Koflok's Goals Galore 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 466
  • Views Views 263K
@koflok are you planning on releasing perhaps a more defensive tactic to use in combination with this one for away games or against the big ones

Yes definitely. Especially the defensive issue with fullbacks.

For the time being you guys can try this out for a "quick-fix" of the defending issue
1. Fullback role set to support
2. Fullback Run From Deep set to sometimes
3. Fullback Cross From set to Deep
4. Fullback Cross Aim set to Far post

Kof, early signs are looking good and people should bare in mind that your tactic is work in progress rather than expect instant success. I for one cannot wait for the finished article once it has been polished off :)

This.

Definitely. I am hoping people to realize that this tactic is still in continuous development. So there are still things to improve.
I really appreciate if you guys can also contribute to it, for example if you spot something's bad with the tactic, you can try different settings with that area and report it here.

That would be a major help as opposed to me doing it alone.

Last edited:
I playing with wolves. i used your tactics in november 8 games unbeaten 2 draws 3 clean sheets. been doing good i always seem to concede first then score in the 80th min. not sure if thats because of my fullbacks. but overall best tactic i used so far !

This tactic is class for me. Played 20 games with Chesterfield and had scored 22 goals. Put this tactic in and won 5-0 away, 4-1 at home then 4-0 away so far with only one new signing.

Sitting 3rd with Roma after 12 games. Tactic is going well even though my striker osvaldo cant seem to hit a barn door. Mostly winning 1-0, or 2-1's with the goals coming from wingers lamela and florenzi. If i can get Osvaldo firing i'd say the tactic will take me to a title challenge, only real criticism is the full backs seem to get isolated and forget the opposition winger's position then, concede soft goals which can get annoying, to counter this I move the wingers into a 4-5-1 and it seems to help defensively although the striker is more isolated but it certainly helps when away from home at a decent team for example.

Last years tactic was my brilliant and the best ive used on FM, and im sure only a few minor tweaks can make this just as good

Good stuff! Glad to see it's working on for you guys.

Especially for the first two, good to see that it's working for a non top league team as well. Nice!

The defending issue with the fullbacks is a known issue so I will definitely work on that.

For the meanwhile just try to play more defensively when you're leading and on 80+ minutes (slower tempo, lower mentality, set fullback to defend).

281732d1352237944-kofloks-goals-galore-2013-22f01.jpg

My Arsenal game atm. Haven't played many games....But imo the tactic is working well, just some shocking defending when i've been 2-0 or 3-0 up (Manutd + Liverpool games) cost me big draws :/ But it seems to play good upfront. Just hope SI sort their bugs out

Good stuff so far. Especially on the big games.

I see major flaws in the game in terms of team being complacent after leading and conceded.

You need to motivate your players well, especially on half time. I am really bad at it so I have no input on this.

But tactic-wise, you got to realize that if you know you're winning against big team, you won't be attacking all the time.
You got to know when to start controlling the game and shut up shop when you need to.
Try playing more defensive by having defend full back (see post above) and lower mentality and tempo as well as high time wasting.

That would help you on defending a lead.

Last edited:
wings scored plenty of goals but not AMC. maybe i dont have good one thats why.
i put johan elmander but just now i signed with dzagoev we ll see how it goes.

-corners need to fixed i havent scored any goal yet from corner.

Yeah corners is definitely one area I would like to improve. There haven't any suggestions here though so I'm still pretty clueless as well.

Yeah AMC is not there to score. They provide killer balls and assists for the team.
Once in a while they will pop up to the box late to finish, but that's not his main job. You'll see more from wingers and striker.

I improved the defensive part of changing the instructions to central defenders to man marking, give it a try

not working at all for me with a mid table team in german bundesliga.
problem is the unbelievably weak defence.
there is nothing particular to report, i am getting all kind of goals.
scoring a few as well, but most times less then allowing.

defensive line is way too depp I think, however i was not sucessful in tweaking it.

