Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

That's a patch of grass worn as hat.

I'd say the key for the new season will be the first few months. If they're good and morale is kept reasonable, then there may be surprises.

images

SEPTEMBER

Of all the kinds of scary biscuits that you can get our start to the season has been of the rarest, scariest variety you can get!!! From the thriller against Siena to the surprising thrashing of Brescia, the start of this campaign has been beyond my wildest dreams.

Some transfer news though - I sold goalkeeper Santarelli for £8,000 and brought in a young keeper on a free as his replacement and then brought in this young Finnish player as a squad player on a free -
View attachment 271883
View attachment 271994
---------------------

Siena 2-3 Castel di Sangro
Ibsen, Radosevic, Belardi (og)

What a game!!!! Went 1 up then 2-1 down and fought back to win in injury time - I expected to be thrashed here - good signs!!!

----------------------

Triestina 3-3 Castel di Sangro
Kovalik 2, Tagliani

Threw away the lead 3 times in this game - not impressed! The man with the green hair scored in this game btw.

----------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Barletta
Munteanu, Aldea

The rampant Romanians strike to give us the 3pts.

-----------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Brescia
Polverino, Kovalik 3

Great result. Ibsen is injured so Kovalik has been given a shot up front with great effect!!!

----------------------

Livorno 0-0 Castel di Sangro

------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FRANTISEK KOVALIK

View attachment 271991

View attachment 271992

That picture has nothing on the infamous "Klinsmann" which im sure you'll repeat if you end the season with promotion again!

images

OCTOBER

What a great start to the month as we scored 5 goals in each of our first 2 games. Then came the Lazio game which will long live in my memory. Probably one of my finest fm/cm results - and I have been playing since the early 90s!!!

Was linked with the Modena, Grosseto and Sassoulo jobs which I obviously rejected. Scotland appointed Souness instead of my goodself while Czech.Republic, Croatia and Turkey also didnt want me to manage them.

Unlocked a steam achievement by getting 90% board confidence - how I never got that with Bilbao is beyond me - quite angered by that to be honest!

------------------------

Castel di Sangro 5-1 Modena
Aldea, Gozzi (og), Tagliani, Diagouraga (og), Kovalik

Somehow we scored most of our goals after Rovereti got sent-off!!!

------------------------

Grosseto 3-5 Castel di Sangro
Radosevic, Ronaldo, Villanova, Munteanu, Polverino

Ronaldo scores against his old club in an eight goal thriller.

-----------------------

Lazio 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Kovalik, Ronaldo

Stupendous/incredible/stupid/fantastic and all the rest. Miroslav Klose earns £62k a week which is £17k more than my weekly budget for my entire squad! Lazio also have Zarate, Sculli, Ederson and Marchetti. I would rate this as my best ever FM12 result!

--------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-2 Benevento
Kovalik, Villanova, Radosevic

2 up after 8min and up against 10 men on 9min yet we still got pegged back to 2 each. Still won though but had Vilardo and Ronaldo got stretchered off.

--------------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Lecce
Munteanu, Villanova 2

A great way to round off a great month. 7pts clear!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MICHELE VILLANOVA

View attachment 272018

View attachment 272019

Indeed, it will be a straight promotion. Maybe your average of quality is around what I had at Torino my first season, but definitely your best players are better than mine when I got the promotion in the first season. (Or perhaps my memory underestimates the squad I had).

Unlocked a steam achievement by getting 90% board confidence - how I never got that with Bilbao is beyond me - quite angered by that to be honest!

Well isn't that a bit of a **** take! At least you got it now though and still looking good in the league. Roll on another promotion.

You're doing a great job and it's next to impossible to get 90% board confidence with a big club because you have to be pretty much 100% in Squad Harmony (that is next to impossible), Wage Budget and Club Stature because the board won't be as happy with good performances in competitions and it'll take more to get the fans really celebrating.

images

NOVEMBER

Another month and before the first ball was kicked I picked up a new signing who likes as though he will be a real star for us. Jiri Kopecky be his name and at the age of 18 he will develop into a fantastic player. Here he be -
View attachment 272063

LW/AMC or ST? Dont know where he will play but he is one of my top players for sure. Kept getting offered Federico Laurito on a free transfer but I turn it down every time - I always used to sign him in FM10!!!

Released defender Di Fusco in an attempt to lower my wage bill. Lost a coach to Juventus and since the first week of the season I havent been able to bring in any staff. The board allow it but I cant offer enough wages!!!!

------------------

Empoli 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Kovalik, Aldea, Ibsen

Another fine victory and fought back from behind to win. With Vilardo out I moved Ronaldo to RW and Kopecky started on the LW.

------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Verona
Carioto

Well deserved - wasnt as if we only had 1 shot on target, and the oppo had 2 disallowed and had more posession - well maybe it was like that lol. Very very lucky.

------------------

Frosinone 3-4 Castel di Sangro
Ronaldo, Tagliani 2, Villanova

Had 3 players stretchered off but we still won despite falling behind twice - the promotion charge is gathering strength!!!!!

