Leeds Utd - Returning Leeds To The Promise Land

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 252
  • Views Views 88K
Leeds Utd

View attachment 195528

Pre-Season - July 2016

I bring in midfielder Yaser Kasim on a free transfer as we only have the 3 players in central midfield and all 3 are very young and can pick up the odd injury

View attachment 195527

Yaser Kasim - CM

View attachment 195526

We bring in huge Italian GK prospect Donnarumma on loan for the season! Hes just 17 years of age but already considered miles better than our first choice keeper Silvestri.

View attachment 195525

Gianluigi Donnarumma - GK

View attachment 195524

Premier League Odds

View attachment 195523

We are predicted a 16th placed finish which will do us very nicely but considering all of the bottom 6 have the same odds to win the league we are all in for a long and hard season.

Starting 11 and Tactic for New Season

View attachment 195522

Right so new signings Ulloa and Townsend start for our first Premier League game whilst Donnarumma is only on the bench for now as we need to work on his match fitness

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195521

August 2016 - Part 1

Leeds V Aston Villa

View attachment 195520

An amazing start to the season! Im already dreaming off the Title after this performance! Ulloa netted early on but didnt have that good of a game with Doukara coming off the bench to grab the second.

Almost doubled our season ticket holders since getting Promoted

View attachment 195519

Doukara out for 3 weeks

View attachment 195518

Leicester V Leeds

View attachment 195517

Townsend nets a very early goal and i was dreaming about back to back wins to start off the new season before Jamie Vardy popped up with an equalizer over an hour after we had gone into the lead.

Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd
Leeds V Nottm Forest

View attachment 195516

I put out a second string and it really showed for the first half before we turned it around after a few subs, we quickly netted twice with Woods and Townsend both grabbing goals but they managed to come back late on and then go on and win the match in ****** extra time!

Left Back Rolfe becomes the youngest ever Capital One Cup player playing just before his 16th birthday

View attachment 195515

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195492

August 2016 - Part 2

We have 9 players called up to Internationals including young Wonderkid Lewis Cook getting an England call up

View attachment 195490

Leeds V Derby

View attachment 195488

Dallas nets first before Cook and Ulloa make it 3-0 in a very impressive display, Derby then out of nowhere netted twice in quick succession to just give me a crazy last 10 minutes of the match.

Lewis Cook wont sign a new deal now hes been called up by England hes to big for us

View attachment 195487

Arsenal are massive spenders with well over £100Million going out including buying Higuain but the best deal of the window has to be Liverpool bringing in Icardi who was a revelation last season for his side.

View attachment 195485

Lewis Cook Wins Young Player of the Month

View attachment 195484

League Table

View attachment 195483

Riding high in 3rd place after a near perfect start to the season undefeated in our opening 3 league games of the season with 2 wins.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195480

September 2016

Rhodes has picked up another injury and is yet to make his debut

View attachment 195479

Swansea V Leeds

View attachment 195478

We took the lead twice in this match but they came back both times and really should have gone on to win it as they had the better chances.

Man Utd V Leeds

View attachment 195477

Ulloa grabbed a very early goal and we almost hung on for the entire match in what would have been a huge win but Man Utd did not only equalize late on but they went into the lead just 5 minutes later

Leeds V Bournemouth

View attachment 195476

You would think that in a match that Ulloa nets a Hattrick that we would get a good result but it wasnt to be as they knick a 4-3 win.

Ulloa Wins Player of the Month after 5 goals in 3 League Games

View attachment 195474

League Table

View attachment 195472

Plummeting down to 9th place after a winless month despite Ulloa being in fine goalscoring form currently topping the Leagues charts with 7 goals in 6 games.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195354

October 2016

Leeds V Arsenal

View attachment 195353

We had some good chances to win this game but not a single player on the pitch had that good of a game today and im very happy to knick a point.

Rhodes Injured Again will he ever Debut

View attachment 195352

Loftus-Cheek Injured in training out for 3 weeks

View attachment 195351

Defender Cooper makes it a Hattrick of Training ground injuries

View attachment 195350

Leeds V Liverpool

View attachment 195348

Charlie Taylor our left back opened the scoring with a wonderful 30 yard goal but they had Icardi on a mission after that and he tore us apart netting a superb Hattrick, Its to be expected these sorts of results especially with Icardi costing more than my entire squad combined!

5 Games Without a Win

View attachment 195347

The media are on us big time but i thought getting a couple of draws in there was quite well going, we are expected to get relegated so im not sure why they think were going to get much playing against the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd

Newcastle V Leeds

View attachment 195346

Now this really is a poor result! I can take losing to Liverpool and Man U, i can take Icardi netting a Hattrick but i cannot take Cisse smashing a Hattrick past us!!! A tweak in tactics is needed methinks.

I was desperate for Halilovic in the summer on a loan deal but he chose West Ham instead and now he cant get a game! Muppet

View attachment 195345

West Brom V Leeds

View attachment 195344

West Brom have half of Man Utd playing for them now with Valencia grabbing the opener before Ulloa got the equalizer, we then went into the break with an important goal by Sloth.
Despite some pressure from West Brom for the equalizer we managed to hold out for a little longer and Ulloa then got the 3rd to seal our first win in ages!

League Table

View attachment 195342

Down in 12th position now but the most important thing is we are 6 points off the relegation places already and that 40 point mark is all i care about.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195340

November 2016

We get given a cool £23Million by the board to spend in the Winter Window

View attachment 195339

Leeds V West Ham

View attachment 195338

Mowatt puts in a man of the match display as he sets up both of Ulloa's goals to seal another win, our first back to back wins in ages. The slight change i made before the West Brom game was i still had the striking role as Poacher for Jordan Rhodes but have changed it back to Target Man for Ulloa who obviously prefers it.

Ulloa out for 3 Weeks - ******!

View attachment 195337

Kasim Injured on International Duty

View attachment 195336

Chelsea V Leeds

View attachment 195335

They had Cahill sent off around twenty minutes in which really evened the game up for us after we struggled against them to start with, they got the opener though before Dallas equalized just before the break, He then grabbed another on 69 minutes but Chelsea hit back almost immediately and it ended in a draw.
This was an important match for Dallas as hes gone missing this season so far after winning the Championship Player of the Season last year i hope he can push on after this performance.

Southampton V Leeds

View attachment 195333

AMC Caspe Sloth nets the only goal of the game right before half time as we go from a poor run of form to not losing in 4 games with 3 wins.

The Board need a meeting to ask if i want a new contract?!? Obvs

View attachment 195332

League Table

View attachment 195331

We have shot back up the table and are now all the way up in 8th place! But also now a decent 8 points away from the relegation zone, we are almost halfway to our 40 point goal with around a third of the season over.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 195133

December 2016

Chris Wood has barely had a look in this season due to niggling injuries, this must be his 4th since July

View attachment 195131

Leeds V Hull

View attachment 195130

A very good result as Dallas nets in the opening couple of minutes of the match before Townsend makes it 2 inside the opening half an hour.
On Loan Striker James Wilson got one back for them in the second half before Townsend secured the win with a late third.

Donnarumma who has been impressing in recent weeks was the first player i wanted to spend that £20Million on and his club side agreed a £10Million deal but he was far to greedy! At 17 hes on 2,700 a week and i pushed to over 40k a week but he wanted closer to 70k a week! Your joking if he thinks im paying that, i could but i have principals

View attachment 195127

Stoke V Leeds

View attachment 195126

Well that really didnt go well! It was actually a pretty even match the difference being their attacking players knew where the back of the net was.

Leeds V Man City

View attachment 195124

Another poor result especially as we were 3-0 down in the opening 20 odd minutes, we managed to come back a bit and grab a couple of goals but it wasnt enough.

Leeds V Sunderland

View attachment 195122

We utterly dominated this game but just couldnt find the end product with Ulloa having another shocker of a match. They had a player sent off with around 20 minutes to go and that finally kicked us into life with Dallas netting twice in 2 minutes late on to seal the 3 points.

Tottenham V Leeds

View attachment 195121

Another result were the stats were even but the final score wasnt, its even worse when you get blown out of the park before you even get going! Another side who netted 3 goals before half an hour had even passed.

2 Year Contract Extension Signed

View attachment 195118

Everton V Leeds

View attachment 195117

A very good result to end the year, we had Mowatt to thank for opening the scoring before they soon equalized, but not long after that Dallas put us back into the lead, they could have got the goal back only 2 minutes later from a penalty but Baines missed it and they never recovered and then Dallas grabbed his second late on.

League Table

View attachment 195116

So we end the year flying high in 9th place with 28 points and our Premier League survival is all but secured for another year as we are now 13 points clear of the relegation zone after that recent win over Everton.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 194501

January 2017 - Part 1

I kept the expectations to the same with avoid relegation as the board just gave me £20Million a month or so ago which i have already spent before the window even opened!

View attachment 194500

Leeds spend £17.5Million on 4 new players

View attachment 194499

First off Andre Wisdom, For just £2Million i have got a young English Centre back with huge potential who is already better than my current back pairing.

View attachment 194498

£6.5Million spent on Timo Horn a brilliant Keeper again whos very young in GK terms, hes better than both my keepers by a country mile and cost a fraction of the price that Donnarumma wanted.

View attachment 194497

Just £1.8Million was spent on Lascelles who may never make the first team but is a good rotation option for the side with the likes of Wooton and Vann currently out on loan.

View attachment 194496

The big signing was Victor Moses for just over £7Million, him and Townsend on the wing should be able to give Ulloa plenty of opportunities to find the back of the net.

View attachment 194495

New Starting 11 for the New Year

View attachment 194494

Leeds V Leicester

View attachment 194493

A dominant 4-0 win to start off the New Year, none of the new signings scored but Moses had a brilliant game and set up the first goal whilst Wisdom was amazing in defence winning the Man of the Match award in the process.

With Horn and Donnarumma both ahead of Silvestri in the pecking order our former Number 1 moves on to Brighton for £500k.

View attachment 194492

FA Cup 3rd Rnd
Leeds V Aston Villa

View attachment 194491

We really should have won this game and had it all over with early in the first half but we couldnt see the game through as we went ahead twice in the match but they came back both times and we will now face Aston Villa 3 times in the next week or so.

Good first half of the season in the prem. Every time I scrolled down I expected to see that Rhodes had been injured again.

Good first half of the season in the prem. Every time I scrolled down I expected to see that Rhodes had been injured again.
I know man he hasnt had much luck so far this season, probably only got 5 months left to save his Leeds Career! Thanks for reading hoping to get a fair few updates out this weekend before i go back to work.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 193635

January 2017 - Part 2

Aston Villa V Leeds

View attachment 193634

A terrible result for us against Aston Villa as Deeney opens the scoring for them early in the second half before Ulloa grabbed the equalizer. We then gave away a penalty with 4 minutes of normal time left but Deeney fluffed his chance! Whilst we were still celebrating saving the penalty they came back and grabbed the winner even later in the game.

Lewis Cook Finally signs a new 4 Year Deal

View attachment 193633

Hes on massive wages for a youngster but i really dont want to lose him and hes now worth almost £20Million

I was quite happy to even get £1.4Million for Chris Wood as he leaves to join Norwich down in the Championship.

View attachment 193632

FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay
Aston Villa V Leeds

View attachment 193631

We get revenge on Aston Villa after losing to them in our last game in the league with Cook and Moses grabbing the goals after Rhodes missed a very early penalty.

Derby V Leeds

View attachment 193630

Another terrible loss in the league as we lose back to back games that i really thought we would win but at least Rhodes finally scored a penalty!

Leeds V Swansea

View attachment 193629

Whats happening! After the new signings i thought we had an easy start to the New Year and really believed we could win all 3 of these games we have just lost.

After Wisdom and Lascaelles join on permanent deals Browning requests that his loan deal is terminated

View attachment 193628

Everton V Leeds

View attachment 193627

Were back and its with a big bang in an 8 goal thriller, with Ulloa and Rhodes not up to much upfront, last seasons Top Goalscorer Doukara came off the bench to net an incredible 15 minute Hattrick.

League Table

View attachment 193626

Down to 9th place but im just happy we are still a decent 10 points clear of the relegation zone after those 3 losses in a row but there is a big gap forming around 7th place with Stoke and the above starting to move away from us.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 193625

February 2017

We are the biggest spenders in the Winter Transfer Window

View attachment 193624

Leeds V Man Utd

View attachment 193623

It looks a worse result than it was with Berahino bashing in two late goals after we were going all out for a late equalizer and got caught on the counter twice, we actually had more chances and the better play but our strikers had poor finishing.

