Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
on my save Believe it or not wenger was sacked around like beginning of December 2012....Surely its gonna be too easy for you now....

gd worl so far with dortmund...i am unbeaten against them since i took over at bayern..which i will get bk to tomorrow as i am attempting some of the challenges at the mo..

images

FEBRUARY

Lady luck shone on me this monthand what a month it was!!! We started off by thumping Bayern Munich and then lost narrowly to Arsenal. They then sacked Guardiola and appointed Zvonimir Soldo who couldnt win his first game in charge fortunately!!

We did draw two games in the league but I can put up with that. We were without Alejandro Gomez for half the month so Lukasz Stefanowicz played on the RW to great effect.

Finally I managed to get Aberdeen as a feeder club - they got relegated last season and I signed Nelson Rivas to cover at CB until the end of the season.

---------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Bayern Munich
Stefanowicz 3

GREAT WIN!!!! This was Bayern's first defeat in the league this season and it was all down to teenage striker Lukasz Stefanowicz.

-----------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Arsenal 3-2 Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski, Fer

Tough love for Stefanowicz as I dropped him for the fit again Lewandowski. I wanted to have my strongest and most experienced team out there. I have to be content with the result overall.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Eintracht Frankfurt
Isco 2(1pen), Gomez

------------------------------------------------------------

Hannover 2-2 Borussia Dortmund
Stefanowicz 2

Samuel made his debut from the start here as we had to rely on an injury time equaliser to get a point.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 3-3 Wolfsburg
Isco, Lewandowski, Bell

I am angry that we didnt win this home game but we were 2-0 and 3-1 down so I cant be too angry! Zayas made his debut off the bench.

----------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Borussia Dortmund (2) 2-1 Arsenal (3)
Lewandowski, Szczesny (og)
(Agg: 4-4 - Borussia Dortmund win on away goals)

We got very lucky here as we only had 3 shots on goal to their 20! Plus they had a goal disallowed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUKASZ STEFANOWICZ
View attachment 300956

View attachment 300957

Last edited:
Hows Mr Gomez for you? I sold him due to a overload or wingers so wonder what im missing

Can you post the screenshots of not just your starting tactics but also your altered tactics against rivals, bigger clubs or lesser clubs etc...please, thank you

images

We seem to have branched out!

MARCH

A great month this as we look to have broken away in the race for the title, made it to the German Cup semis and got a kind draw in the Champions League quarter finals. Even the youth intake was semi decent. I am beginning to think that we may have a sneaky shot at the Champions League. If not this year then certainly next year if I can get a decent budget!

------------------------------------------------------

Hamburg 2-4 Borussia Dortmund
Stefanowicz, Reus 2, Isco

We almost threw away the points here. We were 2up against 10 men and then everything went wrong. Isco missed a penalty and then they scored twice. We did manage to recover but it came at a price as Reus got injured and will be out for the rest of the season.

-----------------------------------------------------

German Cup QF

Borussia Monchengladbach 2-3 Borussia Dortmund
Isco, Fer, Stefanowicz
AET

We got lucky here. 2up with 2 shots on target we conceded twice to go into extra-time. We were getting hammered but got a penalty which Isco duly missed. Thankfully Stefanowicz popped up with the winner.

-------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Mainz
Ilkay Gundogan, Lewandowski

Due to our cup efforts in the last match we were without a dozen or so players so to get the win was very pleasing.

----------------------------------------------------------

Kaiserslautern 1-4 Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski, Gomez, Isco, Bell

Lewandowski had a goal disallowed before he put us ahead and then Gomez scored on his return from injury. Isco missed a penalty but scored from the rebound while Stefanowicz is covering Reus brilliantly as he got 2 assists here.

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

FC Porto 2-3 Borussia Dortmund
Alcami (og), Bell, Isco

Favio Alcami was the centre half who I couldnt get in the last window ironically enough and he put us ahead here. I would have taken a score draw so to win and get 3 away goals is a great result.

--------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ISCO

images

View attachment 301010
images

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 1

Scotland 6-0 Luxembourg
Rhodes 3, McGeouch, Adam, Easton

Rhodes even had a goal disallowed. Easy win as expected
View attachment 301011

images

APRIL

A very good month this. In fact one of the best! We may have lost in the German Cup but in the Champions League we excelled. After defeating Porto we got drawn against Man Utd who although they brought in some players after I left they arent nearly as strong as the team that I had last season.

As it happened we drew away and thumped them at home and we will play Juventus in the final who arent anything special!!!!! Can it be 5 out of 5?

Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Greuther Furth
Stefanowicz, Bell, Isco (pen)

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Borussia Dortmund (3) 3-2 FC Porto (2)
Bittencourt, Gomez 2
(Agg: 6-4)

When Kirchhoff scored an OG after 5min I was worried but then Stefanowicz decided to turn it on and set up 3 goals before the half hour mark.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bayer Leverkusen 3-0 Borussia Dortmund

Bayern got beat beforehand so with that in mind and with us having a cup semi in a few days I rested a load of players so I expected to lose.

German Cup SF
Bayern Munich 3-0 Borussia Dortmund

This was very harsh even though Zieler saved a penalty. We just couldnt convert the chances we created which isnt like us.

