC Porto 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Duarte, Torres, Vitor Hugo

A great win that should see us into the semis. Youngster Duarte got us off to a great start while we got 2 late goals to wrap it up.

---------------------------------------------------------

FC Porto 3-2 Vitoria Setubal
Centurion, Vilakazi, Damari

CHAMPIONS!!!!!! We took the lead in the first minute but found ourselves 2-1 down by the half hour mark which was a shock to the system!!!!!

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Tottenham Hotspur (0) 2-1 FC Porto (3)
Centurion
(Agg: 2-4)

We were without a few players and played one or two out of position so to lose was expected as long as we didnt get knocked out!

------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup Final

Benfica 1-3 FC Porto
Damari, Duarte 2

Another trophy to add to my CV. We were 1up and all was quiet until I threw on Duarte with 10min left. He scored, they pulled one back and he clinched it in stoppage time. Mondragon set up all 3 goals.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Taca de Portugal SF 2nd Leg

FC Porto (1) 6-1 Benfica (2)
Damari 3, Torres, David Luiz, Vitor Hugo
(Agg: 7-3)

We were 3up after 5min here as we produced a great performance to reach the final.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Braga 0-1 FC Porto
Paulinho

As has become the norm I rested my starting XI for this game due to the European tie in a few days time. Paulinho came off the bench and scored with his first touch.

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

FC Porto 6-2 Manchester United
Torres 2, Vitor Hugo, Vilakazi, Damari, Mondragon

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Torres put us ahead after 24 seconds and by the 5th minute we had doubled our lead. Substitute Vilakazi had us 3up at half-time but we quickly conceded 2 goals in the second half however we rallied superbly and surely have booked our place in the final!

FC Porto 4-0 Boavista
Damari, Torres, Centurion, Alcami

Boavista - who are 2nd from bottom - are the only side to have not lost against us in the league. We got revenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OSVALDO MONDRAGON

View attachment 302321

View attachment 302326

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!! We did it thanks to my youngster Duarte. My only disappointment was that my goalie Ortiz got injured beforehand and missed the final.

We also won the Portuguese cup despite being without all of our players who got called up for the World Cup (how Vitor Hugo didnt get a call up is beyond me!)

I must admit I do not want to leave this side - I have arranged to sign another beast of a regen and think we have an amazing squad - there is a downside to this challenge!

---------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg

Manchester United (2) 2-3 FC Porto (6]
Verratti, Torres, Vitor Hugo
(Agg: 4-9)

They had double the amount of shots on goal that we had but we were ruthless and came from 2-1 down to win.

--------------------------------------------------

Nacional de Madeira 0-3 FC Porto
Vilakazi, Ndlovu, Mondragon

-------------------------------------------------------

Rio Ave 0-1 FC Porto
Vilakazi

UEFA Champions League Final

FC Porto 2-1 Juventus
Centurion, Duarte

GET IN!!!!!!!! We were excellent here and shouldve won by more. Although Fierro put them ahead early on we got a deserved equaliser through Centurion. On the hour mark I replaced Damari with 18y/o Duarte who promptly scored with his first touch only to see it disallowed.

Juve then had a goal disallowed themselves but Duarte popped up late on to win us the cup.

Line Up: Ventura, Danilo (Samuel), Alcami, Otamendi, Alex Sandro, Joao Moutinho (Verratti), Mondragon, Vitor Hugo, Torres, Centurion, Damari (Duarte)

Taca de Portugal Final

FC Porto 3-1 Sporting Lisbon
Duarte, Pepe 2

Yay!!!!! This was Pepe's last game as a footballer so it was a dream game for him.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
OSVALDO MONDRAGON

View attachment 302341

SQUAD
View attachment 302342

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 302343

OTHER MAJOR TABLES
View attachment 302344
View attachment 302345View attachment 302346View attachment 302347View attachment 302348

TEAM OF MY CAREER SO FAR
(will do one at the end of each season)

