Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
i have your old save loaded on my pc, would it be ok to take your tactic from that? I might try and incorporate it into mine, as my wingers are sensational, joaquin got 65 assists from RW, for the bargain price of 3.5m....

i have your old save loaded on my pc, would it be ok to take your tactic from that? I might try and incorporate it into mine, as my wingers are sensational, joaquin got 65 assists from RW, for the bargain price of 3.5m....

Yeah take it away - 65 assists is insane!!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing your Icelandic eskimo dude

yeah he had 4 games end of season, did you ever find out Aitor's P.A i did kinda look at my guys for curiosity, and it was 187 so is pretty great!!! I got a 4* keeper and full back too! couldnt believe my intake as i normally get 1 4* player and the rest a load of rubbish! P.S thanks for letting me take the tactic!!

images

PRE SEASON

(Up until the day of the FA Community Shield)

Newcastle rake in £69m in transfer fees
And only spend £19.5m
Some players now have work permits!
I reject the job offer from Man City

AIMS
Win the league (expect this every year)
Win our Champions League group and get to the quarters at least

PLAYERS IN

Only two for the first team:
View attachment 261132
Cosimo Accordino from AC Milan for £9m
Gary Cahill from Chelsea for £4.4m

But I also bought a few token regens - Agosto will definately be a star of the future (bought for £4m) and the Danish lad was a free transfer!:
View attachment 261133
View attachment 261137View attachment 261136View attachment 261135View attachment 261134

I also brought in Emiliano Viviano on a free. Loaned him out immediately for £1m and will sell him at the end of the season.

PLAYERS OUT

Cheick Tiote to AC Milan for £20m
Hatem Ben Arfa to Spurs for £13.25m
Siyanda Xulu to Roma for £7.5m (profit of £7.25m)
Fabricio Coloccini to Marseille for £5.5m
Dan Gosling to West Ham for £5m
Nika Kvekveskiri to FC Kobenhavn for £4.9m (profit of £4m)
Marc Muniesa to Borussia MGB for £2.7m (all profit)
Craig Dawson to Cardiff for £1.9m (loss of £1.8m)
Mehdi Abeid to Reading for £1.9m
Pacome Die to Reading for £1.4m (profit of £1m)

Jak Alnwick and Remi Streete were sold too
Vuckic, Marveaux, Bigirimana and Campbell were loaned for fees
Appleyard and N.King were loaned to Gateshead
Genk got a few for work permits

Loads of departures. And loads of money coming in. Quite pleased with all the transfer fees except for Craig Dawson but otherwise I have no complaints. The fans arent too happy with captain Colo leaving though (Cabaye is my new captain).

I rejected a £22m bid for Rodwell, £15m for Ramsey, £10m for Taylor and £8m for Christou as well as £4m for the Belarussian striker and £3m for Berhuejel or whatever his name is lol.

PLAYERS NOW WITH WORK PERMITS

I dont understand how these players can now play for me as they werent in Belgium long enough for a work permit. Romario still has to go back for instance. Anyway these lads will be involved as first team members this season.
View attachment 261140View attachment 261141View attachment 261142

SUMMARY
Well with quite a few players leaving for big fees (and getting rid of big wages also) and with the youngsters coming in from Genk I am really excited for the upcoming season. Also the likes of Niang and Butland are classed as being trained by the club - hence why I was able to let Vuckic leave. The only change to the first eleven is for me to pick a centre half to take Coloccini's place although Niang is ever closer to replacing Papiss Cisse!

Just read through from about page 7 that I missed while on holiday.

Congrats on the doubles, unlucky about the FA Cup and losing the treble.

Quite a few big names leaving, but for big money. Just hope the youth can come through well to replace them :)

As above, I've been on holiday so just read through from page 10. Glad to see you've won the league twice on the trot with some domestic cups too.

What tactic have you used may I ask, got an upload that I could try?

I've found Lucas Moura adapts after a few years but have been unable to find his absolute best position so don't buy him anymore unless I have enough money not to care.

As above, I've been on holiday so just read through from page 10. Glad to see you've won the league twice on the trot with some domestic cups too.

What tactic have you used may I ask, got an upload that I could try?

I've found Lucas Moura adapts after a few years but have been unable to find his absolute best position so don't buy him anymore unless I have enough money not to care.

I have never uploaded it but I will give you these screenies -
View attachment 261178View attachment 261179

Regarding player roles and mentalities I usually just play them in their favourite roles. For instance I play Lucas Moura as shown but if Aaron Ramsey plays there he does so as an advanced playmaker and so on.

