Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
images

AUGUST

Newcastle thrash WBA on first day of the season
Sparta Prague is our new feeder club
Papiss Cisse is finally delivering the goods - now for Badelj.......
Newcastle get a near impossible Champions League group

A fine month. We got off to a great start in the league by beating WBA 5-0 and even the defeat to Benfica was not bad as they also had one disallowed. Papiss Cisse then decided to go goal crazy, scoring 7 in 2 games. I thought I had mucked up against Benfica in the 2nd leg as I never did a teamtalk but it perversely worked!!!

Beating Benfica rewarded us with the group from **** in the Champions League as we will play Barcelona, Juventus and Hannover.

-----------

Newcastle United 5-0 West Bromwich Albion
Cabaye 2, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Niang

UEFA Champions League Play-Off 1st Leg

Benfica 2-1 Newcastle United
Ben Arfa

Wigan Athletic 2-3 Newcastle United
Cisse 3

UEFA Champions League Play-Off 2nd Leg
Newcastle United 6-0 Benfica
Cisse 4, Ba, Coloccini

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAPISS CISSE
images

4 games and 8 goals - nuff said

TOP 10 PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFERS
Gokhan Inler to Man Utd from Napoli for £20m
Mbark Boussoufa to Man Utd from Anzhi for £15.5m
Andre Ayew to Liverpool from Marseille for £15m

Neven Subotic to Spurs from Dortmund for £15m
Alvaro Pereira to Spurs from FC Porto for £14.5m
Aly Cissokho to Arsenal from Lyon for £11.5m
Robert Huth to AC Milan from Stoke for £10.25m
Selcuk Inan to Arsenal from Galatasaray for £9.5m
Stefan Radu to Wolves from Lazio for £8.75m
Joe Ledley to Arsenal from Celtic for £8.25m

Good to see you get £25mil for some of that deadwood. Good luck with that CL group, hopefully Juventus slip up against Hannover and you can sneak a place into the knockouts from 2nd place.

images

SEPTEMBER

Newcastle lose the European Super Cup to Bayern Munich
Then lose to Manchester City in the league
Then beat Juventus away with 10 men!
Full strength Newcastle lose to Man City's reserves and with it the Capital One Cup
Papiss Cisse has gone insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a tough month this was! We narrowly lost out in the Euro Super Cup - no shame there and then Man City got revenge from last seasons thrashings by thrashing ourselves! However in the next match we beat Juventus 3-1 away despite being down to ten men early on.

Our defence of the Capital One Cup ended against Man City where we were awful despite fielding a full strength side against their backup players (albeit Gomes, Lescott, Tevez, Milner, Barry, Toure and Dzeko played).

I was hoping to get nice and easy cup games to play my backup players but that hasnt happened. Grrrrrrrr.

Suppose I should mention Papiss Cisse who scored 9 goals during the month and already has 17 for the season - 1 short of last years tally. He also had 1 chalked off against Everton and has scored 3 hat-tricks in 5 league games and 1 in Europe!!!!

-----------

UEFA European Super Cup Final

Bayern Munich 2-1 Newcastle United
Kroos (og)

Manchester City 3-1 Newcastle United
Cisse

UEFA Champions League Group G

Juventus 1-3 Newcastle United
Cisse, Ben Arfa 2(1pen)

Newcastle United 4-1 Everton
Cisse 3, Hoilett

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle United

Stoke City 0-7 Newcastle United
Ba 2, Cisse 4, Cabaye

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAPISS CISSE
images

9 goals and 1 disallowed!!!!!!!

View attachment 259695

Im predicting 2nd this season for you mate. Great stuff as always

images

OCTOBER

Cisse sets up all 4 against Hannover
Then gets his 5th hat-trick of the season over West Ham
Paris St.Germain keep bidding for Yohan Cabaye
Arsenal offer me Chamberlain for £115m!!!!!!!

Loads of goals this month. Cisse provided all four against Hannover and then got a hat-trick over West Ham. We got a great win over Chelsea and a decent draw against Arsenal as we were 3-1 down at half-time.

Barcelona tought us a lesson though as they put 6 past us with Messi getting a hat-trick. We got lucky against Villa as Agbonlahor had a goal disallowed on 87min and he scored an own goal 2min later!

-----------

Newcastle United 4-0 Hannover
Ba 2, Ben Arfa, Badelj

Newcastle United 4-2 West Ham United
Cisse 3, Vuckic

Newcastle United 2-0 Chelsea
Niang, Ba

Newcastle United 4-4 Arsenal
Cabaye 2(1pen), Vuckic, Ben Arfa

Barcelona 6-2 Newcastle United
Bonucci, Cisse

Aston Villa 1-2 Newcastle United
Bonucci, Agbonlahor (og)

Swansea City 1-3 Newcastle United
Hoilett, Ben Arfa, Bonucci

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEONARDO BONUCCI

images

View attachment 259770

Bonucci got the official award also while I got manager of the month

done better vs bacelona then i did (lost 12-0 to them once when i was man utd lol I did beat them in the 2nd leg 1-0)

images

I would kill for one of these!!!!!!

NOVEMBER

Newcastle draw 3-3 with Barcelona
Bonucci scores own goals in 2 successive games
Man Utd offered us Ashley Young for £7m
Newcastle are through in the Champions League

A good month I suppose. It started off brilliantly with the win over Bolton and then over Barca we went 2 up and then 3-2 down before we equalised in the last minute. We got a last minute win over QPR and then we had 3 big games.

