Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K
Manuel's Musings - The Catch Up.​

"I am pleased to report that things have continued to go well for us. In the league a resounding 5-0 win over Espanyol was followed by a heavy defeat against league leaders Real Madrid. The front runners demolishing us 5-1 to highlight the gulf in class between the 2 sides.

In the cup we drew away to Rayo before returning home to record a comfortable victory & secure our progression to the next round, 4-1 on aggregate."

JO1ZN0m.jpg

VgYcK7O.jpg

Pleased to say that, despite our humiliation at Madrid, we remain in 3rd position only trailing the big boys.

Preview - January.

Lf9yyeq.jpg

"January shapes as a very busy month for us on the field. League matches against Levante (Home), Grenada (Away), Elche (Away) & Mallorca (Home) as well as our 5th round cup tie against Villarreal.

In the cup, we have already met expectations so to be honest I don't really care how we do. A win would be nice, yes, but the league & securing continental football is definitely my priority.

With that in mind, I am hoping to take at least 8 points from our 4 league fixtures. I am confident we can achieve this, maybe even surpass it but lets stick with 8 & see how we go!

Off the field we face the prospect of losing some of our key players. I have focused my attention on identifying replacements, should the need arise, but hopefully it wont come to that. Assuming we don't lose anyone I wouldn't expect any big announcements on the transfer front. I am happy with the squad at my disposal & am confident we can easily achieve our goals as is."

f47ixMr.jpg

Epw977b.jpg

e6pkN8H.jpg

aymMH86.jpg

j6n6IpY.jpg

9wDeVTu.jpg

FhvRNxG.jpg

That's a bit disappointing really. Ok he is 32 & only back up, but he has done well when needed & has been at the club a fair amount of time.

In an ideal world he could of played out his career here & been a handy addition but I wont stand in the way of his happiness. After all isn't that what we all want? To be happy?

JC and Manuel at Depor turning them back into a force - it is written in the stars!!

Not much Manuel can do I'm afraid but never fear, I hear JC will be representing himself at trial so what could possibly go wrong!? ;)

JC and Manuel at Depor turning them back into a force - it is written in the stars!!

Might be a risky move to bring a man accused of financial crimes to a club as strapped for cash as Deportivo mate ;)

Might be a risky move to bring a man accused of financial crimes to a club as strapped for cash as Deportivo mate ;)

Key word there is 'accused'. What ever happen to innocent until proven guilty hey Manuel!! :P

Key word there is 'accused'. What ever happen to innocent until proven guilty hey Manuel!! :P

We all know he's guilty mate :P

But its not what you know, its what you can prove that counts ;)

bZX7LIl.png

CQIH0Yk.jpg

Deportivo 4 - Levante 1

Goals - Ineanacho (27), Abdulrahman (48), Lucas (71), Bicho (88), Fidel (90+3)

P.O.M. - Omar Abdulrahman (Deportivo)

t9oGmkx.jpg

"This game was as comfortable as they come. But for a brief spell of dominance after our second goal, Levante never looked in the hunt.

Kelechi Ifeanacho gave us the lead in the 27th minute with a quick turn & snap at goal that found the top corner of the net following a sensational string of passes in the build up.

For the rest of the half we constantly threatened but just couldn't make it 2. I told the guys to maintain their focus at the break.

Just 3 minutes after the resumption we got our 2nd though Omar Abdulrahman, the middle eastern maestro dancing past defenders before slotting the ball into the net from the edge of the box.

We briefly fell asleep after our second went in but a few choice words from the sidelines snapped us out of it & when substitute, Lucas, bagged our 3rd we were cruising!

Late in the game I handed a debut to promising 18 year old goal keeper, Vicente Leal, after German Lux picked up a knock. I was hoping for a clean sheet to build the young guys confidence but unfortunately former Depor man, Fidel, managed to find the back of the net with the final kick of the game. Oh well, it cant all be perfect I suppose."

aEDHiNv.jpg

sSmLi7V.jpg

Last edited:

kbn7oYa.jpg

I was a tad nervous ahead of this conversation, you know, given the tendency for previous conversations to be conveniently forgotten at times :P

f0riCXK.jpg

awpoJpx.jpg

zZ7vUNv.jpg

What was I worried about? Who says player interaction is broken?
:P

Really enjoy the level of detail you put into each and every update!

Been reading this for a while now and good to see a writer who doesn't get 'lazy' with their updates after some time.

Keep it up man.

Really enjoy the level of detail you put into each and every update!

Been reading this for a while now and good to see a writer who doesn't get 'lazy' with their updates after some time.

Keep it up man.

Cheers mate, that is very much appreciated! I have been enjoying you Deco story as well btw.

I try to keep things interesting by trying new things & experimenting a bit. Hopefully it is entertaining for the readers as well as myself.

Why JC why!?!?! Everyone knows you DON'T buy the same strip club that the chairman frequents!

GIBL5E1.png

PY3lma4.jpg

Deportivo 1 - Villarreal 1

Goals - Renteria (22), Larrivey (67, pen)

P.O.M. - Michael Lumb (Deportivo)

z2TWcLP.jpg

"This game was definitely a tale of two halves.

In the first half we were clearly the better team & when Andres Renteria got on the end of a beautifully whipped Michael Lumb cross in the 22nd minute the flood gates opening almost felt inevitable.

Unfortunately for us though, we just lacked that cutting edge in front of goal & went to the break on level terms.

I told the boys their was still plenty of work to do, so they had to remain focussed. It didn't work!

The second half was the most complete pile of **** performance I've ever had the displeasure of having to sit through. We were never in it. Our passing was dreadful, we were second to every loose ball & when a Villarreal player did miss place a pass our defenders would somehow manage to step straight over the top of it & allow it to slide through to another attacker.

Absolute amateur hour! How the **** we only conceded once is beyond me & even that one was a penalty! One of those matches where you just wish you could fine everyone for incompetence! Needless to say my full time talk was not pleasant."

UyKCAeP.jpg

jHVqDik.jpg

diUXVeN.png

407Hzfi.jpg
]

Granada 3 - Deportivo 1

Goals - Parker (25) Duma (55, 69), Anita (72)

P.O.M. - Jairo (Granada)

hyaS0lq.jpg

"Granada have been in good form so far this year, so this game was never going to be easy. Unfortunately though, we didn't manage to put up much of a fight.

As soon as the game began I could tell our poor 2nd half in the Cup had carried over here. Once again, we were lacking desire & second in every department. Nothing highlighting this fact more then Granada's first goal.

It all started with Jairo swinging in a corner. Bergintinos cleared but, despite having 2 players closer to the ball, Olsson got to it first.

He played the ball back out to Jairo who whipped in a cross onto the foot of Juan Ignacio Duma.

The Argentines shot was hit straight at Fabricio who could only parry. 3 defenders then stood & watched as Bernard Parker ran from the opposite side of the box to regather for Granada.

Now that Parker had the ball, he was closed down by the 3 defenders who won the ball only to stand & watch as the ball again found its way to Jairo.

The young winger burst onto the ball, drew 2 defenders to the byline before cutting the ball back to the now unmarked Parker on the corner of the goal box.

One on one with the keeper & with all the time in the world, he was never going to miss.

Sadly that one piece of play summed up our entire performance in a nut shell. No desire, no anticipation, no heart!"

tavkpXa.jpg

EgOWj4q.jpg

Back