We are all the way up in 9th place and people are moaning about my tactics after a few defeats!

View attachment 193622

Bournemouth V Leeds

View attachment 193621

The tactics stay the same and we win a game! The wingers were in fine form with Moses netting a brace and Townsend grabbing one in between whilst Ulloa had another poor game.

Arsenal V Leeds

View attachment 193620

Ulloa actually scores for the first time in ages in a well deserved 2-2 draw with Moses and Townsend on the wings pulling the strings yet again.

FA Cup 5th Rnd
Arsenal V Leeds

View attachment 193619

Sanchez scored early on for them and the game was already over with 82 minutes left to play with Ulloa reverting back to being ****.

Leeds V Newcastle

View attachment 193618

A brilliant result with Sloth and Moses both getting goals before they got one back in the second half, then forgotten man Stuart Dallas came off the bench to net a quick brace and assure the big win.

Oh my days! ****** ****, The FM God's were looking down on me and laughing when they saw me give Lewis Cook a new bumper contract as he gets injured for an incredible 10 Months!!

View attachment 193609

League Table

View attachment 193608

Comfortable in 8th place now, 14 points clear of the relegation zone whilst the top 7 are moving away from us now and were 9 points off Arsenal in the last European place.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 193601

March 2017

Leeds V West Brom

View attachment 193600

Moses grabs a 23rd minute Hattrick as we storm into the lead before Ulloa grabs the 4th, they got one back around half time but we then had Cooper sent off for a stupid challenge especially when your coasting in the game before Mowatt grabs the 5th.

Liverpool V Leeds

View attachment 193598

Icardi was on fire for them looking like he could score with every touch of the ball, Ulloa scored first before they got two back but Ulloa seems to have finally found his form back and got a very late equalizer.

West Ham V Leeds

View attachment 193595

Ulloa cant stop scoring all of a sudden now as he scores either side of 2 West Ham goals in yet another 2-2 draw in the league.

Rhodes Injured Again

View attachment 193592

League Table

View attachment 193591

Consolidating 8th place now despite back to back draws, now 4 points clear of 9th place and down to just 6 points behind 7th.

gutted about Cook...but you seem to hava a good squad to you will be fine i'm sure

Wow that's a cruel injury :(

gutted about Cook...but you seem to hava a good squad to you will be fine i'm sure
Was gutted to be honest, im further ahead than the thread and hes just come back around the end of October, practically forgot about him by the time he came back, was sad to see him get injured right after making the England squad for the first time.

Leeds Utd

View attachment 193157

April 2017

Leeds V Chelsea

View attachment 193156

It was a pretty even match with both sides having a poor overall game with Wisdom our only shining light but they had Hazard in good form and he got the only goal of the game.

Leeds Finally Lose After 6 Match Unbeaten Run

View attachment 193155

Leeds V Southampton

View attachment 193154

A true throw your laptop across the room moment as we went from 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go to losing 4-3 after they went on a late goalscoring rampage.

Dallas out for the rest of the Season too

View attachment 193152

Leeds V Stoke

View attachment 193151

After our unbeaten run came to an end we cant stop losing now as we lose our 3rd game in the league in a row to Stoke as they comfortably beat us at Elland Road.

Byram Injured Aswell Now

View attachment 193150

Hull V Leeds

View attachment 193149

Well we finally put our losing run to an end after struggling to a 1-1 draw with Hull but we lost two more players to injuries.

Sloth 4th player our for rest of the season

View attachment 193147

Townsend makes it 5, we are going to struggle to put a team out soon!

View attachment 193146

Man City V Leeds

View attachment 193145

We were 3-0 down after just 6 minutes and i thought this injury crisis is going to destroy us but we manage to pull the game back level with only 10 minutes to go and i thought surely we can hold on to this draw but they managed to get a very late winner and all that comeback was for nothing.

League Table

View attachment 193144

Down in 9th place now and on equal points with a couple of teams below us, this injury crisis could really hurt us and instead of a decent top half finish we could end up with a lower half finish, which i would have taken at the start of the season but it feels like we have spent so much time in the top half we cant let it slip now.

Haven't been on here over Christmas and was amazed when I read this that your flying high in the premier league so quickly. Kiu

Back