Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
images

FEBRUARY

Newcastle put 4 past Man City to dump them out of the cup
Newcastle recover from 2 down to get a point against Arsenal
Newcastle's youngsters win the u19 Champions Cup
Santon out for a few months so 16y/o Christou gets his chance

A good month all round. We destroyed Man City in the cup and it set the tone for the rest of the month as we battered everyone - apart from Arsenal! We were poor in that game and didnt deserve the point we ended up with but dare I say that is a sign of a championship winning team.

Against Marseille we had over 25 shots on goal as they went down to 10 men so I am a bit annoyed we didnt kill them off with a big first leg lead.

------------

FA Cup 4th Round

Newcastle United 4-0 Manchester City
Cisse 2, Hoilett, Bonucci

West Ham United 1-4 Newcastle United
Cisse 2, Ben Arfa, Hoilett

Newcastle United 3-1 Swansea City
Ben Arfa, Niang 2

Arsenal 2-2 Newcastle United
Ben Arfa 2

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

Newcastle United 1-0 Marseille
Hoilett

FA Cup 5th Round

Newcastle United 2-1 West Bromwich Albion
Cisse 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HATEM BEN ARFA

images

View attachment 259972

images

MARCH

Newcastle lose huge match to Man Utd but stay top
Marseille despatched - FC Porto next!!
Spurs defeat Arsenal in Capital One Cup final
Newcastle get Gamba Osaka as a feeder club

Its getting interesting!!!! We edged quite a few of the games this month until we faced Man Utd. We have had a few injuries also so maybe thats effecting us a bit. Fortunately the week before we played Man Utd Burnley beat them 4-1 so we end the month still on top on goal difference. Papiss Cisse has scored 2 goals in every round of the FA Cup by the way.

This years youth intake was ok - here are the best 3
View attachment 260122View attachment 260124View attachment 260123

------------

Newcastle United 2-1 Aston Villa
Cisse, Cabaye

Bolton Wanderers 1-3 Newcastle United
Ben Arfa 2, Cisse

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Marseille 1-1 Newcastle United (aet)
Bonucci

FA Cup QF

Newcastle United 2-0 Stoke City
Cisse 2

Newcastle United 1-0 Queens Park Rangers
Niang (pen)

Manchester United 2-1 Newcastle United
Campbell

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEVEN TAYLOR

images

no stand outs but he has performed well as an emergency rb

View attachment 260125

Hatem Ben Arfa got goal of the month for his strike against Bolton - maybe like this one?
[video=youtube;tlSPCVA7dYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSPCVA7dYk[/video]

images

APRIL

The title is almost ours
So is the FA Cup!!!!
Will have to wait and see about the Champions League though
Cisse grabs another hat-trick (lost count now)

A packed month with some vital games see's us on the brink of glory. In the league we narrowly beat Liverpool before thumping Fulham and Southampton. I took a risk and played a weakened side against Burnley and we just edged it to finish the month 3pts clear with 2 games left - both at home.

In the FA Cup we took an early lead but Cisse then got himself sent-off. We were 2-1 down with 15min to go but somehow we scored 3 late goals despite not playing with a striker! Aston Villa await in the final.

In the Champions League we sneaked past FC Porto before we came up against Arsenal where we were awful. I was quite happy at 2-1 down as we were sooooooooo poor but Lukas Podolski scored a last minute penalty to grab his hat-trick. Not quite mission impossible but almost.

------------

Newcastle United 2-1 Liverpool
Ben Arfa, Coloccini

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

FC Porto 2-1 Newcastle United
Cisse

Fulham 2-5 Newcastle United
Cisse 3, Hoilett, Redmond

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg

Newcastle United 1-0 FC Porto
Ben Arfa
(Newcastle win on away goals)

Newcastle United 5-0 Southampton
Vrsaljko, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Ba 2

FA Cup SF
Tottenham Hotspur 2-4 Newcastle United
Taylor, Ben Arfa, Santon, Hoilett

Burnley 0-1 Newcastle United
Ba

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Arsenal 3-1 Newcastle United
Taylor

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HATEM BEN ARFA

images

Sime Vrsaljko won young player of the month and I got manager of the month

View attachment 260141

Wow City have slipped off the pace massively!! Can't believe you're going to win the league already!!!

images
images

MAY - PREMIER LEAGUE REVIEW

Newcastle win the league and cup double
Arsenal eliminate us from the Champions League
u18 and reserve sides win their leagues
Jonas Gutierrez agrees to leave for Bayer Leverkusen

A decent end to the season. We comfortably beat Wolves and that was enough to claim the title as Man City beat Man Utd the next day. Despite dominating against Arsenal we couldnt find the net so there was no Champions League glory to be had but there was in the FA Cup where we easily beat Aston Villa.

We wrapped up the season with a win over Spurs despite me playing a backup side. After the game AVB got sacked and I got linked with the job but obviously I am not interested in it!