Stefanowicz, Bell, Lahm and Khedira leave - in comes Alcami, Mondragon, Alex Sandro and Vitor Hugo
[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table"]
[TR]
[TD]
GK
[/TD]
[TD]
Manuel Neuer
[/TD]
[TD]
Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DR
[/TD]
[TD]
Fulvio Damiani
[/TD]
[TD]
Inter Milan/Barcelona/Man Utd
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DC
[/TD]
[TD]
Favio Alcami
[/TD]
[TD]
FC Porto
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DC
[/TD]
[TD]
Kurt Zouma
[/TD]
[TD]
Barcelona
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DL
[/TD]
[TD]
Alex Sandro
[/TD]
[TD]
FC Porto
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
MC
[/TD]
[TD]
Toni Kroos
[/TD]
[TD]
Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
MC
[/TD]
[TD]
Osvaldo Mondragon
[/TD]
[TD]
FC Porto
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
AMR
[/TD]
[TD]
Vitor Hugo
[/TD]
[TD]
FC Porto
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
AML
[/TD]
[TD]
Alejandro Gomez
[/TD]
[TD]
Borussia Dortmund
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
AMC
[/TD]
[TD]
Lionel Messi
[/TD]
[TD]
Barcelona
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
ST
[/TD]
[TD]
Falcao
[/TD]
[TD]
Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Honourable mentions - Lahm (Bayern), Muniain (Barcelona), Stefanowicz, Bell (Dortmund), Centurion, Torres, Otamendi, Danilo, Ortiz (Porto), Neymar, Higuain, Khedira (Real Madrid)

Last edited:
Soon you will have start putting down your subs bench for your team of career, or atleast add in honorable mentions.

Is starting get ridiculous you winning all these CL in a row now although some other manager should have a chance next year as looks like only Juve (and Porto) are gonna be in it, also allow some other poor souls try catch up with you a lil bit lol

images

SCOTLAND

Pre-World Cup Friendlies and Squad Announcement

Scotland 3-2 South Korea
Hanley, Rhodes 2

Chile 1-2 Scotland
Rhodes 2

Scotland 4-0 Egypt
Adam (pen), Wilson, Stewart 2

A nice final game before the World Cup!

------------------------------------------------------------

SQUAD

Goalkeepers
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]NAME[/TD]
[TD]CLUB[/TD]
[TD]CAPS[/TD]
[TD]GOALS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cammy Bell[/TD]
[TD]Dundee United[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jack Hamilton[/TD]
[TD]Kilmarnock[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]David Marshall[/TD]
[TD]Cardiff City[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Defenders
[TR]
[TD]Paul Caddis[/TD]
[TD]Derby County[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Grant Hanley[/TD]
[TD]Newcastle United[/TD]
[TD]53[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stephen Hendrie[/TD]
[TD]Aston Villa[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kevin MacKinnon[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Russell Martin[/TD]
[TD]Norwich City[/TD]
[TD]61[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lee Wallace[/TD]
[TD]Rangers[/TD]
[TD]62[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Murray Wallace[/TD]
[TD]West Bromwich Albion[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Danny Wilson[/TD]
[TD]Everton[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Midfielders
[TR]
[TD]Charlie Adam[/TD]
[TD]Stoke City[/TD]
[TD]70[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tom Cairney[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]31[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Peter Dalglish[/TD]
[TD]Sunderland[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jason Holt[/TD]
[TD]Leeds United[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gary Mackay-Steven[/TD]
[TD]Celtic[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dylan McGeouch[/TD]
[TD]Everton[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scott Robinson[/TD]
[TD]Middlesbrough[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cameron Stewart[/TD]
[TD]West Ham United[/TD]
[TD]32[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Forwards
[TR]
[TD]Stephen Easton[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Steven Fletcher[/TD]
[TD]Sunderland[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jordan Rhodes[/TD]
[TD]Blackburn Rovers[/TD]
[TD]57[/TD]
[TD]45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Johnny Russell[/TD]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

make a separate save after u leave porto, would like to see you take the club further with some of them regens!!

images

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup 2018

Group F

Japan 3-6 Scotland
Stewart, Wilson, Rhodes, Easton 2, McGeouch

Line-Up - Marshall, Martin, Hanley (MacKinnon), Wilson, L.Wallace, Cairney (Dalglish), Adam, Stewart*, McGeouch, Mackay-Steven (Easton), Rhodes

A great start to the tournament as we go goal crazy. We were 3up and they got it back to 3-2 at one point but after that we stepped up a gear.

