Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
yeah thats the thing I am beginning to question the validity of fmscout, as to give aitor lower is ridiculous, i think mbaye niang has developed very well in my save altho I did just have to tell him off (so to speak) prior to sending you that screenie as he dipped a bit mentally, but he is far outplaying falcao so im going to look to cash in on falcao at end of this season (3rd)...

images
images

AUGUST

Newcastle defeat Man City in the FA Community Shield
Man Utd thumped at Old Trafford
Lyon beaten in the European Super Cup
First match for Brazil see's us beat Spain

A decent start to the season but I am not happy with how the summer has gone. Mainly due to Genk cancelling our affiliation and now I have players without work permits (one a wonderkid) who I have tried to loan out or sell but no offers were made. I did sell Aussie Paul Waldron to Marseille for £10.75m (profit of £10.1m) and I noticed he had spent enough time in Belgium but didnt get his permit because he didnt learn the language!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRR

--------------

FA Community Shield
Manchester City 2-4 Newcastle United
Berjulet, Niang, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gunther

Newcastle United 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Santon, Neymar

Manchester United 1-3 Newcastle United
Neymar, Vrsaljko, Chalobah

UEFA European Super Cup
Newcastle United 2-0 Lyon
Neymar, Boonen

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NEYMAR

images

PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFERS OVER £10M
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]NAME
[/TD]
[TD]FROM
[/TD]
[TD]TO
[/TD]
[TD]FEE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stevan Jovetic
[/TD]
[TD]Fiorentina
[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham Hotspur
[/TD]
[TD]£27.5m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mesut Ozil
[/TD]
[TD]Real Madrid
[/TD]
[TD]Manchester City
[/TD]
[TD]£22.5m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Diego Polenta
[/TD]
[TD]Napoli
[/TD]
[TD]Manchester City
[/TD]
[TD]£17.25m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Carlos Fierro
[/TD]
[TD]Paris St.Germain
[/TD]
[TD]Manchester City
[/TD]
[TD]£17m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Filip Djuricic
[/TD]
[TD]Real Sociedad
[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea
[/TD]
[TD]£17m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Carlos Vela
[/TD]
[TD]Malaga
[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United
[/TD]
[TD]£16.5m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jordan Ayew
[/TD]
[TD]Marseille
[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]£14.75m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeffrey Bruma
[/TD]
[TD]Manchester City
[/TD]
[TD]Borussia Dortmund
[/TD]
[TD]£13.5m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gabriel Torje
[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea
[/TD]
[TD]Roma
[/TD]
[TD]£12.75m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Georgy Schennikov
[/TD]
[TD]Liverpool
[/TD]
[TD]Juventus
[/TD]
[TD]£12.75m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wojciech Szczesny
[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal
[/TD]
[TD]Valencia
[/TD]
[TD]£10.75m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Adam Campbell
[/TD]
[TD]Sheffield Wednesday
[/TD]
[TD]Reading
[/TD]
[TD]£10.75m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ray Skinner (regen)
[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United
[/TD]
[TD]FC Porto
[/TD]
[TD]£10.25m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mauricio Veron (regen)
[/TD]
[TD]Real Betis
[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham Hotspur
[/TD]
[TD]£10m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

------------------

images

FRIENDLY

Brazil 1-0 Spain
Neymar

A decent enough first game in charge. Hard to pick a squad with so many good talented attacking midfielders and forwards.

Last edited:
your game seems to involve so much higher transfer fees than mine does, and better regens do you think this could be due to the fact that you are using the lfc marshall updated database? good start as brazil manager, how many years are you hoping to be there, im guessing until you win WC and Copa America?

your game seems to involve so much higher transfer fees than mine does, and better regens do you think this could be due to the fact that you are using the lfc marshall updated database? good start as brazil manager, how many years are you hoping to be there, im guessing until you win WC and Copa America?

Copa America is next summer and if I dont win it I will get sacked probably but I would probably leave anyway tbh. As for the transfer fee's I am not sure as I knew who the -10 players were before I started and they havent really moved and the -9s have developed quite well.

