Leading Truro City to the Premier League

Truro City

View attachment 64783

September 2020

8 games this month as the games came thick and fast

With our defence struggling and the goals flowing into our net i bring in a couple of extra defenders one a centre back the other a Wing back

View attachment 64782View attachment 64781

Despite our struggles Cody Cooke won Player of the Month

View attachment 64780

Atmosphere has never been lower! What! Thats a bit quick

View attachment 64779

League 2
Truro 4 - 2 Cambridge

View attachment 64778

What a way to start the month with the attacking players in fine form with Kendall, Roberts and Lolos all scoring

League 2
Morecambe 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 64777

We conceded early on before a quick brace around the hour mark including a penalty turned the game on its head but we couldnt hold onto the lead and conceded late on

League 2
Truro 3 - 1 Cheltenham

View attachment 64776

Kendall continues his goalscoring form whilst Lolos came off the bench again to net a goal

Next coaching course is started

View attachment 64775

League 2
Hartlepool 2 - 1 Truro

View attachment 64773

The unbeaten run is over but those few recent results does show we can hang in this league, Battle's poor form is worrying though

League 2
Truro 1 - 2 Southend

View attachment 64772

Another 2-1 loss this time at home, Battle continues to struggle upfront but Lolos did come off the bench to net again

Checkatrade Trophy Group L
Truro 4 - 5 Bristol Rovers

View attachment 64771

What a game against a team in the league above us and one of the southwest teams we want to become bigger than! Battle did finally get out of his goalscoring rut with a couple of good goals

Liam Bellamy a central midfielder joins on a free transfer to add some depth to our midfield

View attachment 64770

League 2
Grimsby 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 64769

Ouch 4 losses in a row including 3 in the league see us plummet back down the table

League 2
Truro 3 - 2 Forest Green

View attachment 64768

We go ahead twice before getting pegged back both times before it takes one of our defenders to net a winner around an hour in and we finally end the losing run

We break our own lowest attendance record

View attachment 64767

Charlie Kendall has continued his fine form since joining with not only 8 goals but 11 assists!

View attachment 64766

Down in 20th place but we are 5 points clear of the relegation places but theirs not much in the league at the moment im only a win off shooting back up the table

View attachment 64765

Truro City

View attachment 64709

October 2020

League 2
Lincoln 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 64708

Back to losing ways again and our defence looked shocking as we concede 4 goals against a run of the mill mid table side

Checkatrade Group L
Portsmouth 4 - 3 Truro

View attachment 64707

We were in a fairytale when we went 3-0 up early on against a side in Portsmouth who are a league above us but our defence just couldnt wait to fall apart as we concede 4 goals and lose our second cup match

Bellamy out for 5 weeks

View attachment 64706

League 2
Truro 3 - 2 Leyton Orient

View attachment 64705

We are the ones who finally have a come from behind win as we go 2-0 down before our former WSM strike pair net 3 goals between them against the team who came up with us from the league below last season

Roberts ends his 11 hour goal drought!

View attachment 64704

League 2
Carlisle 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 64703

I feel as if this is what its going to be like this season our form all over the shop win one lose one. Our aim is looking likely to be nothing more than not get relegated and not get sacked!

A tough draw in the FA Cup 1st rnd as we face Luton from the league above

View attachment 64702

League 2
Truro 2 - 2 Swindon

View attachment 64701

A rare draw as we come from behind with Lolos netting again from the bench before they got a late equalizer to dash our hopes of 3 points

The literally least needed Stadium expansion ever needed is completed

View attachment 64700

League 2
Barnet 0 - 1 Truro

View attachment 64699

Kendall gets the only goal of the game just 7 minutes into the game to seal all 3 points

Watkins out for 7 weeks

View attachment 64698

League 2
Truro 1 - 1 Northampton

View attachment 64697

What a torrid game, they net what i thought was a late winner before Roberts gets his second goal of the month to grab a point, what a brilliant 3 game unbeaten run hey!

Kendall is just too awesome! 14 goals and 13 assists

View attachment 64696

Flying high in 18th place but more importantly 6 points clear of the relegation zone!