Morocco 2-2 Germany

----------------------------------------------------------

Scotland 3-0 Morocco
Rhodes 2, Easton

Line-Up - Marshall, Martin (Caddis), Hanley, Wilson, L.Wallace, Cairney, Adam (Robinson), Stewart (Mackay-Steven), McGeouch, Easton, Rhodes*

Another good win as we were more ruthless than Morocco. We went in at half-time 2up and this win means we are through to the next round.

Germany 2-1 Japan

------------------------------------------------------------------

Germany 2-0 Scotland

Line-Up
- Marshall, Martin, Hanley, Wilson, L.Wallace, Cairney, Adam (Dalglish), Stewart (Mackay-Steven), McGeouch, Easton, Rhodes (Fletcher)

Believe it or not we were much the better side but they took their chances on the breakaway. 2nd place it is then!

Morocco 3-1 Japan
View attachment 302455

images

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup

2nd Round

Tunisia 1-1 Scotland
McGeouch
(AET - Scotland win 2-0 on penalties)

Line-Up - Marshall, Martin, Hanley*, Wilson, L.Wallace, Cairney, Adam (Holt), Stewart(Russell), McGeouch, Easton, Rhodes (Fletcher)

We received a very kind draw however we struggled a bit. We fell behind on 22min but McGeouch levelled on 29 and then we pressed and pressed but couldnt break them down. Into extra-time my players were dead on their feet and I was praying for penalties which we duly got and Marshall saved all 4 Tunisian penalties!!!

England 1-2 Mexico
Belgium (P) 2-2 Chile
Russia
1-0 Brazil
Colombia
2-1 South Africa
Germany 3-0 USA
Argentina 2-0 France
Spain 4-0 Nigeria

France, Brazil and England going out? Could be just what you need! Except for Spain and Argentina :P

images

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup

Quarter-Finals

Scotland 3-3 Spain
Easton, Wilson, McGeouch
(AET - Spain won 3-1 on penalties)

Line-Up - Marshall, Martin, Hanley, Wilson, L.Wallace (Hendrie), Cairney, Adam (Robinson), Stewart, McGeouch, Easton, Rhodes (Fletcher)

AAGGHHHH!!!! Charlie Adam and Lee Wallace wont play under me again!!!! We fell behind in the 3rd min through Rodrigo but Easton levelled and then Adam missed a penalty. Rodrigo struck again and we went in at half-time 1-2. Lee Wallace had a rating of 3.2 so I took him off and somehow we went 3-2 up however Pedro levelled late on.

Into extra-time we went and when Javi Martinez got sent-off I thought we would nick it but my players fitness levels were so low. It went to penalties and although Marshall saved their first one we could only put 1 past Casillas - GUTTED!!!!!

Belgium 1-2 Russia
Mexico 5-2 Colombia
Germany 4-0 Argentina

Semi-Finals

Mexico 4-3 Spain
Russia (P) 0-0 Germany

3rd Place Play-off
Germany 1-2 Spain

Final
Mexico 0-1 Russia

In the end of tournament awards Stephen Easton won the best young player award while Erick Torres won the best player award. Easton, Danny Wilson, Torres and Osvaldo Mondragon were in the team of the tournament.

So many international jobs available - will stay put with Scotland though

images

PRE-SEASON

Still at Porto!!!! Somehow despite the jobs of France, Italy, Argentina and Brazil becoming available none of my future destinations became available! I thought at least Conte would leave Juve for Italy.

