Last Striker Standing 2016

WORLD CUP GOALS ARE WORTH 8 A PIECE WITH KNOCKOUT STAGE GOALS WORTH 10. ALSO ALL ASSISTS WILL ACCOUNT FOR A POINT AND YOUTH INTERNATIONAL AND YOUTH TEAM GOALS ARE NO LONGER OF VALUE. WHOMEVER CAN CORRECTLY PREDICT THE WORLD CUP WINNER WILL RECEIVE A +10 UPGRADE TO THEIR CURRENT ABILITY. EACH CONTESTANT MAY HAVE THREE GUESSES AND ALL THREE ARE TO BE SUBMITTED IN THE SAME POST. GOOD LUCK!!

No, no no. Why would you do this Aarøe? Why move to Napoli? I had such a good time at FC Midtjylland, playing lots of games scoring goals etc. Now I'll probably struggle getting on the team, unless I'll be loaned out of course... Happy with my season though, and with the shape of my player :) Already got my first 3 20'ies :)
For the quiz, these teams are my guesses: Argentina, Spain, Germany

Last edited:
Hopefully a loan move too bournmouth works out well. Good to see im scoring regualry . My guesses are Spain, Brazil and France

Oh wow I completely forgot about your mid season move to Southampton, please check the update again.

Ah yeah, that makes a bunch of difference. lol. Love the fact he banged three youth international goals in two matches. :)

Hopefully he can gain first team experience next season.

Edit: Belgium, France and Brazil for my world cup picks. :)

Last edited:
World cup moved?!?!?!
My guesses are :- spain, germany and england

Are stoke in the prem?
Hoping i can do better this season, not that season 2 was bad.
My stats need to start increasing aswell.

Interesting move from Karl Marx, choosing the spanish national team ;) Now it's time to bang in the goals for Levante! My picks for WC: Belgium, Spain, Brazil

Oh, I see that there is a wanted label on Sylvain. What teams are interested in him?

Hopefully i can get quite a few goals while out on loan and then get a move away from city.
Im guessing England France or Belgium

A much better season for Flash!

Im guessing: Spain, Brazil, Belgium

Great Season Boba Fett! The Sixth Lords are very happy with your result. And joining Real Santander is a great choice to get playing time.

My guesses are Brazil, Argentina, and France

Good season from John Cena. Hopefully his career wont be stalled at Arsenal.

Guesses - Belgium, England, Spain

Seemed like a sophomore slump for Dustin Wells. Hopefully the loan will provide some more playing time.

Guesses: Belgium, France, Spain

My guesses are Spain, Brazil and Belgium

Interesting that there are currently now 3 of us at Southampton - who will get the nod.

Just caught back up on this. I went to Spurs on a free after a completely rubbish season? Unusual

My guesses are Italy, Spain and Argentina

Last edited:
I am not doing well in this at all!

Guessing England, Spain and Argentina

Season 3 Final
1. Oluwatosin Oyedemi: 52 Games 32 Goals 10 Assists 4 WC Goals 4 International Goals = 186 Points
What a season for Oyedemi! An incredible goal ratio for FC Augsburg and on top of that, he was named as the European Golden Boy! The first continental award amongst all the players. Then he continued the form to the world cup with 4 goals in the group stages alone! Sadly he lost out to Portugal in the Round of 16 before he could really make a name for himself.
View attachment 207825

2. Tom Drake: 39 Games 27 Goals 5 Assists 7 International Goals = 141 Points
Tom put together quite the season while on loan at Bournemouth. Managed to put together 141 points although sadly Hungary did not qualify for the World Cup.
View attachment 207824

3. Boba Fett: 40 Games 19 Goals 1 Assist 15 International Goals = 99 Points
Great season for Betis as he was the Liga Adelante Top Scorer and despite not qualifying for the World Cup, he scored an amazing 15 international goals during the season to set a LSS record.
View attachment 207823

