Survival is the main aim, as media prediction is 24th ie rock bottom

Then I would not care too much if getting spanked big time every now and then. Try to encourage the players after big losses

BTW: I changed the name of the title so its more on topic :D

Last edited:
I'm going to treat this like it's the bible, I'm not that good at FM and this looks like it will really help.
I will share any tips I pick up along the way

Another small hint.

Dont overdo it with shouts but instead, start out by using only 3 group shouts.

Retain possession, pass to feet - play more narrow: When wanting to be more cautious

Get ball forward - pass into space - play wider: When wanting to attack more

Hassle opponent: When you really want to put pressure on them

This way, you also get to learn how the flow actually changes when implementing these shouts. If you still feel you dont get the hang of it, then remove the pass to feet and pass into space and look if its easier to spot the changes. Never use more than these shouts until fully mastering them

And now my first win ;), think the key was not to overload the touchline shouts... jjh if you read this look at what TBH has said.. almost like a magic wand !!

And now my first win ;), think the key was not to overload the touchline shouts... jjh if you read this look at what TBH has said.. almost like a magic wand !!

yes, one has to be carefull with them.

Like for instance, if playing a 442 and one shouts the following

Exploit the flanks: Here, the wide players gets a higher mentality and gets forward more often AND the central mids holds the ball
Overlaps: Here, the MR/L will hold up the ball to !
So if using these together, all mids will hold up the ball and if using " play wider" to, then you are in for trouble as your formation will play really, really wide along with playing too patient having all 4 mids holding the ball.

So, just use one of them.

FM Bases' version of Harry Potter weaves the magic once more.......

Unless you have tweaked any of the player settings, It looks **** solid. Enough players moving between the lines ( players dropping deep, getting forward etc). My only concern is that you are using the FC as the main playmaker. Is he good enough for this ?. If not, then perhaps tick the playmakers box and set it to "none"

I play on classic so i'm aware that not all of these things will be relevant but i'm currently having trouble with wigan in the pre-season friendlies....I bought Zaha as i was playing formations with wingers but they haven't worked well due to wigans defensive frailties but i switched to a 5-4-1 and just lost again.
Even though i lost all my friendlies except from one against clyde i'm not very bothered because with the first match i've played a 5-4-1 on I lost 1-0 and had around 13 more shots than them and 52% possession.
I've just got to figure out who is my short coming in the defence and sell some people to buy a better player.

In a side note to this,I have been using the "Find similar players" to see if the guy is the best in the postition in the club...Is this useful or just not worth doing?

Thanks