Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
I'm starting to think you love being able to spend money on any players. Don't think I have ever seen a £17 million buying period for you. Loving the story though, keep it up.

I'm starting to think you love being able to spend money on any players. Don't think I have ever seen a £17 million buying period for you. Loving the story though, keep it up.

Yeah - its not quite a scattergun approach but after so long only buying 6 players I am certainly enjoying it. However I really want to develop Campbell, Butland, Redmond and Vuckic so I expect to sell loads in the summer. Probably Obertan, Badelj (who has been awful), Amalfitano, Marveaux although all those have played well apart from Badelj.

images

FEBRUARY

Newcastle win first major silverware since 1969!!!!!
Rubin Kazan defeated in Europe - Lille up next
Newcastle looking good for Champions League next season
Mike Phelan is the new Reading manager

Stuart fails to get the jobs as Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Tunisia manager

A great month - aided by the fact that we had loads of home games where only Inter Milan have beaten us this season. Against WBA we had 4 players taken off injured (Gutierrez out for 3 months) and scored 2 own goals but still won.

The game against Arsenal was key as defeat would suck us back into the pack but a win would give us breathing room for a Champions League spot and we came from behind to win thanks to Marveaux's late goal. I played my backup players against Rubin and we scraped through as we were 2 down in the 1st leg and 1 down in the 2nd.

Finally in the Capital One Cup final we battered Everton. We took an early lead and then Cabaye had a penalty saved yet after an hour Victor Anichebe had put Everton 2-1 up with their only shots on goal (Kruls rating was 5.40 at this point!). We continued to press though and Cisse got his 2nd before Marveaux netted another late winner.

I got offered 4 SPL clubs as a feeder side but not Aberdeen who dont have a parent club yet so I refused. Was offered Dundee United, St.Johnstone, Dunfermline and Inverness CT.

-----------

Newcastle United 5-2 West Bromwich Albion
Cabaye (pen), R.Taylor, Marveaux, Bonucci, Cisse

Newcastle United 3-0 Southampton
Ramsey, Hoilett, Ben Arfa

Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal
Bonucci, Marveaux

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg

Newcastle United 3-2 Rubin Kazan
Niang, Gosling, Amalfitano

Newcastle United 4-0 Everton
Cisse 2, Ben Arfa, Yobo (og)

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Rubin Kazan 1-2 Newcastle United
Amalfitano, Tiote

Capital One Cup Final
Newcastle United 3-2 Everton
Cisse 2, Marveaux

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AARON RAMSEY

images

1 goal and 5 assists - keeping Tiote out of the side! - also got young player of the month

View attachment 259417

images

MARCH

Injuries mount up but so do the goals and wins!!
After defeating Lille, Newcastle face Liverpool in Europa League semis
A very decent youth intake was had!!!!
Title dream is over thanks to Liverpool
Norwich and Reading are relegated

A fine month with a disappointing end. In the league we kept a great run going to 8 wins and a draw out of 9 (averaging 3 goals a game) but then lost to Liverpool to end our outside chance of winning the title. It was disappointing since we dominated the game.

Better news in the European front though as we beat Lille thanks to a last minute goal in the 1st leg and recovered from 2 down in the 2nd leg to go through. Tim Krul also saved a last minute penalty which would have knocked us out. Next up was Liverpool and we beat them comfortably in the 1st leg which should see us through.

Athletic Bilbao are in the opposite side of the draw!!!!!

Had more injuries though as Cisse, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez, Marveaux and Badelj have all been out. However good news to that was our youth intake with a couple of decent players and 1 funnily named player from Swaziland called Comfort Tsabedze! High hopes for Appleyard and Christou.
View attachment 259435
View attachment 259439View attachment 259438View attachment 259437View attachment 259436

-----------

Newcastle United 3-0 Norwich City
Ramsey, Cabaye, Coloccini

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg

Lille 0-1 Newcastle United
Niang

Queens Park Rangers 3-3 Newcastle United
Ba, Ben Arfa, Cisse

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Newcastle United 2-2 Lille
Ba, Santon

Newcastle United 3-0 Reading
Coloccini, Ba, S.Taylor

Stoke City 1-3 Newcastle United
Niang 3

Newcastle United 3-2 Fulham
Ba, Ramsey, Campbell

UEFA Europa League QF 1st Leg
Newcastle United 2-0 Liverpool
Agger (og), Ba

Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United
Niang

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DEMBA BA
images

(Yohan Cabaye got the official award)

View attachment 259440

Last edited:
Looking comfortable in 4th place, also looking like you might be through to the semi's of the Europa League!

