Will continue with it, until I either reach safety, and then carry on, or if I get me P45 then chose another side...

I everyone! I want to know how to set-up this two players in a classic 442.

Alister Tangani - PL
nRVgu0j.png

Mamadou Diawara - PL
VaxjZLX.png

Last edited:
He has made me think about a lot of things Kitchin, as I was at a point of not playing again.... am starting to get to grips with it

no i ment im at the point of giveing up with my fc utd save

Hello Guys/Girls,

I can relate to this quite a lot, im a complete noob and i always rely on other peoples tactics, how do you setup the perfect formation for a player,

Do you play them in their preferred role?

How does personality relate to the formation?

Chers chaps.

Hi Irvine, I tend to play them in their preferred roles, but the needs of the team come first... have a look at the team report to see who are your best players in the roles on the pitch

so is there any thing tbh has told you that you can pass on i really want to make fc utd as big as i can thanks
All he said was to go through all of your squad players, making note of strengths and weaknesses, as you can see with another thread, I use the players in their preferred roles, but if you have several players who can play in that role, compare them against each other and chose the best. Also what I have found really useful, is to look at the team report, as this will give you a list of your best players in each position... Good luck and let me know how you progress

Or just push up the wingers and switch to cocountering

It might also be better if you start out with a team good enough to finish 5-12
I seem to be suffering from the xmas syndrome, in that i can't get a team past christmas without being sacked. Took your advice this time and started with a media predicted side between 5th and 12th, plumped for Plymouth, 3 games in so far won 2 and lost 1, again will keep you posted....

sacked AGAIN at Christmas... Bristol Rovers next.. who knows by the time the week-end has been and gone, I may even get to manage all the clubs in League 2

Last edited:
I seem to be suffering from the xmas syndrome, in that i can't get a team past christmas without being sacked. Took your advice this time and started with a media predicted side between 5th and 12th, plumped for Plymouth, 3 games in so far won 2 and lost 1, again will keep you posted....

sacked AGAIN at Christmas... Bristol Rovers next.. who knows by the time the week-end has been and gone, I may even get to manage all the clubs in League 2
Suffered Xmas syndrome again, with Bristol Rovers, however am more settled with Bury in League 1, keeping tactics simple, and adjusting match preparation, in line with the opposition. Will report back at end of first season, about half way to go

hi guys been reading this thread and its quite helpful, I've just started a new save as Leeds and im really struggling (P4 L4 scored 0 conceded 13) this is my current tactic View attachment 306992 can anybody see from this why it might be going so badly?