Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
hi klippybo, any chance you can post a screenshot of your starting formation... How is Lucas Moura doing for you, I have just signed him for my AMC role, and he seems a bit inconsistent, 8.5 rating one game 6.5 the next...

hi klippybo, any chance you can post a screenshot of your starting formation... How is Lucas Moura doing for you, I have just signed him for my AMC role, and he seems a bit inconsistent, 8.5 rating one game 6.5 the next...

He hasnt done as well as I would have hoped but its his first season here and he has been injured a few times which has set him back a bit

View attachment 260753View attachment 260754

images

MARCH

Newcastle win the Capital One Cup
Barcelona knock out Newcastle of the Champions League
Domestic treble still on the cards though!!!!
Poor youth intake - one decent player only

Woooo! lol. Another trophy. We beat Alan Pardew's Fulham fairly comfortably although we were behind but then scored 3 quick goals and had 1 chalked off. We scored quite a few goals this month with Junior Hoilett scoring in every game he played. The amount of goals he gets from the wing is frightening.

There were some bad points though. We were unsurprisingly knocked out of the Champions League by Barca and also lost to Everton in the league. Also we had a pretty pathetic youth intake with only 1 decent player......

View attachment 260756

----------

Capital One Cup Final
Fulham 1-3 Newcastle United
Hoilett, Cisse 2

Newcastle United 4-1 Stoke City
Bonucci, Cisse, Hoilett 2

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg

Barcelona 1-1 Newcastle United
Hoilett

Norwich City 0-3 Newcastle United
Cisse 2, Hoilett

FA Cup QF
Newcastle United 4-0 Reading
Niang 2, Taylor, Connolly (og)

Newcastle United 5-0 Bolton Wanderers
Hoilett 2, Lucas Moura, Cisse, Cabaye

Everton 1-0 Newcastle United

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JUNIOR HOILETT

images

View attachment 260757

I think you should have accepted that bid from City for Cabaye, you could have easily gotten another quality CM for that price.

I think you should have accepted that bid from City for Cabaye, you could have easily gotten another quality CM for that price.

Maybe but I dont like selling my first choice players mid season and he is the only cm in my squad that is consistant enough. Rodwell has done ok, Ramsey doesnt score and Tiote is too defensive for my liking so thats why I rejected it. Will sell him maybe when he is 31/32.

I also try and avoid selling club icons/legends which he is

He hasnt done as well as I would have hoped but its his first season here and he has been injured a few times which has set him back a bit

View attachment 260753View attachment 260754

Thanks a lot, looks a strong squad that you have... I have just started a campaign as Atletico manager, had to restart as there seemed to be a glitch when I offered players as couldnt accept/reject offers in transfer centre and got frustrating not being able to sell on players, as I like to buy cheap generally and sell high... Lucas Moura does seem rather injury prone in my game too, he keeps getting injured in training for a week or 2, then plays a game and gets injured again... He does play well as winger (inside forward) but I really wanted him as my AM behind Falcao who is a beast of a poacher, but Moura seems to struggle to get involved there, mind you he only has 6 games under his belt... I have been very lucky with my youth intake, think I have the new Aitor, I will post a pic when I am home, only annoying thing he is icelandic but came through Atletico's youth system...

Thanks a lot, looks a strong squad that you have... I have just started a campaign as Atletico manager, had to restart as there seemed to be a glitch when I offered players as couldnt accept/reject offers in transfer centre and got frustrating not being able to sell on players, as I like to buy cheap generally and sell high... Lucas Moura does seem rather injury prone in my game too, he keeps getting injured in training for a week or 2, then plays a game and gets injured again... He does play well as winger (inside forward) but I really wanted him as my AM behind Falcao who is a beast of a poacher, but Moura seems to struggle to get involved there, mind you he only has 6 games under his belt... I have been very lucky with my youth intake, think I have the new Aitor, I will post a pic when I am home, only annoying thing he is icelandic but came through Atletico's youth system...

WOuld like to see this Icelandic beast for sure :D

he has 4.5stars for future potential, im at work atm so cant upload but shall def look to upload later this evening once i get home... was aitor 4.5 or higher?

Nice to see another story from you Klippybo! Just read this all the way through!
Loved your Bilbao one!

Last edited:
images

APRIL

Newcastle through to the FA Cup final
Sunderland beaten in the derby
Cheick Tiote is off to AC Milan in the summer for £20m
Reserves win their league, u18s win league

The treble is nearly within our grasp. We are pretty much 1 win away from the title as we got some good wins over Spurs, Sunderland and nearly relegated Aston Villa as well as getting a draw with Chelsea thanks to a last minute equaliser.

In the FA Cup we are through to the final to face Spurs after we defeated Everton on penalties after a frenetic 3-3 draw. If we do win the FA Cup that means we will have won every domestic trophy possible this season - including the reserves and u18s - providing we dont mess up the title run in!!!!

