Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
images

FEBRUARY

Goal after goal after goal after goal - we were almost unstoppable however my mistake may have cost us against Liverpool and Busquet's mistake cost us against Zaragoza. Real Madrid slipped up twice too so maybe the title race isnt quite over...

---------------------------------------------------

Barcelona 4-0 Sevilla
Llorente, Fabregas, Messi, Pique

The only downside to this win was that Iniesta got injured for a month. Real Madrid could only draw with Betis....

-------------------------------------------------------

Rayo Vallecano 0-5 Barcelona
Sanchez, Pique, Messi, Zouma, Bojan

Messi and Muniain tore Rayo to shreds here. Things are ticking along nicely.

------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona 6-2 Granada
Muniain 2, Sanchez, Thiago 2, Llorente

Granada had the cheek to take the lead in the 2nd minute so we showed them who is the boss by banging in 6. Real Madrid lost...............

--------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona 6-1 Real Valladolid
Alba, Daniel Alves, Bartra, Bojan, Messi, Deulofeu

I had to rest 7 players for this game and wouldve taken a 1-0 win so to bang in 6 was a great achievement.

---------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Barcelona 1-1 Liverpool
Llorente

**** **** FUCKITY ****!!! My fault here as I forgot to play Llorente as a target man after Bojan played as a poacher against Valladolid. They took the lead in the 2nd half through Pedro (who else?) but Llorente levelled late on. I didnt realise my error until the final whistle - serves me right for playing NHL13 at the same time!

----------------------------------------------------------

Villarreal 3-4 Barcelona
Daniel Alves, Messi, Muniain 2

We were 3up after 20min and 4-1 up after an hour so this shouldnt have been that close.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Real Zaragoza 2-2 Barcelona
Deulofeu 2

Not good. Busquets got sent-off early on but we surged into a 2 goal lead only to throw it away in the 2nd half.

------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANIEL ALVES

images

View attachment 298350

Last edited:
images

MARCH

A fine month with some excellent performances from the whole team but 2 players in particular stood out - Kurt Zouma and Gerard Deulofeu. Zouma has been a rock at the back and scored a few while Deulofeu just cant stop scoring and is keeping the likes of Muniain and Iniesta out!

We are right back in the title race as the gap is now 1pt and we have to play Real at home so that is looking promising. What wasnt promising was the youth intake as nobody was really worth a contract!

--------------------------------------------------

Racing Santander 0-6 Barcelona
Thiago 2, Messi 2, Zouma, Deulofeu

5up after half an hour - kinda disappointed we didnt get double figures!

------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Liverpool (1) 3-3 Barcelona (1)
Deulofeu, Zouma, Messi
(Agg: 4-4 Barcelona win on away goals)

JUST!!!!!! We took a very early lead but soon found ourselves level. We regained the lead in the 2nd half only to throw it away when Downing scored with 2min left however Messi popped up in injury time to see us through! Elsewhere Saint-Etienne knocked out Man City.

-----------------------------------------------------

Barcelona 3-1 Real Zaragoza
Bartra, Zouma, Deulofeu

Zouma and Deulofeu are carrying us at the moment! lol

Barcelona 3-1 Espanyol
Messi 2, Deulofeu

A nice derby win although it was too close to call for a while but we got 2 goals in 5min to win it.

Barcelona 2-0 Osasuna
Messi, Deulofeu

Deulofeu's stats arent that great - but by god I am going to sign him again! I am not even playing him in his favourite position - he has scored in our last 6 games now and has 10 goals in 12 league appearances!

Sporting Gijon 2-4 Barcelona
Zouma, Messi, Llorente, Thiago

This was tough as we fell behind before going ahead and then getting pegged back but Llorente snatched the winner on his return from injury. Daniel Alves got sent-off.

REAL MADRID LOST!!!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GERARD DEULOFEU

images

View attachment 298364
-------------------------------------------------
images

UEFA Champions League Draw
View attachment 298361

Real Madrid!!!! They recovered from a 4-1 deficit in the last round so they are beatable. 50/50 methinks.

Last edited:
Good Luck with Barca!.. i think you have dodged a bullet with the Milan teams! They are the ones i am least looking forward to doing as it will take a full overhaul of the squad and finances are **** (AC Milan aren't even in Europe on mine this year) Lets hope you can get 2 in 2... but slow down otherwise we wont catch up with you haha

images

APRIL

This month saw us progress to the final of the Champions League and overhaul Real Madrid at the top of the league so it was all good - apart from the defeat against Espanyol and beating Athletic Bilbao.

Xavi finally returned from injury to pull the strings in the midfield while Llorente, Messi and Muniain kept banging the goals in - we even scored 4 against Real twice!

Next month will see us play in the cup final, hopefully wrap up the title and there is the small matter of the Champions League final against Bayern Munich.....................

----------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

Barcelona 4-1 Real Madrid
Muniain, Messi 2, Llorente

We are on top of our game right now and we just blew Real away here with 2 goals in the first 5min. Not all over yet but we have one foot in the semis at least.

Barcelona 2-0 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente, Sanchez

Doesnt feel right this - I feel dirty - especially after they had a goal disallowed that wouldve put them 1up. On the plus side Sevilla beat Real Madrid 4-1!!!!!!

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Real Madrid (1) 3-2 Barcelona (4)
Muniain, Llorente
(Agg: 4-6)

I had to rest a few players here but I was confident in not getting beat 3-0 with the way we have been playing of late. That said I wasnt too confident when we were 3-1 down after 20min!

Real Betis 0-3 Barcelona
Sanchez, Thiago, Llorente

Barcelona 4-0 Real Madrid
Messi 2, Muniain, Llorente

GET IN!!!!! Our unstoppable charge for the title continues as we demolished Real Madrid. It could and should have been by 6 or 7 goals as we had 2 disallowed and Messi missed a penalty. From being 10pts behind we are now 5pts clear however Daniel Alves got injured here and will miss the rest of the season.