I think it changes game to game as in my Bilbao save Karim Rekik went to Real Madrid for £30m and in this save I couldnt get him to develop at all and he was sold for a pittance and is currently valued at £300k!

how did you know who the -10's 9's etc were, did you use database editor im guessing, are you using lfc marshalls?

how did you know who the -10's 9's etc were, did you use database editor im guessing, are you using lfc marshalls?

Yeah but I only downloaded the first one and then kept it up to date myself as I started this story after the 2nd update. For instance I made Gotze and Wilshere -10 while the -9s were pretty much the same.

As for Newcastle Campbell has always been a -9 while I signed Niang who is -9, Chamberlain -10. Neymar and Lucas were either -10 or with a really high PA. Ramsey used to be a -10 but wasnt in this database.

The only cheat I did was to make Faustino Asprilla a Newcastle scout at the start of the game - just for the **** of it!

Incidentally - while I was searching for my backroom staff for Brazil I found that Ronaldinho is a scout for Stoke and Luis Fabiano is a scout at the mighty Hitchin Town! lol

what the ****, in my game presently as atletico madrid ronaldinho is a scout, but at sao paulo, tried to sign him, he wouldnt even negotiate... how are your coaching stars for each category, im desperately trying to get 5* in each category got 3 more to go, tactics, shooting and attacking... have you ever achieved it?

Never have I achieved it!
View attachment 263815

My coaches at the moment are -

Assistant Manager - Dave Watson
First Team Coaches - Steve Stone, Francesco Totti, David Platt, Amauri, Rene Meulensteen, Eddie Niedzwiecki, Warren Joyce
Coaches - David Wright, Aleksandar Vasoski, Neil Roberts, Paul McGuinness, Alex Inglethorpe, Fabricio Coloccini, Andy Cole, Phil Cannon, Massimo Bonini, Robbie Blake
Goalkeeper Coaches - Mark Morris, Dean Kiely, Inaki Bergara
Fitness Coaches - Paul Winsper, Adrian Lamb, Mark Hulse, Francisco Ayestran
Youth Coaches - John Murtough, Tosh Farrell, Willie McStay, Joe Joyce, Mick Halsall, Luke Hobbs
Physios - Derek Wright, Nick Worth, Steve Whitehall, Les Parry, Lieven Maesschalck, Gary Lewin, David Fevre
Scouts - Demba Ba, Faustino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, David Williams, Martin Waldron, Jeff Vetere, Samuel Pedroso, Tom Vernon, Nils Schmaler, Arthur Numan, Ralph Nkomo, Ola Nilsson, Steve Nickson, Rob Newman, Paul Montgomery, Steve Martin, Christian Karembeu, Romeo Jozak, Daniel Karbassiyoon, Paul Johnson, Nicky Hammond, David Hamilton, Dave Fallows, Luciano D'Onofrio, Ian Barrigan, Antonio Fernandez

What I do with scouts is have a German scouting the Bundesliga, a Spaniard scouting Liga BBVA etc, and the others scouting their regions so Asprilla will scout South America, Nilsson Scandinavia, Nkomo Southern Africa etc.

if you want 5* GK coaches sign joop hiele, and theres another guy whose name slips my mind now but I shall drop you a PM later with details...

I just realised i forgot to set the individual training focus! Cheers! Coulda went the whole season without settting it there.

images

Bob Moncur with the Fairs Cup

SEPTEMBER

Newcastle's backup players thrash Stuttgart
Tunisian wonderkid gets a work permit for some reason!!!!
Demba Ba joins the scouting staff
Brazil win both friendlies

Another good month but I must admit the first tinges of boredom are creeping in. I will battle through it though. Was extremely pleased with the Stuttgart score though as we were 5-1 up at half-time and had 1 disallowed. Good results against Arsenal and Spurs followed.