Brilliant bunch of 15 year old kids there! Brilliant potential. Also, why are you wanting a partnership with Aberdeen?

Looking comfortable in 4th place, also looking like you might be through to the semi's of the Europa League!

Brilliant bunch of 15 year old kids there! Brilliant potential. Also, why are you wanting a partnership with Aberdeen?

Come from Aberdeenshire and they are my favourite Scottish team so thats the only reason

I didnt read your Bilbao story but this story is great!

images

APRIL - PREMIER LEAGUE REVIEW

Newcastle thump Manchester City 5-1
Derby day win over Sunderland sends them down
Newcastle one of 4 teams with a chance of the title on last day but...
Manchester City win the title
Newcastle to play Spurs in Europa League Final
U18 and reserve sides win their leagues

Mixed emotions here. The league defeat against Liverpool was followed by one against Villa and it looked as though Man Utd may catch us but then we destroyed Man City 5-1!!! Things got better when our win over Sunderland sent them down and going into the last day we were one of 4 teams with a chance of the title unfortunately even though we won we still finished 4th.

We are through to the Europa League final however to face Spurs who deserve to get thrashed 999-0 for knocking out Bilbao!!!

-----------

UEFA Europa League QF 2nd Leg

Liverpool 1-3 Newcastle United
Vuckic, Niang, Bonucci

Aston Villa 2-1 Newcastle United
Niang

Newcastle United 5-1 Manchester City
Ba 2, Ramsey, Hoilett, Vuckic

UEFA Europa League SF 1st Leg

Schalke 0-3 Newcastle United
Niang 3(1pen)

Sunderland 0-1 Newcastle United
Vuckic

UEFA Europa League SF 2nd Leg
Newcastle United 2-2 Schalke
Ba 2

Newcastle United 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Cisse, Ramsey

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
M'BAYE NIANG

images

(Vrsaljko won young player of the month)

View attachment 259454View attachment 259456View attachment 259455

My league scorers were:
11 Cisse, 11 S.Taylor, 10 Ba, 6(1pen) Cabaye, 5 Gutierrez, 5 Hoilett, 5 Niang, 5 Ramsey, 4 Ben Arfa, 4 Bonucci, 3 Coloccini, 2 Gosling, 2 Marveaux, 2 Vuckic, 1 Amalfitano, 1 Campbell, 1 R.Taylor, 1 Williamson, 4 Own Goals

Dan Gosling got goal of the season so that warrants a video in my book lol
[video=youtube;Web7MynsYyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Web7MynsYyU[/video]

Brilliant, can't wait for next season, you'll deffo win the league

loving this story must have read the bilbao one sooo many times, never lose interest, keep it up klippybo!

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

Newcastle win thrilling Europa League final
Newcastle finally get confirmed Champions League spot because.....
Bayern Munich beat Man Utd in Champions League final
Chelsea win the FA Cup by beating Fulham
SJP to be extended by 6,250 seats plus youth and training facilities upgraded

Wolves, Bolton and Burnley promoted

What a final! We took the lead and seemed to have everything under control but Spurs levelled with 3min left through Luka Modric. So we went to extra time and Spurs took the lead through Leandro Damiao who became the competitions top scorer with 14 goals.

Not for long though as sub Niang levelled the scoreline with his 14th of the tournament also and then fellow substitute Haris Vuckic netted the winner!!!!!!!!!!

-----------

UEFA Europa League Final

Tottenham Hotspur 2-3 Newcastle United
Ramsey, Niang, Vuckic

--------------

MAIN PLAYERS 2011-12

View attachment 259484

M'Baye Niang my top scorer in all comps would you believe!!!!!!

