Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
I hope Arsenal wins the league and you win the Champions League just so you can leave United!

images

JANUARY

A decent month as we didnt win much. To be fair I am hardly trying - never making subs - just click to kick off and concentrate on the footy on tv for 10min while looking at the screen sporadically. Will try 100% when the Champions League comes along I promise.

Transfer wise I sold Stoch for £15m and Luke Steele for £10m and that allowed me to spend £8m on a Croatian regen. We also had a Brazilian regen called Zumba return to the club from a loan spell.
View attachment 300220View attachment 300221

Oh and Arsenal went and bought Gonzalo Higuain as they are obviously struggling to score!

----------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup 3rd Round
Bolton Wanderers 0-0 Manchester United

Praet had a goal disallowed in the first half. Just what I needed - an extra game to manage with this lot.

------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup SF 1st Leg

Manchester United 1-0 Newcastle United
Praet (pen)

I wouldnt say I deliberatley tried to lose the game but I fielded a very weak team and got the winner thanks to a last minute penalty.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Queens Park Rangers 2-2 Manchester United
Leandro Damiao 2

3 games in a row without a win in the league and all 3 games against rubbish teams!

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

Manchester United 3-0 Bolton Wanderers
Verratti, Smalling, Welbeck

We go through to play Man City in the next round.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 3-1 West Ham United
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rooney 2

3 goals in the first 17min killed West Ham off.

Capital One Cup SF 2nd Leg

Newcastle United (0) 2-0 Manchester United (1)
(Agg: 2-1)

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!! Obertan scored both goals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup 4th Round
Manchester United 2-0 Manchester City
Leandro Damiao, Jones

We took the lead in the 3rd minute and then City had a goal chalked off and Phil Jones sealed the win just before half-time.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 1-1 Aston Villa
Bale

Brad Guzan had the game of his life here and saved a Jack Wilshere penalty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 1-3 Manchester United
Leandro Damiao, Bale, Wilshere

Hmph!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PHIL JONES

images

View attachment 300222

images

FEBRUARY

We had a poor start to the month here as we thrashed Spurs and Wolves but put that right by losing to Millwall at home in the FA Cup. Thankfully we beat Wolfsburg despite having 2 men sent-off!

Arsenal won the league cup beating Newcastle 4-0 in the final.

----------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 5-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Bale, Rooney, Oxlade-Chamberlain 2, Leandro Damiao

It seems my side only hit top form in the big games (apart from against Arsenal of course). New signing Bajto got injured and is out for 2-3 months.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 4-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Leandro Damiao 3, Rooney

Leandro Damiao had one chalked off before he gave us the lead.

FA Cup 5th Round

Manchester United 2-4 Millwall
Rafael, Verratti

Oh my word! 1up and cruising and then Rafael got sent-off and Patrick Burger got a hat-trick for them. Verratti scored from 60 yards but it wasnt enough. They only had 4 shots on target. We had 27 attempts.

Good result though!;)

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Wolfsburg 0-2 Manchester United
Rooney 2

Rooney missed an early penalty here and then in the 2nd half Witsel and Rooney got sent-off!

Arsenal lost 3-0 to Lyon while Man City lost 4-0 to Bayern.

Everton 1-2 Manchester United
Leandro Damiao, Kagawa

Everton are in a relegation battle and we scraped the win. Mattock got sent-off for them.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
WAYNE ROONEY
images

View attachment 300258
how Di Matteo is still at Chelsea is beyond me!

Giroud has 32 goals in january?!! wow!

On my Stoke save Giroud has scored 45 goals in last 18 months, 23 in first season then 22 (out of 58 total goals for Arsenal) in second so far and only just in Feb, obviously poor scoring record compared too his record in klippy's save though

Patrick Burger witf aint he about 60, As for Chelsea im sure they just waiting for you too walk into the Job come the summer, thats of course if you could handle a year without winning the CL

images

MARCH

A great month - ****** up the title race and got a very, very, very favourable draw in Europe.

Jonny Evans asked to leave the club so I said of course - I dont care!!!!!! The numpty rejected PSG and will sign for Southampton for £12m in the summer.

--------------------------------------------

Manchester United 1-1 Blackburn Rovers
Rooney

----------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Manchester United (2) 3-2 Wolfsburg (0)
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Praet
(Agg: 5-2)

Easy peasy!

-----------------------------------------------

Manchester United 5-2 Fulham
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kagawa 2, Leandro Damiao 2

---------------------------------------------------

Wigan Athletic 3-1 Manchester United
Rooney

Somehow we got ourselves back in with a shout of the title - not anymore!

---------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Zenit St.Petersburg 1-2 Manchester United
Leandro Damiao, Rooney

1 down at half-time we levelled against the run of play and then Rooney scored a late winner from long range.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
WAYNE ROONEY

images

View attachment 300264
Surely not Chelsea.................

images

UEFA Champions League Draw

View attachment 300263
All I can say is that god must be rewarding me for putting myself through this misery in Manchester! GET IN!!!!!

Last edited:
haha Klippy u really enjoying managing Utd, with chelsea fighting for relegation whats ur next team goona be.....Go for Dortmund if available or AC Milan? Jonny Evans haha wat an idiot PSG Soton even worth a Comparison???

images

APRIL

The main event involved Wayne Rooney here as after his sending off against Chelsea I fined him a weeks wage which he wasnt happy with and he now wants to be sold. If we win the Champions League I will sell him the next day!!!!!!

As it goes we are in the Champions League final and we will face Lyon who we finished ahead of in the group stage. Looks good!

------------------------------------------------------

West Bromwich Albion 0-3 Manchester United
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Praet, Zelenika

A comfortable win against doomed WBA - missing a few players too.

---------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Manchester United (2) 6-1 Zenit St.Petersburg (1)
Welbeck 3, Vidic, Praet 2
(Agg: 8-2)

Surged into a 4 goal lead before half-time and then continued to dominate in the 2nd. Dennis Praet has been a decent signing for me.

Lyon knocked out Real Madrid!

Manchester United 0-1 Chelsea

I had hoped to pile the misery on Chelsea but after 10min we were a goal and a man down as Rooney got sent-off. We still dominated and outshot them 26 to 5!

------------------------------------------------------------

Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United
Welbeck

---------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 4-2 Sunderland
Rooney, Oxlade-Chamberlain 2, Vidic

Chelsea have escaped but its nice to see Sunderland looking doomed!

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Valencia 3-2 Manchester United
Rooney, Kagawa

Hmmm - not sure how to take this result as I expected victory. Lyon beat Barcelona 4-1 in the other semi so if we go out to this lot I will go beserk.

Manchester City 0-0 Manchester United

A good result this I suppose - lost the will to live in league games! Nothing to play for after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Manchester United (2) 4-2 Valencia (3)
Bale 2, Welbeck, Kagawa
(Agg: 6-5)

YES!! We were 2-1 up but then they equalised and we bombarded them and finally got the break through 5min from time and Kagawa struck in stoppage time to avoid extra-time.

Lyon beat Barca 3-1 (7-2 on agg) so its them in the final.........

Liverpool 1-3 Manchester United
Bartra, Wilshere, Leandro Damiao

A great win if ultimately pointless (apart from the 3 we won that is!)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANNY WELBECK

images

View attachment 300269

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

Well I did it again as we beat Lyon in the final thus ending a torturous season. I plan to resign in a weeks game time after I try and sell all the players. Damiani is definately going to be sold. He needs to escape with me........

Chelsea and Liverpool have sacked their managers but I may go unemployed for a while. This was the last nailed on job to win it at the first attempt so I look forward to the harder challenges.

(Sorry for any Man Utd fans reading this but its my save and I won the Champions League anyway for you!)

Manchester United 4-2 Arsenal
Bartra, Jones, Leandro Damiao, Rooney

Whether Arsenal had an eye on the FA Cup final I dont know but we thumped them here. They should still win the league though.

Manchester United 1-0 Stoke City
Leandro Damiao

Oh oh - Vidic got injured for 3 months and will miss the final. Phil Jones got sent-off.

UEFA Champions League Final

Lyon 1-2 Manchester United
Kagawa, Leandro Damiao

THANK ****!!! We fell behind early on but Kagawa levelled on the 25th minute. I was raging 5min later as Jack Wilshere got sent-off and all of a sudden I was looking at another season with this lot but thankfully Leandro Damiao struck just before half-time.

We held on in the second half and were actually the better team. BYE BYE MANCHESTER...........

Line Up: De Gea, Damiani, Jones, Bartra, Bale, Wilshere, Witsel, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rooney, Kagawa, Leandro Damiao

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
PHIL JONES

images

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
View attachment 300272

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 300273

OTHER TABLES

View attachment 300280View attachment 300282View attachment 300283

nice one again klippy, still would have loved to see u lose to lyon (6)......one more season at utd for u would have been brilliant for the story actually.....anyways well done on 4 out of 4 mate u r truly a FM GOd really............do reply to me sometimes as well klippy

Is the Dortmund Job available? or Ajax or Why not try doing the Liverpool one now that there will be quality regens available?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right I have been offered the jobs as manager of Chelsea and Liverpool and I cant decide on who to go with as neither are even in Europe next season. I actually fancy managing abroad but hey ho.

Here is Chelsea's squad
View attachment 300295View attachment 300296

and the offer
View attachment 300298

and here is Liverpool's squad (they have Podolski in the reserves)
View attachment 300301View attachment 300302

and their offer
View attachment 300303

So who to be or do I take the chance that a top foreign club will lose their manager to a nation after the pending world cup? I should add that in my Man Utd clear out Chelsea have agreed to sign Bartra and thats it (Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern and Barca benefitted most).

I am going to go on the old xbox now as I have been on since this morning so please give me your opinion...........

Would have enjoyed reading this season more if you hadn't have scorned Man Utd so much! But congrats, Klippy

nice one again klippy, still would have loved to see u lose to lyon (6)......one more season at utd for u would have been brilliant for the story actually.....anyways well done on 4 out of 4 mate u r truly a FM GOd really............do reply to me sometimes as well klippy

Yeah sorry mate I have just had tunnel vision in trying to get this Champions League won - how I resisted not going on holiday is beyond me..........................

go for liverpool they have a better transfer budget and an arguably better squad plus sterling and borini will be beasts since your a few seasons in

Despite the Difference between Transfer Budgets i still would pick Chelsea bcoz they have a Much Stronger squad than Liverpool and that with one Good CB and a Quality Striker u really could be challenging for the title i think/.................

Despite the Difference between Transfer Budgets i still would pick Chelsea bcoz they have a Much Stronger squad than Liverpool and that with one Good CB and a Quality Striker u really could be challenging for the title i think/.................
Ago#177
go for liverpool they have a better transfer budget and an arguably better squad plus sterling and borini will be beasts since your a few seasons in​

A thought of mine was that although Liverpool have the bigger budget Chelsea have more sellable assets. I could probably get big bucks for a few of their players..

After all Man Utd need a few!

Back