Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 529
  • Views Views 124K
images

APRIL

A great month this as we progress in both cups and secure another Serie A title. The main story however is in the Champions League as we went through in dramatic fashion against Real Madrid before ending the month with a thrashing of Valencia - can we do it????????

----------------------------------

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg

Castel di Sangro (2) 2-1 Napoli (2)
Bursuc 2(1pen)
(Agg: 4-3)

A last minute penalty won it for us - not that we needed it like but a win is a win!

-----------------------------------

Udinese 2-1 Castel di Sangro
Ronnow

2nd v 1st but I still rested my team for the Champions League tie against Real Madrid - priorities!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Castel di Sangro 2-1 Real Madrid
Bursuc 2

Was 2 up and cruising but then we gave a late penalty away which Ronaldo converted - disappointing!

------------------------------------

Cagliari 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Righini, Lucas Moura, Kabasele

Another under strength side was put out and we win in fine style. Our former player Peychev got sent-off too.

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Real Madrid (1) 3-2 Castel di Sangro (2)
Kjaer (og), Ongenda
(Agg: 4-4 - Castel di Sangro win on away goals)

PHEW!!!!!!!!! We were 1 up at half time and fairly comfortable but in the 2nd half we collapsed as they scored 3 times early on but 1 was disallowed - they did eventually get the all important 3rd goal to send us out but Ongenda struck in injury time to send us through!!!!!!!!! Cue dancing manically around my laptop lol

----------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Siena
Ongenda 2, Kopecky

We secure another league title with this victory - we even had Radosevic sent-off but that didnt spoil our day!

---------------------------------------

Fiorentina 1-1 Castel di Sangro
Cinelli

Backups and youths in the league from now on methinks. We conceded a late equaliser here - it wasnt our former player Diego who scored but he has scored 33 in 31 for them!!!!!

------------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 AlbinoLeffe
Ongenda, Castelnuovo, Wagner (og)

--------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Castel di Sangro 4-1 Valencia
dos Anjos Silva 2, Bursuc, van der Post

What a great result as we all but book our place in the Champions League final. About time dos Anjos Silva started scoring again!

----------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HERVIN ONGENDA
View attachment 277407
(for that last minute goal against Real Madrid alone! lol)

View attachment 277406

Was hoping to finish the season tonight but I am shattered :( so tomorrow will be d-day in the Champions League!

images

MAY

Not quite the end of the season as we have a game on the 1st of June - the Champions League Final no less!!!! We did pick up the Coppa Italia though and ended the league season with over 100 goals and nearly 100 points.

My feeder teams have done well though as Portosummaga are a win away from Serie A and Tenerife survived relegation on the last day!!!

-----------------------------

Sampdoria 1-4 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda 2, Kabasele, Dragoni

A fine win here with Dragoni scoring a beauty which promptly earned him a permanent move to us!

--------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Valencia (1) 2-2 Castel di Sangro (4)
dos Anjos Silva, Righini
(Agg: 3-6)

Played half a side here as didnt want anyone suspended for the final - so Buelens decided to get sent-off in the 1st half! lol. Never mind Karadzole should be back for the final!

--------------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Inter Milan
Ongenda 2

Juventus 1-0 Castel di Sangro

A pretty poor way to end the league campaign to be honest.

Coppa Italia Final

Torino 1-4 Castel di Sangro
Bursuc, Ongenda 2, Castelnuovo

Inbetween Bursuc's goal and supersub Ongenda we had 2 disallowed and I was beginning to think we were destined to lose but we scored 3 times late on to take the cup.

-------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HERVIN ONGENDA

View attachment 277446

View attachment 277447

MY LEAGUE SCORERS
18(1pen) dos Anjos Silva, 14 Cosenza, 12 Ongenda, 9(2pens) Bursuc, 8 Crisetig, 7 Kopecky, 7 Torri, 5 van der Post, 3 Castelnuovo, 3 Lucas Moura, 2 Cinelli, 2 Kabasele, 2 Radosevic, 1 Dragoni, 1 Righini, 1 Ronnow, 7 Own Goals

Last edited:
images

JUNE - END OF SEASON

We win the Champions League - thats it lol

UEFA Champions League Final
AC Milan 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Torri, dos Anjos Silva

Finally - it has taken 8 seasons but we have gone from nowhere to everywhere lol. Torri struck in the 3rd minute and then our ex player Munteanu had a goal chalked off. dos Anjos Silva put us 2 up before half-time and we cruised the 2nd half although Pato scored for them in stoppage time.

