Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K
In my defence he was here when I got here, I'm just working with what I've got.

First of all, nice pun, "in my defence" ;)
And secondly, QPR made a bid for him in my save haha but he joined CSKA Moscow

Good to see the a player interaction in FM2015 didn't go completely bonkers and have the player act as a complete idiot for doing something universally stupid.

Haha thanks for the mention Lippo, although I'd rather be wrong, just so your wins come a little easier :)

Good to see the a player interaction in FM2015 didn't go completely bonkers and have the player act as a complete idiot for doing something universally stupid.

Funny you say that. I did the same thing to one of my guys and all **** broke loose Not a highlight of my career lol.

LPU8Mr1.png

tivWO5n.jpg

Reading 1 - Q.P.R. 2

Goals - Batshuayi (30), Roberts (35), Kembo-Ekoko (45)

P.O.M. - Patrick Roberts (Reading)

3aOutkD.jpg

"Reading started this game very well. They were passing the ball magnificently. Quick little 1/2's, sweeping switches of play, deft first touches. I could have been forgiven for thinking we were up against Barcelona!

I had gone into the game wanting to press up high & put them under pressure but it soon become apparent that the guys were chasing shadows. Reading's ball movement was just too good! (Honestly never thought I'd ever have to say that)

Before long I'd pulled the guys back. It was more important for us to maintain our shape then to control possession.

At the half hour mark my decision paid off as a quick break away ended with Michy Batshuayi strolling onto a through ball to give us the lead.

It wasn't to last though.

Just 5 minutes later we gave away a free kick (which I thought was in a fairly harmless area). Pat Roberts stepped up & proceeded to bury the ball into the back of our net from all of 40 yards! God Dammit!!!

In the final minute of the half though Jires Kembo-Ekoko received the ball on the edge of our own box. He then started on a run that would see him beat 4 or 5 defenders, drift from one side of the field to the other before cutting into the box & finishing in style. A sensational individual goal! I've not seen too many better in fact.

That was it!

The 2nd half was extremely dull. Reading pushed but never threatened. We tried to break, for the most part, to no avail. Very boring. A wonderful solo effort hands us all 3 points."

KmIDGF0.jpg

sE7qRa5.jpg

KEUWIdv.jpg

Charlie Austin. The gift that just keeps giving!

rT3d6jR.jpg

A week or so ago I would have jumped at this chance.

I think a certain Jamie Carragher may have the inside track for this job though. ;)

I arranged a trip to Vienna to fill in the week long international break. I would like to say there was some clever thinking behind it but, truth be told, it was just the most lucrative game on offer.

JdhxFSZ.jpg

W8pcHEU.jpg

I fielded a team of reserves & players needing fitness. We did alright, though no one really stood up. A win would have been nice just to keep our momentum going but to be honest I don't really care. The club will bank some more cash & that's all I'm interested in.

View attachment 267015

It really is too easy to make money in England!

Why don't you go for the Milan job? No one cares what Jamie Carragher thinks, remember? ;)

*Disclaimer* Carragher is a legend! <3

Why don't you go for the Milan job? No one cares what Jamie Carragher thinks, remember? ;)

*Disclaimer* Carragher is a legend! <3

Yeah I remember but I don't want people comparing Manuel to Jamie. That can only end badly.

For Jamie :P

Jires Kembo-Ekoko Appreciation Post

View attachment 267008

View attachment 267007

I agreed to sign Jires on a free while we were still sitting in mid table of the Championship. I was by no means sure how he was going to go in the EPL but he has been so good for us!

I honestly cant believe he only has 1 P.O.M.! A superb signing even if I do say so myself.

You come back and tell me when you won 7 trophies...

IN ONE SEASON.

Carragher > Manuel Pablo

Juan Carlos > Carra > Manuel,

No one can knock off Juan!

Back