Leeds Utd - Returning Leeds To The Promise Land

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 252
  • Views Views 88K
Leeds Utd

View attachment 191594

May 2017

Despite being rubbish in real life, the Chelsea on FM have been unstoppable now winning the Premier League 3 years in a row.

View attachment 191592

Leeds V Tottenham

View attachment 191591

Our injury hit side manages to just about sneak a win against Tottenham in a game they should have won easily, Doukara netted first before Spurs got one back on the hour mark, we won the game though thanks to a Vertonghen own goal just 7 minutes after Spurs got back into the game.

Icardi breaks the Premier League Record for most Goals in a season with 37 League goals in 38 league games

View attachment 191590

Sunderland V Leeds

View attachment 191589

I really thought Lee Erwin had grabbed the winner for us in a rare start for him but Sunderland managed to grab a very late equalizer with seconds left of normal time.

Leeds V Everton

View attachment 191588

Goals from Doukara and Ulloa condemn Everton to the Championship, I just cant believe how rubbish they have been this year considering they still have all of their top players from the start of the game.

We get £24Million for our 8th place Finish

View attachment 191587

League Table

View attachment 191586

8th place in our first season is amazing, we were literally hoping to just scrape 17th place but almost got European Football we were a good 10 points off 7th place Stoke but had a 19 point gap from the relegation zone and im hoping next season with a decent amount of money we can push for Europe next season and maybe even a Cup run.

Congrats on a great season! Icardi though, hope he keeps that up next season :P

A very nice way to reintroduce Leeds to the big boys! Well done !

Congrats on a great season! Icardi though, hope he keeps that up next season :P
He got 5 league goals against us in 2 games! Hope hes just a one season wonder!
A very nice way to reintroduce Leeds to the big boys! Well done !
thanks mate, was surprised at how well we did, think the board giving us that extra money in the winter helped the squad big time.
Great finish for you, hope you push on further next season.
Yeah i think we can get European football next year but depends on the board, it helps that Leeds are a big club because i should get a bigger budget i hate it when you feel as if your doing well and have a load of money coming in and then get a transfer budget of like £12Million, this happened when i was Plymouth Argyle in the Premier league a few years ago!

Leeds Utd

View attachment 191315

End of Season Stats and Awards - May 2017

Squad in Order of Most Apps

View attachment 191314

Top Goalscorer - Leonardo Ulloa - 23 Goals and they were all in the League as he fired us up the table with a second season of super scoring.

View attachment 191313

Best Player - Victor Moses - He only joined in the winter window but he made an almost immediate impact with 11 goals and 5 assists in just 22 games.

View attachment 191311

Best Young Player - Alex Mowatt - Hes been in amazing form for us with 10 assists in the league this season and is worth just under £15Million now, He is very deserving of an England Call up but it looks like he could move on to Scotland in the Summer.

View attachment 191312

End of Season Awards

View attachment 191310

It shows FM agree's with me as i picked my best player and young player before they announced Mowatt winning young player of the year for Leeds and Moses being signing of the season.

Leeds Season In Review

View attachment 191309

It turned out to be a brilliant first season in the Premier League confounding all the critics and finishing up in 8th place after being predicted to struggle in a relegation battle for the season. The big question now is where can we go from here?

With the £50Million transfer budget we have just been given i think Europe is a must next season!!!

View attachment 191308

Well £50m is a nice kitty and I'm sure it will be well spent, looking forward to seeing who you bring in.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 190999

June 2017

We add 3 quality players for a massive £35Million of our £50Million transfer budget all in one fell swoop.

View attachment 190998

Ross Barkley - AMC - £21.5Million

View attachment 190997

I feel i got him for a cut price deal at just over £20Million thanks to Everton getting relegated, he will surely walk into the first team probably in the AMC role ahead of Casper Sloth.

Mario Balotelli - ST - £7.25Million

View attachment 190996

A huge signing for the club on big wages but for a half decent fee, We all know what Balotelli is like in real life but FM Balotelli is completely different and is likely to net us a shed load of goals this season.

Gerard Deulofeu - AMRL - £6.5Million

View attachment 190993

And the final signing is Deulofeu also from relegated Everton, he still has bags of potential and will be able to switch into both wings depending on form and injuries.

I wanted Rhodes to go abroad but in the end he joins fellow Premier League side Derby for just £3.5Million after a torrid injury hit year with us.

View attachment 190992

Ross Barkley Becomes Our Record Purchase

View attachment 190991

Charlie Taylor Makes His England Debut

View attachment 190990

A lovely £84Million for the TV Rights this season

View attachment 190989

World Cup 2022 Moved to China

View attachment 190988

Former First Teamers Turnbull, Wootton and Botaka leave on free transfers after their contracts expire

View attachment 190987

Leeds Utd

View attachment 190979

July 2017

We are now the 19th Richest Club not in England but the Whole World!!!
(8th Richest Club in England)

View attachment 190976

Benoit Costil joins the club as a backup for Timo Horn with Donnarumma's loan over and Turnbull leaving the club

View attachment 190971

Benoit Costil - GK

View attachment 190970

Sessegnon at just 33 retires and joins our backroom staff as a coach

View attachment 190969

Were predicted to finish up in 9th place now by the media just one place lower than we managed last season but im expecting nothing less than 7th!

View attachment 190968

A huge final signing before the season starts as we spend £9Million on Bayern Munich centre back Rudiger

View attachment 190967

Antonio Rudiger - DRC

View attachment 190966

Lucky we just brought in Ross Barkley for the AMC role as Casper Sloth breaks his leg right before the season begins.

RB Berardi joins Sheff Wed for a small fee after barely getting a game in two seasons, we have Byram ahead of him and Rudiger and Wisdom can play RB.

View attachment 190962

Bournemouth sign Bellusci for £2.4Million after our one time Captain was deemed surplus to requirements with Rudiger, Wisdom and Lascaelles all ahead of him.

View attachment 190960

Bit of an injury crisis to start the new season with 3 of my possible AMC players injured and the other suspended for the opening game of the season with Moses coming off the wing in the end to play in the unfamiliar role.

View attachment 190957

Leeds Utd

View attachment 190943

August 2017

Leeds V Tottenham

View attachment 190942

A huge win as we lay down a marker against one of our main rivals for that Europa League spot area, they actually scored first before former player Townsend grabbed our equalizer, John Stones then missed a penalty and it was then all down hill for them after that with Balotelli and Dallas grabbing the all important goals for the win.

Moses out for a Month

View attachment 190939

The injury curse continues with Byram out for 4 weeks

View attachment 190938

Chelsea V Leeds

View attachment 190937

Well we were utterly dominated by Chelsea from start to finish in this match but most of the goals came in the second half as we started to tire.

Lascaelles adds to our Injury List

View attachment 190935

Leeds V Sunderland

View attachment 190934

What a result! The new signings shine with Balotelli netting a brace before Rudiger grabbed a very late third.

100 Games as Leeds Manager

View attachment 190936

Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd
Leeds V Ipswich

View attachment 190931

We dominated this game and we really should have been out of sight before half time but it took over 70 minutes before Barkley put us ahead but they hit back almost straight after the restart and took us to extra time.
We confidently dispatched of them in extra time though with Balotelli and then Townsend getting the goals.

Brighton V Leeds

View attachment 190928

A strong showing against one of the newly promoted sides but can you really believe that a match that was 1-1 at 84 minutes ended 5-2 with Balotelli grabbing a Hattrick thanks to two goals in injury time.

League Table

View attachment 190924

A brilliant start to the new Premier League season with 3 wins from our opening 4 league games whilst Balotelli is loving life in Leeds with 6 league goals in his first 4 league games.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 190764

September 2017

Former Youth player Kalvin Phillips joins Norwich for just under £1Million

View attachment 190763

Yaser Kasim who joined on a free transfer last summer leaves for Sunderland a year later for a cool £2Million

View attachment 190762

Man City are the big spenders this summer with well over £100Million spent on new players including £51Million on Thiago whilst De Bruyne moved the other way to Bayern for just £27Million

View attachment 190761

Alex Mowatt moves North of the Border and is now an Honorary Scot

View attachment 190760

Southampton V Leeds

View attachment 190759

Despite all the new signings in recent years it was two academy players who got the two goals for us, Byram opened up the scoring early on before Southampton netted a quick brace after half time, we then had Lewis Cook come off the bench after being out injured for nearly 9 Months to grab a very late equalizer in a match he really wasnt ready for.

Leeds V Hull

View attachment 190758

Balotelli opens the scoring before Alex Mowatt who won the man of the match netted the second, Hull then got one back in a crazy first 25 minutes, but we held our nerve and in the second half Barkley grabbed the 3rd and secured the points for us.

Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd
Swansea V Leeds

View attachment 190757

Kalou netted in the opening few seconds of the game before Balotelli equalized in the second half, it ended up going all the way to penalties and it was Charlie Taylor who missed in sudden death.

Leeds V Liverpool

View attachment 190756

No Icardi and i thought we may have a chance but his replacement Origi netted two goals in a comfortable win for them but the big shock was ****** Rudiger getting two yellow cards in the space of 2 minutes!

League Table

View attachment 190755

Down in 7th place but we do have new signings Balotelli topping the Golden Boot chart and Deulofeu topping the assists chart.

