Hi Koflok,

Regarding your results and the results of some testers I am convinced this is a great tactic. However, for me (Tottenham) it does not really work yet. It might be caused by the fact that I just switched to this tactic in the middle of the season, but it also might be caused by me (placing the players at a wrong position). Therefor I would like to ask you what you think about my starting eleven:

Gomes
Van der Wiel-King-Gallas-Bale
M'Vila
Huddlestone-Modric
Van der Vaart Alexis Sanchez
Defoe

I changed Huddlestone into a normal Central Midfielder and Van der Vaart into an Advanced Playmaker (your advice from the opening post). For the rest I am still using your tactic as it is in the download. Do you see anything I should change in my team? I seem to concede quite a lot of goals from low crosses (my CB's seem to be too late = too slow? all the time). I would like to know from you at which positions I should strengthen my team. I am definately going to buy 2 new (=faster) CB's. For the rest I would like to hear from you which players are placed at the wrong position.

Once I've sorted out which team should play, I can seriously look at things which should be tweaked etc. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.
sirfugy

Alrighty then. Here's my feedback for now.

I tested the tactic throughout almost a whole season with PSV Eindhoven. So far it took me to the championship, cup final and CL quarter final (3-2 loss vs. Man Utd)

As stated before, in away matches it seems to do better with the mentality set to normal. I use the wingers who are switching positions, which leads often to a few shots. (Nordin Amrabat/Oscar/Lacina Traore (trained to AML)/Willem Janssen/Jeremain Lens, rotating them..) The next thing might be a thing to discuss as well: I want the team to be quick, so I got rid of the short passing and have set it to direct passing, which seems to do awfully well.

Will keep you updated. ^^)

yeah just downloaded this tactic

by the way hard to find a good inside forward player for leeds,

cause they wont join my team :(

Sorry for those who can't download the tactic. I forgot I just edited something on the description and appearantly it has to be approved - again - by the mods. Probably in a couple of hours it will be available to be downloaded again.

__

Hi sirfugy.
First of all thank you for trying it out even when it hasn't really perform something special.
Regarding the crossing that is, in fact, a trouble I am facing as well actually.

Some suggest to have a faster CB with good anticipation to be able to, well, anticipate those low crosses. An alternative way is to limit the opponent's winger crossing ability. Maybe it might be effective to tightly man-marked wingers using your full back. This is still a wild guess but would you try to put normal or even hard tackling on fullback and see how they perform?

Regarding the attack I think everything is fine. I suppose VdV can play in that area as playmaker. How is he performing by the way? For me however, I would switch Modric and VdV so Modric becomes the playmaker. VdV will score loads from deep attacking midfielder. Actually he's one of the most perfect player to play in that position.

I suppose that is all for now. Maybe the team need more time before it can fluidly-gel with the tactic. Check the match preparation for this. I recommend to have the workload on very heavy so they can adapt it faster.

Hope it fixes the issue and tell me how it go. :D

Cheers

Alrighty then. Here's my feedback for now.

I tested the tactic throughout almost a whole season with PSV Eindhoven. So far it took me to the championship, cup final and CL quarter final (3-2 loss vs. Man Utd)

As stated before, in away matches it seems to do better with the mentality set to normal. I use the wingers who are switching positions, which leads often to a few shots. (Nordin Amrabat/Oscar/Lacina Traore (trained to AML)/Willem Janssen/Jeremain Lens, rotating them..) The next thing might be a thing to discuss as well: I want the team to be quick, so I got rid of the short passing and have set it to direct passing, which seems to do awfully well.

Will keep you updated. ^^)

Oh wow nice man. Glad it working out well for ya.

Yeah switching players are recommended if they are able to play in different positions. I'm switching my Kadlec and Valdez in ST and AML position. THat confuses the defender sometimes.

Thanks for the input on direct passing. Can you give a screenshot on the passing style only of the team?

Cheers

Sorry for those who can't download the tactic. I forgot I just edited something on the description and appearantly it has to be approved - again - by the mods. Probably in a couple of hours it will be available to be downloaded again.

__

Hi sirfugy.
First of all thank you for trying it out even when it hasn't really perform something special.
Regarding the crossing that is, in fact, a trouble I am facing as well actually.

Some suggest to have a faster CB with good anticipation to be able to, well, anticipate those low crosses. An alternative way is to limit the opponent's winger crossing ability. Maybe it might be effective to tightly man-marked wingers using your full back. This is still a wild guess but would you try to put normal or even hard tackling on fullback and see how they perform?

Regarding the attack I think everything is fine. I suppose VdV can play in that area as playmaker. How is he performing by the way? For me however, I would switch Modric and VdV so Modric becomes the playmaker. VdV will score loads from deep attacking midfielder. Actually he's one of the most perfect player to play in that position.

I suppose that is all for now. Maybe the team need more time before it can fluidly-gel with the tactic. Check the match preparation for this. I recommend to have the workload on very heavy so they can adapt it faster.

Hope it fixes the issue and tell me how it go. :D

Cheers

Thanks for your quick reply. I am going to try the things you've recommended (tonight though, I am at work now :(. Van der Vaart is doing pretty well actually, but I will try to switch him with Modric. Reason why I put Van der Vaart at AMR is because I thought playing with a left legged player at AMR and a right legged player at AML would be better (because of inside winger?). Can you tell me if this is necessary or doesn't it matter? I mean, can the AML be left legged and the AMR be right legged? What is optimal for this tactic?

yeah just downloaded this tactic

by the way hard to find a good inside forward player for leeds,

cause they wont join my team :(

Yeah it's harder to find inverted wingers to play on lower leagues.

Try the likes of Xisco, Vicente Sanchez or Carcela Mehdi on the right
and on the left try seeing Toni Calvo, Juan Miguel Callejon, Oscar Diaz or David Mounard.

See if they'll join Leeds.

Go Leeds! I used to manage Leeds to find new tactics

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Thanks for your quick reply. I am going to try the things you've recommended (tonight though, I am at work now :(. Van der Vaart is doing pretty well actually, but I will try to switch him with Modric. Reason why I put Van der Vaart at AMR is because I thought playing with a left legged player at AMR and a right legged player at AML would be better (because of inside winger?). Can you tell me if this is necessary or doesn't it matter? I mean, can the AML be left legged and the AMR be right legged? What is optimal for this tactic?

Yeah that is true. Playing opposite foot wingers is the optimal settings and there's nothing wrong in playing both Modric and VdV in your position if they're playing really good there.

I just realized Modric is right-footed. My bad. He used to be Either in 2010.

But he got a strong left foot so that might work. Maybe you can test it out, if Modric isn't cutting inside enough then put him back to MC. :D

Cheers

Hahaha i guess drill crosses are the way to go really. Because logically when you are using inside forwards, most probably their crossing is not that great. Therefore, drill crosses can be better.

I've seen a couple of times from hard crosses my central midf or striker runs from deep and tap the ball in to the near post which is a delight to see. But again, that is nothing compared to opponent's scoring from far post crosses. Is that a bug?

By the way. Great tweaking. If you don't mind can you PM me the after-tweaked tactic? I've tried to apply the nike defense system but I have never succeeded in doing it.

My Nike Defence System is not fool-proof yet, it has definetly helped out my defence alot, I have just gone 4 games and not conceded but again I am still letting in as much as 4 goals sometime, again my defence lacks consistency but I want to test it out more before showing all of u my tweaked version as sometimes my defence is fantastic and sometimes it crumbles

My Nike Defence System is not fool-proof yet, it has definetly helped out my defence alot, I have just gone 4 games and not conceded but again I am still letting in as much as 4 goals sometime, again my defence lacks consistency but I want to test it out more before showing all of u my tweaked version as sometimes my defence is fantastic and sometimes it crumbles

Okay good luck mate. and again thanks for taking the time to tweak and testing it out

Cheers ^^)

I dont think ti really matters if your AMR is right-footed and likewise for the AML but to be safe I always make sure I put a right-footed player as an AML, I am not tooo sure about this so I will defo test it out soon

Oh man I really screwed up editing the tactic section page. Now it has to be re-approved by the mods.

Okay for now Imma upload it to a file-sharing site and put it to my first post.

Once it is re-approved I'll remove the link.