Whenever I negotiate they always say they will take, as an example £6m upfront, but if I offer £6m over 48 months, they want way more. I try to negotiate as much as possible but I always have to offer so much more money to pay over 48 months, they just won't accept otherwise. Does that happen to everyone else as well?

Yes.. Try and offer 2 up front and 4 over 48 month or just say 7 over 48 months.. even if you pay more than what they are worth you can afford it over 48 months..

Think i will be giving up on this :( after 18mths with Bristol Rovers in the EPL its just not working. am currently on a run of 9 games without a win (only 2 draws in that). I really wanted it to work :(

I just dont get it at all, my players score a resonable amount, nothing like some of the others on here have posted, but they just give goals away like nothing ive ever seen. Game vs Liverpool at home (1st season not this one) winning 5-2 at half time, lost 5-6 being the typical.

Last edited:
Game vs Liverpool at home (1st season not this one) winning 5-2 at half time, lost 5-6 being the typical.

That's all about your team talks at half, team morale, individual talks, and in-game management decisions. Fix those and you'll get back on track!

This tactic doesn't work on Low League team (Vanarama South/North)
The Defender doesnt defend well,
and sometime the attacking team doesnt give enough threat to the opposite team

I already tried in 20++ match
and often lose 1-4, 2-5, 0-4, etc.
It's frustrating :(.

This tactic doesn't work on Low League team (Vanarama South/North)
The Defender doesnt defend well,
and sometime the attacking team doesnt give enough threat to the opposite team

I already tried in 20++ match
and often lose 1-4, 2-5, 0-4, etc.
It's frustrating :(.

I haven't tested it yet but I'd imagine faster defenders would work better in the Lower Leagues as these would make sure they are able to get back when the opposition attempts a counter attack.

I haven't tested it yet but I'd imagine faster defenders would work better in the Lower Leagues as these would make sure they are able to get back when the opposition attempts a counter attack.

It's hard to find even a good DC with marking & tackling at least 11 and have pace above 10
It's really limited man the player I could get,
That's why this tactic works nicely on division above (League 1 & 2 and above it)

Does we have to change the mentality before every match (adjusting it to our opponent) or leave counter for every match home and away ?

Does we have to change the mentality before every match (adjusting it to our opponent) or leave counter for every match home and away ?

No need to change it. Counter every match, home and away.

starting the 2nd season with the tactic and it dont seem to be working like it was last season any ideas?

won premier league with man utd .. got stuffed by everton in 3-1 in fa cup final and lost 7-6 to real madrid in champions league semi despite beating them 6-3 in the second leg so intresting ... weird thing just had premier league odds for season two and im 50-1 to win the league

Won the league with Liverpool first season. Annoyingly lost to Everton in both the Capital One Cup and FA Cup and got to the Semi-Finals of the Champions League before Chelsea knocked me out. Made a ton of profit second season (sold Fabio Borini for £45m! Imagine that!) and I'm now 3rd in the league but going strong. Got rid of most of the annoying players who aren't playing and keep whining to me for first team football and am now aiming for youngsters to be the backups. Second season Samed Yesil is worth £4.9m and Jordan Lussey is worth £5.75m, just from their occasional first team performances in the first season! Crazy!

In 2027 With United I've now scored 65 league goals....in 8 games haha

What I think you need in defense - two really quick right / left backs and a central defender with really high anticipation. When a ball gets knocked to their forwards I often see my DC running in front to cut the ball out. If it ever gets past then one of the other two can get back with pace

Last edited: