Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K

5B0pB2V.jpg

More good news for the club. Bicho takes home the young player of the year award. Here is his profile, as you can see he looks very promising!

yxkLfdx.jpg

I've just watched the highlightes from the Barcelona and Depor match that finished 2-2
It was a great game and Xavi's last game and also the game where Barcelona got the BBVA trophy
but Depor really impressed me this game and the camera kept panning to Manuel!

Just wanted to let you know! It's like the save, you stay up narrowly!
Well done on your survival!

Awesome job keeping them up mate! Onward and upward from here for Depor!!

BoMirvm.png

Ypu2oRB.jpg

Athletic 2 - Deportivo 3

Goals - Cuenca (13), Bicho (23), Mikel Rico (44), Postiga (63), Viguera (88)

P.O.M. - Isaac Cuenca (Deportivo)

YAex29O.jpg

"After the stress of the last few months it was good to go into a match with nothing on the line.

I told the boys to enjoy themselves & sent them out to attack, lets show 'em what we can do!

The result was an open, free flowing game with a party like atmosphere. Cuenca & Bicho scored to give us a 2 goal cushion before the half hour mark before Mikel Rico pulled one back for the home side late in the half.

Helder Postiga restored our 2 goal margin just after the hour mark & it looked as though we would cruise to victory but in the dying minutes German Lux managed to hit a clearance straight into Borja Viguera. The ball cannoned of him & into our net. It was actually quite funny though I doubt I'd have thought that if there was anything riding on the game.

In the end we held on to secure another 3 points but it is our survival which we will really be celebrating!

JoQK55S.jpg

bKCxyWy.jpg

So here is how the league played out. Pat gets his wish as Rayo survive on the final day & Alaves go down. Barca cruise to the title while Ronaldo tops the goal scoring charts & Bale leads the assists.

No real surprises or massive over achievements by any team. Villarreal finishing 7th & securing the final Euro Cup place is perhaps the biggest surprise but the league is very tight once you get away from the top 4 so that's not so surprising I guess.

Congrats on staying up brilliant news. No you can refresh and have a good go at it next year

Financial Report

v94jQ0d.jpg

Not at all unexpected. As I said, the club is in a bunch of trouble. Which leads me to my next piece of news.

Il2us0d.jpg

Once again, not unexpected. A transfer budget of just over a million means we will be relying mostly on free transfers or looking to sell to buy. Oh well, it could have been much worse all things considered.

July 1st

U5lCeXS.jpg

That's pretty much it! Wage budget tapped. Transfer budget gone.

So, here are the 3 new faces for Deportivo this year.

Yannick N'Djeng

Onm3rAB.jpg

Not at all sure about Yannick but we needed strikers & I had a preference to bring in a big man type. The thing that convinced me to gamble was that he'd scored goals where ever he'd gone. At a rate of 1 every other game. La Liga will be a step up for him but we will see how he goes.

Omar Abdulrahman

54G7fZP.jpg

The undoubted jewel of my new recruits. Once again this will be a step up for him but I have little doubt that he will handle it. Look at those technicals! Outrageous touch & vision!

Andres Renteria

V3j2vjH.jpg

Another striker but in a very different mould to N'Djeng. Andres came highly recommended to me by my scouting team so I decided to gamble a bit & blow my remaining budget on him. We need firepower up front & hopefully he can provide it.

And that really is that! I have done absolutely nothing to address our lack of defensive options & any further additions will need to be funded by player sales.

There is a lot of interest in the likes of Pablo Insua, Isaac Cuenca & Bicho so I may look to cash in on some of that.

I am loathe to let go of either Insua or Bicho as I see them as the club's future however I may just decide to cash in on Isaac should the right offer be made.

Last edited:
Great signings, but you will definitely need defensive cover. Therefore, don't sell Insua!

Great signings, but you will definitely need defensive cover. Therefore, don't sell Insua!

He has a minimum fee release clause of 35.5M If someone matches that I'd be more then happy to let him go, otherwise yeah i'll be keeping him :P

Good job staying up! Shame Alaves dropped, always loved that team :). Interesting signings. I'm not overly sold on N'Djeng, but hopefully he will perform for you!

Made staying up look easy ;) Looking at the league though a couple more wins would of seen you in or around 10th spot! Signings look great and if N'Djeng doesn't perform at least his value has shot up since signing him so there is profit to be made! Abdulrahman looks top drawer!

Good job staying up! Shame Alaves dropped, always loved that team :). Interesting signings. I'm not overly sold on N'Djeng, but hopefully he will perform for you!

In that case, i hope they bounce straight back for you!

I dont know about N'Djeng either, my gut tells me he will flop but he was free, so took a punt. Worse case scenario he ends up in the B team until his contract runs out. Like i said he has scored goals everywhere he's been, including Ligue 1 with Lorient so we'll just have to wait & see i guess.

The only one i am really sure about is Abdulrahman. Renteria is a complete unknown to me but think he will do pretty well.

Made staying up look easy ;) Looking at the league though a couple more wins would of seen you in or around 10th spot! Signings look great and if N'Djeng doesn't perform at least his value has shot up since signing him so there is profit to be made! Abdulrahman looks top drawer!

It didnt seem easy mate, thought we were gone a few times! Lol

I've never used Renteria myself, but I've come across him a few times in a few different saves. Seems like a very decent player to me. What role would you give him? Something like DLF/F9?

I've never used Renteria myself, but I've come across him a few times in a few different saves. Seems like a very decent player to me. What role would you give him? Something like DLF/F9?

Still not 100% on that. Am thinking maybe an AF? I plan to have Abdulrahman in the hole as my playmaker so just need players to make runs around him really. I will tinker in the off season & see what works.

According to my staff he is a complete forward which may work. I'll figure it out ;)

Pre-Season Update - Trinidad & Tobago

mSAreM4.jpg

After the stressful end to last year I thought the boys deserved to start the new year with a bit of sunshine. A trip to Trinidad & Tobago seemed perfect & gave us a couple of simple games to ease into the new campaign.

From here we travel to Argentina for games against Boca & Racing Club. Those games will be a much better indicator of where we are at.

Squad News

While I have not made any more signings, I have managed to solve a couple of defensive issues internally.

Laure

aoQbELK.jpg

Luisinho

18zOJqT.jpg

A couple of veterans return from loan spells. Exactly why they were out on loan when we were struggling for defensive numbers, I don't quite know.

Obviously they are not stars but will add some much needed depth & experience.

In addition to these 2 veterans I also uncovered a couple of decent looking midfielders in the "B" team.

Mikel Merino

kLZrmff.jpg

Muaro Rodrigues

Kh81OLe.jpg

Both guys will stay with the first team this year so that I can keep a closer eye on their development. I don't know how much game time they'll get but they should get a bit of time here & there.

ZLDehMQ.jpg

I would have liked to have kept Isaac but I just couldn't turn down 12M while we still have the likes of Ezequiel & Lucas to fill his shoes.

To be honest, I had expected clubs to come for him & had a number of free replacements lined up. The likes of Gerard Deulofeu, Victor Moses & Marko Marin were all on my radar but, Unfortunately, they have all been snapped up so I think we will run with what we have.

On the plus side we now have a little over 5M in the transfer kitty!

Back