Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K

b4jzFMj.jpg

So during one of my frequent trips around the traps, I discovered that I could sign Ajax fullback, Kenny Tete, for the tiny fee of 850k (though that could rise, it would still be less then 1M!). I couldn't pass that up, so he will join in January!

Making some good, cheap deals to strengthen the squad is fast becoming my number one priority. Not only do I feel we are lacking in options in certain area's but I fully expect to lose a player or 2 (maybe 4 :( ) in January.

cmuifWT.jpg

Massive interest in Pablo, despite my 35M asking price! He's good but not that good, in truth 20M would probably be too much to turn down but shhh!

w4o23nS.jpg

Some big names looking at Ruben Perez as well! He has been a star for us in midfield, really don't want to see him go especially not for 6.5M. Hopefully we can extend but he still has 4 years left on his current deal!

FxvOUB4.jpg

Ezequiel has been amongst our best yet has a release clause of just 2.5M & wants a considerable pay rise to change that fact.

nJGEMcH.jpg

Another standout performer with a small release clause (4.5M) Interest is not as high so will play this one by ear.

With the arrival of Kenny Tete on the horizon & the form of Luis Hernandez my old sparring partner for the right back position, Laure, is quickly becoming surplus to requirements.

He has however been a fantastic servant to the club & I would dearly like to surround myself by familiar faces. Hence I thought it was time for a chat.

View attachment 257655

View attachment 257654

View attachment 257653

View attachment 257652

View attachment 257651

View attachment 257650

He's not great but he will improve with a few courses & he bleeds blue & white! That's what I want!

Last edited:
Every time I talk to my players about future coaching roles, they all respond with 'I just can't see myself doing that, I know what's best for my career' :@

The effort you put into this story is unreal. KUTGW.

Every time I talk to my players about future coaching roles, they all respond with 'I just can't see myself doing that, I know what's best for my career' :@

The effort you put into this story is unreal. KUTGW.

Thank you very much mate, high praise!

Laure is 32 & was considering a coaching role anyway so, tbh didn't take much convincing :P

I never consider offering coaching roles! Something I should take up always something that's passed me by! Kenny Tete is a steal too!

I never consider offering coaching roles! Something I should take up always something that's passed me by! Kenny Tete is a steal too!

Yeah, its worth looking at can sometimes bag a very good coach.

I couldnt believe it when my scout told me i could get Tete so cheap, think he will prove to be a great buy!

b4jzFMj.jpg

So during one of my frequent trips around the traps, I discovered that I could sign Ajax fullback, Kenny Tete, for the tiny fee of 850k (though that could rise, it would still be less then 1M!). I couldn't pass that up, so he will join in January!

Tete is brilliant, one of my star players when I had my Ajax file

I finally caught up. Awesome first full season so far! I wonder how much of it is the players getting more comfortable with your system?

I finally caught up. Awesome first full season so far! I wonder how much of it is the players getting more comfortable with your system?

Thats an interesting question actually. No doubt its a combination of tactical familiarity & confidence/happiness as well as a little bit of squad improvement.

Which has been the biggest factor in our turn around? I honestly dont know. The more you think about it, the more it becomes a chicken or egg type question :P

Ok, so for those of you who don't know. I have had my hands full with this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/328177-football-manager-base-story-awards-2015-a-6.html#post2747392 recently. (Don't forget to vote ;) )

I have however continued with this & hope to start regular updates again tomorrow. The first of which will probably be a Manuel's Musings style catch up post as I cant be arsed doing match by match updates about games I, quite frankly, don't remember too much about.

In any case, thanks for your patience, Manuel will be with you shortly :D

read the entire 70 pages at a go!
loving it!

but missing those phone calls lol..

Took me a while to catch up mate. Looks like things are going great for Manuel at Deportivo. Good luck for a strong finish - Qualification for the European competitions would be fantastic!

Back