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Juventus 0-1 Barcelona
Llorente

7 games in a row now that Llorente has scored - his winner here came in the 93rd minute. The other semi-final ended up like this - Bayern 6-1 Man Utd.............

--------------------------------------------------------

Espanyol 2-0 Barcelona

They had 2 shots on goal and Paloschi scored with them both - we had a weakened team out and Llorente hobbled off but we shouldve done better. My first defeat in the league as Barca manager comes in the derby - typical!

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg

Barcelona (1) 3-1 Juventus (0)
Deulofeu, Bojan 2
(Agg: 4-1)

Boring game - unlike the other tie which ended up Man Utd 5-1 Bayern so Bayern win 7-6 on aggregate!

----------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FERNANDO LLORENTE

images

View attachment 298524

do you use classic mode, if so how do you find it?

images

MAY

A great month as we secured the title, cup and the Champions League. The league was secured in a thriller against Valencia while we comfortably beat Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich in the cup finals.

Barcelona 2-0 Getafe
Messi, Fabregas

Copa del Rey Final

Barcelona 2-1 Atletico Madrid
Iniesta, Llorente

A nice time for Iniesta to get his first goal of the season. We were cruising it but gave away a sloppy goal but Llorente popped up with 5min to go to win it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Valencia 3-4 Barcelona
Messi, Xavi, Muniain, Schennikov

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!! This scoreline is misleading as we were 4up and I made 3 subs and then we had 3 players taken off injured so we were down to 8 men! They had a goal disallowed, missed a penalty and had a man sent-off!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona 2-0 Mallorca
Bojan, Deulofeu

I gave a debut to the unSpanish sounding Yassir El Omari who is only 15.

----------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Final

Barcelona 2-1 Bayern Munich
Messi, Sanchez

Champions League number 2 in the bag - we absolutely battered them and had a goal disallowed. We took the lead in the 2nd minute but Destro levelled in the 5th min. Sanchez scored the winner early in the 2nd half.

Barcelona - Valdes, Damiani (Mascherano), Zouma, Pique, Alba, Iniesta (Fabregas), Xavi, Sanchez, Messi, Muniain, Llorente

----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LIONEL MESSI

images

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW

Well done on your 2nd champions league (got another one out of the way!) only 20 to go haha!!

images

END OF SEASON POST

So the season that started in Munich, with a drop off in Milan and ended in Barcelona saw me collect 5 trophies which of course included my 2nd Champions League.

I would honestly say that apart from my Bilbao side in FM12 with Herrera I have never had a stronger team than this. We demolished everyone that stood in our path and spread the goals out throughout the squad. Lionel Messi won a load of awards and dedicated them to me while I am a favoured person at Barca now - just like Bayern.

Where next? Villa is available however the World Cup is upcoming so maybe some big jobs will become available after that.

SUPPORTERS PLAYER OF THE SEASON
LIONEL MESSI
images

SQUAD
(apart from keepers and Ronaldinho)
View attachment 298571

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 298572

OTHER MAJOR LEAGUES
View attachment 298573View attachment 298574View attachment 298575

Last edited:
hopefully u will get liverpool or chelsea..or wait till 2015 when fergie retires and get Man Utd out the way...

Be interesting where you will end up next... England maybe?? Good luck for season 3 whoever you may be, soon you'll be running out of options if you keep winning! haha

See which teams have qualified for the CL and aim for one of them. Don't want to waste a year just in the league.

What the German league like? do you have any hints or tips?? (first time in Germany for a very long time!)

What the German league like? do you have any hints or tips?? (first time in Germany for a very long time!)

The German league with Bayern was very easy - on paper there are hard games but the chances of Dortmund, Schalke, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Leverkusen, Werder Bremen and Wolfsburg all having good seasons is remote

images

PRE-SEASON AND AUGUST

Still at Barca!!! There was no suitable jobs available over the summer. I had hoped that Klopp would leave Dortmund to take the Germany job or PSV's manager leave to take the Dutch job (which they offered to me) but it didnt work out like that as Hitzfeld and Stevens got the jobs respectively. Just noticed that Ranieri is the England manager!

AIMS
Get a new job or retain the Champions League!!

PLAYERS IN
Only 1 big signing for the first team and that was my old pal from my Bilbao save Inigo Martinez. I paid £35m to take him off of Real Sociedad and he is a beast of a player. (Bilbao signed Benat for £29.5m and Azpilicueta for £9m while Shaqiri moved to Real Madrid for £18m).

My other signings were all cheap regens apart from Lenny Nangis who I got on a free...................
View attachment 298727View attachment 298726View attachment 298725View attachment 298724

PLAYERS OUT
Loads!!! Mascherano and Song went to Chelsea for just over £35m in total while Bojan went to Liverpool for £6m and Afellay to Borussia MGB for £8m. Olazabal, Fontas, Muniesa, dos Santos, Montoya, Roberto, Sergi Gomez, Tello, Cuenca and Femenia went for a total of £22m while Keirrison got released.

Thought I had better recoup some of the £140m I have spent! lol

Barcelona 6-1 Sporting Gijon
Muniain 2, Pique 2, Llorente 2

Not a bad way to kick-off the new campaign!

--------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA European Super Cup

Barcelona 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Llorente 2

Spurs have won the Europa League twice in a row and I have beaten them here twice in a row!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
images

UEFA Champions League Draw

Group B

Barcelona
Manchester City
Anderlecht
FC Midtjylland

Not a bad group - just the one tough team.

I know what you mean by one tough team, people seriously underestimate FC Midtjylland

Back