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR
YOHAN CABAYE

images

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
M'BAYE NIANG

images

LEAGUES AROUND EUROPE

View attachment 259485View attachment 259486View attachment 259487View attachment 259488View attachment 259489View attachment 259490View attachment 259491View attachment 259492View attachment 259493View attachment 259494View attachment 259495

AFFILIATED CLUB WATCH
Domestically Carlisle lost out in the playoffs in League One and Gateshead finished second in the BSP but also lost out in the playoffs. The so near and so far feeling stretched all the way to Belgium as Genk finished top of the table after the regular season but still lost out after the league split.

AND FINALLY

Newcastle have won the Europa League before you know - well the European Fairs Cup as it was known back then after beating Ujpest Doza over two legs
[video=youtube;U019uK_M0jI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U019uK_M0jI[/video]

Hey Klippy loving this story, your Bilbao one was the best ive read this isnt too far behind! Keep it up great season your will be dominating in no time! How did Genk come top and not win the league? and your youth intake: Appleyard is decent isnt he, next gascoigne maybe??! Keep it up mate!

Hey Klippy loving this story, your Bilbao one was the best ive read this isnt too far behind! Keep it up great season your will be dominating in no time! How did Genk come top and not win the league? and your youth intake: Appleyard is decent isnt he, next gascoigne maybe??! Keep it up mate!

At the end of the season they go into a Championship group to decide who wins the title. Will try and get Appleyard through but it will be tough. I am loving the left back more!

Brilliant story, loving every update, well done on the Europa league mate, keep it up!

images

PRE SEASON

(up to first day of the season)

Spain beat France 1-0 in the Euros final
Newcastle to play Benfica in Champions League qualifier
Bids rejected for Cabaye, Ba, Hoilett, Ramsey, Tiote, Vuckic, Gosling......
Young Andreas Christou promoted to the first team squad

SEASON AIMS
To finish in the top four
Win another cup
Get to knockout stage of Champions League

PLAYERS IN
Nobody huge (up til the first game of the season - things could change). Yaya Sanogo was brought in on a free as was Robbie Cotton from Blackburn and Marc Muniesa from Barcelona. Other than that it was a few regens -
View attachment 259619View attachment 259620View attachment 259621View attachment 259622
We failed to get Giovinco from Juventus as he signed for Marseille for £7.25m and I made enquiries for Lucas Moura, Rodwell and Rossi but the fees quoted were far too much.
TOTAL SPENT: £5m

PLAYERS OUT

Gabriel Obertan to Chievo £6.5m
Ryan Taylor to Swansea £5m
Mike Williamson to Norwich £5m
Sammy Ameobi to Derby £2.6m
Romain Amalfitano to Derby £2.5m
Xisco to Sampdoria £2.2m
Patrick van Aanholt to Bari £675,000
Rob Elliot to Southampton £190,000
Shola Ameobi to Swansea Free
And 12 players out on loan

Quite a few left although only 4 who featured regularly last term. Tried to offload Jonas Gutierrez as his stats took a big drop due to his injury but no takers so far. Rejected bids of £20m for Cabaye, £17m for Ramsey, £12m for Ba and £11m for Hoilett and Tiote. Plus several other bids for other players.
TOTAL INCOME: £25m

SQUAD SUMMARY

As with Bilbao I will do a one in one out policy. In for Ryan Taylor is 16y/o left back Christou while Nathan Redmond will take Obertan's squad place and Haris Vuckic will take Amalfitano's. Hopefully the likes of Redmond, Sanogo, Campbell, Christou, Butland, Muniesa and King will get quite a bit of playing time.

STAFF IN
Former San Marino manger Bonomi has come in as a coach while former Tranmere manager Les Parry has come in as a physio. I have also added former Newcastle striker and former number 9 hero Andrew Cole to the coaching staff.
[video=youtube;X2CnxRfSJUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CnxRfSJUE[/video]

Last edited:
Back