After 7 games, initial thoughts!

Been playing as Boavista (3rd division club). In friendlies I seem to have a lot of difficulty scoring, winning only 2 games (albeit I'm playing larger teams). The forwards seem to be too far apart and when one gets the ball he seems to run all the way to goal and try to score.

Other problem I noticed is that I'm being HEAVILY pounded on defending corners, suffering 1 goal every match or being saved on the line/post.

I'll play te other 3 remaining pre-season friendlies and update my experience and then try to see if I can tweek to better results, if needed

Koflok great work with the tactic!

i too also have began a career with gloucester city, my hometown club and had been trying a variety of 442 tactics and conceding left right and centre so had a little go with yours and it has been a revelation. scoring freely 18 for and 8 against having scored 2 conceding 16 prior to this.

mitchel bryant, danny hanson and jack sampson have been transformed and hopefully they will continue to impress so i can sell them on and help balance the books.. hemorraging money atm so interesting times ahead...

only a few changes were made to the tactic really.. with my players having pretty poor crossing skills i set them to drill crosses which seems far more effective than the float option and a few adjustments just to accomadate some of my players

but in summary very pleased, will watch for further developments with interest

it has been a decent tactic for me have also switched the wingers to the other side first result after that 6-1 away win in champions league

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

how about this gg2011 at home gg2010 away from home? seems to work well for me!

Looks promising for now just tested for a few games .. Drill crosses also works better for me .. my team is **** slow back .. :O tackling was very poor mainly because of that .. I have Cleo & young gun Kadlec upfront they are doing great .. even Cleo missed 3-4 CCC situations in this game .. Two DC's score goals from corners but I conced one and could more from defending them .. Very satisfied with this tac so far (H) I'll give more feedback from end of the season

LOL, look at that number of people who joined in and talk about the tactic for say less than 10 games. Do it properly, go with it throughout the year and your results would be more constructive to the tactic maker to tweak it better.

Holiday is a BAD way for testing tactic, your AI assistant manager is not equal to a human brain.

I will be trying out this tactic soon with Bayern :D not too soon though, still enjoying 10 games cleansheet with ParkthePlane

For anyone having trouble in away games, change Start Strategy from Attacking to Standard. Has worked for me 3 games in a row now.[/B]

Okay thanks for the input bud.
Will try that later.

Hey, one question... do you run your inside forwards (AML and AMR) on opposite feets? meaning, do you play a left-footed AMR and a right-footed AML or you keep the lefty on the left side and the rigthy on your right side?

What cragswfc said. Use opposite-footed winger on opposite sides.

After 7 games, initial thoughts!

Been playing as Boavista (3rd division club). In friendlies I seem to have a lot of difficulty scoring, winning only 2 games (albeit I'm playing larger teams). The forwards seem to be too far apart and when one gets the ball he seems to run all the way to goal and try to score.

Other problem I noticed is that I'm being HEAVILY pounded on defending corners, suffering 1 goal every match or being saved on the line/post.

I'll play te other 3 remaining pre-season friendlies and update my experience and then try to see if I can tweek to better results, if needed

If he's too far apart try making him on 'support'. I've done that with world-class strikers and it works better.

Yes. Defending against corner have been an issue as well, especially when they drill it to the 6 yard box and someone from deep just somehow manage to tap it in.

Good luck with the tweaking.

Koflok great work with the tactic!

i too also have began a career with gloucester city, my hometown club and had been trying a variety of 442 tactics and conceding left right and centre so had a little go with yours and it has been a revelation. scoring freely 18 for and 8 against having scored 2 conceding 16 prior to this.

mitchel bryant, danny hanson and jack sampson have been transformed and hopefully they will continue to impress so i can sell them on and help balance the books.. hemorraging money atm so interesting times ahead...

only a few changes were made to the tactic really.. with my players having pretty poor crossing skills i set them to drill crosses which seems far more effective than the float option and a few adjustments just to accomadate some of my players

but in summary very pleased, will watch for further developments with interest

Thank you. Glad it's working out well for ya.

Good luck and report back soon if possible :D

it has been a decent tactic for me have also switched the wingers to the other side first result after that 6-1 away win in champions league

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

how about this gg2011 at home gg2010 away from home? seems to work well for me!

gg2011 and gg2010 is a different tactic overall. You can try that though.
I haven't got the chance to extensively test out gg2010 on fm2011.
Crosses seems to be better now so that may work.