------------

Newcastle United 4-3 Tottenham Hotspur
Cisse, Lucas Moura, Hoilett, Cabaye

Sunderland 1-2 Newcastle United
Cisse, Niang

Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa
Bonucci, Mulugeta, Lucas Moura, Niang

FA Cup SF

Newcastle United 3-3 Everton (aet)
Hoilett, Lucas Moura, Mulugeta
(aet Newcastle United won 3-1 on penalties)

Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle United
Cisse 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EDWIN MULUGETA

View attachment 260998

View attachment 260999

Yohan Cabaye got goal of the month so here is another great Newcastle goal IMO
[video=youtube;EJvM7ufWJdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJvM7ufWJdc[/video]

images

MAY - PREMIER LEAGUE REVIEW

Newcastle retain the title - just!
Newcastle throw away a 3 goal lead to lose the FA Cup final
Myself, Cisse and Lucas Moura get amongst the award winners
Aston Villa, Norwich and Leeds get relegated

Horrible month - despite winning the title. We almost fecked up the title after drawing 3 games in a row that let Man Utd catch up. However in the last game of the season we beat West Ham to take the title.

The FA Cup final was probably an amazing game etc but to say I was fuming was an understatement. Raging I was. Fined everyone a weeks wages which didnt go down too well!

----------

Newcastle United 0-0 Manchester City

Fulham 0-0 Newcastle United

FA Cup Final
Tottenham Hotspur 5-4 Newcastle United
Lucas Moura 2, Cisse, Mulugeta (pen)
View attachment 261000

Newcastle United 1-0 West Ham United
Cisse

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCAS MOURA

images

View attachment 261001

View attachment 261002View attachment 261003

My League Scorers were:
0(1pen) Cisse, 19 Hoilett, 8 Niang, 7(3pens) Cabaye, 7 Lucas Moura, 2 Ben Arfa, 2 Bonucci, 2 Chalobah, 2 Coloccini, 2 Kagawa, 2 Santon, 2 Vuckic, 1 Cotton, 1 Muguleta, 1 Redmond, 1 Rodwell, 1 Taylor, 1 Own Goal

AWARDS
English Players Young Player of the Year - Lucas Moura (somehow)
Premier League Top Scorer - Papiss Cisse
Manager of the Year

Last edited:
images

END OF SEASON

Bayern Munich beat Man Utd in the Champions League
Marseille win the Europa League
Huddersfield, Southampton and Wigan promoted to the top division
Cisse wins the European Golden Boot again
I turn down job offers from Man Utd and Chelsea

SQUAD STATS
View attachment 261009

Cisse was decent but Hoilett was insane. Aaron Ramsey yet again failed to score during the season.

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
JUNIOR HOILETT

images

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
M'BAYE NIANG

images

LEAGUES AROUND EUROPE
View attachment 261010View attachment 261012View attachment 261013View attachment 261014View attachment 261015View attachment 261016View attachment 261018View attachment 261019View attachment 261020View attachment 261021View attachment 261022

FEEDER CLUB WATCH
Carlisle and Gateshead both finished mid table while Genk qualified for the Champions League and finished bottom of our Champions League group earlier in the season.

images

WORLD CUP FINAL

Brazil 3-1 Portugal

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the World Cup I got offered the chance to manage France, Spain, Uruguay and Belgium (Stuart Pearce got the England job) and I picked.........

images

BELGIUM

Why? Well I wanted the French job really but then I realised I would have 2 years of meaningless friendlies as they are the hosts of the next European Championships. I didnt want to go Spain as I was Spain manager in my Bilbao save for over 20 seasons and if/when I go down to South America I think it will be as manager of Brazil or Argentina hence why I rejected Uruguay.

To be fair I think I have picked the right time to be Belgium manager with the likes of Lukaku, Hazard, Courtois, Kompany etc they have a potentially great team.

Well done on that season mate! Greatest football manager on here haha, hope you do well with Belgium mate very good team they also have Fellani, Keep it up!

loving this story Lucas Moura seems to have done ok for you, I am hoping in my save he picks himself up and starts to play to a higher level in his second season, he has played 7 games for me since January, have now finished La Liga, winning it with Atletico Madrid, had to sell to buy, usually would have got Muniain but fancied trying this guy... is he somewhat injury prone in your game, moura this is? Thanks a lot and keep enjoying the success at newcastle, got offered papiss cisse for 7.5m what do you reckon?

loving this story Lucas Moura seems to have done ok for you, I am hoping in my save he picks himself up and starts to play to a higher level in his second season, he has played 7 games for me since January, have now finished La Liga, winning it with Atletico Madrid, had to sell to buy, usually would have got Muniain but fancied trying this guy... is he somewhat injury prone in your game, moura this is? Thanks a lot and keep enjoying the success at newcastle, got offered papiss cisse for 7.5m what do you reckon?

Cisse is immense but you have Falcao I presume and I would fancy him scoring plenty too if all goes well. Lucas Moura has been quite injury prone for me (not too bad - just a few injuries ruling him out for 2-3 weeks at a time) but I dont mind so much as I can then give starts to Kagawa/Vuckic/Ramsey etc

yeah falcao has banged in over 60 goals this season, i really wish i could find a tactic that actually gets the best out of amc, how did you get aitor to score so many goals? I shall post my regen tonight that I mentioned yesterday, are you still using the same tactic as bilbao save?

Thanks a lot

yeah falcao has banged in over 60 goals this season, i really wish i could find a tactic that actually gets the best out of amc, how did you get aitor to score so many goals? I shall post my regen tonight that I mentioned yesterday, are you still using the same tactic as bilbao save?

Thanks a lot

Yeah the exact same tactic as Bilbao - Aitor got 20 goals a season usually and Ben Arfa did that for me from AMC in my 2nd season. Will be looking for Lucas Moura to do the same. Aitor did take the free kicks for my Bilbao team so maybe got an extra 6 goals a year doing that

Back