I have finally managed to agree the sale of Jonas Gutierrez. He will join Bayer Leverkusen for £3.2m. There will probably be a few other departures with the likes of Dawson, Marveaux, Sanogo and a few others likely to leave. I dont envisage big changes in the summer - depends on how generous Mr.Ashley will be.

-----------------

Newcastle United 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Ben Arfa, Niang, Ba

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Newcastle United 0-0 Arsenal

FA Cup Final
Newcastle United 3-0 Aston Villa
Hoilett, Niang, Bent (og)

Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Tiote, Dawson (og)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHEICK TIOTE
images

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 260162

View attachment 260163View attachment 260164

MY LEAGUE SCORERS
31 Cisse, 16(1pen) Ben Arfa, 10 Hoilett, 9 Ba, 9(1pen) Niang, 8(1pen) Cabaye, 6 Bonucci, 3 Vuckic, 2 Campbell, 2 Tiote, 1 Coloccini, 1 Marveaux, 1 Vrsaljko, 1 Redmond, 1 Taylor, 4 Own Goals

PREMIER LEAGUE AWARDS

Footballer of the Year: Hatem Ben Arfa
Players Player of the Year: Yohan Cabaye
Players Young Player of the Year: Junior Hoilett
Top Scorer: Papiss Cisse
Goal of the Season: Yohan Cabaye
Manager of the Year

THE END OF SEASON POST WILL BE NEXT WITH OTHER LEAGUE TABLES, MY SQUAD STATS AND THE EUROPEAN FINALS

images

END OF SEASON

Arsenal beat Barcelona 6-0 in the Champions League final
AC Milan beat Atletico Madrid in Europa League final
Newcastle manager offered and rejects the Spurs job
Sunderland, Norwich City and Leeds United get promoted

SQUAD STATS

View attachment 260166

Cisse, Hoilett and Ben Arfa are the obvious stand outs while Aaron Ramsey not scoring a goal in over 50 games is shocking!!!!!!

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR
PAPISS CISSE

images

Between Papiss and Hatem but Papiss wins it for the amount of hat-tricks scored

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
ANDREAS CHRISTOU

View attachment 260167
Did a fine job in the second half of the season for being such a young a player

LEAGUES AROUND EUROPE
View attachment 260168View attachment 260170View attachment 260171View attachment 260172View attachment 260173View attachment 260174View attachment 260175View attachment 260176View attachment 260177View attachment 260178View attachment 260169

Milan Badelj won the award for scoring the best goal of the Champions League and I presume Papiss Cisse will win the European Golden Boot. I forgot to mention he won the African Footballer of the Year award.

FEEDER CLUB WATCH

Genk won the league in Belgium while Carlisle United finished 9th in League 1. Good news for Gateshead though as they won promotion to league 2. Havent loaded up the Czech or Japanese leagues so dont know how good Sparta Prague and Gamba Osaka have done.

Last edited:
Congrats on the league and cup double :) Pretty impressive for your second season in charge :P Unlukcy with the Champions League as well as I thought you might have been able to get past Arsenal but that's football. How long do you reckon until you're winning the Champions League?

Congrats on the league and cup double :) Pretty impressive for your second season in charge :P Unlukcy with the Champions League as well as I thought you might have been able to get past Arsenal but that's football. How long do you reckon until you're winning the Champions League?

Dont know - would like to win it within 3 years but my main focus is on winning the league every year. We will see!

Great story as ever! Well done on winning the league. Seemed a lot easier than when you was Bilbao.

Great story as ever! Well done on winning the league. Seemed a lot easier than when you was Bilbao.

Took me 3 years before I felt I had a good enough team to challenge the big two in Spain as Barca and Real are so way ahead of everyone else. If I was Atletico Madrid I would fancy myself winning the Spanish league in the 1st 2 years. Think it took me 5 with Bilbao

images

PRE-SEASON

(Up until the day of the Community Shield)

Newcastle splash out nearly £60m on transfers - breaking their transfer record twice
And take in half that amount (so much for the quiet summer)
Rumours of a takeover possibly happening!!!!!!

AIMS
Retain the title - anything else is a bonus really
Give the youngsters more game time

PLAYERS IN

Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo for £22m
Jack Rodwell from Everton for £19m
Shinji Kagawa from Man Utd for £8.75m
Nathaniel Chalobah from Chelsea for £5.75m
Plus a shed load of regens.......

Couldnt resist it. I had to choose between Muniain and Lucas Moura and chose the Brazilian because I never had him before. I brought in Rodwell as he has done well in previous saves for me and I brought in Kagawa as he was going cheap and he adds extra revenue. Just waiting on the Chalobah deal to be confirmed - he will be a great player!

