Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
images

AUGUST

I will start off with the transfer news. Outgoing was Javier Hernandez to Barcelona for £17m (sorry White Army - you almost convinced me!) and Anders Lindegaard to Napoli for £2.5m. Incoming was Fabian Monzon from Lyon for £12.25m to cover at LB, Marco Verratti from PSG for £11.5m and Dennis Praet from Anderlecht for £5m. Here are the screenies of Praet and Canteros whom you may not be familiar with.............
View attachment 299966View attachment 299967

Although I have spent nearly £250m I have missed out on a few players - Bang (Chelsea regen), Ander Herrera, Ganso, Walcott, Romulo, Cristiano Ronaldo and a few regens were all bid for but we couldnt get them over the line. My Director of Football agreed to sign ter Stegen but I cancelled the deal.

On the field we had 3 easy fixtures and 3 easy wins while we (hurts to type that) got drawn away to Hull City in the Carling Cup and got a very good draw in the Champions League to boot.

-----------------------------------------------

Manchester United 2-0 Southampton
Nani 2

De Gea got injured, immediately saved a penalty and then got subbed! Result of the day was Everton 4-1 Liverpool

-----------------------------------------------------

West Ham United 0-4 Manchester United
Rooney 2, Kagawa, Leandro Damiao

This win wasnt the big news - Arsenal 10-0 Wigan with Giroud scoring 6 and Yarmolenko 4!

---------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 4-0 Queens Park Rangers
Verratti, Jones, Rooney, Welbeck

Verratti scores 7min into his debut which is nice. Bale got taken off injured.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
WAYNE ROONEY

images

View attachment 299965

-----------------------------------------------------------
images

UEFA Champions League Draw

Group E

Manchester United
Lyon
Celtic
Olympiakos

We will take that - should be easy enough although Lyon have a few decent regens.

Nice going Klippy...............who's the Backup Goalie? with De gea injured Ter Stegen would have come in handy for you....wer did Cristiano ronaldo eventually go?

tht ok klippy...just do whats best for ur team ...Hernandez now back up on mine now cos he got injured and Gomez stepped up and is playing well so he comes on and scores tho

Nice going Klippy...............who's the Backup Goalie? with De gea injured Ter Stegen would have come in handy for you....wer did Cristiano ronaldo eventually go?

The young Croatian wonderkid is backup although I signed Luke Steele for £2.9m and he is valued at £6m.........

Ronaldo is still at Real - he was interested and I was quoted at £315m lol

images

My predecessor

SEPTEMBER

This was a good month if you take into account we won every game bar one yet we beat Newcastle which obviously angered me. We are playing ok but not hitting the levels that my Real Madrid and Barcelona sides were.

--------------------------------------------

Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United
Jones 2, Kagawa

We fell behind twice but managed to scrape the win.

-------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group E

Manchester United 2-0 Lyon
Rooney 2

---------------------------------------------------

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Manchester United
Rooney (pen)

We had 9 shots in the first 10min - 20 in the first half and still we just sneaked it.

------------------------------------------------------

Carling Cup 3rd Round
Hull City 1-4 Manchester United
Stoch 3, Evans

As you would expect I played a backup side. I wasnt sure about keeping Stoch but his finishing attribute persuaded me to keep him and rightly so seemingly!

Manchester United 3-0 Newcastle United
Santon (og), Kagawa, Evans

Probably the only time I will get the nice feeling of seeing a Newcastle player scoring for me lol.

Celtic 1-1 Manchester United
Welbeck

I played a backup side and depsite dominating and taking the lead Marvin Sordell levelled for them against the run of play.

------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SHINJI KAGAWA

images

View attachment 300067

I can just tell you're loving your stint at United..... ;)

ur doing an amazing job at utd maybe u should stay at man utd for as long as fergie did

images

OCTOBER

It appears that Leandro Damiao is a waste of money!! £34.5M for a striker who scores 1 goal in 10 games! Ah well you live and learn. The best thing about doing this challenge is to have the opportunity to manage players that you dont normally so there will be some hits and misses.

In a pathetic attempt to speed the season up I have let Mike Phelan attend press conferences. Cant bring myself to go on holiday! On the field we should be winning 4 or 5 nil such is our dominance but it just isnt working out like that.

Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Manchester United

YAY!!! lol

Manchester United 1-0 Everton
Rooney

Completely dominated but couldnt score - Leandro Damiao is struggling to find the net - Rooney struck late on.

