Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K
Guessing we posted at the same time there. :P

The Sporting match was pretty easy but Villarreal was anything but. Our attack is not firing like it was to start the year, missing Abdulrahman me thinks. :S

No, I saw the Villarreal score and report. Was more towards how the table looked, no losses only conceding the 1. Going good!

OZdDp3V.jpg

I noticed that young star Bicho had a minimum fee release clause of just 3.5M & that his wages in no way reflected his importance to the club. Hence I decided to renew his contract before the big boys got whiff of it.

After some negotiating we finally settled on a 20M release clause & 18.5K p/w wages. I was more then happy to pay the wages but would have liked a bigger release clause. Oh well, at least if they come for him it will be worth our while now.

What a catch up this is, well done mate. 6 points clear of Champions League football already....

Good stuff this. Want to see how the team holds up againt the likes of Barca, Real, Atleti and Valencia! Hope your goalscoring form improves soon as that might be much needed :)

Good stuff this. Want to see how the team holds up againt the likes of Barca, Real, Atleti and Valencia! Hope your goalscoring form improves soon as that might be much needed :)

Yeah, that will be the test mate. Dont think we are up there with the big boys just yet but we should be more then a match for the rest.

Manuel for England! Manuel for England!

Now there's a challenge! International management is on Manuels "to do" list.

HDy9lP3.png

RMlbDGO.jpg

Rayo 2 - Deportivo 1

Goals - Soldado (44, 65), Ezequiel (45)

P.O.M. - Roberto Soldado (Rayo)

JlsSPxt.jpg

"Rayo survived relegation on the final day of last season & since then have strengthened there squad impressively.

Still we managed to control this game from the start, possession wise anyway.

Once again our attack was breaking down at the crucial stage but I felt comfortable & it seemed like a matter of time before that final pass stuck. Just before the half though Roberto Soldado turned his man on the edge of our box & fired his shot into the top corner to give Rayo the lead. ****! We would be going to the break down!

I was wrong as we immediately hit back through Ezequiel to send us to the half on level terms.

The game changed dramatically in the second half though as Pablo Insua received his marching orders after picking up his second yellow card & all of a sudden it was back to the walls stuff.

Rayo pushed hard & it was Soldado again who put them in front with a deft finish from close range after a long spell of possession.

This time there was to be no reply as our winning streak comes to an end at 5. Oh well, these things cant last forever I suppose. Now we have to guard against a losing streak as our next 2 matches are against Barcelona & Valencia! :S"

yqUNcsm.jpg

amHl80G.jpg

Unlucky mate - I'm sure Manuel will get them to bounce back straight away

UJTTDbN.png

14DoZxU.jpg

Dportivo 3 - Barcelona 2

Goals - Bicho (6, pen), Messi (39), Renteria (70, 83), Pedro (89)

P.O.M. - Neymar (Barcelona)

xZNQr6S.jpg

"Didn't this game start with a bang!

I decided I was not going to try to defend against Barca. To **** with it! We'll attack! Screw the consequences!

On 6 minutes we took the lead after Thomas Vermaelen hand balled from a whipped free kick into the box. Bicho stepped up & conerted. 1-0.

For the next half hour it was a balls to the wall, end to end attack fest as Barca tried to equalise & we fefused to take a step backwards. Both teams had chances. Good ones. On another day the score could have been 4-3 either way but it remained at 1-0 until the great Lionel Messi skipped past 3 or 4 defenders & tied the game up in the 39th minute.

Barca grew a leg after the goal & begun to dominate. It seemed every time they got the ball it resulted in a chance for them. We were hanging on but I held little hope.

That was until the arrival of Andres Renteria. The Colombian came off the bench & was in deadly form, first jinking into the box & hitting a low shot into the far corner, then receiving the ball on the edge of the box, turning his man & firing home a thunderous strike to put us up by 2.

Pedro pulled one back in the final minute of regulation & despite 4 added minutes somehow turning into 7 we hung on to record a famous victory!"

W3RR2uj.jpg

VCG3L3y.jpg

Last edited:
Back