-------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Padova
Aldea, Kovalik, Vilardo

-------------------

Reggina 3-1 Castel di Sangro
Kovalik

1st v 2nd and the 2nd placed team tought the top side a lesson. We were pathetic really. Shocking. 1st defeat of the league season.

-------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAUL ALDEA

View attachment 272071

View attachment 272072

---------------------
images

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT BECKONS

WITH
images

AUSTRIA!!!!!!!

Never managed them and probably wont be here for long anyways. Appointed a few staff members (Zickler, Jancker are 2) and we will see how it goes. They havent qualified for the World Cup.

David Alaba is my star player no doubt but there isnt a lot of quality out there after a quick glance.

images

DECEMBER

Just as well be built up a big lead as injuries are hitting us hard and we are not playing well at all. We may have won 3 out of the 4 games this month but we didnt play well at all in any of them. I think the fixture list has been kind to us though as we keep getting runs of games against the smaller teams with the odd hard team thrown in now and again. Beating the weaker teams builds up confidence so we get a run going.......

---------------------

Sampdoria 2-0 Castel di Sangro

2 defeats on the spin now - didnt play well but no shame against the quality of the opposition here.

----------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Sassuolo
Aldea, Ibsen, Radosevic (pen)

Thats better!!! Comfortable win despite being without 7 players.

-----------------------

AlbinoLeffe 0-1 Castel di Sangro
Ambra (og)

We really struggled here but got the win. Not playing well of late.

----------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Juve Stabia
Kovalik, Munteanu, Radosevic

Munteanu missed a penalty but scored the rebound thankfully.

----------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSIP RADOSEVIC

View attachment 272083

View attachment 272084

dont know whats more surprising - ourselves and Barletta at the top or Lazio in a relegation battle!

Are you using the transfer update as Radosevic becomes world class in it if not he isn't special.

Are you using the transfer update as Radosevic becomes world class in it if not he isn't special.

Using one of LFCMarshalls - i forget which one - i pride myself with an extensive knowledge of players worldwide but i admit i have never heard of Radosevic.

Fantastic stuff Klippy so dominant I don't know how you do it!!

You always find immense regens too, from like silly countries!!

Using one of LFCMarshalls - i forget which one - i pride myself with an extensive knowledge of players worldwide but i admit i have never heard of Radosevic.
I hadn't heard of him until Raikan signed him then I found out he got called up for Croatia also I looked at his PA in the editor before and after the update lets just say a huge increase doesn't do the size of the increase justice.

I hadn't heard of him until Raikan signed him then I found out he got called up for Croatia also I looked at his PA in the editor before and after the update lets just say a huge increase doesn't do the size of the increase justice.

Ah I see - might load up the editor to check his PA out! lol. Just agreed to sign a cm for next season so I will have a difficult decisionto make - 3 into 2 dont go!!!

images

JANUARY

The rampant Romanians have gone! Firstly the chairman went over my head to accept a terrible offer for Munteanu and off he went to Sion for £875,000. Then he did it again with Aldea who went for an embarrasing £775,000. What made that worse was that Aldea rejected a £2.5m move to Young Boys!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had loads of co-ownership offers for Radosevic, Rovereti, Bonta, Polverino, Ibsen etc but the only other players to leave were Castellano on loan and I released Di Fusco, Esposito and Covone.

There were a few incomings however - 2 coming at the end of the season (1 of which I couldnt believe I signed!!!) but I did bring in 2 for just now. An ok CM and a RW/ST who I hope to develop into a world beater -
View attachment 272096
View attachment 272097

------------------

Vicenza 1-7 Castel di Sangro
Ibsen 4, Polarik 2(1pen), Ronaldo

What a performance!! We even scored the last 4 when we were down to 10 men after Fanka got sent off!

-----------------------

Pescara 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Ibsen 2, Ronaldo

Went behind early here and Ibsen even had a goal chalked off thus denying him his hat-trick.

-----------------------

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Siena
Carioto

Aldea got sent-off early on (a nice way to end his stint with us) and when Carioto scored with 5min left I thought we had sneaked it but not so.

---------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMIL IBSEN

View attachment 272098

View attachment 272099

images

FEBRUARY

A decent month I suppose with new signings making an instant impact. Just counting down the games until promotion is secured really although our lead has slightly been reduced I feel we will make it. The big news is we finally brought in another scout!!!! lol

--------------------

Brescia 2-1 Castel di Sangro
Ronaldo

Not good. We had Radosevic sent-off and they missed a penalty.

----------------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Triestina
Svendsen 2(2pens), Ibsen 2

Good result this with the Dane Svendsen coming off the bench early on to net twice. Kopecky set up 3 of the goals.

----------------------

Barletta 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Cosenza, Peychev

The two supposed minnows of the league battled it out here. We fell behind twice but sub Cosenza scored one and assisted one.

---------------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Livorno
Nordstrom, Cosenza

-------------------

Modena 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Tagliani, Polverino (pen)

We fell behind twice here and they had a goal disallowed but Cosenza won a penalty which Polverino converted on his first match back after being out injured for a few months.

-------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PASQUALE COSENZA

View attachment 272150

View attachment 272151