4. James Scott: 36 Games 18 Goals 5 Assists 1 WC Goal 3 International Goals = 97 Points
James was simply unstoppable during his loan move to Inter Milan from Chelsea, not only was he named in the Serie A Team of the Year but he was also named the Serie A Player of the Year. Continued his momentum into the World Cup but unfortunately only scored 1 goal and didn't come up big when he was needed in the World Cup Final.
View attachment 207822

5. Hans Pedersen: 37 Games 15 Goals 4 Assists 2 WC Goals 2 International Goals = 88 Points

Quite the season for Hans, led Denmark to the second round of the World Cup before losing. Had a pretty good season for Napoli before earning a shock move worth 70 million to Tottenham.
View attachment 207821

6. Flash Gordon: 37 Games 13 Goals 1 Assist 1 WC Goal 2 WC Knockout Stage Goals = 81 Points
Flash had a strangely successful season, was average for Deportivo while on loan and although he came off the bench for most of the World Cup, he managed to score 3 Goals including the only goal in the semi finals and the go ahead goal 3 minutes into the World Cup Final although Portugal would go on to lose.
View attachment 207820

7. Karl Marx: 35 Games 16 Goals = 64 Points
A decent goal scoring ratio for Betis as he also was the runner-up for the Spanish Young Player of the Year award. Yet to make his full international debut.
View attachment 207819

8. Will Score: 19 Games 5 Goals 2 Assists 1 WC Goal 6 International Goals = 54 Points
Will played 19 games for Lyon, with 18 coming off the bench. Was runner up for the AFC Player of the year award and scored a goal at the World Cup for Australia.
View attachment 207818

9. Jean Pierre-Essomba: 36 Games 10 Goals 1 Assist 2 International Goals = 49 Points
Jean didn't have a stand out season while on loan at Rayo as they got relegated but he still went to the World Cup but did not register any goals.
View attachment 207817

10. Lewis Chamanga: 37 Games 10 Goals 1 Assist 1 International Goal = 45 Points
Registered 10 goals for Wolves while on loan and made the Denmark World Cup team but did not feature in any of the 4 games as he played second fiddle to Hans Pedersen.
View attachment 207816

11. James Bardy: 24 Games 9 Goals 3 Assists = 39 Points
Scored 9 goals for Aston Villa on loan but still suffered relegation before returning to Liverpool. Did however make his England debut in the lead up to the World Cup but did not make the final team of 23.
View attachment 207815

12. Dustin Wells: 20 Games 7 Goals 1 Assist 2 International Goals = 37 Points
Didn't perform too well for Atalanta and went to the World Cup with the U.S. but failed to register any goals.
View attachment 207814

13. Shane Tracz: 18 Games 8 Goals 1 Assist = 33 Points
Not a terrible season for Shane as he did enough to stay in the competition. However will be disappointed not to have made his international debut yet.
View attachment 207812

14. Arnold Burmeister: 18 Games 11 Goals = 25 Points
Scored for Southampton twice in 4 Games before going on loan to League 1 side, Brentford then later two championship teams in Reading and Hull City. Still had just the one Norway cap to his name.
View attachment 207811

15. Darren Ferris 10 Games 7 Goals 1 Assist = 19 Points
Darren played games for Southampton, Cardiff and Middlesborough during the year. He scored for all 3 teams, but Sweden did not qualify for the World Cup.
View attachment 207810

16. John Cena: 38 Games 6 Goals 3 Assists = 15 Points
Did not play well at all for Hull while on loan at the Championship Side.
View attachment 207809

17. Tony Thompson: 9 Games 3 Goals 1 Assits = 13 Points
Awful season for Tony as he never really got going for QPR while on loan.
View attachment 207808

18. Sylvain Reveillere: 20 Games 5 Goals 2 Assists = 12 Points
Went on loan to two championship sides during the season, at Reading and later Wigan. Recorded 5 Goals and is still yet to play at the international level for France or England.
View attachment 207807

19. Scott Dance: 4 Games 1 Goal = 4 Points

Scott joined Tottenham for free and he only got 4 games for the team scoring 1 goal and sadly got relegated.
View attachment 207806

Back