Lille V Liverpool

Nope, Still got to believe in him. Yes maybe times are hard.But a fan sticks with his team through thick and thin, So as Liverpool fans we should back out manager until the end of the season. Stop booing him + the team and get behind them. Help them out. Just like we use to. Its people who say " He's ****, Sack Him" who are making it worse and putting more pressure onto Rafa.

Correct the Team, Not the manager.

After a good season last year, we were expected to challenge for the title again, and as you can tell we have not, and i know it's the players who are on the pitch but it's the manager who tells them how to go about things.

For example Vs Lille a team that if we did go out in a mind to win the game and attack we would have won, but it seemed like Rafa was playing for a draw and it back fired and we lost, he has done that a few times in games. He has made the wrong decisions.

And I'm for one getting ****** off with him, and to be honest would love to see him go at the end of the season. Does this make me a **** fan? I think not.

i think rafa's biggest mistake was selling Alonso (which yes, i know is obvious)
but it's down to his poor man management skills that he left.
Maybe if he praised the team when we'd won a game, confidencce would be higher.

i think rafa's biggest mistake was selling Alonso (which yes, i know is obvious)
but it's down to his poor man management skills that he left.
Maybe if he praised the team when we'd won a game, confidencce would be higher.

Alonso wanted to leave, and if Rafa would have kept him he would have been unhappy, so he did the best thing and tried to get as much money for him as he could.

The thing he did wrong i think, was to buy a player who is injured, and has a history of being injured and no experience in the premiership.

With the money he had, I'm sure he could have got someone who could have done a similar job to Alonso but just not as good, and who had played in the EPL.

Just watching SSN, Phil Thompson going on about how Rafa had no money to spend and cannot sustain a challenge for the title and is still blaming the owners. Man United didn't spend any money over the summer and lost there best player so it proves that you don't need to keep spending to keep challenging.

Also, You all know that if those to ******, George and Tom, Sack benitez it will cost the club 25mill.

Also, You all know that if those to ******, George and Tom, Sack benitez it will cost the club 25mill.

Only because they gave him a new contract at end the of last season, that is why Benitez always has full backing of the board, he is pretty much untouchable because his contract is so lucrative.

Correct the Team, Not the manager.

After a good season last year, we were expected to challenge for the title again, and as you can tell we have not, and i know it's the players who are on the pitch but it's the manager who tells them how to go about things.

For example Vs Lille a team that if we did go out in a mind to win the game and attack we would have won, but it seemed like Rafa was playing for a draw and it back fired and we lost, he has done that a few times in games. He has made the wrong decisions.

And I'm for one getting ****** off with him, and to be honest would love to see him go at the end of the season. Does this make me a **** fan? I think not.

I think so. I mean the last thing he wants is people moaning at him, Yes hes having a bad year. Most managers have them, Look at what we have done with him. European cup, FA Cup, Community shield, Super Cup. European Cup Finlalists 2007, 2nd place in the leauge. Signed us one of the best keepers in the world, Got players like Garcia, Josemi, Nunez, Barragan, Kronkamp, pennant and most of his other players. Lets face it out of that list none of them are world class and Rafa still made them play. got to finals etc,

So stop moaning. I think we will finish 4th and win Euorpea Leauge. I know youll disagree and say " Ohh we will end up 6th " or make summit stupid up...

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Only because they gave him a new contract at end the of last season, that is why Benitez always has full backing of the board, he is pretty much untouchable because his contract is so lucrative.

Yes, Benitez was smart to request that cause.

Also, as you all know we are in debt. Well I was reading on the Spirt Of Shankly ( supports union ) forum and it said that the owners spent like 2.5Million on renevating the park near by the ground!.

Keep the faith in Rafa, Everton are badly placed in the table even though they are on good form but Everton fans are calling for Moyes head are they? I hope Fulham win against Juve, they deserve it.

Just watching SSN, Phil Thompson going on about how Rafa had no money to spend and cannot sustain a challenge for the title and is still blaming the owners. Man United didn't spend any money over the summer and lost there best player so it proves that you don't need to keep spending to keep challenging.

So because Man Utd don't spend much for one season all of a sudden it means they haven't constantly been spending for the past 15 years or so? It's continued spending that you need to keep challenging, which is what Man Utd have done. So to sum it up, your point is invalid.