I dont understand work permits. My Tunisian wonderkid didnt have a work permit and his contract was up at the end of the year. There was no way I was losing him on a free so I offered him a new deal and on accepting he got a work permit!!!! Here is his screenie -
View attachment 263832

--------------

Newcastle United 3-0 Bolton Wanderers
Chalobah, Shokry, Rutkowski

West Bromwich Albion 0-3 Newcastle United
Walcott 2, Duffy (og)

UEFA Champions League Group F

VfB Stuttgart 1-6 Newcastle United
Niang, Cleison 2, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rutkowski, Calvo

Newcastle United 3-0 Everton
Shokry, Neymar 2

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
Newcastle United 3-0 Arsenal
Cleison, Niang, Kubicek

Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United
Chalobah, Walcott

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NATHANIEL CHALOBAH
images

View attachment 263830

-------------

images

FRIENDLIES

Brazil 2-0 Poland
Fabio, Wolakiewicz (og)

Mexico 1-2 Brazil
Marcao, Ayala (og)

I dont understand work permits.

I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people with you on that one. I have never got them either and also had this happen to me a couple of times in FM. Never on FM12 but have had it on 10 & 11. Either way it has always gone in my favor and has done on yours. So always good to get yourself a wonderkid to keep. . . . He's still no Aitor though lol.

I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people with you on that one. I have never got them either and also had this happen to me a couple of times in FM. Never on FM12 but have had it on 10 & 11. Either way it has always gone in my favor and has done on yours. So always good to get yourself a wonderkid to keep. . . . He's still no Aitor though lol.

To be fair I could get a 14 year old with the same stats as Messi and I would probably prefer Aitor - Edwin Mulugeta I think is better than Aitor but he was signed so diminishes in my estimations lol

That Tunisian is amazing o.O

True but he is 7th/8th choice for both CM and AMC but I will still give him some game time probably.

I dont mind catching young players and them not playing as long as I develop them well and sell at a big profit. In this instance I signed the Tunisian for £575k and Napoli pulled out of a £10.25m deal because they have already signed 2 foreign players but that was when he didnt have a work permit.

Just realised I never did the top sixes so I will compensate and do the top 10s lol
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]CLUB[/TD]
[TD]RICHEST CLUB[/TD]
[TD]PLAYER[/TD]
[TD]NATION[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona (£1.24b)[/TD]
[TD]Messi (Barcelona)[/TD]
[TD]Brazil[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Newcastle United[/TD]
[TD]Real Madrid (£977m)[/TD]
[TD]Neymar (Newcastle)[/TD]
[TD]Italy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bayern Munich[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich (£599m)[/TD]
[TD]Mulugeta (Newcastle)[/TD]
[TD]Portugal[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD]Newcastle United (£471m)[/TD]
[TD]Gotze (Dortmund)[/TD]
[TD]Belgium[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Real Madrid[/TD]
[TD]Arsenal (£466m)[/TD]
[TD]Ozil (Man City)[/TD]
[TD]Argentina[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Inter Milan[/TD]
[TD]Man Utd (£404m)[/TD]
[TD]Fabregas (Barcelona)[/TD]
[TD]England[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]Atletico Madrid (£325m)[/TD]
[TD]Ronaldo (Real Madrid)[/TD]
[TD]France[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Manchester City[/TD]
[TD]Inter Milan (£320m)[/TD]
[TD]Pato (AC Milan)[/TD]
[TD]Nigeria[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FC Porto[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham (£313m)[/TD]
[TD]Zouma (Newcastle)[/TD]
[TD]Ukraine[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Corinthians[/TD]
[TD]Dortmund (£304m)[/TD]
[TD]Lucas Moura (Inter Milan)[/TD]
[TD]Holland[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Klippy, what are your thoughts on Lucas Moura? I've just signed him for my spurs story for £30 mil, is he worth it? Can you post a screenie of his stats?

Last edited:
Klippy, what are your thoughts on Lucas Moura? I've just signed him for my spurs story for £30 mil, is he worth it? Can you post a screenie of his stats?

£30m he is worth as he ends up being valued at that so it would cost you twice as much to get him when he has developed. I will quite happily post a screenie but his stats dropped big time when he broke his leg (hence why i sold him) so it is not a fair reflection really but if you still want it i can easily post it.

He had 1 amazing, 1 decent, 1 average and 1 poor season with me lol

Back