----------------------------------------------------------

Olympiakos 1-2 Manchester United
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Praet

I rested my entire first XI here so I wasnt sure what to expect.

Manchester United 2-0 Wigan Athletic
Vidic, Verratti

Capital One Cup 4th Round

Manchester United 3-0 Middlesbrough
Stoch, Evans, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Once again the backups got a go. Chelsea await in the quarters.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN

images

View attachment 300128

images

NOVEMBER

Its fair to say I am not enjoying this season one iota! That be all lol.

-------------------------------------------------------

Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Manchester United
Jones

-------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 4-2 Olympiakos
Leandro Damiao, Praet 2, Verratti

I rested everyone apart from Leandro Damiao to see if he could score and build his confidence up.

--------------------------------------------------------

Fulham 2-2 Manchester United
Leandro Damiao, Kagawa

Cant beat a Fulham side who had a man sent-off after half an hour! Great stuff. Witsel got injured and is out for 2-3 months.

Chelsea 1-1 Manchester United
Nani

Another draw! Shouldve won this as we were the better team but Aiden McGeadly levelled in the 2nd half for them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 1-0 Norwich City
Oxlade-Chamberlain

Lyon 2-1 Manchester United
Smalling

Dominated the game but Lyon were ruthless and had a goal disallowed. They also had a man sent-off and Rooney missed a penalty. Just need a point at home to Celtic to qualify while a win would see us top the group.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United 4-0 West Bromwich Albion
Leandro Damiao 3, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Before this game Leandro Damiao was assisting more than scoring - not anymore!

--------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEANDRO DAMIAO

images

View attachment 300158

Arsenal are nearly averaging 4 goals a game and Olivier Giroud is just plain scary!

You're resting players since day one in the Champions League. Are you sure you hate ManU?. Or maybe you're secretly a masochists, lol. You should have qualification already guaranteed.

images

DECEMBER

Inter Milan, PSV Eindhoven, Hamburg, Marseille........ all possible future destinations and all much preferred to where I currently am and all became available during the month. Having to grit my teeth and bear it though.

Gareth Southgate got sacked as Newcastle manager too - just rubbing my nose in it now! Dan Petrescu is the new man in charge.

In the cup draws we got Bolton in the FA Cup, Newcastle in the Capital One Cup and Wolfsburg in the Champions League.

Capital One Cup QF
Manchester United 3-0 Chelsea
Jones, Leandro Damiao, Vidic

Damiani got sent-off at 0-0 so to win 3-0 was a bit of a shock!

Sunderland 3-4 Manchester United
Vidic, Rooney, Leandro Damiao 2

No Wilshere, Witsel, Canteros, Verratti, Evans and Damiani here and we were 4up at half-time and even 4up with 20min to go so we nearly threw it away!

Arsenal scored another 5 with Giroud getting a hat-trick of penalties!

Manchester United 3-0 Celtic
Stoch, Canteros, Praet

Played a backup side and won the game to top the group.

Arsenal scored another 5 with Giroud scoring a hat-trick lol

Manchester United 4-2 Manchester City
Rooney 2(1pen), Leandro Damiao, Kagawa

My first Manchester derby as a manager and we took a 2-0 lead into the 2nd half despite City dominating. However Yaya Toure struck twice for City in the 2nd half before Kagawa and Rooney scored in stoppage time.

Arsenal 4-1 Manchester United
Leandro Damiao

Menez put them ahead on 7min and Giroud had one chalked off on 10min and then we equalised a minute later however Sissoko scored on the brink of half-time which proved to be the winner. Giroud made it 3, Yarmolenko 4 and then Sissoko had one disallowed.

And I thought that in signing Wilshere and Oxlade-Chamberlain Arsenal would crumble!

Manchester United 3-0 Liverpool
Vidic, Nani, Kagawa

----------------------------------------------------

Stoke City 1-1 Manchester United
Nani

0-0 at half-time and then Rooney missed a pen, we took the lead, they equalised late on and Rafael got sent-off.

Southampton 1-0 Manchester United

Ashley Young put them ahead early on typically and after that we battered them and had a late goal disallowed - laughable result really.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEMANJA VIDIC

images

View attachment 300186

What the **** has happened to **** ****, giroud scoring for fun is just impossible really, had him as my main stk in Euro 16 and he wasnt able to score a single goal in 4 games............*******......Btw Good Luck for the Champions League, Wolsfburg should be too easy for you i think.

Back