I went against my own rules here as I never pick players who are below 90% in fitness yet Karadzole was 89% and I felt after all he has done for us he deserved to start.

-------------------------------

SQUAD
View attachment 277448

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
ROMAN BURSUC
View attachment 277449

SUMMARY

We won everything so I have no complaints lol - dont envisage much if any changes to the 1st team squad for next season.

images

RUSSIA

Euro Champs Quals Group H

Russia 3-1 Hungary
Kantonistov 2, Krotov

Russia 4-1 Scotland
Gromov, Grudakov, Rausch, Katonistov (pen)

My young player, Fomin, who will later join us set up 3 goals here.

images

PRE SEASON - AUGUST

I feel dirty, I feel ashamed - just aswell the new FM is out soon because this save is tainted - why? I thumped Athletic Bilbao 4-1 in the European Super Cup!!!! I hadnt even realised that they won the Europa League.

Anyways - during pre-season we doubled our transfer record (see below) while despite Portosummaga getting promoted they are kept on as a feeder side and our French feeder side, Evian, got promoted to Ligue 1.

Oh and we STILL havent moved into our new stadium yet!!!!

--------------------------

AIMS

Win everything
Unbeaten league campaign

PLAYERS IN
As said above I smashed the clubs transfer record to bring in another player for our weak RW position since Cosenza and Castelnuovo never perform lol

Other than that it was youngsters all the way but the record breaker was -

View attachment 277462
GAVIN MURPHY

£40m was spent on him who you might remember I highlighted a season or two back. He wanted a new challenge so I was willing to offer him one!

View attachment 277463
ALFREDO FONTANA

AC Milan should learn not to sell players to me! I paid £2.5m for him and he will get a few games this year.

View attachment 277464
CASSIANO

£1.5m - agreed this deal yonks back. Will spend a year here before getting loaned out.

I also paid the £5m to retain Dragoni while I signed the following on frees or for fees for less than £1m -
View attachment 277465View attachment 277470View attachment 277471View attachment 277472View attachment 277466View attachment 277467View attachment 277468View attachment 277469

TOTAL SPENT - £51m

PLAYERS OUT
Making way for Murphy was Lucas Moura who was sold to Sevilla for £15.5m. We also got £2m for Stranianek. £1.5m for Moreno and £1.4m for Ruzicka and small fees for Tagliafico, Nsingi and Goranov while Bertelsen, Pacuszka, Ionov and Valloni got released.

I loaned out 29 players, mainly to my feeder sides -
Evian - Baran, Bayle, Dias, Montandon, Junior, Chmura, Sanchez, Guyot, Kisuya and Reibel
Portosummaga - Dragoni, Taylor, Baumer, Iorio, Jensen, Andric, Angelov and Lykke
Tenerife - Ochoa, Rodriguez Galan, Guso, Manquillo, Kornaukhov and Antonio Miguel

My South Korean left on a co-ownership deal for £1m

TOTAL INCOME - £23.5m

SUMMARY
Methinks Radosevic is dropping out of my first eleven so Murphy will be my new AMC and Bursuc will drop back into CM. Other than that the young German goalie I signed is 2nd choice and I will kinda be more interested in how Portosummaga get on!

-----------------------------------------

Italian Super Cup

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Torino
van der Post, dos Anjos Silva 2

dos Anjos Silva had a goal chalked off too

----------------------------------------

UEFA European Super Cup

Athletic Bilbao 1-4 Castel di Sangro
Torri, Cosenza, Apraiz (og), Kopecky

Sorry:'(

-----------------------------------------
images

RUSSIA

Friendly

Australia 2-4 Russia
Rausch 2, Grudakov, Joao Filipe
Joao Filipe scores on his national team debut for us.

--------------------------------------------------

At time of writing I am in 2nd of September and have a game to play before the transfer deadline is over so there could be some movement to go.

Last edited:
upload a save when finished please!

I am assuming you are going to get fm13 fairly sharpish so I will upload it at the end of the season I have just started - pre or post Euros - its up to you!

images

SEPTEMBER

One of the best months we have had - 6 games, 6 wins and 32 goals!!!! To be fair Portosummaga were on a hiding to nothing as they werent able to play any of the 8 or 9 players I have loaned them but we did thump AC Milan away from home so we still deserve some credit!

I was delighted with our Champions League draw as we got paired with Besiktas, Shakhtar and Montpellier - backups and youths all the way!!!!