Borussia Dortmund 1-1 Schalke
Steegmann

After 2 successive 3-0 thumpings I still decided to rest players for the next game - even though this was the big derby match. I thought we had won it when Steegmann scored with his first touch late on but they still managed to equalise.

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Manchester United 0-0 Borussia Dortmund

Sure we didnt get the away goal but we didnt lose either! Juventus beat Man City 3-0 in the other semi.

----------------------------------------------------------------

VfB Stuttgart 0-1 Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski

We edged even closer to the title here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Borussia Dortmund (0) 4-1 Manchester United (0)
Fer, Ilkay Gundogan 2, Ignjovski
(Agg: 4-1)

WOW!!! It would have been quite embarrassing to get knocked out by the side I crippled last summer and we absolutely battered them here. One of my favourite and greatest ever FM results this.

Borussia Dortmund 7-1 Werder Bremen
Gomez 2, Stefanowicz, Koch 3(1pen), Lewandowski

Another amazing victory and performance from my team. Confidence is high which is resulting in good performances. We even had a goal disallowed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEJANDRO GOMEZ

images

View attachment 301127

Haha, congrats to making the final, I hope you win it to make it 5 from 5, I'm still in the group stages with Juventus in my story

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

YEE HAAA!!!!!! Another Champions League win and this time it feels as though it is an achievement as anyone can win it with Barca/Real/Man Utd by spending £750m and with Bayern if they have Falcao. With Dortmund I had to rely on a bit of luck and a bit of tactical astuteness!

In the end we had an unlikely hero in the shape of Stefan Bell who has been outstanding all season. He grabbed a hat-trick as we edged the final in a 7 goal thriller.

Now where do I go next? Or will I stay at Dortmund long enough to have my first crack at the FIFA Club World Cup?

----------------------------------------------------------

Hoffenheim 0-1 Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski

We needed a win to claim the title and we got it thanks to a goal in the 1st minute. However on 70min while making my subs I noticed I was playing DM Zayas in goal!!!! He had a rating of 7.9 too but I subbed him anyway.

Borussia Dortmund 3-3 Borussia Monchengladbach
Lewandowski, Steegmann, Marin (og)

This sends Borussia MGB down even though they have the likes of Afellay and Dembele in their ranks.

UEFA Champions League Final

Borussia Dortmund 4-3 Juventus
Bell 3, Lewandowski

The moment I saw their formation I had a big smile across my face as they play 3 at the back with nobody at FB and nobody in DM which meant Isco, Stefanowicz and Gomez could run riot when we got the ball.

As it was it was CB Stefan Bell who was the hero as he somehow managed to get a hat-trick - everyone assisted by Alejandro Gomez. The game went 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 4-2, 4-3 so we were never behind.

Line Up: Zieler, Anita (Samuel), Bell, Kirchhoff, Schmelzer (Engin Gokcu), Fer, Ilkay Gundogan (Bender), Stefanowicz, Isco, Gomez, Lewandowski

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
ALEJANDRO GOMEZ

images

SQUAD
View attachment 301282
Gomez, Reus and Stefanowicz were quite simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 301285

OTHER MAJOR TABLES
View attachment 301286View attachment 301287View attachment 301288View attachment 301289

TEAM OF MY CAREER SO FAR
(will do one at the end of each season)

Dede, Neymar and Shaqiri leave as Bell, Stefanowicz and Gomez came in
[TABLE="class: cms_table_cms_table"]
[TR]
[TD]
GK
[/TD]
[TD]
Manuel Neuer
[/TD]
[TD]
Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DR
[/TD]
[TD]
Fulvio Damiani
[/TD]
[TD]
Inter Milan/Barcelona/Man Utd
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DC
[/TD]
[TD]
Stefan Bell
[/TD]
[TD]
Borussia Dortmund
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DC
[/TD]
[TD]
Kurt Zouma
[/TD]
[TD]
Barcelona
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
DL
[/TD]
[TD]
Phillip Lahm
[/TD]
[TD]
Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
MC
[/TD]
[TD]
Toni Kroos
[/TD]
[TD]
Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
MC
[/TD]
[TD]
Sami Khedira
[/TD]
[TD]
Real Madrid
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
AMR
[/TD]
[TD]
Lukasz Stefanowicz
[/TD]
[TD]
Borussia Dortmund
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
AML
[/TD]
[TD]
Alejandro Gomez
[/TD]
[TD]
Borussia Dortmund
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
AMC
[/TD]
[TD]
Lionel Messi
[/TD]
[TD]
Barcelona
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
ST
[/TD]
[TD]
Falcao
[/TD]
[TD]
Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Awesome story so far, congrats on another win, can't wait for another update

Well done!

Your getting through this challenge quickly!!

Have you found it difficult? I've been enjoying it so far!

images

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 1

Holland 3-0 Scotland

The Dutch get their revenge here. Never mind.
View attachment 301317
-------------------------------------------------

Friendly

Scotland 1-4 Argentina
Stewart

Two very tough games. We arent at that level yet anyways.

Congrats man, looking forward to seeing where you go next

Back