hey Koflok! Maybe im unlucky but i find it hard to play this tactic with United, how should i tweak this tactic to suit United better? I have the same issues as others where there is too much unnessesary ball passing when thry have a chance on a break, not enough through balls.. Defensivly it looks decent but not scoring enough goals..

I'll give you a couple of examples. But I have to add that these changes that I make to my tactic is not necessarily going to give the excact same effect on others. If Koflok is reading this he might have some things to add regarding the tactic he's made, that I guess you are using.

Here are some examples that I hope will give you an idea of what I mean:

Pre game:

I personally like to play more direct when 1. playing a stronger opponent, especially away. If they are a better team they probably have better central midfield players so I dont want to risk losing the ball in the middle of the field. 2. If the course is wet and the rain is pouring down I also like to play direct, rather than short passes. Be careful playing direct if there is a strong wind though.

Take a look at the opposition. Do they have a lot of players injured or suspended? Say you're playing Liverpool and they have Glen Johnson and Kelly out injured, and now they have to play their third choise full back, Wisdom, or even worse, Carragher. If Jose Enrique is playing on the left, its obviously going to be easier creating chanses attacking their right side! Then you can set your team to focus their attacks down the right hand side. If your wingers can play on either side, shift your best winger (fastest if opposition has a really slow full back) to the side you want to focus on (this should also be done during the game of course). If you saw the Tottenham - Maribor game earlier tonight, Spurs exploited the weak right side of Maribor in a brilliant fashion, especially in the first 25 minutes.

Also, you obviously have to look at the formation that they play, but this goes without saying. If they're packing their midfield, you might want to take that into consideration, the same if they're playing with focus on wing play. Look at the oppositions recent results. Take a look at the teams that have beaten them and what formations they used. They might have dropped points against weaker opposition that deployed successful tactics which exploited weaknesses.

How does your opposition usually score goals? If you're playing Stoke away, I'd say its a good bet to focus your training on defensive set pieces. If you're playing Walsall at home in the cup, focus more on attacking movement since you'll meet a very defensive team that will try to give you no room what so ever!

During the game:

First of all, its vital that you don't watch only the key highlights, since this wont give you a proper picture of whats going on with your tactic. Looking at the analysis of your assistant manger can also give you some hints!

I had a good example of tactical change during a game just now. I played Sturm Graz in the qualification round for the Europa League with my QPR. I have a superior team, but with a couple of defenders and my GK out injured I was nervous. I also played with players that are usually on the bench (only two first team regulars) so their match fitness wasn't great. At half time I was down 0-2 and I had no real quality on the bench.. my defenders were losing the aerial battle and Sturm Graz was playing with a deep defensive line that made it difficult for my wingers to cut through. At half time I changed both my wingers from "attack" to "support" as well as changing one of my defensive midfielders from "defense" to "support" (they both had support now"). This meant that every player in my team played with "support" settings except for my striker as complete forward (attack) and centre backs (defense). This meant that 1. my team started to play more passes on the last third of the pitch, being a bit more patient with finding room to work with. 2. Instead of trying to run directly through a pack of defenders, my wingers now moved a bit more freely in front of the oppositions defence, varying their play in width and tempo, opening up room for themselves, and more importantly, each other! This meant my striker got played through on goal after full backs being lured out of position from patient wingers/playmaker, more players in dangerous areas for Sturm Graz to deal with, etc etc. I won the game 4-2. The goals came from very direct changes made at half time, and its always a joy to watch.

There are obviously many, many more situations that can occur, and if there are specific things you want any help with let me know. But hopefully this was helpful!

PS! english isnt my first language, neither in life or in Football Manager :), so please ask if anything is unclear

What is the best way to counter a team with good wingers? And how do you break through a very good defence of a superior team?

What is the best way to counter a team with good wingers? And how do you break through a very good defence of a superior team?

If you use Koflok's tactic, you should ask him for specific changes against different type of teams, because this varies from tactic to tactic.

If you want to break through the defense of a superior team I would say that picking out the weak spots of their defence and exploiting that in terms of focusing your attack is your best bet really. And against a superior team your top priority should always be to minimize the gaps of your own defense.

Cheers man let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi koflok,

I tried your advice but nothing changed. I think my team is not suitable for your tactic and I have no transfer budget at the moment. So I need to look for another tactic I think :)

Thanks for your help.

I think this tactic is amazing !!!

I have attached images including my first lot of results up to January ... My squad including Goals, Avg MR and Assists ....

I will also include an image of my transfers as iam now in January and with key players away on ACON duty iam down to my bare bones atm. And also the League table.

I use fluid until all boxes are full then put to balanced and when iam ahead in the game i put to control so i tend to boss the whole game.

This tactic is also good with young players i have played a number of young players when i have had the need to even in big games and they have been superb.

Great tactic im dreading when i come to a real bad patch dont know what im going to do, i dont think it will be long as my big players are missing.

Thank you very much for this, just need to improve defense and at times against big teams i have had to tweak the tactic but none the less it is amazing !

Well done.View attachment 282162View attachment 282163

Newcastle seems to be very overrated this year :) everyone is using them lol :)

nice tactic again Koflok, glad to see that users are getting good results using downloaded tactics. this years edition is a lot more specific!

good job again mate ;)

Newcastle seems to be very overrated this year :) everyone is using them lol :)

nice tactic again Koflok, glad to see that users are getting good results using downloaded tactics. this years edition is a lot more specific!

good job again mate ;)

As a Newcastle fan I am not one to complain lol

As a Newcastle fan I am not one to complain lol

Snap haha, thats the only reason iam Newcastle for because i support them .. But before i come across this tactic i found it quite hard with Newcastle to be fair.

And i dont think they are over rated on this. We are hardly rubbish ... and with the players we have and with new players to sign on this anything is possible ha

Snap haha, thats the only reason iam Newcastle for because i support them .. But before i come across this tactic i found it quite hard with Newcastle to be fair.

And i dont think they are over rated on this. We are hardly rubbish ... and with the players we have and with new players to sign on this anything is possible ha
I dig Newcastle don't get me wrong :) however Cisse has 20 finishing and Ben Arfa is nearly as good as Ronaldo :)

also you guys have a very decent transfer budget at the start which is great :)

I can see where Raikan is coming from with his point though. For example Cisse has finishing 20 yet Falcao has 19, that can't be right imo.

Yes deffo understand where your both coming from with Cisse's finishing as it was only last season he was finishing everything.

As for ben arfa he is only over looked as he plays for newcastle but +1 as he shouldnt be classed as, as good as ronaldo.

I can see where Raikan is coming from with his point though. For example Cisse has finishing 20 yet Falcao has 19, that can't be right imo.

Yes, but if you go the the stats of Falcao and highlight the stats needed for a good Targetman, then you'll see that Falcao has all the stats perfect the make him a PERFECT targetman. Cisse doesn't have them all right.

Yes, but if you go the the stats of Falcao and highlight the stats needed for a good Targetman, then you'll see that Falcao has all the stats perfect the make him a PERFECT targetman. Cisse doesn't have them all right.

dude love the tactic im west ham 3rd season top half each season but won both cups each season!!!

jozy altidore smashing the goals in!!

I dont get it.
Why does some people seem to have some really big sucess with this one and for some this tactic doesnt make sense?

mate i dont know use the same tactic every game no cheating just keep my eye out for the brazilian regens job done obv with kofloks help!

This tactic doesnt work with my Chelsea team. Always cannot create enough chances when playing away. Players don't tackle often too.

I posted this on another thread:

I think this game needs to explain more "cause and effect" when changing sliders and putting several different options together.

You should be able to get a summary of your tactic that goes according to the playing modifications you've done, so you know clearly what to expect or so that you know you are getting what you want.

You should also get tactical input from coaches, like them telling you that your tactic isn't solid or balanced in a certain aspect and what you should do so that it works better. Also maybe have coaches tell you what type of tactics and playing style you should do based on the players you have or even get your coaches to help you draft up a tactic/formation to use with good slider settings.

What do you think about this suggestion? It could help new people as well as regulars know if they got something wrong in the middle of building a tactic.