Will definitely play with the settings around and hopefully a quick fix for the defend will be released soon.

Cheers

I playing with wolves. i used your tactics in november 8 games unbeaten 2 draws 3 clean sheets. been doing good i always seem to concede first then score in the 80th min. not sure if thats because of my fullbacks. but overall best tactic i used so far !

This tactic is class for me. Played 20 games with Chesterfield and had scored 22 goals. Put this tactic in and won 5-0 away, 4-1 at home then 4-0 away so far with only one new signing.

Sitting 3rd with Roma after 12 games. Tactic is going well even though my striker osvaldo cant seem to hit a barn door. Mostly winning 1-0, or 2-1's with the goals coming from wingers lamela and florenzi. If i can get Osvaldo firing i'd say the tactic will take me to a title challenge, only real criticism is the full backs seem to get isolated and forget the opposition winger's position then, concede soft goals which can get annoying, to counter this I move the wingers into a 4-5-1 and it seems to help defensively although the striker is more isolated but it certainly helps when away from home at a decent team for example.

Last years tactic was my brilliant and the best ive used on FM, and im sure only a few minor tweaks can make this just as good

Good stuff! Glad to see it's working on for you guys.

Especially for the first two, good to see that it's working for a non top league team as well. Nice!

The defending issue with the fullbacks is a known issue so I will definitely work on that.

For the meanwhile just try to play more defensively when you're leading and on 80+ minutes (slower tempo, lower mentality, set fullback to defend).

For the time being you guys can try this out for a "quick-fix" of the defending issue

Hi Koflok.

I agree with these instructions, absolutely! I don't use your tactic as I don't download others pre-made ones, but always on the lookout for inspiration, and you certainly are an inspiration!

The deep crosses to the far post is, as well as being solid in defense, a great way to score, espesially when playing with wingers high up the field. The wingers seem to float in unmarked, almost running the ball in the back of the net. Natxo Monreal has also scored a few goals for my QPR, just hitting the cross into the goal from 50-60 meters.. the GK doesn't really react to them =)

But even with these instructions, and quality FB's in Glen Johnson/Monreal, they seem to behave like headless chickens at times! I know this will be fixed by the patch (please be released soon), but I've also had good results playing with two defensive midfielders in a 4-2-1-2-1 system, switching from my preffered 4-3-3 with one anchorman playing behind two central midfielders. I just feel that the balancing role of an anchorman doesnt put enough pressure on the wide players as he need to in the ME we are faced with at the moment. Two defensive midfielders, one as a DLP and a DM cover more space in the arguably most vulnerable area of the ME.

Hi Koflok.

I agree with these instructions, absolutely! I don't use your tactic as I don't download others pre-made ones, but always on the lookout for inspiration, and you certainly are an inspiration!

The deep crosses to the far post is, as well as being solid in defense, a great way to score, espesially when playing with wingers high up the field. The wingers seem to float in unmarked, almost running the ball in the back of the net. Natxo Monreal has also scored a few goals for my QPR, just hitting the cross into the goal from 50-60 meters.. the GK doesn't really react to them =)

But even with these instructions, and quality FB's in Glen Johnson/Monreal, they seem to behave like headless chickens at times! I know this will be fixed by the patch (please be released soon), but I've also had good results playing with two defensive midfielders in a 4-2-1-2-1 system, switching from my preffered 4-3-3 with one anchorman playing behind two central midfielders. I just feel that the balancing role of an anchorman doesnt put enough pressure on the wide players as he need to in the ME we are faced with at the moment. Two defensive midfielders, one as a DLP and a DM cover more space in the arguably most vulnerable area of the ME.

Good stuff buddy.

First of all thanks for the input. Really useful indeed. And glad if I can be an inspiration in making your own tactic. Always love that!

Yes definitely. Deep far post crosses is proven to be super effective now. The wingers on opposite side seems always unmarked and scores rather easily. Will definitely implementing that on next update.

