hi guys been reading this thread and its quite helpful, I've just started a new save as Leeds and im really struggling (P4 L4 scored 0 conceded 13) this is my current tactic View attachment 306992 can anybody see from this why it might be going so badly?
Assuming your current Leeds save is still in the championship... It's a bit lop sided the formation that you are using... If Diouff has good att midfield attributes may I suggest a 4-4-2 diamond or the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond also suggest you use a balanced control approach to your style of play..... Let me know how you get on....good luck !!!!!

Spoke too soon... Sacked at Bury.... Gone to live in Norway to manage a team called Odd-Grenland..... will post screenshots along the way.....

****** **** mate, you're really not having much luck are you?! Getting sacked a **** of a lot!

Good thread though, I have picked up a few tips here.

Hello. I'm not new to FM. Well a bit. I have been playing FM 12 until FM13 came out. I have also the PSP version and Android. I am currently managing Arsenal in the PSP and Dag & Red in android. The arsenal save is good but I dont feel the thriving emotion of leading it far because its already in the top(I mean in the Premier and Champions/Euro) so I am using my save of Dag & Red and I am absolutely excited with it. I have won 2 JPT, I just won my first FA Cup vs Man U, and I currently have them in the Championship mid table but it just started. Also I am loving the players, made some buys and some old ones retired/free transfer. Well I am using a 4-2-2-2 formation, 2 WB, 2 CD, 2 MC(1 DLM,1 AP), 2 IF, and 2 ST(1 TM and 1 Poacher,AF sometimes), the tactic is Attacking, Short passing, Commited, Press more, Counter attack and thats it. I am trying to make it work in FM 13 PC but I havent made that or another tactic to work. I need some help please, I didnt want to made another thread because this one was "specially" for that. Thanks in advance.

This is my squad initially and the tactic I tried to "copy it" from my Handheld version one.

The first picture is the squad I use in the Handheld version. He doesnt appear there but Dwight Gayle is awesome in the handheld and I hope he grows here also. the other 2 are the squad report by default of my *** Manager. the 2 first in the bottom are the entire squad and the 3rd is the tactic.

Last edited:
Why not try a more balanced control approach, and have the style of play more direct, as well as a more disciplined stance.... Let me know how you get on... Good Luck !!!!!!

the rest the same? even the formation is good? thanks for the answer

If you don't get success with the formation in your screenshots, perhaps try 4-4-2, with balanced control approach

I will start a new game with Swansea. I looked to their squad and I think they have a really good team for a team predicted 19th. I will use a 4321 (Wingers).

GK - Vorm
DR - Full Back - Support - Angel Rangel
DL - Full Back - Support - Neil Taylor
DC - Central Defender - Defend - Chico
DC - Central Defender - Defend -Ashley Williams
MCR - Centre Midfield - Defensive - Leon Britton
MC - Advance Playmaker - Support - Cirigliano
MCL - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support - Kim Sung-Yeung
AMR - Winger - Attack - Nathan Dyer
AML - Inside Forward - Pablo Hernandez
PL - Target Man - Attack - Michu

I think the roles and duties are ok. If anyone think I'm doing something wrong please tell what and why so I can learn more.

Now comes the part that I don't understand. Team instructions and shouts. I just can't get it right. Please someone help understand this because it's the only part of the game that I realy strugle.

If anyone want any screenshot please let me know. I will post the transfers soon.

Sorry for my english :)

I will start a new game with Swansea. I looked to their squad and I think they have a really good team for a team predicted 19th. I will use a 4321 (Wingers).

GK - Vorm
DR - Full Back - Support - Angel Rangel
DL - Full Back - Support - Neil Taylor
DC - Central Defender - Defend - Chico
DC - Central Defender - Defend -Ashley Williams
MCR - Centre Midfield - Defensive - Leon Britton
MC - Advance Playmaker - Support - Cirigliano
MCL - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support - Kim Sung-Yeung
AMR - Winger - Attack - Nathan Dyer
AML - Inside Forward - Pablo Hernandez
PL - Target Man - Attack - Michu

I think the roles and duties are ok. If anyone think I'm doing something wrong please tell what and why so I can learn more.

Now comes the part that I don't understand. Team instructions and shouts. I just can't get it right. Please someone help understand this because it's the only part of the game that I realy strugle.

If anyone want any screenshot please let me know. I will post the transfers soon.

Sorry for my english :)

cirigliano's more of a dlp

Last edited:
cirigliano's more of a dlp
Yes you're right, for now. But in the future he will be the Advance Playmaker because I will buy Jonas Svensson, who will be the Deep Lying Playmaker. If I want to put those two in Starting XI has to be that way. What you think? If you want a screenshot of Svensson, let me know ;)

if you do then obvs you'll have to tach him the right ppms as well as unlearn any of the ones he might have now, an set training focus to improve the attributes needed to make him a decent ap

I am already teach the PPM "Try killer balls often". Can you tell what PPM's are good for each position? I know some of them but not all.

My Swansea Team

A litle update. I bought all the players I want for now, and made all my Friend Games. I am about to start the League. Here's some screenshots.
My Squad - General and Training View
67cTtn8.png

RUcyRn4.png

Tactic
BSMDV99.png

Fixtures
TkCi39l.png

Transfers
i5mbWgC.png

I still need some help with the team instructions and shouts. I just don't know wich one to choose. If anyone could help here.

Last edited:
You seem to be playing Michu out of position.. May I suggest going 4-2-3-1 with Michu as the AMC behind the lone striker... just a thought....

your team instructions are basically how your team should play
shouts are used more according to the situation so you may use many different combinations in a match just due to one situation.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/110168-raikan007s-fm13-tactical-guide-beginners.html - will help with team instructions and good link for shouts and generally a top guide

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/110163-kris-swan-song.html

You seem to be playing Michu out of position.. May I suggest going 4-2-3-1 with Michu as the AMC behind the lone striker... just a thought....
I think Michu it's a perfect Target Man, and considering my players on the midfield, I think this tactic suits my team very well. But thanks anyway for the tip, discussion is what I need ;) But, playing him in AMC what role do you suggest?

your team instructions are basically how your team should play
shouts are used more according to the situation so you may use many different combinations in a match just due to one situation.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...raikan007s-fm13-tactical-guide-beginners.html - will help with team instructions and good link for shouts and generally a top guide

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/110163-kris-swan-song.html

I already read it, but I will take another look, thanks.