Like in my Bilbao save I never watch the games - I only watch the games at full speed and with text commentary only - just like the good old days of Championship Manager 2! lol

Just read all 17 pages.. Very good story so far..
..One issue though
HOW DARE YOU BATTER MY BELOVED FULHAM IN A FINAL :@

Hi Klippybo, if you look at the show off your new regen thread on page 213, you'll see the eskimo himself, he has a much higher PA than Aitor, although he doesnt start off as good I dont think, how do you suggest I develop him at Atletico, keep in first team and make loads of sub appearances and cup games right away, or place in under 19s for a while?

images

AUGUST

Steven Taylor leaves for Italy
Two young Belgians come in
Newcastle get revenge over Spurs in league and FA Community Shield
Belgium win in my first game in charge

A decent start to the season - more so due to the fact that we got revenge over Spurs for the FA Cup final defeat - twice.

Anyway other news is that the reserve side beat Man Utd 9-2 with my young Danish striker scoring 6 and the Belarussian notching 3. Also in the Champions League we have drawn against FC Porto, Anderlecht and Fenerbahce.

Steven Taylor requested a transfer and has joined Udinese for £9.25m. No replacement has been brought in as I have several good defenders already. However as I am Belgium manager EVERY Belgian appears without being scouted so I have picked two central midfielders up - ironically one from my feeder side Genk and the other was there originally.
View attachment 261214View attachment 261215

I did have a £20m bid for Mesut Ozil accepted but he didnt want to talk when Real Madrid removed him from the transfer list.

------------------

FA Community Shield
Newcastle United 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Cisse, Bonucci 2, Niang

Fulham 0-3 Newcastle United
Cabaye, Cisse, Cahill

Newcastle United 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Cabaye, Dawson (og), Mulugeta

Liverpool 0-0 Newcastle United

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TIM KRUL

images

View attachment 261213

TOP 10 PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFERS(not involving Newcastle)
Keisuke Honda to Arsenal from Zenit for £22m
Miralem Pjanic to Arsenal from Paris SG for £22m

Balazs Dzsudzsak to Chelsea from Dinamo Moscow for £20.5m
Aiden McGeady to Man Utd from Spartak Moscow for £18.25m
Georgy Schennikov to Liverpool from CSKA Moscow for £17.25m
Eric Mathoho to Chelsea from Cagliari for £16.75m
Felipe Caicedo to Arsenal from Lokomotiv Moscow for £14.75m
Andile Jali to Man Utd from Metalist Kharkiv for £12m
Ryan Bertrand to Everton from WBA for £11.5m
Brahim Ferradj to Swansea from Brest for £10.5m

God knows why every player based in Russia is coming over lol

Z

BELGIUM

Friendly

Malta 0-1 Belgium
Hazard

On the face of it this is a poor result but we had over 30 shots, hut the woodwork 7 times and had 11 clear cut chances so it was nearly a good result.

images

SEPTEMBER

Newcastle batter Man Utd - have goal disallowed - and only draw although.....
Aaron Ramsey finally scores again!!!!!!!!
Holders Newcastle are out of the Capital One Cup
Belgium draw with Argentina and hit 7 past San Marino

A so-so month which could and should have been a great month. In the league we comfortably dealt with WBA and Wigan but against Man Utd we absolutely battered them and only drew. It was a travesty as Cisse also had a goal disallowed early on.

In the Capital One Cup it was almost as bad as after an hour Everton were 3-0 up having had 4 shots and we ended up losing 3-2 with ourselves having 27 attempts!

Got a bit of an injury problem though as the Japanese cb Maruyama got injured during while playing for Japan and is out for 5 months. With the sale of Steven Taylor and a few out on loan I decided to call up Robbie Cotton as cover and then he got injured and is out for 2 months!

-----------

Newcastle United 4-0 West Bromwich Albion
Lucas Moura, Kagawa 2, Fontaine

UEFA Champions League Group A

Newcastle United 1-0 Fenerbahce
Fontaine

Manchester United 2-2 Newcastle United
Kagawa, Ramsey

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Everton 3-2 Newcastle United
Niang 2

Newcastle United 5-0 Wigan Athletic
Batth (og), Mulugeta 2, Hoilett, Kagawa

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SHINJI KAGAWA

images

(Sime Vrsaljko won the official award)

View attachment 261225

-----------------
images

BELGIUM

Friendly

Argentina 2-2 Belgium
Lukaku 2

European Championship Quals Group B

Belgium 7-0 San Marino
Lukaku 3, Dembele, Hazard, Nainggolan, Vermaelen

Incidentally and unsurprisingly I am using the same tried and tested tactic as I always use with Hazard playing RW even though he is only competent there. When everyone is fit I think my first eleven is -

Courtois

Vermaelen - Kompany - Vertonghen - Odoi

Fellaini - Witsel

Dembele - Nainggolan - Hazard

Lukaku

The backup players are quality in almost every position apart from the two full back areas. When you consider that the likes of Mignolet, Alderweireld, Boyata, Martens, Mirallas, De Bruyne, Defour and Vossen are also in the squad we should be competitive at the very least.

