Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K
What the actual ****. Did you spank Southampton hard enough that they sacked their manager, only for you (I mean Manuel) to take over?

The next chapter! Looking forward to seeing where you sign.

01P6ecj.jpg

Awesome. Time for Manuel to come home.

Yeah, as much as he wanted to push for a European spot with QPR, he just couldn't sit back & see his beloved Deportivo relegated again.

Its shaping as a very big challenge for Manuel!

Yeah, as much as he wanted to push for a European spot with QPR, he just couldn't sit back & see his beloved Deportivo relegated again.

Its shaping as a very big challenge for Manuel!

For me, the story would have never been complete without Manuel taking over Depor at some point. Now seems as perfect a time as any!

Congrats on the move! Looking forward to a new Spanish superpower rising with J̶C̶ Manuel at the helm!

View attachment 266778
Manuel's Musings - Deportivo

"Deportivo are a team in serious trouble. Both on the pitch & off it.

Aging facilities, quickly emptying coffers & a loan debt in excess of 40 million pounds off the field. A thread bare squad, miniscule wage budget & the real chance of relegation on it. Not great reading if I'm honest.

Turning all this around is shaping as the biggest challenge of my career.

In fact it quickly come to my attention that, due to injuries, I don't even have enough first team players to field a full bench for the Madrid game! Even without injuries I would struggle.

A look at my budgets reveals that I do have a transfer budget of 3.4M however, we are over our wage budget by almost 20k P/W & we are not in a registration window so anyone I bought wouldn't be eligible to play for us until next season anyway.

View attachment 266777

In addition to the lack of numbers, the players we do have are unhappy & lacking confidence. Not surprising considering we have only managed to bag 4 points in our last 10 league matches!

View attachment 266776

The horrendous run has left us struggling in the relegation zone. 2nd to last in fact.

View attachment 266775

Obviously this is not going to be easy.

On paper at least I am not altogether unhappy with what I imagine to be my first choice 11.

View attachment 266774

As you can see both first choice centre backs are out injured. Both for the next 2-4 weeks. Which leaves me with exactly 2 central defenders.

I have no cover at all for either of the fullback positions.

The only natural striker I have is 34 year old Helder Postiga, who will retire at the end of the year & is not up to standard anyway.

Bosnian CM Haris Medunjanin will be my first choice striker with Alex Pozuelo the only other capable option.

None of this makes for good reading I'm afraid. WTF have I gotten myself into?

The only area in which we have a decent amount of cover is through midfield.

For the first time in my career I am seriously questioning whether I am capable of pulling this off. Oh well, sitting here talking about it is not likely to help. Time to get to work!"

Massive challenge, but if anyone can do it, JC can!! ;)

Looking forward to the rebuild happening over the next few years!

Life At Deportivo!

Well that's a fantastic turn of events mate! Good luck with keeping Deportivo up in the BBVA! Wonder if JC sorted this out for Manuel...

This looks like a fantastic challenge! Good luck mate!

Its a big challenge alright, perhaps bigger then I had anticipated!

Massive challenge, but if anyone can do it, JC can!! ;)

Looking forward to the rebuild happening over the next few years!

Life At Deportivo!

Yeah, might have to change the title :P

The club is so broke we cant even afford JC! I'm sure he will be on the phone soon to congratulate Manuel though ;)

Well that's a fantastic turn of events mate! Good luck with keeping Deportivo up in the BBVA! Wonder if JC sorted this out for Manuel...

I wouldn't put it past JC to be involved, he does know a trick or two!

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

View attachment 266754

Didn't I just finish saying I had no cover at fullback! Anything that can go wrong etc. etc.

Thankfully its not a bad one but it looks like some 16 year old will be making his debut against Madrid. FML!

Now I certainly wasn't expecting that!! Cracking twist and giving the state Depor are currently in im sure this can only make the story even more interesting! Good luck!

Now I certainly wasn't expecting that!! Cracking twist and giving the state Depor are currently in im sure this can only make the story even more interesting! Good luck!

Cheers mate, its going to be a massive challenge. Maybe too big but we will see...

ARzWecU.png

gnFjZ2z.jpg

Real Madrid 6 - Deportivo 1

Goals - Kroos (16), Perez (35), Cavani (45+2), Ronaldo (48, 54, 67), Rodrigues (61)

P.O.M. - Cristiano Ronaldo (Real)

kZRhXpm.jpg

"Welcome back to Spain Manuel, here deal with Ronaldo!

Believe it or not we were desperately unlucky not to go to the break on level terms. Real took the lead after Marcelo made a lung busting run down the left before whipping in the perfect cross onto the foot of Toni Kroos.

We responded well though & on 35 minutes we drew level when a Medunjunan free kick could only be parried by Iker Casilas. Ruben Perez acted quickest & tapped in the equaliser.

It appeared we would get to the break at 1-1 but in the 2nd minute of added time Gareth Bale riffled in a blistering cross to the far post & Edinson Cavani tapped in to give Real the lead with the final kick of the half.

Obviously the second half was the Cristiano Ronaldo show. Apparently he'd seen enough in the first half & decided to win the game himself!

Oh what I wouldn't give for someone capable of doing that for us!"

I6L4E0y.jpg

0oAYGR8.jpg

Welcome to La Liga, *****!:P

What a rough first fixture!! Only onward and upward from here at least!!!

Welcome to La Liga, *****!:P

What a rough first fixture!! Only onward and upward from here at least!!!

Yep, it was always going to be tough with morale at rock bottom, 3 of my first choice defenders out & just 2 days to familiarise myself with the squad.

Oh well, as you say only one way to go from here. I hope anyway :S

I have full faith that Manuel and Co will turn this around!!

Back