I can prove you wrong here.
1. Man Utd did spend in the summer, 16m for Valencia, Michael Owen for free, Gabriel Obertan 3m, Mame Biram Diouf for 5.75m. So that's about 24.75m which is quite a lot. We have spent 1.5m on Kyrgiakos, 17m on Glen Johnson and 17.5m on Aquilani. That adds up to 37m which is only 12.25m more than Man Utd.
Man Utd
Anyway if you see the whole squad signings:
Van Der Sar 3m
Brown
Evra 5.5m
Vidic 7m
Ferdinand 29m
Darren Fletcher
Michael Carrick 16m
Valencia 16m
Giggs
Rooney 30m
Berbatov 30m
*The ones without prices are home grown players.
Total = 136.5
Van Der Sar is a bargain as is Vidic and Evra. Berbatov was a rip-off and Valencia is ok but not that special. Carrick is a bit of a rip-off, Rooney was a bargain. Ferdinand was a rip as he is now old and makes many mistakes, he was good for 2 seasons but a 29m player needs to be better than that.
Liverpool
While Liverpool's is:
Reina Undisclosed
Carragher
Kyrgiakos 1.5m
Agger 5.75m
Insua Part Exchange
Mascherano Undisclosed
Lucas 6m
Gerrard
Benayoun 5m
Kuyt 12m
Torres 22m
Total = 52.25 (Without undisclosed)
I know there are undisclosed but Reina's fee was like 5.5m, Insua was exchanged for Pauletta I think, who was rubbish and Mascherano was like 6m.
Now you see their team is more than double our price and look at their debt. Benayoun was a bargain, Torres is one of the best, Kuyt is quite good, Lucas is an average player, maybe worth 4m though, I admit. Agger is ok and is not a bargain or a rip-off and Kyrgiakos was a bargain. Reina is a good goalkeeper but like Cech and everone makes mistakes. Mascherano is an amazing player and another bargain.

So there you go.
Anyway, get the yanks out of Anfield and keep Rafa and once he gets money, he can use it well :) like Benayoun and Mascherano, maybe Reina.
C'mon the Reds, we can pull together in time.

So because Man Utd don't spend much for one season all of a sudden it means they haven't constantly been spending for the past 15 years or so? It's continued spending that you need to keep challenging, which is what Man Utd have done. So to sum it up, your point is invalid.
Exactly, read the above post and you will see how much they spent. Our team has nearly totally changed in 3 years as we have to sell so many players and now it is really thin with quality, we don't spend as much as Man Utd on subs like 5.5m on Park, 20m on Hargreaves and much more. They may be in more debt than us but it doesn't seem they care or anyone else notices when a Man Utd supporter says Liverpool's in massive debt, look at yourself with an every bigger debt.

Did they trade chocolates for Valencia then? :S

Ferdinand good for 2 seasons are you crazy ??? Every player makes mistakes this season maybe more but still his had problems with injurys!

I can prove you wrong here.
1. Man Utd did spend in the summer, 16m for Valencia, Michael Owen for free, Gabriel Obertan 3m, Mame Biram Diouf for 5.75m. So that's about 24.75m which is quite a lot. We have spent 1.5m on Kyrgiakos, 17m on Glen Johnson and 17.5m on Aquilani. That adds up to 37m which is only 12.25m more than Man Utd.
Man Utd
Anyway if you see the whole squad signings:
Van Der Sar 3m
Brown
Evra 5.5m
Vidic 7m
Ferdinand 29m
Darren Fletcher
Michael Carrick 16m
Valencia 16m
Giggs
Rooney 30m
Berbatov 30m
*The ones without prices are home grown players.
Total = 136.5
Van Der Sar is a bargain as is Vidic and Evra. Berbatov was a rip-off and Valencia is ok but not that special. Carrick is a bit of a rip-off, Rooney was a bargain. Ferdinand was a rip as he is now old and makes many mistakes, he was good for 2 seasons but a 29m player needs to be better than that.
Liverpool
While Liverpool's is:
Reina Undisclosed
Carragher
Kyrgiakos 1.5m
Agger 5.75m
Insua Part Exchange
Mascherano Undisclosed
Lucas 6m
Gerrard
Benayoun 5m
Kuyt 12m
Torres 22m
Total = 52.25 (Without undisclosed)
I know there are undisclosed but Reina's fee was like 5.5m, Insua was exchanged for Pauletta I think, who was rubbish and Mascherano was like 6m.
Now you see their team is more than double our price and look at their debt. Benayoun was a bargain, Torres is one of the best, Kuyt is quite good, Lucas is an average player, maybe worth 4m though, I admit. Agger is ok and is not a bargain or a rip-off and Kyrgiakos was a bargain. Reina is a good goalkeeper but like Cech and everone makes mistakes. Mascherano is an amazing player and another bargain.

So there you go.
Anyway, get the yanks out of Anfield and keep Rafa and once he gets money, he can use it well :) like Benayoun and Mascherano, maybe Reina.
C'mon the Reds, we can pull together in time.

So you can name 11 players and say we spent more when it is meant to be a squad.

You can also Included a price for undisclosed players. which would of been reported at the time. which for mascherano was 17.6million and reina 6ish.

Doiuf was only 3million.

You also havent included your 2 higherst signings. Aquallini and Johnson onto your squad. just becuase they are injured doesnt mean rafa didnt sign them. Dont forgot all the players who have left like Keane, Pennart who where Flops. so You Post was kinda Wrong and Stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I should post in here for the 2nd leg

1-0 penalty :D Lucas with a great run :)O) and brought down in the box

Yeah we are looking good tonight, especially Lucas. Torres' nutmeg and run before was quality, even better had he scored but we look very good and should advance to the next round :)

Can someone fill me in on how we have played.? I fell asleep.

We've been playing pretty well to be fair, Lucas is having a good game