Looks promising for now just tested for a few games .. Drill crosses also works better for me .. my team is **** slow back .. :O tackling was very poor mainly because of that .. I have Cleo & young gun Kadlec upfront they are doing great .. even Cleo missed 3-4 CCC situations in this game .. Two DC's score goals from corners but I conced one and could more from defending them .. Very satisfied with this tac so far (H) I'll give more feedback from end of the season

First of all. Yes Kadlec is really good. :D

and thanks on the drill crosses input. Lots of people seems to be having better luck using that. As well as the conceding from corners
Will definitely be tested.

i don't mean to spam , but this is an amazing tactic ! Thanks mate !:)

Thanks! :D

LOL, look at that number of people who joined in and talk about the tactic for say less than 10 games. Do it properly, go with it throughout the year and your results would be more constructive to the tactic maker to tweak it better.

Holiday is a BAD way for testing tactic, your AI assistant manager is not equal to a human brain.

I will be trying out this tactic soon with Bayern :D not too soon though, still enjoying 10 games cleansheet with ParkthePlane

Hahaha yeah true. Go on holiday is a bad idea to test a tactic.
You may get some results (luckily) but you won't know what to tweak and what areas can be improved.

Thanks.

Have fun :D

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

what option in special focus area buddy? ^^

I used none.
Because I haven't really figured out the special focus thingy yet, really. :p

But if I have to choose one then probably attacking movement.. since this is an attacking tactic after all.

or team blend obviously if you are signing new players

I am begging you mate. Could you please upload the tactic-file to another host? Thanks.

Ok i have been testing this with Hereford, again Drill Crosses is working for me due to the poor crossing skills of my players, I have also implemented a Nike Defence System into the tactic as well as a new set-piece for defending from corners and currently after 20 games I am unbeaten and top of the table 10 points clear, great tactic I have to say and it will do even better if people tweak it for their current team

Ok i have been testing this with Hereford, again Drill Crosses is working for me due to the poor crossing skills of my players, I have also implemented a Nike Defence System into the tactic as well as a new set-piece for defending from corners and currently after 20 games I am unbeaten and top of the table 10 points clear, great tactic I have to say and it will do even better if people tweak it for their current team

Hahaha i guess drill crosses are the way to go really. Because logically when you are using inside forwards, most probably their crossing is not that great. Therefore, drill crosses can be better.

I've seen a couple of times from hard crosses my central midf or striker runs from deep and tap the ball in to the near post which is a delight to see. But again, that is nothing compared to opponent's scoring from far post crosses. Is that a bug?

By the way. Great tweaking. If you don't mind can you PM me the after-tweaked tactic? I've tried to apply the nike defense system but I have never succeeded in doing it.

I have tested this tactic with Everton and am currently 9th at Christmas. My team are struggling especially in defence. Any chance you could upload you tweaked version mate to see if this helps.

Currently i`m on 9 match unbeaten with Arsenal , 8 wins and 1 draw , should`ve won , average possession 60 % , just moved the defensive line to normal and drill cross like everyone else , looks like it`s working for now , thx for the tactic , it`s a good one .

so far so god i change to drill cross i later upload pictures

Last edited:
Hi , i hope it work i will try it out and let you now thanx a lot for the tactic ( hope this game dont get that adictit like the other one)

Thanks guys for the testing and all. I'm surprised by the number testers that anticipates this tactic. Haha. Got a lot of positive results for now and glad that it works for some/most of you guys.

Moreover I really appreciated those of you who take the time to tweak it around and find good settings for this tactic. Drill cross and playing around with the defensive line to around normal has help a lot. Will definitely included on the next update.

So keep em coming!

Right now I'm just finishing the season with Hercules where I'm still battling with Barca for the 1st place.
I've tweaked the tactic a bit, in addition to the tweaks mention above, and it has stabilize the tactic in overall - in terms of possession while creating decent chances.

That being said I'm not gonna upload the updated tactics for a while now since this tactic itself is still quite new so Imma let more user to check it out first and hopefully finding more things that can be improved.

An update will definitely come though, just not this week probably.

So.. good luck guys! :D

Kof.

__

EDIT : I just won the Spanish Cup. Against a relatively weak R. Sociedad who somehow got into the final

i'll try it using leeds

hope this tactic works well

Last edited: