That is definitely the case. Udinese has been causing my United team some issues, I have them in Champions League play. They kept their backs deep on defense and basically clogged the middle, making sure I had no open passing lanes. My best opportunities came on counters due to the speed.

Yea defensive is rly the only path vs top teams... was hilarious when i was testing this tactic with Udinese vs Milan haha -long ball robinho/Pato takes it down runs tru like tru paper and goal haha ended 1-5 xD
i love playing smal teams and winning, playing real, city, barca etc i feel nothing after a win or league win..feels like i didnt do anything lol. But fm 13 is so hard with smaler teams (with smaler i mean teams like hoffenheim, udinese, parma, espanyol etc)

Yea defensive is rly the only path vs top teams... was hilarious when i was testing this tactic with Udinese vs Milan haha -long ball robinho/Pato takes it down runs tru like tru paper and goal haha ended 1-5 xD
i love playing smal teams and winning, playing real, city, barca etc i feel nothing after a win or league win..feels like i didnt do anything lol. But fm 13 is so hard with smaler teams (with smaler i mean teams like hoffenheim, udinese, parma, espanyol etc)
Yeah, I hear you. It's even pretty hard with some of the top teams, such as Inter. Their age is very problematic, so you have to be very careful with your tactics. I like to try to take a team like Man City and not just win, but make them profitable every month. Hard to do.

The thing with smaller teams is not only they don't have good players, but also it would take much more spesific tactic to fit them.

With the base tactic I gave, it would be 'fine' with top teams since they have the capacity of top players to perform well even with the current settings.

With smaller teams, not so much. You cannot force their traditional wingers to cut inside, or their wingbacks to bomb up and down the field. You don't expect them to play attacking football with high defensive line against top teams.

You NEED to do some adjustment to the tactic. As I said in the first post, I try to make the tactic as plug n play as possible. While that sounds good in general, it also means that you can significantly improve the performance of your team if you tweak the tactic accordingly to fit your team.

Oh yeah about the soon to be released tactic..

I know it's been a while.

Tonight I will be going back to Australia so no tactic tonight.

But tomorrow.. you can expect one to be uploaded.

Cheerss

The new update ruined this tactic even more sadly, have had several games where I only managed to fire away 1 or 2 shots...

im using the 2nd version and in friendlies is working great with united with the new patch

Ok I got a good news and a bad news.

The good news is that the new patch actually makes the tactic better in overall. So the updated tactic I've been working on has not been a waste.

I really love seeing the movement of the players and the passing. Now the attack is sharper than before with many penetrating balls and runs. Honestly this is the most 'exciting' tactic I've made ever in terms of how the players are playing.

The bad thing is.. the defense is horrible! I've tweaked some defensive settings that seems to work on the last patch, but not on this one. My central defenders simply froze there when there's a through ball - suddenly lose the player he supposed to be marking.

And in the wings, wingbacks aren't really closing down well. Either he is outnumbered by opponent fullback and wingers (I really need to make my MCs cover the opponent fullback so that my wingback sticks with opponent's winger, any idea how?) or when he marked the right guy, he doesn't get close enough and give too much space for the winger to cross which almost always produce in a goal. I'm thinking OI tweaks here.

So yeah I'm gonna play around with the defense thingy today. Regardless I found a fix to the issue or not, I will just upload the tactic soon simply because of the attacking force outweighs the defensive errors.

And oh yeah I'm sticking with the 4-2-3-1 formation.

AMC seems to be really deadly in this patch. Vuckic, despite being the 'weakest' player on the starting 11, has been a dominant player on the attack with 4 goals and 4 assist in 8 games. Not too mentioned he is constantly giving out 4-5 key passes each games.

I had similar problem with the central defenders mate on my Bayern save. I set one to cover and one to stopper, the cover guy to man mark and the stopper as zonal.

Have a look at that and play about with the sliders. After a bit of tweaking it helped alot (although this was last patch so I cant comment on the new one sorry)

Yeah I just tried doing that. One man marking defender and a slightly further back 'cover' defender with less closing down and on zonal marking. Still doesn't work. The man marking defender simply close down too much area and leaves oponent striker exploit the space behind him.

I am trying to be more aggressive and push up the d-line further up the pitch with even higher closing down and offside trap. Will see how it goes.

Did you say there is a V2 for this tactic which works well on the new patch? If so, what page is it on as I can't find it on the OP!

Thanks!

Ok I got a good news and a bad news.

The good news is that the new patch actually makes the tactic better in overall. So the updated tactic I've been working on has not been a waste.

I really love seeing the movement of the players and the passing. Now the attack is sharper than before with many penetrating balls and runs. Honestly this is the most 'exciting' tactic I've made ever in terms of how the players are playing.

The bad thing is.. the defense is horrible! I've tweaked some defensive settings that seems to work on the last patch, but not on this one. My central defenders simply froze there when there's a through ball - suddenly lose the player he supposed to be marking.

And in the wings, wingbacks aren't really closing down well. Either he is outnumbered by opponent fullback and wingers (I really need to make my MCs cover the opponent fullback so that my wingback sticks with opponent's winger, any idea how?) or when he marked the right guy, he doesn't get close enough and give too much space for the winger to cross which almost always produce in a goal. I'm thinking OI tweaks here.

So yeah I'm gonna play around with the defense thingy today. Regardless I found a fix to the issue or not, I will just upload the tactic soon simply because of the attacking force outweighs the defensive errors.

Sorry to be a pest - soon as in tonight or soon as in within a few days?

Did you say there is a V2 for this tactic which works well on the new patch? If so, what page is it on as I can't find it on the OP!

Thanks!

There is a tweaked version of this tactic that's is working fine with me, but i'm still on friendlies, so don't get too excited. I don't remember the page, but it's a post with lot of scrennies of players and matches, easy to find.