Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
images

FEBRUARY

Newcastle dumped out of the FA Cup
Seventh heaven against Wigan
Lucas Moura out for 6 months
Hoilett to join Arsenal for £23.5m

A mixed month that started off with us being knocked out of the FA Cup by Man City and having Lucas Moura taken off injured which ends his season. We did gain revenge by thumping them 4-0 in the league but our hold on the FA Cup ends.

We also thrashed Wigan 7-0 but then struggled against WBA as we went behind and only scored the winner in stoppage time. Finally we were unlucky against PSG as we went down to ten men when Santon went off injured and we had already made the 3 subs and sure enough PSG scored a last minute equaliser.

I have decided to sell Junior Hoilett at the end of the season to Arsenal. He has been brilliant for me but although he is having a quiet season with Shokry, the-ox, Johnson amongst others coming through it is time to get rid!

-----------------

FA Cup 4th Round
Manchester City 3-1 Newcastle United
Neymar

Bolton Wanderers 1-3 Newcastle United
Berjulet (pen), Neymar 2

Newcastle United 4-0 Manchester City
Zouma, Walcott 2, Bonimeier

Newcastle United 7-0 Wigan Athletic
Walcott, Chalobah, Kello (og), Neymar 3, Mulugeta

Newcastle United 2-1 West Bromwich Albion
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shokry

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Paris St.Germain 1-1 Newcastle United
Neymar

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEYMAR

images

View attachment 263191
(just the 17pts clear lol)

Im not sure you have enough of a points buffer Klippy, them gooners are mighty close to supplanting you :P

Im not sure you have enough of a points buffer Klippy, them gooners are mighty close to supplanting you :P

Yeah I better watch out! Annoyed in a way because the 2 games I have drawn I was 2 up going into stoppage time!!!

Looking a little too easy in the league. Still enjoying the story though mate. Good profit on Hoilett which is always nice.

images

MARCH

10 man Newcastle claim the Capital One Cup
Newcastle win the league with 7 games left to play
We sneak past PSG on penalties and are to play Marseille next in the Champions League
Italy draw with Bulgaria in a boring game

Another 2 trophies to chuck in the trophy cabinet! In the final we took the lead but Zouma got sent off just before half time. That didnt bother us as we went two up before City pulled one back but we still managed to score the third.

We got some good results in the league and Theo Walcott hit some good form (he even missed a pen against Swansea denying him a hat-trick) but the league games are a non event really with our aim to simply remain unbeaten. I dont ever remember winning the league with so many games to go with Bilbao.

In Europe we sneaked past PSG who came back at us even though they played over an hour with 10 men however our excellent record in penalty shoot-outs continue.

Finally in the youth intake I kept three players with one who looks as though he will be a good player - labelled the new Ashley Cole no less!

-----------

Capital One Cup Final

Manchester City 1-3 Newcastle United
Berjulet, Neymar, Walcott

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Newcastle United
Hoilett, Neymar

Liverpool 1-3 Newcastle United
Walcott, Berjulet, Niang

Newcastle United 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Walcott 2, Mulugeta

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Newcastle United 1-1 Paris St.Germain (aet)
Vrsaljko
(Newcastle United win 4-2 on penalties)

Stoke City 0-3 Newcastle United
Walcott, Neymar, Shokry

Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City
Shokry, Walcott 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
THEO WALCOTT

images

View attachment 263430

------------
images

ITALY

Friendly

Italy 0-0 Bulgaria

i recently started my career mode and i bought zouma from saint etienne as a 16 year old. does he grow to be good?

images

I used to have that goalie top lol

APRIL

Newcastle easily beat Man Utd
After beating Marseille we get paired with Real Madrid
Man Utd v Man City in other semi
Reserves and u18s win their leagues

A fine month with the big players getting rested in the league games for the European campaign. In the league we won every game as expected and gave some game time to the wonderkids in the reserve side (Johnson, Kubicek, Munoz). We are now unbeaten in 78 league games.

In the Champions League we demolished Marseille at home before getting a fantastic win away to Real Madrid at the Bernabeu!

---------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

Marseille 1-1 Newcastle United
Neymar

Newcastle United 3-1 Manchester United
Shokry, Walcott, Ramsey

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Newcastle United 4-0 Marseille
Walcott, Neymar, Chalobah, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Newcastle United
Berjulet, Niang, Cleison

Wigan Athletic 0-1 Newcastle United
Boonen

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Real Madrid 0-1 Newcastle United
Neymar

Newcastle United 3-0 Aston Villa
Oxlade-Chamberlain 2, Bonimeier

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEYMAR
images

View attachment 263502

Hi klippybo, congrats on the continued success, liking neymar, is he ahead of niang in your save? How are you finding Italy as a nation to manage as enjoyable as your spain side when you managed bilbao? I am presently mid way through 3rd season as atletico, still no international job offers yet, havent had chance to play much recently but am having a bash at finishing season today, muniain is by far my star player... niang is outscoring falcao now, but not sure if i can replace falcao as he is very close to breaking record league goals scored for atletico... overall i am now 4th most reputable team behind barca, real and man utd, and same for finances, presently worth 491m, i do want to create complete world domination so need to become worth over 1bn to match barca... my escimo player is developing quite nicely, i hope you dont mind i have added a screenshot and would welcome your feedback... anyhow enjoy your save still, going strong on all fronts which is good, completely dominating the league well done!! Here is olafsson:

View attachment 263503

Hi klippybo, congrats on the continued success, liking neymar, is he ahead of niang in your save? How are you finding Italy as a nation to manage as enjoyable as your spain side when you managed bilbao? I am presently mid way through 3rd season as atletico, still no international job offers yet, havent had chance to play much recently but am having a bash at finishing season today, muniain is by far my star player... niang is outscoring falcao now, but not sure if i can replace falcao as he is very close to breaking record league goals scored for atletico... overall i am now 4th most reputable team behind barca, real and man utd, and same for finances, presently worth 491m, i do want to create complete world domination so need to become worth over 1bn to match barca... my escimo player is developing quite nicely, i hope you dont mind i have added a screenshot and would welcome your feedback... anyhow enjoy your save still, going strong on all fronts which is good, completely dominating the league well done!! Here is olafsson:

View attachment 263503

Yeah Neymar is ahead of Niang. Italy is ok but I want to win Copa America etc so will be moving on. Think Argentina/Brazil/Scotland/France and Germany would appeal to me. The only reason I stayed with Spain for so long with Bilbao was because all the new Spanish youngsters appeared on my player search screen when they got regenerated.

The Eskimo looks decent enough - did you not say you have a Romanian too?

yeah I do florin mihai, hes good but the escimo is so consistent, niang has developed amazingly well in my game...

here is florin mihai, 197pa, he just doesnt seem to develop that rapidly im not sure who to put more emphasis onto olafsson or mihai:

View attachment 263505

Check out niang, hes a huge star in the making i reckon, let me know how he compares to yours:

View attachment 263506

i would love a south american club to manage, maybe someone a little more obscure as have several colombian regens that have good potential and would love to see how they do on international stage...

wow man your newcatsle side demolishes everyone! oh btw for the next transfer window see if you cant find yourself an amazing newgen keeper as you have butland in goal, he does the job, but he isnt fenomenal :p

wow man your newcatsle side demolishes everyone! oh btw for the next transfer window see if you cant find yourself an amazing newgen keeper as you have butland in goal, he does the job, but he isnt fenomenal :p

I know of a few but quite happy with Butland as I like to keep an English spine to the side and he counts as being a homegrown player via the club.

Hey man really enjoying the story, really enjoyed your Bilbao one too, just wondering what you downloaded to get the english teams logos?

Hey man really enjoying the story, really enjoyed your Bilbao one too, just wondering what you downloaded to get the english teams logos?

To be honest mate I did it so long ago I cant remember - some megapack I think

images

MAY - PREMIER LEAGUE REVIEW

Newcastle win 7 goal thriller in Champions League final
Once again we were unbeaten in the league
Benitez/Mourinho/Phelan/Hughton lose their jobs
Stoke/West Ham/Blackburn relegated
Man City beat WBA in the FA Cup final

A fantastic end to the season. We thumped Real Madrid 4-0 with Ronaldo getting sent off for the 2nd year in a row against us and we finished off the league campaign in fine style with the backup players keeping our unbeaten run going!

In the Champions League final it was a hectic affair with 7 goals, 1 penalty and a sending off. Neymar was immense and got 3 assists and we have now won the cup 4 years on the trot!

------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg

Newcastle United 4-0 Real Madrid
Shokry, Neymar 2, Berjulet

Everton 0-5 Newcastle United
Boonen 2, Niang, Kubicek, Rutkowski

Newcastle United 1-0 Sunderland
Rutkowski

Arsenal 2-3 Newcastle United
Niang, Rutkowski, Boonen

UEFA Champions League Final
Newcastle United 4-3 Manchester United
Walcott, Shokry, Berjulet, Mulugeta (pen)
View attachment 263597

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JENS RUTKOWSKI

View attachment 263585

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE AND STATS
View attachment 263593View attachment 263594View attachment 263595

MY LEAGUE SCORERS
18 Neymar, 15 Walcott, 10 Oxlade-Chamberlain, 8(2pens) Mulugeta, 7 Boonen, 7 Chalobah, 6 Hoilett, 6 Niang, 5(1pen) Berjulet, 5 Shokry, 5 Zouma, 4 Lucas Moura, 4 Rutkowski, 3 Agosto, 3 Bonimeier, 2 Ramsey, 1 Cleison, 1 Kubicek, 5 Own Goals

END OF SEASON AWARDS
English Players Player of the Year - Neymar
Golden Glove - Jack Butland
Manager of the Year
Team of the Year - Butland, Chalobah, Vrsaljko, Walcott, Neymar

A MEMORABLE 4-3 WIN OVER MAN UTD WITH SHEARER SHOWING KEANE WHO'S THE MAN!!!!!
Newcastle United - Manchester U / 2001 - 2002 - YouTube

images

Mancini back at Man City as part of the managerial merry-go-round
Lyon win the Europa League
Southampton, Leicester and Ipswich promoted

FIRST TEAM PLAYERS
View attachment 263600
Lucas Moura and Hoilett were disappointing while Neymar and Walcott were good

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR
NEYMAR
images

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
COSIMO ACCORDINO
View attachment 263601

LEAGUES AROUND EUROPE
View attachment 263602View attachment 263610View attachment 263611View attachment 263612View attachment 263603View attachment 263604View attachment 263605View attachment 263606View attachment 263607View attachment 263608View attachment 263609

FEEDER CLUB WATCH
Good news here! Gateshead finished a fantastic 13th in the Championship (will post domestic league tables at start of next season so peeps can see where teams are) and Carlisle will once again ply their trade in the Championship after winning League 2.

St.Johnstone struggled as usual and so did Fenerbahce who didnt even qualify for Europe. Better news in Belgium though as Genk came runners-up to qualify for the Champions League!

I suggested to the board that we get Athletic Bilbao as a feeder side but they said no!!

----------------------

NEXT UP IS THE WORLD CUP

great read, great success a little to easy maybe lol. Im doing a Newcastle save finished 3rd in my first season 3 points behind man u who were top and 1 behind chelsea lo also won the capital one cup / how long dd it take you to win league thinking my aim is to get closer in my second season and establish my team as a top 4 team. also to enjoy the champions league experience lol

Back