--------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Torino
Murphy 2, dos Anjos Silva

A crazy period of stoppage time as although 2min were signalled we played 6 and 3 goals were scored!

---------------------------

AC Milan 1-5 Castel di Sangro
dos Anjos Silva, Murphy 2, Abdennour (og), Castelnuovo

What a result this is!! We completely dominated despite being pegged back just before half-time thanks to our old friend Munteanu's penalty. Murphy has started well............

-------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group G

Shakhtar Donetsk 1-5 Castel di Sangro
Righini, Kabasele, van Oeveren, Ongenda, Cassiano (pen)

Backups and youths were played here and they performed magificently!!!!

---------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Palermo
Castelnuovo 3

Cosenza got injured on 22min and Castelnuovo came on and stole the show - scoring within 4min of coming on!

--------------------------------

Napoli 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Bursuc (pen), Murphy, Castelnuovo

A strange game - we were 2 up and cruising then had van der Post sent-off, promptly conceded and then got battered until Castelnuovo scored in stoppage time yet we ended the game having taken 28 shots!

---------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 13-1 Portosummaga
Castelnuovo 4(1pen), Torri 2, Murphy 2, Radosevic, Kopecky, Kabasele, dos Anjos Silva 2

8-1 up at half-time and before the game I had to decide between the fit again Cosenza or the inform Castelnuovo - methinks I picked the right one! Portosummaga arent that bad a side - when they are allowed to play the players I have loaned them that is so this was basically the European champions against a Serie C side.

Finally - check out their goalies average rating -
View attachment 277473

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROBERTO CASTELNUOVO

View attachment 277474

View attachment 277475

images

RUSSIA

Friendly

Iran 1-3 Russia
Grudakov 2, Kornaukhov

Russia 5-0 Malta
Grudakov, Joao Filipe 2, Mamaev, Kantonistov

Qualification is secured so we go into the game away to the Dutch under no pressure - apart from the fact that I want to remain unbeaten as Russia manager!

Last edited:
WHat tactics are you using buddy? I have started a similar save but in France with my adopted club.

end of the season will do fine, have you added any other leagues, as the game wouldn't run smoothly with more than the Italian 1's added??

end of the season will do fine, have you added any other leagues, as the game wouldn't run smoothly with more than the Italian 1's added??

Every Italian one with the top division in France, Germany, Spain and England as view only - medium database

images

OCTOBER

Finally we have moved into the Cudicini Stadium (gggrrrrr)!!!!!!!!!!! We marked the occasion by playing 2 away games before finally playing the mighty AlbinoLeffe and winning easily. I have had a load of injuries this month but that is good as Righini, Cinelli and Kabasele have done brilliantly.

------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Besiktas
van Oeveren, Kabasele

Scored early on and then Castelnuovo ended his recent excellent form by getting sent-off!

Siena 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda, dos Anjos Silva

Kopecky got injured so without Righini on the bench I had to shove on Ongenda out of position but he performed well.

------------------------------

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Fiorentina
Bursuc, Murphy, Righini, Cinelli (pen), Kabasele

A great win which was only marred by Bursuc getting injured and he will be out for a wee while.

Montpellier 2-6 Castel di Sangro
Righini 3, Ongenda 2, Ronnow

This coulda been so much different as on the stroke of half-time we were 2-1 down and Kinho saved a penalty. We walked all over them in the 2nd half though.

Parma 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Ongenda, Cosenza

Another injury!!! Radosevic this time.

Castel di Sangro 3-0 AlbinoLeffe
Murphy, Righini, Torri

Our first game in our new stadium ends up with us getting an easy 3pts - as expected.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAMIANO RIGHINI

View attachment 277530

View attachment 277531

images

RUSSIA

Holland 1-1 Russia
Grudakov

A fantastic result!!! Although we were already through I wanted to top the group and this result pretty much secures that and I remain unbeaten with Russia - they did have one chalked off though.

Hungary 0-3 Russia
Grudakov 3

View attachment 277532

I don't think the save is tainted and you need to do something like SM advanced because with few restrictions you can do anything. Klippy, can you tell me how you post your screenshots as my method takes forever.

Last edited:
I don't think the save is tainted and you need to do something like SM advanced because with few restrictions you can do anything. Klippy, can you tell me how you post your screenshots as my method takes forever.

My screenshots are done by pressing Alt+F9. Then insert image and away you go! lol

Now this save is beginning to be easy but FM13 is just around the corner and I have plenty of ideas for new saves - I thought Bilbao would be hard but I dominated with them.

Back