Great signings, some real great additions, shrewd sales and now the goals are flowing I would say that all is on the up again this season and Europe should not be a problem.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 190603

October 2017

Stoke V Leeds

View attachment 190600

Balotelli grabs the opener early on before Moses grabs the second around an hour in to confirm a rather easy win.

Arsenal V Leeds

View attachment 190595

A pretty even game but they just had the better striker on the day with Balotelli having a rare off day whilst Higuain banged in two quick goals.

Townsend out for 3 Weeks

View attachment 190594

Lewis Cook is Official Back after 8 Months Out

View attachment 190593

Leeds V Man Utd

View attachment 190592

We were 2-0 up early on but still managed to go on and lose the match 4-3 but at least Balotelli netted yet another brace of goals.

Lascelles out for 4 Weeks

View attachment 190591

Cheeky buggers! Some of the players have been moaning about recent results and saying its my fault!! We are up in 7th place and doing fine

View attachment 190590

Leeds V Fulham

View attachment 190589

Balotelli nets a penalty nearly 70 minutes into the game before man of the match Moses got the second only a few minutes later

Ross Barkley Injured Aswell Now

View attachment 190587

Balotelli Out Aswell As we Hit Another Injury Crisis

View attachment 190581

League Table

View attachment 190580

In 7th place on the same points as Tottenham just above us whilst Balotelli is topping the Golden Boot chart still with 11 goals in 11 League games

Leeds Utd

View attachment 190558

November 2017

The board give us an extra £27Million for the Winter Window

View attachment 190557

Leeds V Crystal Palace

View attachment 190556

Moses grabs the opener for us before Ulloa gets a very rare goal after making an even rarer start for the side.

Ulloa Injured Aswell now with third choice Doukara having to play up top now

View attachment 190554

Andre Wisdom Gets His 1st England Cap

View attachment 190553

Leicester V Leeds

View attachment 190552

Barkley nets twice whilst Doukara our third choice striker even manages to get a goal in a very impressive away win against Leicester.

League Table

View attachment 190551

We have moved up ever so slightly to 6th place in the league and im hoping its somewhere we should roughly stay for the rest of the season, 5th to 7th is the main aim for the season.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 189326

December 2017

Leeds V West Ham

View attachment 189325

Balotelli misses a penalty around half an hour in before we turn on the style in the second half with Balotelli and then Moses getting the all important goals.

Bournemouth V Leeds

View attachment 189324

A shocker of a result, but i have to admit Bournemouth are a much better side now than they were a few years back but i would like to think we should still beat them.
We had Deulofeu net early on but that was as good as it got for us with Ojo getting one back for them and then Wilson winning the game for them early in the second half.

Joe Cole Joins the Under 21's Management Team

View attachment 189323

Derby V Leeds

View attachment 189322

This result was pretty flattering with Derby having a **** of a lot of chances to win this game with our GK getting the man of the match despite winning 3-1 showing how close the game really was.

Moses out for 4 Weeks

View attachment 189321

Leeds V West Brom

View attachment 189320

A poor result as we take an early lead through Ross Barkley but then we just couldnt find the second goal with our attacking players putting the ball everywhere but the back of the net and you could just see the equalizer looming and they managed to get it with around 75 minutes gone.

Man City V Leeds

View attachment 189318

A comfortable win for City with Jovetic scoring a Hattrick whilst David Silva got a Hattrick of Assists after setting up what looked like the same goal 3 times.

Tottenham V Leeds

View attachment 189317

Not a terrible result as we come from behind twice against Tottenham to grab equalizers away from home against one of our main rivals for those European places.

League Table

View attachment 189315

The top 4 are starting to break away from the rest of the chasing pack now but our main aim is to nip past West Ham into 5th place whilst Balotelli has 16 league goals this season already and is zeroing in on the Golden Boot.​

Good job! Well written!

I started my first save on FM16 not long ago. Leeds is my team too. We are heading for the PL. 20 points above 3rd spot in the middle of february.

Did you get a big transfer- and wage budged before your first PL season? I really need to strenghten my team although players like Cook, Mowatt, Byram, Taylor and Dallas are looking great so far.

Good job! Well written!

I started my first save on FM16 not long ago. Leeds is my team too. We are heading for the PL. 20 points above 3rd spot in the middle of february.

Did you get a big transfer- and wage budged before your first PL season? I really need to strenghten my team although players like Cook, Mowatt, Byram, Taylor and Dallas are looking great so far.
Thanks mate, i didnt get that big of a budget at the start of the new season think i signed Rhodes, Ulloa and Townsend for around a combined £12Million, i probably could have moved a few players on and did a bit of dealing but thats not my style, The players you have mentioned have all been really good in the premier league for me so far and the likes of Charlie Taylor especially have really surprised me, i couldnt believe hes an England regular now.

Back