Life After Depor...

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 995
  • Views Views 319K
View attachment 252669
Manuel's Musings - January​

"The opening of the January transfer window saw us hit our first real rough patch of the year. We exited the Spanish Cup at the hands of Villarreal & suffered 2 disappointing loses on the road to Granada & Elche. Despite all that we only fell 2 points short of my predicted points tally so its not all bad.

In the window, my plans for financial stability took a hit when the opportunity to sign young Spanish star Adama Traore arose. Unfortunately it was a deal I just couldn't pass up. Lets hope he lives up to all the hype!"

qi8wnFG.jpg

Preview - February.

w7bSJox.jpg

"February see's a return to some sort of normality fixture wise with just the 4 matches to be played.

Our recent poor away performances will once again be tested with a trip to Sevilla to start. Then its home for Sporting, away to face Villarreal for the 3rd time in quick succession & finally back home for Rayo.

I think we should beat both Sporting & Rayo at home & hopefully pick up at least a point on the road against either (or both) Sevilla & Villarreal. That means my goal this month will be to pick up 7 points.

With our new line up just behind the striker now reading: Bicho, Abdulrahman & Traore I am expecting some fireworks, assuming of course, I can find a strike option that can take our chances!"

WtbwpFG.png

CpzxJyU.jpg

Sevilla 2 - Deportivo 1

Goals - Bacca (9, 25), Bicho (83 pen)

P.O.M. - Carlos Bacca (Sevilla)

82ccG3d.jpg

"Some days just aren't you days. This is one of them.

This was probably the best we've played away from home in over a month but a combination of some sloppy defending, a red hot Carlos Bacca & even sloppier finishing up front means we walk away with nothing.

Once again we went behind early when Bacca took control of a cross off his chest. He had all the time in the world to take a touch & easily beat the keeper. 1-0. Come on boys he's a ******* striker! Get on him FFS!

Barely 15 minutes later we were down 2 when a long clearance was hit directly at Kenny Tete. Easy, our ball. Oh wait, he's had an air swing! Bacca's 1 on 1! Arghhh!!!!

If I had hair I would be pulling it out! How are we down here?

At half time I told the guys they'd been unlucky but singled out our defence for some much needed criticism. WTF, guys? Notts County defended better then you lot!

The second half was more of the same. Our defence looked better but, for all our possession and half chances, we never threatened to get back into it. A late penalty gave me a glimmer of hope but it wasn't to be. Another loss on the road."

BHIl2HS.jpg

T3iCybC.jpg

Yeah, just one of those games. Felt we were the better side but that's football I suppose :S

Yup, sudden joy and sudden pain, always exciting, always unpredictable ;) I am confident you will get that 3rd place back though with a lil bit of luck

Yup, sudden joy and sudden pain, always exciting, always unpredictable ;) I am confident you will get that 3rd place back though with a lil bit of luck

My aim is top 6. Still got Valencia & Athletico lurking & Granada are no push overs so a Euro Cup place would be a good year I think. Solid place to build on. :)

Top 6 is definitely on the cards I reckon! Cracking signing in Traore and what a steal! Same for Ongenda, I started off a save and tried to buy him at the start and was quoted £12m!

Top 6 is definitely on the cards I reckon! Cracking signing in Traore and what a steal! Same for Ongenda, I started off a save and tried to buy him at the start and was quoted £12m!

Yeah, I'd be disappointed to finish any lower than 6th tbh.

I think we did extremely well in January! Every player we bought was an absolute steal in my eyes but Traore was the icing in the cake for sure. Ongenda really interests me too!

I always find I peel away at th start of the Spanish league but Atletico always catch up towards the end of the season and overtake me! So frustrating!

I always find I peel away at th start of the Spanish league but Atletico always catch up towards the end of the season and overtake me! So frustrating!

Yeah i really cant imagine us holding a CL spot down, we're just not there yet. A Euro spot & a half decent transfer budget & we'll talk next year though ;)

dEKSTOj.png

RA3TC5h.jpg

Deportivo 1 - Sporting 0

Goals - N'Djeng (64)

P.O.M. - Luis Hernandez (Deportivo)

UosQ6Hj.jpg

"A dominant win on the pitch, if not the score board.

A much improved display defensively but, up top, its the same old story I'm afraid. I have been desperately rotating my strike option in a clearly futile attempt to find someone that can hit the back of the net.

This time it was Andres Renteria that got his chance up top & within 5 minutes I was made to rue the decision when Bicho played the Colombian through on goal only for him to blaze the ball into the car park.

That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the match as we wasted chance after chance after chance all the while enjoying almost complete domination of the game.

At the hour mark I had seen enough & was ready to hook Renteria when injury made my decision easier for me. I decided to bring on N'Djeng as we were getting plenty of crosses into the box & I liked the chances of the big man getting onto the end of one.

I will resist the urge to call myself a tactical genius but almost immediately my hunch was rewarded when Luis Hernandez floated a cross in from the right & the big man thundered it in off his massive skull.

A 1-0 win is rarely comfortable but this one was as close as they come."

HQ6uhWU.jpg

C1EaNht.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 252051

Former Q.P.R. director of football, Juan Carlos Valeron, is tonight thought to be on the run from police after failing to appear before a London Magistrates court over the much publicised "Stripper-Gate" scandal.

Police fear that Valeron may have used underground contacts inside the Russian mob to secure fake documents & flee the country ahead of his conviction.

A police spokesperson said: "We have thus far failed to find Mr. Valeron after raids on both his residence & known businesses. His London residence showed signs that he had left in a hurry & we now suspect Mr. Valeron to be evading police.

Whether or not he is still in the country is unknown but police continue to investigate his disappearance
."

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Juan Carlos Valeron please contact the number above, a reward for useful information has been issued.

Does Spain have some lax extradition rules? If not, I can imagine JC donning on Groucho Marx glasses/moustache head piece and surviving as the next DoF for Deportivo.

Back