League of Ireland - Real football, real fans

Finn

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here follow the LOI? I'm a massive Youths fan, go to see them just about every home game in a season and try to fit in a few away ones too! I also follow the mighty Bohs in the prem as they have the best and most skillful team in Ireland.
Anyone else follow LOI?

Real football, real fans? Isn't the Irish league about on the same level as BSP? I watch BSP football, and it's shocking XD

But no, I don't follow Irish football, sometimes try and manage Irish clubs on FM but the teams are really boring.. No offense, that's just my opinion.

BSP? Are you serious?! Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers are at high Coca-Cola Championship level at the moment! The rest of the prem are at low championship-league one level! With maybe the bottom few at league 2 level. First division would be BSP level.

Its the LOI's motto lol

BSP? Are you serious?! Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers are at high Coca-Cola Championship level at the moment! The rest of the prem are at low championship-league one level! With maybe the bottom few at league 2 level. First division would be BSP level.

Its the LOI's motto lol

I would imagine your First division is semi-pro so it's probably BSN/S. But fair enough, as you can tell I don't know much about Irish football. On FM Bohemians have quite a poor squad lol

Bohemians squad are fairly under-rated on FM but they have the reputation of a top Championship side. (rep 5250). Nah First Division is definately above BSN/BSS. The likes of Waterford Utd and Shelbourne would absolutely walk over AFC Telford/Havant & Watervoole.

My local team would be Finn Harps , theyre not great but theyre an Average team.

Yeah they used to be good, in the prem two years ago. They'll be back. I think I might have seen the Youths play them last season...

Wow that is a shockingly bad match! lol
I've seen plenty of LOI matches and they've all been a lot better than that! Including Youths games in the first division!

Its not the best football but certainly not the worst. Bohs and Rovers could cope no problem in the Championship. LoI can never be fairly judged though cause most youngsters are scouted by English clubs very early. Also there are many talented soccer players that have decided to pursue GAA instead. For example, Denis Irwin was given a choice of football or hurling and luckily for us he choose football. I think Kevin Doyle and Shane Long were in a similar situation so who knows what current GAA players could well have become top class soccer players

Bohs and Rovers in the Championship? Yeah, sure

Lets face it lads, the majority of Irish people try to ignore the fact we have a national soccer league

Bohs and Rovers in the Championship? Yeah, sure

Lets face it lads, the majority of Irish people try to ignore the fact we have a national soccer league

That is absolute bullshit! Have u ever been to an LOI game? The atmosphere is class and we have a fairly high standard league in our country and then come people like u playing it down. No one that is properly Irish pretends we don't have a league. Bohs and Rovers get over 3,000 fans at home games. Thats hardly everyone pretending we don't have a league :S

That is absolute bullshit! Have u ever been to an LOI game? The atmosphere is class and we have a fairly high standard league in our country and then come people like u playing it down. No one that is properly Irish pretends we don't have a league. Bohs and Rovers get over 3,000 fans at home games. Thats hardly everyone pretending we don't have a league :S

The league is still a poor quality, mate. The top Irish teams might just about make it in League Two, don't know where this Championship **** came from

That is complete bullshit. The likes of Bohemians would destroy most league 2 teams and most league 1 teams + do well in Championship. The league is a much higher standard than u think

3000 attendances is pretty bad, that BSP standard, even if their squad was talented enough to play Championship football there would be no point with so few fans. Also judging by that game, the standard is not very high.

I dunno, if Bohemians did play in Championship, they would get bigger attendances

That game was shocking, I'll admit that. But I've seen a lot of top class LOI matches. I've seen better than that at Ferrycarrig Park for Wexford Youths mathches every week I've been. Bohs and Rovers would fill their grounds if they played in the Championship

falkirk would win the league off ireland they play much better football than what i just saw in that "match"

no-offence but the LOI is not even spl standard never mind championship standard... bohomiens might just survive in league 1 if they are lucky...

Super Derry City!!!
I put them in BSP in FM and wen all the way to prem, succesive seasons apart from championship which took 2 seasons.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

falkirk would win the league off ireland they play much better football than what i just saw in that "match"

no-offence but the LOI is not even spl standard never mind championship standard... bohomiens might just survive in league 1 if they are lucky...

Well Derry have already humiliated Gretna, bring on Falkirk:
YouTube- Gretna 1-5 Derry City Uefa Cup 10/08/2006
and yes i attended ;)

Remeber the Bohs game against Standerd Leige last season, Everyone in belgium thought we were a pub side and we got a draw away to them and then they nicked a goal in last min in Dalymount that sent us out but we would have went through on Goal Difference.