League of Ireland - Real football, real fans

MIGHTY BOHS!!!!! your having a laugh FINN. dont look so mighty now 3 defeats in a row.
that rat fenlon putting 4 fingers up to the camera last season to show hes going to win 4 in a row titles. dont think so pat!!!! heres hoping sporting fingal do the job tonite.

MIGHTY BOHS!!!!! your having a laugh FINN. dont look so mighty now 3 defeats in a row.
that rat fenlon putting 4 fingers up to the camera last season to show hes going to win 4 in a row titles. dont think so pat!!!! heres hoping sporting fingal do the job tonite.

Lol! Yeah they're starting to tumble this season all right...a lot to do with Fenlon and his link with the move to Dundee Utd I think. Anyway the main reason I support Bohs is I have a trial there in the summer. I'm mainly a Youths fan.

P.S. Sporting Fingal didn't do the business :p

Sporting Fingal 0-2 Bohemians

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I quite like the LOI, and they have produced some quality players, like Shane Long, Kevin Doyle for example, but those players are championship quality and they are seen as the best players to come from the LOI, I think any of the teams from the LOI would struggle in the Championship, but I think they would probably be mid table in league one for the stronger teams like the boh's and rovers, but the rest I would say are a league two standard.

There is a fair bit of truth in what you said there but theres one thing I don't agree with. Yes Kevin Doyle, Shane Long etc are the best players the LOI have 'produced'. But when playing in the LOI they were certainly not the top players in the league. Kevin Doyle was a good but not exceptional LOI striker, then he moved to England and ripped up the Championship before scoring a decent amount of Prem goals. Theres players who have been unbelievable at LOI level who have never been tested anywhere else e.g. Joseph Ndo, Fahrudin Kuduzovic, Glen Crowe, Killian Brennan, Stephen Rice and LOADS more

Great post Funkey_Turkey..can't disagree with anything you said there.

29663799-turners_cross.jpg

This is a First Division stadium (second tier of Irish football)

Tallaght%20Stadium%201.jpg

Shamrock Rovers : Tallaght Stadium front

TallaghtStadium.jpg

Tallaght Stadium

shamrock-rovers-0-1-real-madrid-6.jpg

Christiano Ronaldo doing a chicken dance as Rovers left back stands un-effected. :L

stpats_174155t.jpg

St. Pat's in the dressing room.

300px-123_Brandywell_Stadium.JPG

The Brandywell : Derry City (Now a Second Tier ground also)

0002bc1e10dr.jpg

Oh and can your Blue Square players do anything like these?? : YouTube- Goal of the month - March 2010 - League of Ireland

Keith Fahey + James O'Shea :wub:

The league of Ireland develops some gems that is for sure :D

i think the premier division is a fairly decent standard but from what i have seen of the 1st division so far this season, tbh its fairly poor...

mfage1 : Yeah Keith Fahey and James O'Shea are great players. O'Shea was amazing at Galway, one of the best wingers in LOI. Fahey was a pretty class CM at St. Pat's too.

Micky139 : Yeah gotta agree. First Division is fairly ****. I'm a massive Youths fan and they're playing some decent football at the moment even though they're 10th. (3 point deduction. Most teams outside of Waterford United, Derry City, Cork City Foras co-op and Shelbourne are plain ****.

Ok this thread has gone waaaay off topic! I started it to discuss the Airtricity League of Ireland with other fans and it ended up just being LOI fans and English League fans arguing over the standard of our league!! :O:S

So back on topic...

FAI Ford Cup 3rd Round Draw

GlenvilleVBohemians Dublin BusVShelbourne Drogheda UnitedVUCD Cork City Foras CoopVBluebell United Longford TownVWaterford United LimerickVTolka Rovers/Tralee Dynamos Galway UnitedVMalahide United Shamrock RoversVWexford Youths Derry CityVBray Wanderers Tullamore TownVSalthill Devon Finn HarpsVCrumlin Utd/Bonagee Utd FC CarlowVMonaghan United DundalkVSt. Patrick’s Athletic BelgroveVAvondale Utd Sporting FingalVMervue Utd Sligo RoversVAthlone Town​
Glenville
v
Bohemians
Dublin Bus
v
Shelbourne
Drogheda United
v
UCD
Cork City Foras Co-op
v
Bluebell United
Longford Town
v
Waterford United
Limerick
v
Tolka Rovers / Tralee Dynamos
Galway United
v
Malahide United
Shamrock Rovers
v
Wexford Youths
Derry City
v
Bray Wanderers
Tullamore Town
v
Salthill Devon
Finn Harps
v
Crumlin United / Bonagee United
FC Carlow
v
Monaghan United
Dundalk
v
St. Patrick’s Athletic
Belgrove
v
Avondale United
Sporting Fingal
v
Mervue United
Sligo Rovers
v
Athlone Town

I for one am keenly awaiting the result of Shamrock Rovers vs. Wexford Youths which is kicking off at 8pm tonight at Tallaght Stadium.

Stadium_151208_BBest_01.jpg

Anyone else support a club playing in the 3rd round this weekend?? If so would love to hear feedback on how you think they'll do. Unfortunately can't see da Youths winning tonight but stranger things have happened ;)(H)​

Shelbourne4-0 Dublin bus cmon lads.
Well done on your victory over us.
Wes Hoolahan was produced by Shels and he ripped up league 1 last year and used to be Blackpools best player

Wes Hoolahan was produced by Shels and he ripped up league 1 last year and used to be Blackpools best player

Cheers zvx :) Yeah was a great win, Youths have 6 wins in our last 7 games in the league now :D Shooting up the league

Its a pity you are run by a mad builder who only lets you play young people from Wexford or you could actually become great.
I have to say though that you are probably the only team guarenteed not to go bust

Drogheda and UCD would be a pretty good match I think, but I don't know much about LOI, but on FM they're of similar quality.

Off topic I'm managing Bohemians now and its really enjoyable, I like taking players like Oliver Norwood, James Chester, Steve Irwin and Wayne Brown and watching them progress into class players for the league. The reputation goes up and you can attract better players to try and get through the qualifying stages of the CL and EL. Very very fun to play as

Its a pity you are run by a mad builder who only lets you play young people from Wexford or you could actually become great.
I have to say though that you are probably the only team guarenteed not to go bust

:L I think you misunderstand Mick Wallace's aims. Although the main idea of the club is to focus on taking in young people from county Wexford we also make signings.

Packie Holden : 30 year old keeper previously at Waterford United.
David Breen : 30 something year old centre back previously at Waterford United.
Gary Sheehan : 21 year old striker previously at Limerick FC.
Anto Wolfe : Centre Back previously at Mayfield United in Cork.

All of the above are key players on the first team.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Drogheda and UCD would be a pretty good match I think, but I don't know much about LOI, but on FM they're of similar quality.

Off topic I'm managing Bohemians now and its really enjoyable, I like taking players like Oliver Norwood, James Chester, Steve Irwin and Wayne Brown and watching them progress into class players for the league. The reputation goes up and you can attract better players to try and get through the qualifying stages of the CL and EL. Very very fun to play as

Yeah should be a decent match although Drogheda are having a **** season and find themselves in a relegation battle.

Yeah I have a Bohemians game myself and I have to agree, extremely fun to manage! :)

I have to say i dont support the league of ireland that much but id never say it was a **** league.I try my best to follow results and my only reason for not following a team is because theres no team in my area Laois/Offaly.nearest for me was athlone town and thats just too much of a drive for me to go see matches.

I know it would never happen but i would love to see a revamped league with a team from every county in it.Fair enough the dublin cork and limerick clubs would have a big advantage over smaller counties it might broaden peoples intrest in the league!

I have to say i dont support the league of ireland that much but id never say it was a **** league.I try my best to follow results and my only reason for not following a team is because theres no team in my area Laois/Offaly.nearest for me was athlone town and thats just too much of a drive for me to go see matches.

I know it would never happen but i would love to see a revamped league with a team from every county in it.Fair enough the dublin cork and limerick clubs would have a big advantage over smaller counties it might broaden peoples intrest in the league!

Yeah I completely agree man. If every County football board entered a side we'd have a great league. But as it is the league is getting better...

Europa League :

1st Qual Round :

Grevenmacher (LUX) 3-3 Dundalk
Dundalk 2-1 Grevenmacher (LUX)
Agg. Dundalk 5-4 Grevenmacher

2nd Qual Round :

Dundalk vs. Levski (BUL)

Sporting Fingal vs. Maritimo (POR)

Shamrock Rovers vs. Bnei Yahuda (ISR)

Champions League 2nd. Qual. Round :

Bohemians vs. TNS (WAL)

this is a good thread btw.
Im a pats fan and I know for a fact we would survive in the championship or top of league 1
since we are only part-time we would lack the fitness but Rovers are full-time and they did great against one of europe's best in Juve .

Shamrock Rovers v Juventus

Shamrock Rovvers did the league of ireland proud against juventus, when they got the ball down and started to play, Juve didnt know what to do and Rovers often threatened from set pieces. Only for a brilliant free kick from Del Piero in Italy, Rovers would have come away with a draw. It shows that the League of Ireland can compete with Europe's top sides

Real football, real fans? Isn't the Irish league about on the same level as BSP? I watch BSP football, and it's shocking XD

But no, I don't follow Irish football, sometimes try and manage Irish clubs on FM but the teams are really boring.. No offense, that's just my opinion.

Ah pal, Some LOI teams are on par with league 2..

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I'm a lapsed Shamrock Rovers fan.
In fairness, the football is shocking lads.

May I present the two best teams in The IPL. :(

YouTube- Bohemians 2-1 Shamrock Rovers

Ah no Saint Pats are one of the best teams in the league

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

falkirk would win the league off ireland they play much better football than what i just saw in that "match"

no-offence but the LOI is not even spl standard never mind championship standard... bohomiens might just survive in league 1 if they are lucky...

Dude you are aware that the SPL is really only Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and a combo of **** teams???

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

i follow drogheda in some way as part of my family lives there and one member is a massive fan, goes to games all across europe to watch them, are they any good?

They are on the way up.. Me college coach got appointed the new manager the other day.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Come on the Super Saints Pete Mahon is god

Go on the SUPERSAINTS!!

Finn you said Fahey was pretty class for Pats? He was the best player in the league by a long shot!!!:)

He is me cousin and the reason I followed Shels, hopefully he will have a good season in the Championship now with Norwich

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Just thought I would say that Rovers did very well against a Juventus side losing only 1-0 over their and also I'm at work now so cant get onto Youtube but can someone post the video of the Bohs and Rovers match that finished 6-4 or something it was when Roddy Collins was manager, the greatest ever L.O.I game