Interesting that you point that out because that is one of the reason I'm switching from my 1 DM 2 offensive MC midfielder to 2 rather defensive MC midfielders. It gives the team width to cover more grounds as opposed to 1 DM running around the area outside the box closing down everyone. But still, the wide players are really OP currently, beating defenders way too easily.

Still trying out some stuff to make the defense click. If I found any I will definitely post them here.

Cheers

Hi Koflok

first and formost thanks for taking time to help everyone with another great tactic!!!

things i found that i found good

deep lying playmaker and advanced playmaker work well together and they chip in with goals
advanced forward finally scoring goals i mainly think this is to do with the attacking nature of the tactic

things i changed to help with how i like to play

bwm reduced his tackling to normal to many bookings and red cards! but changed his closing down to whole pitch

cb's to man mark to try and cope with players running through defence!

thinking of trying some tips for wing backs that you mentioned but also thinking changing marking to man!!

also i noticed that in the league i conceed all my goals in the second half so gonna try counter attacking in second half see if that works hope my feed back is of any use to you and everyone else so thank you again

Byron

Hi Koflok

first and formost thanks for taking time to help everyone with another great tactic!!!

things i found that i found good

deep lying playmaker and advanced playmaker work well together and they chip in with goals
advanced forward finally scoring goals i mainly think this is to do with the attacking nature of the tactic

things i changed to help with how i like to play

bwm reduced his tackling to normal to many bookings and red cards! but changed his closing down to whole pitch

cb's to man mark to try and cope with players running through defence!

thinking of trying some tips for wing backs that you mentioned but also thinking changing marking to man!!

also i noticed that in the league i conceed all my goals in the second half so gonna try counter attacking in second half see if that works hope my feed back is of any use to you and everyone else so thank you again

Byron

Brilliant post mate!

The bolded ones are the ones which have been an obvious weak point with the tactic. I am trying those settings which you and some other guys have pointed out. Will see how it works.

Also normal tackling and high closing down for BWM sounds legit. Never think of that before. Will also try it.

Cheers

idk why I'm feeling like making a 361 formation.

3 CBs, 2 wingbacks, 1DM, 2 CM, 1 AM, 1 lone striker?

Last edited:
It's certainly interesting. Might be a good way to provide cover on the near post defending crosses that the oppositions strikers seem to connect on with ease. It can also give an advantage in having the right/left centre backs providing cover for the FB in the room behind them when the opposition attact with pace, creating one-two's from the wing/FB.

This.

Definitely. I am hoping people to realize that this tactic is still in continuous development. So there are still things to improve.
I really appreciate if you guys can also contribute to it, for example if you spot something's bad with the tactic, you can try different settings with that area and report it here.

That would be a major help as opposed to me doing it alone.

Kof, I have a couple of days off work so will do some tactic testing and let you know how it goes.

Any updates on what to change to this tactic so that it is stabler when it comes to defending?

Are the instructions quoted above changes to make, or they are just for when you want to hold on to a lead?

Any updates on what to change to this tactic so that it is stabler when it comes to defending?

Are the instructions quoted above changes to make, or they are just for when you want to hold on to a lead?

They are not just to hold on to a lead, but for the whole match.

The changes suggested above does not solve the defending issues, but it does help, mate. It gives a bit more balance at the back, as well as the deep crosses to the far post will give you a few goals a season.

The only proper update on the defending is the next patch unfortunately :'( it's frustrating that we now have to build tactics around a non-proper ME, but I guess thats a challenge as well!

There are other "solutions" that you might try, but it also depends alot on other tactical/technical factors of your team. I play with both my CD's as "Cover", which solves some of the unstoppable passes through your defense. I also use two defensive midfielders at all times now, trying to cope with some of the long shots that makes my GK just lay down like an injured animal :)

With this new game, will it be possible to use a single tactic for every match and build your team around it (like Barcelona)?

Last edited:
So far it's working pretty well for me, but I'm not a big fan of hard tackling. It seems that my players even wingers pick up too many unnecessary yellow cards.

Back