Leeds Utd - Returning Leeds To The Promise Land

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 252
  • Views Views 88K
Looking good there mate, as a Leeds fan I would love to see you get promoted. Any chance you can post your tactics? I'm having a mare on my Leeds save losing most weeks so would like to see what you've done. Cheers.

Looking good there mate, as a Leeds fan I would love to see you get promoted. Any chance you can post your tactics? I'm having a mare on my Leeds save losing most weeks so would like to see what you've done. Cheers.
Thanks mate, the tactic was on the tactic sections of this site called 4231Simple and i made just a few simple changes from it including having a target man instead upfront and i think instead of a standard tempo we go for attacking.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of your tactics and team instructions please? I've been tweaking with a 4-2-3-1 but not having much luck - 20th after 12 games and conceded 24 goals! Thanks.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of your tactics and team instructions please? I've been tweaking with a 4-2-3-1 but not having much luck - 20th after 12 games and conceded 24 goals! Thanks.
I will do when i have caught up with the thread as im into next season and dont want to give away if i got promoted or not,

Leeds

View attachment 196482

February 2016 - Part 2

Leeds V Nottm Forest

View attachment 196481

Ulloa has another poor game but we have Aarons to thank for grabbing us a point as we come from behind twice in this game thanks to goals from him including an 89th minute equalizer.

Not looking good in the Cup with 2 injured Strikers and 2 more cup tied

View attachment 196480

FA Cup 4th Rnd Replay
Leeds V Sunderland

View attachment 196479

What a match to grab your first goals of the season as Lee Erwin starts his first game of the season and scores within the opening 6 minutes before sealing the win with a 75th minute penalty.

Leeds V Middlesbrough

View attachment 196478

Ulloa is still yet to find his feet with us but the man who replaced him fellow loanee Clinton N'Jie came off the bench to net the only goal of a very close game.

A massive 10 match unbeaten run in the Championship now including 8 wins from our last 10 games

View attachment 196477

FA Cup 5th Rnd
Leeds V Watford

View attachment 196476

Dont ask me why but Ulloa was no longer cup tied and he finally put in the performance i was hoping for as he grabbed a quick brace right before half time after Cook had already netted early on as we beat yet another Premier League side showing were we truly belong!

Did you sign Ulloa after the original tie? If so, that's why he couldn't play.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 196475

February 2016 - Part 3

Leeds V Fulham

View attachment 196474

10 game unbeaten run lasting for over 2 months, flying in the Cup and then all of a sudden Fulham come along and dismantle us inside half an hour, this was a crazy first half with all 6 goals coming in the opening 32 minutes of the game.

Unbeaten Run Over

View attachment 196473

I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw he was still available as a player so i snapped up the Legend Roberto Carlos on a free transfer as backup for Charlie Taylor my only proper left back

View attachment 196472

He Is absolute pants now but i dont care

View attachment 196471

Brighton V Leeds

View attachment 196470

Hopefully a new Unbeaten run is set to begin as we manage to just about beat Brighton 2-1 with Ulloa netting twice not long after they had a player sent off, they managed to get one back in the second half but it wasnt enough to catch us.

League Table

View attachment 196469

Despite the slight hiccup of losing to Fulham are recent form has been incredible especially with Hull slipping up and we now top the table on goal difference and have a game in hand.
Our first priority has been complete as we are now mathematically save from Relegation and can now look forward to confirming a spot in at least the play offs.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 196468

March 2016 - Part 1

Birmingham V Leeds

View attachment 196467

Ulloa all of a sudden cant stop scoring as he gets the opener before winger Stuart Dallas grabs the second! The whole squad has been amazing for me so far with the players i know from before like Byram, Mowatt and Cook playing well but its the ones i have never heard of that have done so well for me like Taylor, Sloth and Stuart Dallas whos fast becoming our best player this season.

Leeds V Bolton

View attachment 196466

It was a crazy first half with 7 of the 8 goals scored before half time, we were 3-0 up early on before they netted one back, we then had Ulloa score in the 35th minute before they grabbed one back in the same minute, Dallas grabbed the 5th goal only 2 minutes late before they got there 3rd deep into the second half.

Mowatt out for 4 weeks

View attachment 196465

Wish this youth intake player was a little better with the lovely name **** Dunkley

View attachment 196463

My best youth intake player just so happens to be a LB, if i had known i would be getting him a week ago i wouldnt have brought in Roberto Carlos.

View attachment 196462

Cardiff V Leeds

View attachment 196461

After a slow start to his Leeds career Ulloa has now netted in 6 games on the bounce, before Doukara grabs a rare second, hes barely got a look in in recent months after being so key to our early season form.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 196312

March 2016 - Part 2

FA Cup 6th Rnd
Brighton V Leeds

View attachment 196311

Well i just dont know what happened here! Maybe we got too big for our own boots and thought we could just turn up and win this match after beating Premier League sides Watford and Sunderland in previous rounds but we ended up being on the wrong side of a thrashing.

Blackburn V Leeds

View attachment 196310

A bit of Cup hangover maybe? As we get comfortably beaten by Blackburn and it was all one sided as despite conceding 3 goals our keeper got a 9 star rating thanks to so many saves!

Roberto Carlos Becomes Leeds Oldest Player

View attachment 196309

Leeds V Huddersfield

View attachment 196308

We have a shed load more chances and possession but just cant find the back of the net but they came into the second half looking a lot better and grabbed a couple of sneaky goals.