Immense stuff Klippy!! This game seems just too easy for you!!

Immense stuff Klippy!! This game seems just too easy for you!!

Lol - its been good so far - even with losing a couple of finals and getting knocked out of comps early on - too while at Bilbao I was winning everything all of the time.

Miss Aitor though - cant believe I saved over the Bilbao save!!!!!!!

The only regen that has gone straight into the 1st team squad is my back up left back Christou so I am still waiting for "the one" or the Geordie Aitor! lol

Lol - its been good so far - even with losing a couple of finals and getting knocked out of comps early on - too while at Bilbao I was winning everything all of the time.

Miss Aitor though - cant believe I saved over the Bilbao save!!!!!!!

The only regen that has gone straight into the 1st team squad is my back up left back Christou so I am still waiting for "the one" or the Geordie Aitor! lol
Honestly don't think your youth intake will ever spit out another Aitor!! He was just too good to be true really!!

How has Courtois and De Bruyne developed in your save? Sometimes they become immense and other times they end up playing for teams like Norwich

Finally back and caught up with your story. Well done on winning the league and liking the new start to the season. Keep up the good work.

Honestly don't think your youth intake will ever spit out another Aitor!! He was just too good to be true really!!

How has Courtois and De Bruyne developed in your save? Sometimes they become immense and other times they end up playing for teams like Norwich

Courtois lookks decent -still at Chelsea but De Bruyne who also looks decent is at Wigan

images

OCTOBER

Great wins away to FC Porto and Anderlecht
Sunderland easily beaten in the derby
I reach my 200th game in football management apparently
One win and one draw for Belgium

Another good month with the highlights being the derby win over Sunderland and the fine victory away to FC Porto. We are playing quite well but I still think we can go up a gear or two yet and score a few more goals!

As for Belgium we drew with the Czechs despite being down to 10 men and we should have won as we had over 20 attempts on goal. We struggled a bit against Albania but got the win in the end. Lithuania are surprisingly top of our group!

-----------

FC Porto 1-3 Newcastle United
Lucas Moura, Cisse 2

Huddersfield Town 1-3 Newcastle United
Puncec (og), Cisse 2

Newcastle United 1-0 West Ham United
Lucas Moura

Newcastle United 4-0 Sunderland
Bonucci 2, Cisse, Cabaye

Anderlecht 1-2 Newcastle United
Cahill, Niang

Queens Park Rangers 1-1 Newcastle United
Cisse

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAPISS CISSE

images

(Mulugeta got young player of the month and I got the manager award)

View attachment 261292

--------------

images

BELGIUM

European Championship Quals Group B

Czech. Republic 0-0 Belgium

Belgium 3-0 Albania
Mertens 2, Mirallas

images

NOVEMBER

Newcastle lose out to Chelsea
Qualification from Champions League secured as group winners
Tony Johnson becomes Newcastle's youngest ever scorer
Newcastle drawn away to Sunderland in the FA Cup

Compared to previous months this one was very disappointing with us suffering 3 defeats although the one against Fenerbahce didnt matter. We havent strung 5 or 6 wins in a row yet in the league so hopefully that wont be long in coming!

---------------

Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle United

Newcastle United 4-0 Anderlecht
Johnson, Cahill, Niang 2

Everton 1-3 Newcastle United
Mulugeta, Cisse, Rodwell

Newcastle United 4-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Mulugeta, Hoilett, Cisse 2

Fenerbahce 3-2 Newcastle United
Niang, Berjulet (pen)

Manchester City 3-1 Newcastle United
Cisse

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EDWIN MULUGETA
View attachment 261309

View attachment 261310

------------
images

BELGIUM

Friendlies

Republic of Ireland 1-1 Belgium
Nainggolan

Belgium 2-1 Norway
Mertens, Alderweireld

Your player Mulugeta looks absolute class... My eskimo player is developing nicely, I shall post another pic after this season as he seems to be coming on leaps and bounds, his determination shot up to 20, after tutoring... has played a few games, seems to get a good few assists, still not got his first goal yet though, even if he doesnt turn out as good as aitor, i have decided until he is 23, he is going to get plenty of chances in my team to see if i can get him to reach his P.A

Back