Brought in 8 regens on frees etc - some just to be loaned out and sold for a profit. Here are the ones I am planning on keeping.
View attachment 260263View attachment 260264View attachment 260265View attachment 260266

Deals I pulled out of apart from Muniain was Ashley Young (£3.5m), Fernando Torres (£4m) and a regen cm for £8m.

PLAYERS OUT

Demba Ba to Paris SG for £10.5m
Milan Badelj to FC Porto for £9.75m
Yaya Sanogo to Udinese for £3.8m
Jonas Gutierrez to Leverkusen for £3.2m
James Tavernier to Reading for £975,000
Sylvain Marveaux on loan to Norwich for £750,000
Plus 16 other players out on loan

Wasnt planning on selling Demba but PSG put in a decent offer so off he went. Sold Badelj to make room for Rodwell at a profit of £5m. Sanogo missed half of last season through injury and his stats dropped so was delighted with the £3.8m.

SUMMARY
Interesting choices to be made. Rodwell or Ramsey? Lucas Moura or Kagawa for the LW spot? Will try and play Jack Butland more as he is a wonderkid (along with Lucas Moura and Niang) while I will consider loaning out the likes of Campbell and Vuckic in January depending on how many games they have played.

TAKEOVER NEWS!!!!!

images

Apparently a consortium is speaking to fat Mike to take over the club. Could be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!

images

AUGUST

Newcastle win the FA Community Shield on penalties
We struggle past Swansea but perform brilliantly against Liverpool
Takeover deal collapses as Diego Simeone was linked with my job
Champs Lge draw - AC Milan, Schalke and our feeder side Genk lol
Newcastle to play Blackburn away in the League Cup

Another trophy collected!!! This time against Carlo Ancelotti's Arsenal. We dominated throughout (Rodwell taken off injured 2min into his debut) and took the lead with 3min left but Arsenal equalised in stoppage time. The first four penalties in the shootout were all missed but the next eleven were all scored but substitute keeper Jack Butland saved from Chamberlain to give us the cup/shield/trophy thingy!!!

We kicked off our defence of the title with a narrow win over Swansea where we scored a late winner but should have scored about half a dozen beforehand anyway. That was followed by a great result at Anfield so I am chuffed with the start to the season we have made.

Worrying news however was the fact that Diego Simeone was meant to be getting my job. Surely not! Although I have had takeovers in previous saves threatening my position I have never lost my job before so fingers crossed!!!!!! In the end the takeover collapsed but it may rear its head again.

------------

FA Community Shield

Newcastle United 1-1 Arsenal
Niang
(Newcastle United won 6-5 on penalties)

Newcastle United 2-1 Swansea City
Hoilett, Santon

Liverpool 1-3 Newcastle United
Cisse 2, Redmond

---------------

LITTLE POINT DOING A PLAYER OF THE MONTH OR SHOWING THE LEAGUE TABLE ALTHOUGH I DID GET MANAGER OF THE MONTH

-----------------

TOP 10 PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFERS

(not including Newcastle)
Ryad Boudebouz to Spurs from Sochaux for £17m
Ibrahim Afellay to Spurs from FC Porto for £16.75m
Walter Montillo to Arsenal from Cruzeiro for £14.75m
Ryan Shawcross to Spurs from Stoke City for £14.5m
Georginio Wijnaldum to Arsenal from PSV for £14.5m
Bryan Ruiz to Man Utd from Fulham for £14.25m

Ali Ahamada to Spurs from Toulouse for £14m
Mehdi Benatia to Arsenal from Udinese for £10.25m
John Heitinga to Arsenal from Everton for £9.75m
Drissa Diakite to Stoke City from Nice for £9m

images

SEPTEMBER

Lucas Moura scores on his debut
Backup players crush Blackburn in the League Cup
We get drawn against Ipswich at home in the next round
I get offered the Croatia job - which I rejected

Our great start to the season continues. Against Wolves BOTH teams had over 20 shots but Niang struck late on to win it for us. Lucas Moura marked his debut against Schalke with a goal in a comfortable win and then we got a close win over WBA. We then destroyed Blackburn in the league cup with a really young side out and finished the month off with a win over QPR.

Decided to move Hoilett to LW, Ben Arfa to RW and Lucas Moura to AMC as that means they are all playing in their favoured positions. Havent decided on Ramsey or Rodwell yet though.

I got offered the job to become Croatia's manager but having looked at the group they hadnt won a game out of their 7 qualifiers so I said no thanks. Might get an international job in the next few months.

-----------

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Newcastle United
Niang

UEFA Champions League Group H

Newcastle United 4-1 Schalke
Niang, Cabaye, Hoilett, Lucas Moura

West Bromwich Albion 0-1 Newcastle United
Cisse

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Blackburn Rovers 1-6 Newcastle United
Vuckic 3(1pen), Chalobah, Taylor, Campbell

Newcastle United 2-0 Queens Park Rangers