Lewis Cook Wins another Young Player of the Month

View attachment 196307

League Table

View attachment 196306

So despite back to back losses in the league and 3 in a row overall we are still now top of the table 2 points clear of Hull who must have also had a bad spell whilst we are 10 points clear of third place and cannot official finish below 17th place now.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 196298

April 2016 - Part 1

Rotherham V Leeds

View attachment 196297

The slump is truly upon us! We dominated this match with **** of a lot of chances whilst they managed two goals from the 3 shots on target they had!

Leeds V QPR

View attachment 196296

I really thought we could end the slump today considering QPR didnt even have a shot on target and Mackie was sent off in the first half but it wasnt to be and we just about grabbed a draw so at least the losing run is over.

Burnley V Leeds

View attachment 196295

We havent won in 5 league matches now and i just dont whats happening, nothings changed but we just have seemed out of sorts since the Brighton game and could well be in a huff from getting knocked out of the Cup i dont know.

Leeds V Reading

View attachment 196294

We started off so well and went into the lead twice but it wasnt to be as we let our lead slip with seconds to go and the winless run in the league continues.

Despite being on a 6 game winless run we have confirmed a spot in at least the Play-offs for this season.

View attachment 196293

Leeds V Wolves

View attachment 196292

3-0 up with Ulloa finally finding a bit of form again but they got one back and then we had Browning sent off and they got a penalty and i thought it was all about to collapse again but the penalty was saved and we just about held out!

Leeds Utd

View attachment 196140

April 2016 - Part 2

Hull V Leeds

View attachment 196139

A pretty even game but Hull managed to win it and are flying high at the top of the table now and look a cert to win the League after beating us.

Leeds V Charlton

View attachment 196138

Dallas nets first before Ulloa grabs the second inside 22 minutes and we coasted from there, we never looked like losing this game and should have really netted several more decent chances.

Leeds have won Promotion to the Premier League with 1 game to spare

View attachment 196137

Preston V Leeds

View attachment 196136

We pick up a brilliant win to end the season netting twice before they came back in the second half to even it up before we grabbed two late goals to seal a very nice win.

Lucky this season has just finished as Ulloa is out for 4 months

View attachment 196135

Final League Table

View attachment 196134

We finish up an amazing season as we achieve promotion to the Premier League in my very first season of trying, We were 5 points behind Hull in second place but an impressive 6 points clear of 3rd placed Bristol City another surprise high placing side.

Left Back Rolfe Becomes Youngest Ever Leeds Player

View attachment 196133

Leeds Utd

View attachment 196115

May 2016 - Part 1

Squad In Order of Most Apps

View attachment 196114

Top Goalscorer - Souleymane Doukara - 19 Goals - He was on fire for us at the start of the season but its hard to believe he managed to stay top goalscorer after he picked up a bad injury before Christmas and barely got a look in after Christmas

View attachment 196106

Best Player - Alex Mowatt - He may have only netted the one goal but he set up 11 more and pretty much ran our midfield this season.

View attachment 196105

Best Young Player - Lewis Cook - Just 19 years of age with 5 goals and 9 assists whilst he got 6 man of the matches

View attachment 196104

Leeds End of Season Awards

View attachment 196103

All the Leeds fans love Lewis Cook as he runs away with the fans player of the year award

Leeds Season Review

View attachment 196102

We make an impressive £11Million in Profit this season

View attachment 196101

amazing ...i'm doing a save with my beloved leeds too and am top in jan at the moment

amazing ...i'm doing a save with my beloved leeds too and am top in jan at the moment
I cant believe how good they are on FM to be honest as they are a bit pants in real life, well saying that they have won a few games recently

Gongraculation for the promotion !!! What will be your transfer budget by the way ?

I cant believe how good they are on FM to be honest as they are a bit pants in real life, well saying that they have won a few games recently

yeah we are playing well and now 7 points from the play off places....on my save we won the league

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195566

May 2016 - Part 2

Championship Playoff Final

View attachment 195565

Bristol City's fairytale season comes to an end after they manage to finish 3rd in the regular season around 20 places better off than they were expected but fall at the final hurdle to Derby County.

Stuart Dallas Wins Player of the Year

View attachment 195564

Lewis Cook Wins Young Player of the Year

View attachment 195563

6 Leeds Players in the Team of the Year

View attachment 195562

And finally for the month we manage to bring in Carlton Cole as a coach as he retires at just 32 years of age!

View attachment 195561

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195560

June 2016 - Part 1

Our first signing for the Premier League is Jordan Rhodes for £6Million from Blackburn and we can only hope he brings his goalscoring prowess to the Premier League.

View attachment 195559

Jordan Rhodes - ST

View attachment 195558

Tyias Browning is staying for another season on loan

View attachment 195557

Loftus-Cheek is staying for another year too

View attachment 195556

Leonardo Ulloa is staying full time now after we make his loan deal permanent for just £3Million, i felt like these 3 cheap deals were important for the squad and morale as a whole as i didnt want to change too much with the side and felt we were losing far too many players at the end of the season from loan deals.

View attachment 195555

Leonardo Ulloa - ST

View attachment 195554

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195535

June 2016 - Part 2

A cool £87Million heading our way from TV Rights

View attachment 195534

Season Expectations

View attachment 195533

So i said we would avoid relegation as that has surely got to be our only aim this season after a very unlikely Promotion, We have spent most of the money we were given but it was around £16Million with a little bit in the wage budget and we have around £5Million left.

24 year old England International Andros Townsend Joins for just £4.2Million

View attachment 195532

Andros Townsend - AML

View attachment 195531

I tried to bring back Aarons for another season on loan but Newcastle were having none of it, i could have done a deal for £12Million but with Townsend available for less than half that the deal was not worth doing.

View attachment 195530

N'Jie was poor for us and if you cant make a Championship side your definitely getting nowhere near Tottenham's first team this season.

View attachment 195529

Back