I've read it and there are some really good points. The one DMC and two MCs are working out well for me. Granero is playing as advanced playmaker "support" next to Honda who is playing as a box-to-box. Granero has 17 assists in the league alone after 35 games. Could it have something to do with the player you used in that position? Just a thought.

What team instructions do you use, because that seems to have very varying effects on my team, with little or no consistency. I use either short passes and control, or standard on both.

Edit: I also struggle with getting a solid counter attacking version. I try to close down less, as well as playing direct passes, but it doesnt seem to work very good.

1 DMC and 2 MC seems the most stable formation. But I don't like how many of the passes is done on the right (or left depending on your playmaker) side of the field. And it seems that with that formation, not many pass are attempted by the team. Seems kinda rushed in a way.

Right now, at least for me, putting strategies on counter instead of attacking, drastically reduces the amount of passing around the box. I also reduced the time wasting and incresed the tempo, resulting in a lot more chances!

Weird on the counter part.

But I am thinking of playing around with the time wasting and tempo. Will probably have to increase tempo and lower time wasting if I'm gonna stick with 4-2-3-1 which pass the ball around too much.

I might also have AMC to not run from deep and make him hold the ball so that he can spot forward runs.

Hi koflok, got fantastic results with goals galore 12. Had to try 13 when you released it :D

I know there are still issues to iron out but this is what I've observed half a season in.
1. Fullbacks seem to be unwilling to cross. Realised that you have cross on sometimes, can i ask why? (Changed crossing to often in my case resulting in alaba chipping in with a few more assists)

2. The BWM has too much of the ball and doesn't know what to do with it. In my case, I have Nainggolan on my arsenal save, he either passes sideways or just dwells on it till he loses the ball. (I think this is one of the reasons why there isn't enough penetration as mentioned before)

3. When countering, say a 3v2 situation, with me having 1 man with the ball and 2 racing through the middle, the one with the ball doesn't seem to be willing to cross. Instead, he chooses to pass it out to my full back which just ruins the counter. I've had arshavin, cazorla, chamberlain do this.

4. Is it still impossible to get the keeper to do only short passes as with fm12? Szczesny's kicking is just awful and worst still, I have no tall players in midfield to win the headers. Cazorla, arteta, nainggolan, walcott, arshavin, ox :(

5. As mentioned before, with the amc, wide players dont seem to cut in as much as with the fm12 version.

1. The plan was to reduce crossing as I prefer the ball to be played on the ground. It creates better chances supposedly. But if it seems that the fullback just doesn't cross even if there's open space then feel free to make it to often.

2. Yeah it;s part of the issue I'm solving right now.

3. Honestly I have no clue on those situation as all the settings is there. Counter box ticket, attacking mentality, direct passing, quick tempo. I just don't get it why players prefer to play it safe sometimes. Maybe due to their mental ability

4. Mine is distributing short to defender. Have you patch your FM? The first demo had problems with that issue.

All i can say is thank you Koflok! Amazing all the way! :)

Saw my Newcastle United win the Premier League and Europa League first season.
Did a shopping bonanza though :p my transfer budget 2. Season was 300k :O

View attachment 282381View attachment 282382View attachment 282383

Cheers man. Newcastle is awesome with the tactic. I'm enjoying seeing Barfa and Cisse banging goals and assists with the tactic :D

Hi Koflok, I'm playing with chelsea. Won the league one point in front of man u first season, using a 4-2-3-1 tactic with the left offensive midfielder set as ofensive playmaker and my striker as poacher. Also won champions league (2-0 barca in the final).
Anyway, my results were very often 1-0, 2-1 and stuff like that. My point is that I was very lucky to win anything haha. However, season 2. I'm using your tactic, have been doing so for some games now, anyway, here comes the results; 0-0 N.castle, community shield, won on penalties, 1-1 everton home, they equalized in like min 87, 1-0 wolves away, 2-0 man c the supercup (one goal freekick) 1-0 away n.castle and 2-0 home celtic , champions.

The results are pretty okay, but I think i havn't got enough goals in the games...
I'm having between 12-27 shots / game but only like 5-12 on goal and its not very "clear" goalchances.
Im playing like , curtois/cech, Cole, Terry - chaloba/luiz - Azpilicueta/lahm,
Fellaini/ramires - mikel/lamps
Hazard - mata -oscar/shürrle/moses
Torres/Llorente.

Got any tips for me? Its just the goalscoring that lacks. Think im gonna change my fullbacks a bit more defensive and so on.

Thanks for sharing your tactics man! :D

Yeah it's funny when I tried it with Chelsea using the original tactic which is super attacking, they don't seem to be able to break down defense as easy as when I play it with Newcastle.

I suspect that with higher reputation teams, opponents tend to play way more defensively and causes the team to get chances a bit harder to come by.

I'm working on it hopefully I can crack it soon

This is a great tactic, and I appreciate your hard work, but are you updating this anytime soon?

Thanks!

NOTE: Bradford this tactic was wonderful and I found myself in second place in League 1 having only just been promoted from league two (my own tactic :D) however... As soon as I hit January it was as if the game twigged what I was doing and then the second half of the season was appalling and I ended up finishing outside the playoffs.

Koflok

I heard, that the secret of the fullbacks is to cutting inside ;)

Last edited:
i thought the secret is doping?? Am i misinformed?

Sorry, I loved Goals Galore for FM12... but this ain't working for me... getting outplayed in every game, and when I eventually establish a decent play they pass for 5 minutes until they shoot from 35 yards.

Maybe it's the f*cked up match engine, but this ain't good.

Hey Koflok, just another update from me (Some pages ago now).

Still playing Arsenal, tacs are going really well after I read your post about having wingbacks and 3 CM's.

Currently I'm lying in 1st @ English Prem, Played 25, Won 20, Drawn 1, Lost 4, Scored 57, Conceeded 20.
View attachment 282666

My Results are really consistant, I've only had the occassional blip (Losing 1-0 to Wigan in the Prem :( ), but apart from them, it's going amazing :D Here's my latest games
View attachment 282667
Once I changed to WingBacks and made my team Man Mark, I conceed very rarely, and can hold my lead now.

View attachment 282668

I did have 3 CM's for a few games, but I feel (with my team) having an AMC as AP is much better for me (as I have so many players who can play that role so easily). I recently bought Dzagoev (free) and Falcao (£33m - he was unhappy and transfer listed by request). People should look out for Falcao being unhappy, it's a steal for £33m for his amazing talent.

View attachment 282669

And there's my transfers, in case anyone else reading this wondered how much I bought the players for and who I sold.

All in all, this tac is amazing, once the changes were made and you STICK WITH IT!!!! I cannot stress the sticking with it part enough, so many people try these tacs in pre-season or first 2-5 games, lose a game, then quit and blame the tacs. I think FM13 is much "harder" on tacs, and you're team need to gell + get used to the new manager/tacs/playstyle. But once they do, you're onto a winner.

Cheers Koflok!!!

Stuck with the tactic and now 4th at christmas with Roma. Done the changes to the full backs you previously mentioned but still think they seem to loose wingers and almost forget where they are even if man marking is ticked. Might be something to do with the narrowness of the formation. Sometimes when ive struggled to break the opposition down i moved the wingers inside to create 3 attacking midfielders close together and let them roam, and it has worked very well in terms of finding space and the original AMC picking out some nice runs. trying out two deep lying playmakers for the next few games as i think the midfield duo arent really doing much in offensively or defensively and i have de rossi/bradley and yttergard jenssen there who have great stats for either role. Look forward to the update as I know once its polished and ironed out i'l get a scudetto in no time :) cheers koflok

Even though I'm not using your tactic, as I prefer to create my own, this thread is interesting!

Interesting finds people do, when they all come together to try and perfect a tactic "project".

Horrible sentence, hope you get it :p

Hi Koflok, sorry for my english, but thank's for you tactics, i just change what you have previously mentioned and my winger "Run with the ball" to sometime and is great.

But i woul'd like to know when you release you'r update ?

Thx

Koflok we your supporters need the updated version !!!
Lol lol ..

So , i tweaked my chelsea tactic a little, used your goals galore from the start but for me (and other who uses chelsea,) it's a little bit of truble getting results. Anyway, here comes my changes:
First, i've changed so Eden Hazard is my offensive playmaker, on the wing. Juan mata and oscar are "inner forwards" or whatever... Two wingbacks... in the defence i've changed so Terry is, well, "Skillful defender?" dont know how to translate it lol and im playing zonal defending and having my CB's on tight marking. Don't know what more to say, it seems like its working, ive got most of the ball in my games and i even managed to get Torres to score a goal (!!!!)... and below you can see statistics form my spurs game. quite OK i think. Please , give me your oppinion. :)

View attachment 283024View attachment 283025

EDIT: So next game i beat wolves away 4-0. didn't take any pic, cuz, who doesn't beat wolves?
anyway, i got Man utd för the next game, and i put up my starting XI like this:
Curtois
Azpiliueta-Terry-Luiz-Lahm
Fellaini-ramires
Oscar-mata-haxard
Falcao (bought him the day before this game as he was unhappy)

Utd XI was like... wow.
De Gea
Evans-astori-vidic-Jones
Cabaye-Fletcher
Neymar-Rooney-Kagawa
RVP

they also got gaston ramirez and yarmolenko and kaboul. Anyway, the game then. i beat them 4-3. But just saying that doesn't say anything about the game. I was up 2-0, my team did a GREAT job. They equalized, by two headers, neymar and RVP, individual mistakes that NEVER would have happened in a real game. then , i was suddenly 4-2 up, and when i was pressing for a fifth, kagawa scored on a counter. 4-3. A result i think would have been more fair would be like... 7-2 or something. De Gea was a monster and saved shots that he should never even been able to react to... anyway , posting a pic of that match below. :)

View attachment 283044

Last edited:
heeenriik can you post your tweaked tactic here? I'd like to try since I'm looking for a solid tactic.

edit: nvm I just tweaked the tactic a bit. Gonna try now.

Last edited:
Here you go, hope it works!

EDIT; Oh, and by the way, I'm always starting the games as "offensive" , "controll" if its up against the big boys away. But offensive seems to be the best. You may also want to chance so your striker don't always run deep.
:)

Last edited:
Heeenriik your tweak is amazing, gone from 3 draws at the start of the season to just demolishing chelsea 2-0 with newcastle (ok the score isnt big but the stats were) it could have been 6-0 easy and all their shots were limited to long ones.

att göra mål? hoppa, man får inte så många heller. Will have a look how Heenriks tweaks work with other teans.