bizarre i always have plenty of ccc but thats how the hammers roll!

Amen Metz!! Ive been havin this idea for a long time!

BTW, this tactic is a nightmare!!! create 1 zillion chances but cant score!!!!! 3 games in a row without scoring, at home too Wigan, Arsenal and QPR!!!!!! 3 teams with rubbish defences! I play Rvp on top, rooney and nani as IF`s with kagawa as Amc! I guess those guys arent good enough..... FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!

BTW, this tactic is a nightmare!!! create 1 zillion chances but cant score!!!!! 3 games in a row without scoring, at home too Wigan, Arsenal and QPR!!!!!! 3 teams with rubbish defences! I play Rvp on top, rooney and nani as IF`s with kagawa as Amc! I guess those guys arent good enough..... FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!

Tactic works well for me. You likely have a weak team... You're more than welcome to create your own. (Sorry for the terse reply, but nothing dictates that you need to use this tactic.)

Are the chances that your team is creating typically long shots? Where are the shortcomings that you are currently seeing with your team performance, aside from missing a zillion chances?

I'm struggling a bit with this tactic... I'm not playing well during the matches and I'm not doing too well. I'm Chelsea and these have been the results thus far:

Man City 2-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-0 West Ham
Villa 0-0 Chelsea
Swansea 1-0 Chelsea
Lille 2-1 Chelsea

I know it's early on but should I stick with the tactic or is there anything I should be doing?

Hi Koflok. Just tested your tactic by holidaying an entire season with Swansea, and thought I would post the results for everyone to see. Ended up on 12th place in EPL, which as very decent, as their media projection is 19th place. I think I could have ended a bit higher with human management - as you can see from the screenshots, the season ended with a horrible run.

The best player of the season was Nathan Dyer, which I think is because he is a right footer used on left wing. That seems to be really important - that you're wingers' strong foot is inside the field.

Anyone is free to ask questions or request additional screenshots.

Finally, thanks for uploading this tactic, I will definitely use this tactic some more, after seeing what it can do, even without human help.

FOR ALBUM OF SCREENSHOTS FOLLOW THIS LINK TO IMGUR ----> Test run of Koflok's Goals Galore - Imgur

If the screenshots are small, just hover your mouse over the pictures, and then press the "settings-look-a-like" button in the upper-right corner of the picture, and choose "View full resolution".

Edit: Just realised the screens doesn't show goals for and against. Swansea managed to score 54 goals (5th best, 1 goal behind Arsenal on 4th) and conceded 55 (14th in league).

Last edited:
Hi Koflok. Just tested your tactic by holidaying an entire season with Swansea, and thought I would post the results for everyone to see. Ended up on 12th place in EPL, which as very decent, as their media projection is 19th place. I think I could have ended a bit higher with human management - as you can see from the screenshots, the season ended with a horrible run.

The best player of the season was Nathan Dyer, which I think is because he is a right footer used on left wing. That seems to be really important - that you're wingers' strong foot is inside the field.

Finally, thanks for uploading this tactic, I will definitely use this tactic some more, after seeing what it can do, even without human help.

FOR ALBUM OF SCREENSHOTS FOLLOW THIS LINK TO IMGUR ----> Test run of Koflok's Goals Galore - Imgur

If the screenshots are small, just hover your mouse over the pictures, and then press the "settings-look-a-like" button in the upper-right corner of the picture, and choose "View full resolution".

Edit: Just realised the screens doesn't show goals for and against. Swansea managed to score 54 goals (5th best, 1 goal behind Arsenal on 4th) and conceded 55 (14th in league).

Supposedly when you holiday, the team only uses the base formation and not the actual tactics. Plus the game might put players in inefficient positions based on unnecessary stats.

Newcastle seems to be very overrated this year :) everyone is using them lol :)

nice tactic again Koflok, glad to see that users are getting good results using downloaded tactics. this years edition is a lot more specific!

good job again mate ;)

Cheers Raikan.

It's not that they are overrated (much), but it seems like people using them a lot because they are a team outside the big 4 which are entertaining to watch and have some very FM-friendly players such as Ba, Barfa, Cisse, Cabaye etc.

Although I do agree Cisse having 20 finishing and Falcao's 19 is just unbelievable.

For me personally, Newcastle is a sweet team to be used as a testing team since they got a lot of variations of players.
You can practically test any tactic with this team.

dude love the tactic im west ham 3rd season top half each season but won both cups each season!!!

jozy altidore smashing the goals in!!

I think this tactic is amazing !!!

I have attached images including my first lot of results up to January ... My squad including Goals, Avg MR and Assists ....

I will also include an image of my transfers as iam now in January and with key players away on ACON duty iam down to my bare bones atm. And also the League table.

I use fluid until all boxes are full then put to balanced and when iam ahead in the game i put to control so i tend to boss the whole game.

This tactic is also good with young players i have played a number of young players when i have had the need to even in big games and they have been superb.

Great tactic im dreading when i come to a real bad patch dont know what im going to do, i dont think it will be long as my big players are missing.

Thank you very much for this, just need to improve defense and at times against big teams i have had to tweak the tactic but none the less it is amazing !

Well done.View attachment 282162View attachment 282163

View attachment 282260first game in the season, after making many of the defensive tweaks suggested in this post, such as support FB`s etc.. No OI`s used...

Glad that it's working for you guys. Got any suggestions to which area that needs to be improved?

When you say lots of chances created, is it CCCs or just shots in general. I would love to help you but it would be great if you can identify any specific issue that you notice.

If it's because strikers are unable to convert CCC then there's nothing I can really do because up to CCC it's then up to your striker to finish them chances. Although I think RVP should not be having much trouble with that.

Did you notice something wrong during play? Like the ball being passed around too much without any danger balls. Or wingers going to the byline and not crossing or instead of cutting inside. Anything?

From there I can work on the tactic to fix such issue.

I'm struggling a bit with this tactic... I'm not playing well during the matches and I'm not doing too well. I'm Chelsea and these have been the results thus far:

Man City 2-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-0 West Ham
Villa 0-0 Chelsea
Swansea 1-0 Chelsea
Lille 2-1 Chelsea

I know it's early on but should I stick with the tactic or is there anything I should be doing?

Weird. I assume youre playing with the trident of Hazard Oscar Mata behind the striker.
Chelsea is the perfect team to use the tactic but honestly before the tweaking I did, Chelsea was horrible w/ me tactic.
I don't know why they just won't pass the ball well like my Newcastle save did.

It's up to you really if you want to stick with it or not. If early signs give a positive signal (plenty of chances, defenders error leading to goals - which by the way check out the quick fix I gave in previous posts) then you may stick with it for a while.

I appreciate the effort and complete screenshots to test the tactic.

But going on a holiday is just not the best way to test the tactic. I know it saves time and somewhat 'test' the tactic, but as you go on holiday the assistant manager will make changes during games which means the tactic used is not really this tactic. It's just the base.

But again, thanks for the testing.

I dont get it.
Why does some people seem to have some really big sucess with this one and for some this tactic doesnt make sense?

It's pretty simple.
I make the tactic as general as possible - meaning a tactic which almost every team can use.

For some teams, for example Newcastle, it might work well because I did the tactic on that team.
There are some teams that has similar variations of players which fits with the tactic and can be used with little or no tweak.
However there are some cases where tweaks are need to be done. Things like team without any inverted wingers, or MC who likes to long shot or whatever. It's all about making those changes to this 'base' tactic to fit your team.

After a couple of days of tactic testing, I seem to make the tactic worse, that is probably why I don't make them lol

I tried tweaking the defensive line for the full backs and centre backs. Also I tried working with the ball winning midfielder to try and provide more cover for the defence. It kinda worked except I was creating alot less chances infront of goal and therefore not really scoring.

Too Koflok, im sorry i was not so specific. the screenshot that i put in is not a prove that it works well for me, since i play with United : ) bit funny though... I did play the game again, with assistants OI and won 1-0 having 66% posession and was far superior on shots statistic. I dont know if its atentional but this is really a posession tactic, i allways have 60% or more in posession.

The problems ive experienced is mostly ;

-the tweaks ive done too the original tactic is :
-changed one of the CB`s too cover
-changed the FB`s too support and changed runs from deep to sometimes, crossing to back post from deep
-moved the defensive line from deep too first tick normal
-used retain posession shout

-even though goals are conceeded from all over, like defensive set piece, they score on every free kick played into my box from outside my box.

-my FB`s are passed very easy even after ive changed them too support, with sometimes run from deep. im clueless how to solve this position! Also, when under attack the FB`s loose their width and come inside the box leaving my FB area wide open to for oposition playmaker to play out to them to effertlesly put the ball in my box.

-throughballs through my defence are very effective, especially after i changed one of the FB`s too cover! he ( mostly ferdinand ) is pulled out of position all the time and the strikers is really havin a go at him! I also notice very often BOTH the CB`s run after the same target/player leaving alot of space for other attacking players. I also moved the backline from deep too normal to get the players involved with the passing, ive learned that short passing is better with a higher backline.

-i have alot of posession, wich is good, but i dont use it well. everybody, including the striker plays ALOT of defensive passes, they recive the ball high on the field but dont go on break! they pass it back instead. even when counter is ticked on, they DONT take the break and start passing. this resoults in loads and loads of pases infront of their box and with their defence well established its impossible to find space for attackers to use so no through balls is attempted. Im not sure if its the striker who is bad at finding space or the midfielders who is bad at passing the magic thorughballs, i would belive playing with a attacking midfielder support would solve this but it doesent. I have also lost faith in the Deeplaying playmaker + BWM combination! not sure this is working so well anymore.. i was thinking to try advanced playmaker + deeplaying playmaker, both on support to see how it turns out.

-also, my players are very very uneffective in scoring goals! to be honest i dont have very many CCC but i do have ALOT of like 50% chances, this might me due to Rvp first season and not fluid with the group, im not sure.. also, when playing with united one can only play Rvp or Rooney in the CF position as it doesent really suit hernandez or wellbeck very well.. i also tryed to play Rvp as right IF, since he has awesome finishing skills with his left foot, and Kagawa on the left, using powell as AMC with wellbeck on top. nani was awaaaazing in the left IF position but Rvp not so great. wellbeck was also useless in the CF position.

-Not sure mate, what to do, i see you experiment alot with the center midfield, have you had any succses? personaly i play with Man United, allways! i would love to have a 4-2-3-1 i can use with them, i guess i have to work on having a 4-2-3-1 with the positions that suits United. I would preffer to have a controll 4-2-3-1 to combine with my attacking 4-2-2-2 who i think is perfect tactic for United as you can play Rvp + Wazza, its an awesome combination and i feel that Rooney doesent shine in the AMC position. I will keep playing around with your tactic Koflok and get you some feedback.. In a perfect world this tactic in a controll form + raikans 4-2-2-2 would be a perfect combo for United.. i will work on it aswell..

*PS (edited) changed the striker too poacher, played nani-rooney-rvp, and poacher, herhandez on top! works VERY well!

Last edited:
this tactic is good .. but it seems like Zone Marking is bad .. I loose when i have zone marking .. I win if i change to man marking.

Cheers Runeaa for the very detailed feedbacks. Appreciate your input and always love to see stuff like this.

And what a good timing I was just about to explain what I've been up to with the tactic. And pretty much it covers what Runeaa just pointed out.

___

The major keypoints in terms of things I need to improve from the first tactic was mainly
1. Fullback running all over the place and always out of position to cover their man and through balls from the middle
2. Passing from backline to midfield is sometimes not that smooth.
3. Too many passes around the box without any penetrating balls.

Okay so first of all was to address the defence. As mentioned I changed the settings a while back ago to support with deep crossing. That is proven to be more effective rather than having a very attacking fullbacks, considering I have no DMC to cover.

I then tried playing with wingbacks. This was to address the transition from backline to midfield. Since wingback is a bit further positioned than central defenders, they provided good passing option and can connect backline-midfield better. So yeah that issue is easily solved by wingbacks.

The downside with wingbacks was it's way too attacking. So I decided to go with 1 DMC and 2 MCs. It also to address the 'passing too much around the box' issue. With no AMC, the wingers were given more space to run into and create havoc in the opponent's area. The result were really good. A while ago I mentioned I had a good run with Chelsea using this tactic. Wingbacks are in particular dangerous here - popping up to dangerous position. Despite of that I decided to play with the formation further because the 2 MCs is pretty ineffective in this case because no one really 'in control' as playmaker was at MCR position and most of the play is done on right side of the field.

So I tried further by playing 2 DMC and 1 MC (playmaker). The idea was to have a 'central' playmaker that is not too further up the pitch and have 2 supporting MCs behind him to make passes. The result is not that good since it was too defensive and not enough ball forward. So the idea was scratched off immediately.

I then went back to the initial formation (but still with wingbacks), only difference was making the 2 MC more defensive and AMC more offensive. AMC is now more of a shadow striker as he makes run from deep often, to make space for wingers to run into. Results were so so. I did not like as the striker were disrupted by the presence of AMC and he did not get many scoring opportunities. So yeah, it was deleted immediately.

Finally (now) I'm doing a 3 MC formation. Playmaker is on central with higher mentality and run from deep with 2 slightly more defensive midfielder supporting on MCL and MCR. The idea is to have a similar to 4-2-3-1 formation but slightly back AMC to give space to wingers. So far so good as everything is going according to plan. I managed to get plenty of chances while surprisingly keeping possession very well (averaging 65% with Chelsea and ~60% with Newcastle). With some tweakings (will be discussed below) I've applied on the back, clean sheets were coming as well.

Now with this tactic. The area just outside is rather lacking of support as wingers are too attacking and make forward runs way too often. So I changed them to support with mixed run from deep. That way they sometimes drop deep and sometimes go forward. It gives them the opportunity to build up play as well as becoming a goalscoring threat.

Note that I've been having attacking wingbacks with this tactic. As said, it's good that they always pop up at dangerous position and sometimes having a go at the goal. The problem is; this causes the wingers to drift outside and thus becoming less dangerous. So I decided to 'sacrifice' the attacking fullbacks and having them as support, crossing from deep. This way they stay wide and wingers can attack the box better.

Finally, the defensive tweak. As many had mentioned, push up defense is better with a 4-2-3-1 formation, so I did that. It gave better possession and defend in overall. I also change the marking of backline to man marking as it seems like zonal marking is just messed up. I also change the marking to loose (not tight), as tight marking usually causes two players to defend the player on the ball too much and ended up opening up space for other players to run into. There are suggestions of having a cover defender but I'm really not fond of it as the space between the defender can be exploited by good forwards to break the offside trap.

Yeah that's pretty much it. Just to sum it up, the new version of tactic should still gonna be a 4-5-1, specifically 2-2-3-2-1. One slight 'issue' right now is that my striker is not scoring as much as the old tactic as now scoring chances are distributed rather evenly to almost all attacking players. I'm trying to improve the scoring opportunities given to the main striker, hopefully I can find it soon.

Any suggestions from what I wrote will be welcomed.

Cheers

Last edited: