Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
images

MAY - END OF SEASON

I have done it again! We won the Champions League by beating Man City 2-0 in the final thanks to Neymar. I may have "bought" the Champions League in each season but I dont care - harder challenges will follow.

We also collected the Copa del Rey but unfortunately there was heartbreak in the league as despite winning our remaining games Barca pipped us at the end.

After the final whistle went I noticed that the Newcastle job is available................

-----------------------------------------------

Granada 1-4 Real Madrid
Varane 2, Di Maria, Shaqiri

Once again I rested players for the game against Chelsea but we got the points anyway. Varane had us 2up after 7min and assisted the 3rd goal too!

--------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Chelsea (2) 4-3 Real Madrid (4) AET
Dede, Shaqiri, Khedira
(Agg: 6-7)

Jammy jammy jammy are we!!! We never led during this game while Chelsea missed a pen, had a goal disallowed and had a man sent-off!

----------------------------------------------------

Sporting Gijon 1-2 Real Madrid
Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo

Barca won..................

--------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey Final

Real Sociedad 0-1 Real Madrid
Higuain

Another trophy to add to my CV and my first as Real Madrid manager.

--------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid 4-0 Malaga
Di Maria, Ozil, Varane, Khedira

Barca won 4-0 also.............

---------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid 6-0 Mallorca
Neymar, Higuain, Khedira, Cristiano Ronaldo, Victor (og), Ferreyra

We did what we needed to do but unfortunately so did Barca so its 2nd place for us.

View attachment 299793

UEFA Champions League Final

Manchester City 0-2 Real Madrid
Neymar 2

3 out of 3!!!! We were always in control of this game and we went in at half-time 2up. Man City have signed some great players like Hamsik, Muller and Hummels but we coped extremely well.

Line Up: Casillas, Ramos, Dede, Varane, Marcelo (Arbeloa), Modric, Khedira, C.Ronaldo (Shaqiri), Ozil, Neymar, Higuain (Ferreyra)

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
GONZALO HIGUAIN

images

SQUAD
View attachment 299788

OTHER LEAGUES
View attachment 299794View attachment 299795View attachment 299796

Last edited:
KRIS STUART TAKES OVER FROM FERGIE AT MAN UTD
images

All I can say is that I better win it first time around - its bad enough I have to manage them in the first place......Maybe I will just go on holiday and just play the Champions League games!

I got offered the post about a week before the Champions League final so I delayed the decision a week so for a change I will start a new job at the beginning of the new season and I will even get a whole pre-season. My thinking is that after Utd I would reckon I could win the European Cup with Chelsea first time for sure so this is one of the few "easy" ones left.

Man Utd have been taken over by a group of Englishmen and my starting salary is £65,000 per week and they have promised me a £125m budget which I will surely spend. They have signed the following players - Witsel, Pepe (off me), Bartra, Stoch, Banega and Huddlestone.

As an aside they finished 3rd in the Premiership and won the Carling Cup last season.

Stonecold will be smiling about this no doubt - he knows how much this will grind my gears......................

TEAM OF MY CAREER SO FAR
(will do one at the end of each season)

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]GK[/TD]
[TD]Manuel Neuer[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DR[/TD]
[TD]Fulvio Damiani[/TD]
[TD]Inter Milan/Barcelona[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DC[/TD]
[TD]Dede[/TD]
[TD]Real Madrid[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DC[/TD]
[TD]Kurt Zouma[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DL[/TD]
[TD]Phillip Lahm[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MC[/TD]
[TD]Toni Kroos[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MC[/TD]
[TD]Sami Khedira[/TD]
[TD]Real Madrid[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AMR[/TD]
[TD]Xherdan Shaqiri[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich/Real Madrid[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AML[/TD]
[TD]Neymar[/TD]
[TD]Real Madrid[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AMC[/TD]
[TD]Lionel Messi[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]ST[/TD]
[TD]Falcao[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Decent team! I'm only on my second team so mine doesn't compare!

I'm looking at your team and well.. right now Scholes would genuinely make mine!

Still, the decent players start to stack up so it takes a couple of years.

images

PRE-SEASON

Well all I can say is that after the amount of money I spent on this team - if I dont win the Champions League I will cry and never play FM again!!!!!

I am posting this on the 1st of August (game date obviously) so there could be a few more transfers and I will do a club by club post later for the Premiership.

------------------------------------------------------------

AIMS

Lose to Newcastle
Win the Champions League obviously (ouch)

STAFF IN

I brought in several members of staff but most notibaly Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Andy Cole.

PLAYERS IN
Well I spent over £200m so there are a few! My first signing was my pal Fulvio Damiani of Barcelona for £29m which wont come as a shock. I then spent £60m on Jack Wilshere to run my midfield and then spent £25m on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain too!

Leandro Damiao came in for £34.5m to lead the attack while I brought in Gareth Bale for £40m and he will play at LB. I brought in Luke Steele to be my 3rd choice keeper for £2.9m while I shelled out £15m on Argentinian midfielder Hector Canteros.

Finally I splashed out on a few regens to the tune of £10.4m to take my total spend to £217m
View attachment 299861View attachment 299864View attachment 299863View attachment 299862

PLAYERS OUT

Loads and loads and loads!!!!! I released a dozen or so including Patrice Evra to just get rid of dead wood and then I concentrated on cashing in. Banega went to Juventus for £13.25m while Aston Villa took Robbie Brady and Antonio Valencia off me for just under £15m. Darren Fletcher went to Newcastle for £10.5m, RVP went to PSG (lol) for £2.5m while Pepe and Huddlestone left to go to Chelsea for £12.3m.

Michael Carrick is now at Blackburn (£2.2m), Young is at Southampton (£9.25m) and Angelo Henriquez is at Middlesbrough (£5.25m) while I loaned out Nick Powell to Wolves taking my income up to £70m.

SUMMARY
Maybe subconsciously I thought if I got rid of the Man Utd players and brought in a new team it wont feel so bad managing them! lol

My planned starting XI is - De Gea, Bale, Vidic, Jones, Damiani, Wilshere, Witsel, Nani, Rooney, Kagawa, Damiao

Oh man, can we sim every game until this one is over so we don't have to see this team for long?

do u still have hernandez

Yeah - was tempted to sell him to fund an extra CM as thats the one position I am short of. Witsel and Wilshere will start but other than that there is Canteros, Jones and the Ox only......................

Awesome Achievement Klippy........Please Win the League for Me a Utd fan.... and also please have a look at my story as well.....First season with Utd, Lots to be updated in the Next Few hours.......Congratulations on 3/3.....Can u post that Aitor RB Herrera Profile Now?

Probs u should have sold Hernandez for that extra cm, if available fellaini if not vidal or javi martinez

Awesome Achievement Klippy........Please Win the League for Me a Utd fan.... and also please have a look at my story as well.....First season with Utd, Lots to be updated in the Next Few hours.......Congratulations on 3/3.....Can u post that Aitor RB Herrera Profile Now?
View attachment 299907

Looks a Fantastic Prospect for the Future, also is Rafael at the Club or will he be the First Choice RB?

PREMIERSHIP AT A GLANCE

As you can see there are a few surprises (Nolan and Carroll to Sunderland made me chuckle). Still got a week or two of the transfer window to go. 8 out of 20 managers are Scottish!!!!!
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]CLUB[/TD]
[TD]MANAGER[/TD]
[TD]NOTABLE SIGNINGS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]Arsene Wenger[/TD]
[TD]Sakho, Coentrao, Corchia, Isco, Deulofeu, Moussa Sissoko, Cleverley, Menez, Yarmolenko, Erick Torres[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Aston Villa[/TD]
[TD]Gianfranco Zola[/TD]
[TD]Valencia, Guarin, Jenkinson, Dawson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Blackburn Rovers[/TD]
[TD]Kenny Jackett[/TD]
[TD]Begovic, Clyne, Pieters, Sturridge, Carrick[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Di Matteo[/TD]
[TD]Mascherano, Song, Abel Hernandez, McGeady, Andre Ayew, Richards, Per Bang (regen)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Everton[/TD]
[TD]Chris Powell[/TD]
[TD]Barnetta, Long, Rodriguez, Cork[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fulham[/TD]
[TD]David Moyes[/TD]
[TD]Parker, Milner, Forrest, Matavz[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Liverpool[/TD]
[TD]Luciano Spalletti[/TD]
[TD]Bojan, Pedro, M'Vila, Isla, Caulker[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Manchester City[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Mancini[/TD]
[TD]Hamsik, Hummels, Muller, Cabaye, Wijnaldum, Pjanic, Belhanda, Shawcross[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Newcastle United[/TD]
[TD]Gareth Southgate[/TD]
[TD]Essien, Inler, Denilson, Fletcher, Vaclav Kadlec, Balotelli (loan), Marin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Norwich City[/TD]
[TD]Chris Hughton[/TD]
[TD]Defoe, Brunt, Neil Taylor, Gardner[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]QPR[/TD]
[TD]George Burley[/TD]
[TD]Zaha, Livermore[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Southampton[/TD]
[TD]Nigel Adkins[/TD]
[TD]Sergio Romero, Van Rhijn, Nagatomo, Young, Henderson, Son Heung-Min, McClean[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stoke City[/TD]
[TD]Dougie Freedman[/TD]
[TD]Anderson, Evra[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sunderland[/TD]
[TD]Malky Mackay[/TD]
[TD]Carroll, Nolan, Bruma, N'Zogbia[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD]
[TD]Javier Aguirre[/TD]
[TD]Baines, Siqueira, Tiote, Di Maria, Mandzukic, Kiyotake, Alderweireld[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WBA[/TD]
[TD]Derek McInnes[/TD]
[TD]-(just a load of ex SPL players like Aluko, Gunning, Goodwillie)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]West Ham United[/TD]
[TD]Steve McClaren[/TD]
[TD]Fabio, McGregor[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wigan Athletic[/TD]
[TD]Stuart McCall[/TD]
[TD]Dempsey, Ince, Barry, Spearing[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wolves[/TD]
[TD]Peter Houston[/TD]
[TD]Redmond, Donovan[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Superb glance a the premiership feature. Shame about the Man Utd Manager though. To quote a mackum "****** Geordie Scum"

Begovic at Blackburn :o and Shawcross at Spurs with only Anderson and Evra as notable signings god have Stoke got any decent players

Back