Against Man Utd we took the lead and looked set to win until Bonucci put through his own net and then against Liverpool we were facing a draw and then Bonucci decided to score another own goal!

We beat Juventus to qualify for the next stage in the Champions League. If Barca fail to win against Juve and we beat Hannover we will top the group!

---------------

Newcastle United 5-0 Bolton Wanderers
Marveaux, Ben Arfa 2, Cisse, Niang

Newcastle United 3-3 Barcelona
Cisse 2, Ben Arfa (pen)

Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Newcastle United
Ba, Hoilett

Newcastle United 1-1 Manchester United
Bonucci

Liverpool 1-0 Newcastle United

Newcastle United 2-1 Juventus
Cabaye, Vuckic

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HATEM BEN ARFA

images

View attachment 259858

Last edited:
Your player of the month award clearly got to Bonucci's head or he got some stick for being the manager's pet so had to do something about it! Haha

Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal
Newcastle 5-0 Bolton
Where have I seen those results before ;)

Dont know about the 5-0 Bolton one but certainly the 4-4 rings a bell - methinks a video will be added now!

As AnthonyUK pointed out - we have seen a 4-4 draw with Arsenal before - now even if I do another 20 years (like I did with Bilbao) I doubt I will get another 4-4 draw with Arsenal so here is 2 belated videos. The Sky Sports News one is funny!

[video=youtube;lFgKBy6USjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgKBy6USjY[/video]

Arsenal v Newcastle 4 4 The Comeback - YouTube

images

A stocking filler since its xmas time

DECEMBER

Newcastle drawn against Marseille in the Champions League
Bolton Wanderers away in 3rd round of the FA Cup
Cisse grabs another hat-trick
Halfway through and top of the league - can/will we do it?

A decent month I suppose. Started off with a bang as we scored 5 in each of our first 2 games of the month but then my backup players got beat comfortably by Hannover. Papiss Cisse got another 4 goal haul against Southampton (will miss him shortly due to the African Nations Cup) and then we dropped points against Wolves and Spurs.

Cant decide if I will be disappointed if we dont win the league or not. If Cisse keeps this up then we have a great chance but otherwise I am not sure.

-----------

Newcastle United 5-1 Fulham
Hoilett 2, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Tiote

Newcastle United 5-0 Burnley
Cabaye 2, Bonucci, Cisse 2

Hannover 3-1 Newcastle United
Niang

Southampton 2-4 Newcastle United
Cisse 4

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United
Bonucci

Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Newcastle United

West Bromwich Albion 0-3 Newcastle United
Olsson (og), Ben Arfa (pen), Vuckic

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAPISS CISSE

images

dont want to be boring and give him it every month (like Aitor in my Bilbao save) but I cant ignore 7 goals!

View attachment 259909

images

JANUARY

Newcastle thrash Bolton in FA Cup
Games against Chelsea and Man City only see's 1pt gained
Cisse, Ba and Tiote off on international duty
Newcastle get tough FA Cup draw - Man City away

A decent month I suppose. It started off well with plenty of goals going in but then our African players left us and we began to struggle. Chelsea thumped us and then we got a fair point against Man City before struggling against Stoke. Finished off the month with a good win over Everton though.

I brought in 2 young regens and sent them packing to Genk to get their work permits. If they dont make it here I will at least be able to sell them on for a decent profit.

I rejected several bids - £30m for Cabaye, £20m for Ramsay, £6m for Christou and even had loan offers for Coloccini and Gosling. I am happy with my squad but with my £16m budget I dont have enough to get a player to take us to the next level (Rossi, Lucas Moura - you know the type!).

View attachment 259928
View attachment 259929

---------------

Newcastle United 5-0 Wigan Athletic
Bonucci, Ba, Hoilett 2, Niang

FA Cup 3rd Round

Bolton Wanderers 1-7 Newcastle United
Cisse 2, Wheater (og), Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Badelj, Vuckic

Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle United

Newcastle United 1-1 Manchester City
Hoilett

Newcastle United 1-0 Stoke City
Shawcross (og)

Everton 1-3 Newcastle United
Niang, Taylor, Campbell

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JUNIOR HOILETT
images

View attachment 259927

TOP JANUARY TRANSFERS
Glen Johnson to Man City from Liverpool £12.25m
Pablo Armero to Liverpool from Udinese £10m
Stanislau Drahun to Southampton from Besiktas for £7.75m
Thomas Enevoldsen to Stoke from Mechelen for £7.5m

Javier Pinola to Chelsea from Nurnberg £7.25m

Great story, I've been following since the start. I just wondered with your Bilbao save you set yourself objective of only signing basque players. I this something your looking to set once winning the league and champions league becomes fairly easy? or are you looking to have a good scouting network to cherrypick and help produce the best youth in the world?

P.s. Love the input of videos, as a spurs fan I particulary loved the 4-4 recap.... good times :)

Great story, I've been following since the start. I just wondered with your Bilbao save you set yourself objective of only signing basque players. I this something your looking to set once winning the league and champions league becomes fairly easy? or are you looking to have a good scouting network to cherrypick and help produce the best youth in the world?

P.s. Love the input of videos, as a spurs fan I particulary loved the 4-4 recap.... good times :)

Cheers - with Bilbao I had no choice with my transfer policy but here I can do anything I suppose. I have found 2 great regens which I could get if I spend £15m but I am reluctant to do so. Developing youth is the key though and want to see how Campbell, Christou, Redmond etc develop

Back