View attachment 64694

Been at a wedding for the last few days so not been able to play FM but hoping for a snow day off work today so i can get a few updates out

Truro City

View attachment 64041

November 2020

FA Cup 1st rnd
Truro 1 - 4 Luton

View attachment 64040

Well that was just awful, they were in the league above us so it was always going to be hard, the cups are always based on a bit of luck in the draw as we are a better team now than the one that got to the 3rd rnd previously

Checkatrade Group L
Truro 4 - 6 Chelsea Under 23's

View attachment 64039

Another cup game and another bad defeat, we were 4-1 down inside half an hour but did manage to put on a little fight back just after going 5-1 down with 3 quick goals seeing us 5-4 behind and pushing for the equalizer but they hit us on the break and got the 6th instead

Another new record low attendance this time with just 131 fans showing up

View attachment 64031

League 2
Bury 3 - 4 Truro

View attachment 64029

Another back and forth game this time as we come from behind twice before youth intake player Peacock put us ahead, they equalized just moments later but Roberts managed to net a much deserved last minute winner

Lussey out for 4 weeks

View attachment 64026

League 2
Truro 3 - 1 Dag and Red

View attachment 64025

A very assured performance as we show our league form is coming on nicely after our poor cup form

League 2
Oldham 5 - 3 Truro

View attachment 64024

And the days of highscoring defeats are back, we came from behind 3 times in this match but it wasnt enough as they net two more without reply

League 2
Truro 2 - 4 Crewe

View attachment 64023

And that mid month form is all down the toilet with another shocker of a result and our defence needs a serious sorting out

Kendall is still our best player by a mile with 19 goals and 16 assists in just 27 matches

View attachment 64022

In 19th place as we nearly reach the halfway point of the season and i would take that come the end of the season, we are 6 points clear of the relegation zone too with only 6 points the other way putting us just one place of the playoffs

View attachment 64021

Great to see you doing so well, Truro's location is a huge problem for them I feel so I'm glad you've managed to cope with it! Hopefully you'll be able to avoid the drop this season but you're well on course for that.

Great to see you doing so well, Truro's location is a huge problem for them I feel so I'm glad you've managed to cope with it! Hopefully you'll be able to avoid the drop this season but you're well on course for that.
Yes as i feel the biggest issue is the lack of a catchment area to bring fans into the club, some of the teams two leagues below get more of an attendance than we do now, in Cornwall at the moment they are trying to build a Stadium for Cornwall which was suppose to be joint for Truro City and the Cornish Pirates rugby team who are only 1 league below the Aviva Premiership but theirs just a lack of funds and interest

Truro City

View attachment 63951

December 2020

League 2
Truro 2 - 1 Yeovil

View attachment 63950

A good win against our near local rivals with Allen netting a penalty just before the break before Kendall grabs the second 70 minutes in, they got one back just 2 minutes later but couldnt make up the second goal

Clinton out for 3 weeks

View attachment 63949

Main Keeper out too for similar time

View attachment 63948

League 2
Truro 3 - 5 Mansfield

View attachment 63947

Another highscoring defeat, Mansfield are the top team in the league so a defeat was expected but not to concede so many goals again, its going to be a tough month as we face next 3rd and then 6th in the league

Now this is a bad injury! Lussey out for 8 months with a damaged spine!

View attachment 63946

League 2
Port Vale 4 - 4 Truro

View attachment 63945

Matt Roberts smashes in a suprise Hattrick in another highscoring match, at least this time we got a point out of it, i dont know how to keep the tactic to a happy medium we just seem to score and concede goals constantly

League 2
Wycombe 4 - 2 Truro

View attachment 63944

We continue to be record breakers just not records we want to hold, we have the worse discipline a league 2 team has ever had and we havent even reached the New Year yet! 64 Yellow Cards and 5 Red Cards so far

View attachment 63943

Cody Cooke has continued to impress despite being in now two leagues above what he started at this club at hes not looked out of place

View attachment 63942

Not such a good month but we did face some of the top teams in the league we are still only 6 points off the relegation zone but now 11 points away from the Playoffs but to be fair we are favourites for relegation so if we can go the entire season without even needing to think of a relegation battle im happy

View attachment 63940

Continuing to steer well clear of the bottom two....good work!

Truro City

View attachment 63738

January 2021

First off we start the month with me having to deny a link to Cardiff who are in the Championship two leagues above us!

View attachment 63737

League 2
Truro 4 - 1 Gillingham

View attachment 63736

What a way to start the New Year! We smash 4 past a decent Gillingham side and manage to concede just the once!

League 2
Truro 1 - 2 Rochdale

View attachment 63735

And we are back to business as usual conceding a couple of easy goals thanks to poor defending

Matt Roberts out for 3 weeks

View attachment 63734

League 2
Cambridge 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 63733

A last gasp equalizer from Kendall makes this draw feel like a win despite another indifferent display from our defence, we just seem to concede stupid goals, such as the players dont run towards the player or the ball

I complete my National A Licence

View attachment 63732

League 2
Truro 3 - 0 Morecambe

View attachment 63731

Is the turn of the Year also the time we turn our form around? We win this match with ease, keep a clean sheet, youth intake player Peacock nets the third goal and we get over 1000 in attendance

Bellamy adds to our injury list

View attachment 63730

I cant believe some of the jobs they are linking me with! West Brom who are in the Premier League still now are up for talking to me! Must be my low wages, high coaching licence and wonders i have done with Truro on a small budget

View attachment 63729

Up next is my 200th game in charge of Truro

View attachment 63728

League 2
Cheltenham 3 - 1 Truro

View attachment 63727

Well that wasnt the way i was expecting to celebrate my 200th game in charge of the club, i did like how the media called this game Mission Impossible for Truro,

Cody Cooke has continued his fine form

View attachment 63726

We have moved up 1 place!!!!! All be it only on goal difference, We are now in no mans land, 9 points clear of the relegation zone and 11 points away from the Playoffs with 15 games to go and no cup games this is going to feel like a long end to the season

View attachment 63723

The attendances you're getting make me feel better about Accrington's. ;) Looking very good at the moment mate, if you can somehow find a way to progress then I salute you.

Still keeping well clear of those relegation spots. Even 22nd for your team this year would be a result, so massively overachieving! Keep it up fella!

The attendances you're getting make me feel better about Accrington's. ;) Looking very good at the moment mate, if you can somehow find a way to progress then I salute you.
Thanks mate, the attendance is worrying, will hopefully build up over time with the glory supporters with us now in a higher league, im going to give it a go in league 2 if i dont look like making the playoffs in the next 3 odd seasons then i may have to look at moving on, i think i was mainly unlucky with our cup runs or else i could have made some more money for the team in turn then signing better players

Truro City

View attachment 63249

February 2021

League 2
Truro 3 - 0 Hartlepool

View attachment 63248

Unbelievable Jeff! A solid win against Hartlepool with Battle netting a rare brace early on before Bellamy got the third and the match was all sown up before half time

Whiteman out for 2 weeks

View attachment 63247

League 2
Southend 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 63246

I was jumping after this result! We were 2-0 up early on but managed to let all of that fall apart in the second half as they got 2 goals back and absolutely battered our defence for the rest of the match and we only just held on

League 2
Truro 1 - 5 Grimsby

View attachment 63245

Grimsby and specifically Cardwell showed why we are struggling near the bottom of the league whilst they push for Promotion

League 2
Forest Green 3 - 3 Truro

View attachment 63244

Another 2 points dropped, our defence is a shambles especially in the second half of matches we just fall apart, we were 2-0 up and 3-1 up but still only just about managed to cling on to a 3-3 draw

League 2
Truro 2 - 0 Lincoln

View attachment 63243

This was more like it with a tweak to the defensive tactics and Roberts nets another brace as we take our chances with 3 shots on target and 2 goals scored

Matt Roberts - Found decent form at the right time of the season

We have moved up slightly into 17th place now, i feel as if with 10 games to go we are definitely not going to get relegated now 15 points away from the last relegation place, theirs only 3 points in moving all the way up to 11th

View attachment 63242

You have done really well this year. Relegation is definitely off the cards and you're not too far off the top-half. If you were to push into the top half, it would make a brilliant season into an incredible one.

You have done really well this year. Relegation is definitely off the cards and you're not too far off the top-half. If you were to push into the top half, it would make a brilliant season into an incredible one.
Yes hoping for a late push up the table even if i get close to mid table i will be happy

Truro City

View attachment 63149

March 2021

We start the month off with our Youth Intake, Weatherstone is seen as the main prospect

View attachment 63145View attachment 63144

League 2
Leyton Orient 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 63143

We just about snatched 1 point in a shocking display! Battle got our only goal in a poor performance against the team we came up with from the league below

WBR Egan out for the rest of the season

View attachment 63141

Clinton out for 5 weeks

View attachment 63140

League 2
Truro 4 - 1 Carlisle

View attachment 63138

Now thats the performance i have been looking for with Roberts and Battle both netting braces in a fine display

League 2
Swindon 1 - 1 Truro

View attachment 63135

This was a heartbreaking result as they score a last gasp equalizer after hammering our goal for the last 20 minutes

With not a lot of money in the coffers and too many players in our squad i let around 10 players who were on non contracts, pay as you play deals leave the club

View attachment 63121

League 2
Truro 1 - 1 Barnet

View attachment 63120

Kendall scores just before half time and i really thought we had sealed all 3 points before yet again we conceded a late equalizer, thats 6 points down to 2 in the last few days!

With Battle and Roberts getting in on the scoring action i didnt realise that Kendall hadnt scored for over 15 hours!

View attachment 63117

Battle has got some important goals this month and finally started to find his feet in league 2

View attachment 63116

Despite those couple of poor draws we are flying high in 13th place! I couldnt really wish for any more than where we are right now,

View attachment 63115

Decent little intake there ! Hopefully they can fufill their potential.
Yes mate, a couple of them are good enough to go straight into our first team squad, Peacock and Sheppard from last years youth intake have been getting decent game time so at this sort of level of club youth intake players are key!

Truro City

View attachment 62874

April/May 2021

League 2
Northampton 6 - 4 Truro

View attachment 62873

This is classic Truro City! Score 4 goals but still lose the match!

Kendall out for the last few weeks of the season

View attachment 62872

Wing Back Palfrey banned for 3 matches

View attachment 62871

League 2
Truro 3 - 2 Bury

View attachment 62870

John Peacock smashes in a Hattrick including a last gasp winner! He has really come on this season and will get a few starts in the coming matches with Kendall injured, we have a very favourable few games coming up with most of the sides beneath us in the league

League 2
Dag and Red 2 - 3 Truro

View attachment 62869

We come from behind to win this match comfortably in the end before a last minute goal for them gave us a nervy end, another 3-2 win whilst Peacock netted again

Set to break another record! But not one we wanted to break, most goals conceded in a League 2 season! We have scored the most goals this season and conceded the most! What a record!

View attachment 62868

105 goals scored and 109 conceded

View attachment 62867

League 2
Truro 1 - 3 Oldham

View attachment 62866

Closing in on that record with another poor performance

League 2
Crewe 0 - 3 Truro

View attachment 62865

What a second half performance away from home against Crewe! Peacock started it off before the other two strikers went on to score too.

League 2
Yeovil 2 - 2 Truro

View attachment 62864

A classic Truro moment as we go from a comfortable win against a decent Crewe side to a draw against the bottom already relegated team Yeovil marvelous

We finish the season in 12th! A success i could never have imagined we would reach this high at the beginning of the season! If we had started with this form we could have gone for the Playoffs, i feel as if we are definitely slow starters in each of my 4 seasons in charge

View attachment 62863

Some interesting stats showed the difference between our attack and defense!

We scored in every single match this season!

View attachment 62862

We scored 20 more goals than the closest second placed goalscoring team

View attachment 62861

37 chances created more than the nearest team! Showing our free flowing attacking football

View attachment 62860

Now for the not so good stats,

We conceded 14 goals more than any other team in the league

View attachment 62859

The worst average attendance by over 800 fans

View attachment 62858

Our salary per annum is a 5th of the size of the top team in the league

View attachment 62857

Right so thats my first season in league 2 over and 4 season overall, next season i really need to shore up my defence but more importantly need to balance our books, a cup run especially in the FA Cup will be key to our bank balance as has been the case in previous years, if we shore up the defence and get into form a bit earlier in the season we may well be in with an outside chance of the last Playoff place