Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K
Rodrigues looks pretty good mate. Could be a star!

Yeah, i didnt pay too much attention to the B squad last year as i couldnt move anyone over anyway but yeah was pleasantly surprised when i found him :)

Pre-Season - Argentina

PAengVo.jpg

Well that didn't exactly go to plan. A decent enough draw against Boca but then we fell to pieces in the second half against Racing & they slotted 4 past us! Luckily this is just pre-season.

We now head back to Spain to host Athletico Madrid, Real Sociadad & Grenada in the "JC Fundraiser Cup" with all proceeds going to try to lure JC out of that London strip club & over to Depor!

I have also used 650k of our Cuenca money to bring in centre back Victor Ruiz from Valencia.

pjo5eZg.jpg

Although the fee could rise to 1.1M depending on bonuses, I think I have got a real steel!

With Insua & Ruiz at the back I feel as though we now have a solid central pairing to build on.

We now head back to Spain to host Athletico Madrid, Real Sociadad & Grenada in the "JC Fundraiser Cup" with all proceeds going to try to lure JC out of that London strip club & over to Depor!

Brilliant!! He is the missing piece at Deportivo!

The JC fundraiser definitely needs to be an annual
thing. Get him the help he needs lol

Decent enough pre-season. Playing friendlies in Argentina is always difficult :). Good fee for Cuenca I think and that Victor Ruiz chap looks good enough to me :).

Also, bring back JC! Any chance of an update on how he's doing?

L39ualc.jpg

yccBf7M.jpg

The draw for the inaugural J.C. Fundraiser has been kind to us, a match against Grenada pretty much the best case scenario. Athletico & Sociedad will contest the other semi.

oIFhMkc.jpg

I have also bought former Newcastle midfielder Vurnon Anita (28) in on a free transfer.

For just 9.5K p/w we not only get a very good player but also a professional personality who can hopefully have a positive influence on our youngsters. A good deal in my book.

Decent enough pre-season. Playing friendlies in Argentina is always difficult :). Good fee for Cuenca I think and that Victor Ruiz chap looks good enough to me :).

Also, bring back JC! Any chance of an update on how he's doing?

Yeah, its a tough place to go so not too disappointed really.

Well, JC is still D.O.F. at QPR (for now!). Still in the same, ahem....office.

With his guidance QPR managed not to miss Manuel too much & hung onto 8th spot in the EPL.

Surprisingly Reading beat Arsenal 2-1 in the FA Cup Final to take the last Euro Cup spot! Reading finished 15th in the EPL.

L39ualc.jpg

I3nucQ4.jpg

c5hyPKZ.jpg

An Andres Renteria brace gets us through a tight game against Grenada. We now go on to face Athletico in the final after they saw off Real Sociedad.

That's a fantastic way to end your pre-season. I think JC is on his way, I heard he was thrown out of a strip club and is now flying towards Coruna with several other former Depor players :P

If all else fails, a "Bring Back JC" Kickstarter will surely do the trick!

Very impressive win there!!

Yeah, it was a great game to watch actually. Very Open. We just took our chances.

That's a fantastic way to end your pre-season. I think JC is on his way, I heard he was thrown out of a strip club and is now flying towards Coruna with several other former Depor players :P

I hear he now owns the strip club! A gift from an "associate" of his :S

If all else fails, a "Bring Back JC" Kickstarter will surely do the trick!

Yeah, nothing like the prospect of JC arriving to fire the boys up! He's a very inspirational character! :P

Pre-Season Summary

ZWg6VuN.jpg

In addition to our win in the JC Fundraiser & trips to Trinidad & Tobago & Argentina, we also played an additional 4 friendly matches. A 1-1 draw with Las Palmas, A 3-1 defeat to Real Madrid & consecutive victories over Ferrol (3-0) & Lugo (5-3).

In all I was pleased with our play & am confident that the team is blending well, which is important after making so many changes.

oXphb66.jpg

With the clubs finances looking shaky it was important for us to be smart in the market. In that regard, I think we have done very well. A total outlay of just 1.9M, whilst income sits at 13.75M. A net profit just shy of 12M.

Despite our Miniscule spending I feel we have improved the squad immensely. Here is how our first 11 is looking for the coming season.

rT3TXDd.jpg

I think we look much stronger this year & should be more then capable of reaching the boards mid table expectation.

August Preview

vE53yOd.jpg

Just the 2 matches to begin our new campaign. First off its Home against Elche then we travel to newly promoted Mallorca. I want to take maximum points from these games. At this level there are no easy matches but it definitely could have been a lot harder on us.

Anyway, enough talk. Bring on the new year!

Manuel has been busy in the summer. :)

Hope the new signings propel your side up the table!

Thats some impressive wheeling and dealing there Manuel!

Great start to the season. Really like the formation layout too lol. Faces instead of shirts. Brilliant. Bit ballsy with 3 at the back maybe? I personally don't have 3 trustworthy defenders lol. Should be plenty of goals to be had though.

Great start to the season. Really like the formation layout too lol. Faces instead of shirts. Brilliant. Bit ballsy with 3 at the back maybe? I personally don't have 3 trustworthy defenders lol. Should be plenty of goals to be had though.

Yeah, thought i'd try something different. Thanks for commenting was wondering what people thought. Think you may be looking at it wrong though. I am playing a 4-2-3-1, not a back 3 lol

Back