Anywho I am not disappointed and may be a bit more selective to where I will go next.

PLAYERS IN

Two major signings so far. Anibal Benitez has come in from River Plate for £17m and will lead the line up front. He rejected Bayern Munich to come here and he will rip the Portuguese league apart. I also brought in young Italian CB Gianmarco Moretti from Fiorentina on a free transfer. I have had my eye on him since he came in the very first youth intake and am delighted to get him.
View attachment 302492View attachment 302493

I also brought in Abel Yuste on loan from Bayern Munich. I actually signed Yuste when I was there as a leaving present. Stuart Taylor came in from West Ham on a free also.
View attachment 302495View attachment 302496

PLAYERS OUT
Firstly I decided to dell Omer Damari and he went to Arsenal for £23.5m. He did a job for me but Benitez is definately an upgrade! I also sold Alberto Foglia to Fiorentina for £7m while Pepe retired and Paulinho, Samuel and Janvier returned to their clubs after their loan spells. Finally I loaned out Ndlovu to Inter Milan.

SUMMARY

Not too many changes but I have made my side stronger. I will train Otamendi up to be a RB so he can cover there but my starting XI will be - Ortiz, Danilo, Moretti, Alcami, Alex Sandro, Joao Moutinho, Mondragon, Vitor Hugo, Torres, Centurion, Benitez

Still got August to go and no doubt there will be more transfers!

My favourite RB Damiani has signed for Man City for £34.5m - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

images

AUGUST

A very busy month as we splashed the cash and won a few trophies to boot! Firstly on the pitch we won the Supertaca by beating Sporting Lisbon and we also won the Euopean Super Cup against Roma. In the Champions League we are in a group alongside Atletico Madrid, Dynamo Kiev and FC Twente.

Transfer wise leaving the club was Marco Verratti (Juventus - £15.25m), Vilakazi (Southampton - £16.25m), Adrien (Braga - £1.4m), Diarra (Chelsea - £13.25m) and Stuart Taylor to Sunderland on loan.

As for players in I decided to bring in the top Portuguese prospects. Hugo Mendonca (£12.75m) and Vitor Villas-Boas (£17m) both came in from Braga while Flavio Graca (£12m) came in from Maritimo. I also brought back Hugo Sousa to the club from Norwich for £3.1m as he was trained up at Porto and finally I brought in Brazilian RW Dionisio from Sao Paulo for a bargain £5m.

View attachment 302554View attachment 302557View attachment 302556View attachment 302555

I probably overpaid for a few of these players but I felt I really needed to add some more quality Portuguese players to the ranks. In the end over the summer I spent £67m and raked in £77m.

----------------------------------------------------

Supertaca

FC Porto 2-0 Sporting Lisbon
Torres 2

Another trophy - another easy win!

Vitoria Guimaraes 1-4 FC Porto
Centurion, Benitez, Joao Moutinho, Mendonca

A decent start to the league campaign as Mendonca came off the bench to score on his debut - Benitez missed a penalty though.

----------------------------------------------------------

FC Porto 4-3 Aves
Vitor Hugo, Benitez, Centurion 2

We should have scored 7 or 8 here but was sloppy at both ends. We were 3-1 up with 5min left but got pegged back and had to rely on Centurion's stoppage time winner to claim the points.

UEFA European Super Cup

FC Porto 4-1 Roma
Torres, Centurion, Dionisio 2

A fantastic way to win a trophy as we thrash the Italian champions. Dionisio came off the bench to make his debut and was amazing!!!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RICARDO CENTURION

images

images

haggis, neeps and tatties = disgusting

SCOTLAND

Friendly

Scotland 3-1 Cyprus
McGeouch 2, Hanley

We had nearly 40 attempts on goal so should have won by more. Lee Wallace did play but I have dropped Charlie Adam.

Do I detect a hint of match-fixing with Russia winning the World Cup AT HOME!!! Anyways, hope you'll get a "challenge" team available soon

Back